[NEWS] Looks like Republicans will Win in 2016

And the DEMs have the right in their states or whatever to do as they choose with it when they can... I neither agree nor disagree with the whole state or the by district approach.. that is up to those who make those decisions

This is only being made a stink of because it is not DEMs doing it to their own advantage

BTW, if you could point to a Congress in which more people voted for Republican House candidates than Democratic, yet the Democrats won a majority in the House - I'd love to hear about it.
And it matters HOW??? The legislature is chosen in a different way than the executive ON PURPOSE, as stated before

Can you point to a Congress in which more people voted for Republican House candidates than Democratic, yet the Democrats won a majority in the House?

BTW, if you could point to a Congress in which more people voted for Republican House candidates than Democratic, yet the Democrats won a majority in the House - I'd love to hear about it.
And it matters HOW??? The legislature is chosen in a different way than the executive ON PURPOSE, as stated before

Can you point to a Congress in which more people voted for Republican House candidates than Democratic, yet the Democrats won a majority in the House?

Don't have to.. it is not relevant to the topic or discussion at hand.. so I do not need to go and research it at all

Gore....hard guess there! I still say it should be by popular vote......I don't think just certain states should be the deciding factor in an election.

The problem with a popular vote is the Republicans would whine "election stealing" every time a Democrat won. Since Democrats would win a lot (5 out of the past 6 for sure), this whining would be frequent. The steady whining of the Republicans on this made up issue would eventually eat away at the sanity of normal people, and as a nation we would all go insane. This is a severe threat to national security.

Don't have to.. it is not relevant to the topic or discussion at hand.. so I do not need to go and research it at all

Can you?

How is it not relevant when the opposite situation is mentioned in the first paragraph of the OP quote?

Can you?

How is it not relevant when the opposite situation is mentioned in the first paragraph of the OP quote?

Don't have to.. PERIOD.. because the legislative is chosen in a different way than the executive

I don't care what stupid crap a blog blurb says

Gore....hard guess there! I still say it should be by popular vote......I don't think just certain states should be the deciding factor in an election.

People should elect the President not states

Wrong... because we already have a branch chosen by popular vote.. it is a check and balance that is and should be in place

Congress represent the states

The president should represent and be answerable to the people

Can you?

Don't have to.. PERIOD..

You can't.

because the legislative is chosen in a different way than the executive
So?

So what is relevant to the thread is dictated by DiamondDave, not the OP?

Interesting. Who appointed you?

Can you?

Don't have to.. PERIOD..

You can't.

because the legislative is chosen in a different way than the executive
So?

The argument behind the bullshit blurb, that you are trying to make, is moot BECAUSE THE BRANCHES ARE CHOSEN IN DIFFERENT WAYS.... SO, because 1 thing happened(s) in the selection of representatives in one branch and not another is FUCKING IRRELEVANT...

The OP and the blog blurb don't really mean shit.. and the entire basis of the blog blurb is shown to be bullshit.. you don't have to go any further than the bullshit assertion of "they win when they lose"... BECAUSE THE EXECUTIVE IS NOT CHOSEN BY POPULAR VOTE.. SO WHETHER POPULAR VOTE SAID SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN THE ACTUAL RESULT IS NOT AN ISSUE... THERE WAS NO LOSS BECAUSE POPULAR VOTE WAS DIFFERENT BECAUSE POPULAR VOTE DOES NOT CHOOSE THE EXECUTIVE

Last edited:
Except that the "plan" doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of passing.

Democrats seem to be pretty worried about this one.

Nah. Republicans were so damn sure they would win this last November and look what happened. They can gerrymander all they want but the long term trend continues away from the lunacy that is conservatism.

Don't have to.. PERIOD..

You can't.

So?

The argument behind the bullshit blurb, that you are trying to make, is moot BECAUSE THE BRANCHES ARE CHOSEN IN DIFFERENT WAYS....

So Republicans can't attempt to rig the selection of both because they are chosen in different ways? How does the choosing of the branches in different ways make it impossible for someone to rig the selections of both?

You can't.

So?

The argument behind the bullshit blurb, that you are trying to make, is moot BECAUSE THE BRANCHES ARE CHOSEN IN DIFFERENT WAYS....

So Republicans can't attempt to rig the selection of both because they are chosen in different ways? How does the choosing of the branches in different ways make it impossible for someone to rig the selections of both?

The DEMs have redistricted and done changes along the years as well.. it is part of the system.. and you certainly don't see them complaining when it is in their favor

You are a goddamn idiot

The DEMs have redistricted and done changes along the years as well.. it is part of the system.. and you certainly don't see them complaining when it is in their favor

You are a goddamn idiot
OK. Great. So now that you've brought the issue up, please point to a time when they gerrymandered on such a massive scale that the Democrats won a majority in the House in spite of more votes cast for Republican candidates.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back