next target of the left will be talk radio

Uncensored, business is inherently conservative, as you have pointed out repeatedly for almost two years. And now you don't equate conservative with right wing? So the Koch Brothers are liberal?

Jake speaks truth. Mass Media is dominated by Big Corporate, i.e. increasingly funneled into the hands of fewer and fewer bigger and bigger corporations. A Time Warner or a News Corp or a ClearChannel not only owns way too many radio/TV stations, they also own everything else that feeds it: magazines, newspapers, movie makers, book publishers, record companies, concert venues, even sports teams. That book author you're watching interviewed on Fox Nose isn't there because his book is deserving; he's there because it's published by HarperCollins, which like Fox is owned by NewsCorp. Coming up next, a preview of the new movie you have to see, which just happens to be a Fox Searchlight Pictures product -- also NewsCorp. Not interested in any of that? Tune to the NatGeo. They own that too. Which is why you'll see a commercial for what seems like a rival channel-- they're not rivals.

Now that's what I call monologue writ large. Not so much a news or entertainment complex as a self-feeding profit center.

What such a corp wants is less and less and less regulation, fewer obstacles to becoming a monopoly; and for nothing to change in its path to profits. That's Conservative with a capital C. That is what our media is made of. All that dog-and-pony show about "liberal media" is just puppet theater for those easily led drones who can be counted on to get lost gazing at the puppets and never dare to look up at who's pulling the strings.

Here's what we all have to do: look up once in a while. Because the downside of all this is fewer and fewer and fewer voices in the media. And it's been shrinking a long time.

I bet you own stock in large corporations as most are owned by middle class Americans.
Stock holders ARE the corporations. They are PEOPLE.
There have been laws on the books for 100 years banning monopolies.

And in the case of Big Media those laws have been eradicated piece by piece. I believe we mentioned TelComm 96; that was one such eradication, although hardly the only one.

I'm ignoring your first two sentences as they are yet more non sequiturs.

There is liberal media and there is conservative media.
To claim that all media or that the majority of media is controlled by conservatives is ignorance.

It boggles my mind to think that one so dense claims to run three businesses, while posting here all day. Maybe that explains why your posts are not thought through.

Sure, there's "liberal and conservative" media. Those are the two puppets operated by the same hand. Take ClearChannel (please). Where I live they own the radio station that broadcasts Hannity and that whole crowd. They also own another station that broadcasts Ed Schultz and that whole crowd. They don't care what the ideology is; they just want to be the ones making the money off both. And their music stations too.

Good to know you like the puppets and really believe in them. That's exactly what they want. Good boy.

The internet allows anyone to be a voice in media. Your wallet is a larger voice as media is consumer driven with advertising.

Uh .... yeah, I have a single "voice". That's definitely comparable to a voice propagated through thousands of media outlets in every known form. Sure, that's the same thing.

Geez, this is too easy.
Do not like media be it liberal or conservative. TURN IT OFF.
No cry babies.

I can turn it off? Don't let Pol Pot Boy get wind of that; he thinks I'm required to watch "Law and Order". But then he's a fascist.

Thanks, I already turn most of that shit off; it doesn't stop Big Media from growing its monopolies because I can't do that, nor are any of these thoughts related to what "I" want.
No, that's supposed to be what the FCC is for. But slimeballs like Michael Powell come in with deranged priorities and give away the store.

At this point I'd like to link a video about media monopoly that would punctuate my point. There's a couple of them. But I can't, because YouTube keeps taking them down. YouTube is owned by Google. And Google is Big Corporate. Do the math. Big Media does not want us discussing this or even aware of it. When TelComm 96 was brewing, which fundamentally changed our media and what it stands for, that Big TV Media, which is what we lean on for information and simultaneously the party that stood to gain from the bill financially, devoted a grand total of 19 minutes to the issue. That's all TV combined. That silence is the sound of conservative corporatism protecting its interest, against the interest of the public for which it stands (to profit from).

Last edited:
Talk radio has been a target for a long time. Remember Clinton whining in an interview about how Limbaugh wasn't challenged? This coming from a guy who had all the air time he wanted and often bashed Rush. I guess he wanted more people to join him.

Talk about the Fairness Doctrine pops up now and then and it seems that some people don't appreciate the millions of people who prefer to listen to those who share their views in politics. Some feel that if one person gives an opinion, they need to provide air time for someone to refute it. Usually, it's Rush Limbaugh, Hannity and other conservatives who get pointed to when people bitch about all that rightwing chat. Of course, Hannity has a lot of liberal guests on and there is constant debate. Limbaugh takes calls and often debates liberals. I don't see Maddow doing that, but no one picks on her for shying away from debating those with opposite views.

I think many liberals are still stinging from the dismal ratings and short run of their Air America. Not even liberals were listening and it was a miserable venture. Of course, it didn't stop Maddow from being plucked up by the liberal media to give her air time to continue her rants.

Somehow, it just isn't enough. They should be asking themselves why they don't have the viewers that other shows do.

Having government step in to tilt the playing field to help the ones not doing so well isn't the answer. If Maddow or Air America didn't have listeners, it was solely on them. Why couldn't they draw an audience? Maybe it's their content or their attitude, but it's something only they can fix and they shouldn't turn to big brother to beat up the competition. They should improve their own game or give up.

Everyone knows that talks how hosts are about opinions. What gets me are the ones who actually hold themselves out as reporters and deliver the news to us. There is no equal time to refute the bias reporting we get from them and it's all passed off as real news, when it's often just slanted opinions. The only thing that should change is that those who claim to be actual news anchors be required to report facts only and not show bias to one side or the other.

Cite a law proposed by any democratic lawmaker that would force off the air any broadcast perceived to be ‘conservative.’ Or any EO by any democratic president with the same objective.

Otherwise, you and others on the right are the only ones whining.

Jake speaks truth. Mass Media is dominated by Big Corporate, i.e. increasingly funneled into the hands of fewer and fewer bigger and bigger corporations. A Time Warner or a News Corp or a ClearChannel not only owns way too many radio/TV stations, they also own everything else that feeds it: magazines, newspapers, movie makers, book publishers, record companies, concert venues, even sports teams. That book author you're watching interviewed on Fox Nose isn't there because his book is deserving; he's there because it's published by HarperCollins, which like Fox is owned by NewsCorp. Coming up next, a preview of the new movie you have to see, which just happens to be a Fox Searchlight Pictures product -- also NewsCorp. Not interested in any of that? Tune to the NatGeo. They own that too. Which is why you'll see a commercial for what seems like a rival channel-- they're not rivals.

Now that's what I call monologue writ large. Not so much a news or entertainment complex as a self-feeding profit center.

What such a corp wants is less and less and less regulation, fewer obstacles to becoming a monopoly; and for nothing to change in its path to profits. That's Conservative with a capital C. That is what our media is made of. All that dog-and-pony show about "liberal media" is just puppet theater for those easily led drones who can be counted on to get lost gazing at the puppets and never dare to look up at who's pulling the strings.

Here's what we all have to do: look up once in a while. Because the downside of all this is fewer and fewer and fewer voices in the media. And it's been shrinking a long time.

I bet you own stock in large corporations as most are owned by middle class Americans.

And in the case of Big Media those laws have been eradicated piece by piece. I believe we mentioned TelComm 96; that was one such eradication, although hardly the only one.

It boggles my mind to think that one so dense claims to run three businesses, while posting here all day. Maybe that explains why your posts are not thought through.

Sure, there's "liberal and conservative" media. Those are the two puppets operated by the same hand. Take ClearChannel (please). Where I live they own the radio station that broadcasts Hannity and that whole crowd. They also own another station that broadcasts Ed Schultz and that whole crowd. They don't care what the ideology is; they just want to be the ones making the money off both. And their music stations too.

Good to know you like the puppets and really believe in them. That's exactly what they want. Good boy.

The internet allows anyone to be a voice in media. Your wallet is a larger voice as media is consumer driven with advertising.

Uh .... yeah, I have a single "voice". That's definitely comparable to a voice propagated through thousands of media outlets in every known form. Sure, that's the same thing.

Geez, this is too easy.
No cry babies.

I can turn it off? Don't let Pol Pot Boy get wind of that; he thinks I'm required to watch "Law and Order". But then he's a fascist.

Thanks, I already turn most of that shit off; it doesn't stop Big Media from growing its monopolies because I can't do that, nor are any of these thoughts related to what "I" want.
No, that's supposed to be what the FCC is for. But slimeballs like Michael Powell come in with deranged priorities and give away the store.

At this point I'd like to link a video about media monopoly that would punctuate my point. There's a couple of them. But I can't, because YouTube keeps taking them down. YouTube is owned by Google. And Google is Big Corporate. Do the math. Big Media does not want us discussing this or even aware of it. When TelComm 96 was brewing, which fundamentally changed our media and what it stands for, that Big TV Media, which is what we lean on for information and simultaneously the party that stood to gain from the bill financially, devoted a grand total of 19 minutes to the issue. That's all TV combined. That silence is the sound of conservative corporatism protecting its interest, against the interest of the public for which it stands (to profit from).

I, unlike you, do not watch or bend over and take it up the ass from the puppets.
I am too busy working.
"one so dense" "posting all day"
One of my businesses is a detective agency I started in 1982. Agency license issued by The Georgia Secretary of State's Professional Licensing Division. I work odd hours in that, many nights and weekends. And NO, I do not do domestic or any surveillance.
My 2nd business is I own vacant land and have been buying it for the last 5 years as the market is low. I sold a lot when the market was high. So not much work there now as all I do is sit and wait and buy more.
My 3rd business I am a consultant to the law firms that represent the large banks that were hammered when the market fell out. Many of those banks have bought the assets of smaller banks from the FDIC and Georgia leads the nation in small bank failures. Tractor trailer comes with toxic loans the Feds require due diligence in locating, evaluating and selling those assets in a down market.
All 3 are corporations.
But I will not be posting tomorrow. Am headed to Apalachicola Florida with some of my fascist and greedy friends to fish, drink beer and count my $$$ for 5 days.
Toodles, have fun making shit up here.

Last edited:

Geez, this is too easy.
No cry babies.

I, unlike you, do not watch or bend over and take it up the ass from the puppets.
I am too busy working.
One of my businesses is a detective agency I started in 1982. Agency license issued by The Georgia Secretary of State's Professional Licensing Division. I work odd hours in that, many nights and weekends. And NO, I do not do domestic or any surveillance.
My 2nd business is I own vacant land and have been buying it for the last 5 years as the market is low. I sold a lot when the market was high. So not much work there now as all I do is sit and wait and buy more.
My 3rd business I am a consultant to the law firms that represent the large banks that were hammered when the market fell out. Many of those banks have bought the assets of smaller banks and Georgia leads the nation in small bank failures. Tractor trailer comes with toxic loans the Feds require due diligence in locating, evaluating and selling those assets in a down market.
All 3 are corporations.
But I will not be posting tomorrow. Am headed to Apalachicola Florida with some of my fascist and greedy friends to fish, drink beer and count my $$$ for 5 days.

A "detective agency"??? :lmao: -- you're the same clown who makes shit up that other people never said and then zombies out when asked to find them.

Holy shit, my sides hurt from laughing.

I am too busy working.
My 3rd business I am a consultant to the law firms that represent the large banks that were hammered when the market fell out. Many of those banks have bought the assets of smaller banks and Georgia leads the nation in small bank failures. Tractor trailer comes with toxic loans the Feds require due diligence in locating, evaluating and selling those assets in a down market.
All 3 are corporations.

A "detective agency"??? :lmao: -- you're the same clown who makes shit up that other people never said and then zombies out when asked to find them.

Licensed private detective agency.
Bet you 50K that I have had that detective license since 1982.
All we have to do is pick someone here like rightwinger and have them check the online license search on the Georgia Secretary of State's Professional Licensing Division site to verify my license.

You will not be laughing when you lost your $$$.
Only a fool would take that bet.
Please do it.

I am too busy working.
All 3 are corporations.

All we have to do is pick someone here like rightwinger and have them check the online license search on the Georgia Secretary of State's Professional Licensing Division site to verify my license.

Please do it.

--- then how come you can't find all these posts of mine that you claim I made, in two days, detective?

Or is it possible they never existed...?

Go ahead, say it. Everybody knows.

Gadawg and bripat, the Batman and Robin of the board. Oh my aching sides. You two goobers are truly fun. Don't ever leave, please.

Please do it.

--- then how come you can't find all these posts of mine that you claim I made, in two days, detective?

Thought so.

Talks like Tarzan
Plays like Jane.

Please do it.

Thought so.

Talks like Tarzan
Plays like Jane.

I think we all need a decoder ring after this one.

Bilko, Finger-boy, Pol Potsmoker, all the way back to the questions raised in 28 and 37... lots of spewing of hot air but when it comes time to man up and put substance behind it -- crickets, scripted echolalia and now a weird invocation of jungle cartoon figures. In the marketplace of ideas, all these guys have is funny money.

Most media is owned by big business which, by definition is, right wing.

Big business by definition right wing?
How stupid are you?

You are missing his point. The majority of businesses want lower taxes and fewer regulations. They also don't want a powerful Labor organization which forces them to share a higher percentage of economic gains with American workers. For these reasons they tend to be against Leftwing policies.

This doesn't mean that there are no exceptions. We can both name many.

Same thing for Big Media, which is also owned by large mega-corporations that don't want higher taxes, more powerful regulations, and a labor force that has the power to dictate their own terms. However, despite the fact that Big Media supports Rightwing policies out of self-interest, their advertisers want to reach leftwing consumers. So they tolerate the small slice of liberal programming on MSNBC Primetime. It should be noted that when Comcast purchased MSNBC, Olbermann was told told to to tone it down. Olbermann, who is admittedly crazy and impossible to work with, saw the writing on the wall: Leftist journalism doesn't have sufficient funding from business to stay afloat. The big corporations who own Big Media simply are not going to support programming that advocates raising their taxes and health care obligations.

Gadwag: you are a smart guy. Please balance your Rightwing pundits with different points of view. Your information sources are not giving you anything even close to a complete picture. You need to think more carefully about this stuff.

Last edited:
Of course capitalists lean generally conservative, and to suggest otherwise is indicative of a weak head.

Cite a law proposed by any democratic lawmaker that would force off the air any broadcast perceived to be ‘conservative.’ Or any EO by any democratic president with the same objective.

Simple: the Fairness Doctrine.

"A broadcast licensee shall afford reasonable opportunity for discussion of conflicting views on matters of public importance."

No forcing any station off the air. Ever.

Why on earth would the democrats try to shut down talk radio?

All the craziness coming out of there, and the throwing under the bus of any and all moderate republicans, is doing the democrats far more good than harm, politically speaking.

Simple: the Fairness Doctrine.

"A broadcast licensee shall afford reasonable opportunity for discussion of conflicting views on matters of public importance."

No forcing any station off the air. Ever.

Exactly. Nor has it ever happened. That's why those annoying questions in posts 28 and 37 cannot be answered: there simply are no examples to cite. It doesnt exist.

This idea of "silencing" anything is a myth made up by those bent on having their own monologues... the same voices (Hannity, Limblob et al) that already keep any threat of an alternate view, far far away from their own airtime. The last thing they want is for the body of their muckraking fearmongering mythology to be challenged or contradicted or exposed for what they are by any reasoned debate. So they make up these scare stories about "silencing" for the light-of-mind too lazy to think it through.

Then those dittoes bring them here only to get their myths shot full of holes. We're happy to blow those canards out of the water (and it's easy), but they need not have ever been floated in the first place. This level of ignorance, this and all the other topics of the mythmongers, is the price of having a monologue on the radio stewing in its own vacuum.

Last edited:
I do believe many on the far right would love to silence any propaganda from the far left, and some on the far left would do the same if they could.

I do believe many on the far right would love to silence any propaganda from the far left, and some on the far left would do the same if they could.

I don't think it's propaganda the whiners want to silence, but actual debate itself.

It's the "STFU" approach to discourse: Denigrate, Obfuscate and Eliminate. Then turn around and accuse the opponent of what you're doing yourself. A transparent tactic that only works within the intellectual confines of a Bubble.

That's why monologues and echo chambers foment ignorance. And why they wake up stunned at election results.

Forum List

Back