NFL Conference Finals

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
New England Patriots(-3) at Denver Broncos-Another match-up of Brady vs. Manning and I would think the last. The Patriots have no real running game, the front defensive line of Denver should be able to get to Brady fairly often and hurry him up. The Broncos have no real offensive threat Manning is a shell of the old Manning and had trouble scoring against a poor Pittsburgh defense. I think Brady pulls a couple big plays with Gronk being the key.

Arizona Cardinals at Carolina Panther (-3)-During the season I thought Arizona was a favorite to win it all. Their last game with Seattle I gave them a pass because it was a last game and no real motivation. Last week against Green Bay a team they beat by 30, they were lucky to win. Palmer looked lost and the defense looked average. They need to step it up this week or Carolina will crush this team. Palmer needs to exploit the Panthers secondary, they are ailing and are the weak spot. Carolina's front seven are solid, the running game is looking good, shut down Stewart and you got Newton running. How do you cover Olsen?

Both New England and Carolina should win and cover the spread.

New England Patriots(-3) at Denver Broncos-Another match-up of Brady vs. Manning and I would think the last. The Patriots have no real running game, the front defensive line of Denver should be able to get to Brady fairly often and hurry him up. The Broncos have no real offensive threat Manning is a shell of the old Manning and had trouble scoring against a poor Pittsburgh defense. I think Brady pulls a couple big plays with Gronk being the key.

Arizona Cardinals at Carolina Panther (-3)-During the season I thought Arizona was a favorite to win it all. Their last game with Seattle I gave them a pass because it was a last game and no real motivation. Last week against Green Bay a team they beat by 30, they were lucky to win. Palmer looked lost and the defense looked average. They need to step it up this week or Carolina will crush this team. Palmer needs to exploit the Panthers secondary, they are ailing and are the weak spot. Carolina's front seven are solid, the running game is looking good, shut down Stewart and you got Newton running. How do you cover Olsen?

I made the same picks, although it was difficult to decide.

I'm going Pats 27 - Broncos 20
Panthers 24 - Cards 20

Can cam beat Brady? Or Denver?

Panthers 24 - Cards 20
If Carolina wins can they beat Denver or new England? How about az? Assuming you don't think az can beat ne can az beat Denver? Did they play this year?

Can cam beat Brady? Or Denver?

Cam can't beat New England or Denver. Carolina can beat either team. Carolina's front seven is dominating could put enough pressure on either QB. Their secondary could be suspect. On offense the running game of Carolina is very good and passing game is solid.

Arizona was the most rounded and best team going into week 17. Now I'm not sure. I think any of these teams can win it all.

For Denver, it's said great offenses win games, good defenses win championships.

New England, like Seattle are a threat until they are beaten and that is not easy.

Panthers 24 - Cards 20
If Carolina wins can they beat Denver or new England? How about az? Assuming you don't think az can beat ne can az beat Denver? Did they play this year?

None of these teams looks unbeatable.

(wishful thinking)

Patriots (37-10)
Cardinals (17-14)

(with Cardinals winning the Super Bowl)

Panthers 24 - Cards 20

I'm riding with Pap an' Monty since we all went 4 fer' 4 last weekend........but, wait, thatz not the only reason.

If both games are close, perchance, by the end, which quarterback do you want?

Q: In the Denver-NE matchup, do you want a washed up P. Manning or a firing-on-all-cylinders Brady?
ANS:.........the obvious answer of course, Brady......duh! Especially since Gronk, Edelman, and Amendola are all playing.

Q: In the Az.-Carolina matchup, do you want a 36 yr. old Carson Palmer (who just won his 1st playoff game last week!.....and needs to vastly improve this week!!) or Cam Newton whose having a MVP year?
ANS: Newton bitchez.

Forget the spreads at this point in the season, forget the 'would've-could've should'ves', forget the miniscule defense differences, and just kick back, watch an' enjoy the prelude to a Brady-Newton S-Bowl.

Besides, the 3 amigos, Pap, Monty, and Kidd gotcha covered this year!!! :cheers2:

Panthers 24 - Cards 20

I'm riding with Pap an' Monty since we all went 4 fer' 4 last weekend........but, wait, thatz not the only reason.

Q: In the Denver-NE matchup, do you want a washed up P. Manning or a firing-on-all-cylinders Brady?
ANS:.........the obvious answer of course, Brady......duh! Especially since Gronk, Edelman, and Amendola are all playing.

Q: In the Az.-Carolina matchup, do you want a 36 yr. old Carson Palmer (who just won his 1st playoff game last week!.....and needs to vastly improve this week!!) or Cam Newton whose having a MVP year?

Forget the spreads at this point in the season, forget the 'would've-could've should'ves', forget the miniscule defense differences, and just kick back, watch an' enjoy the prelude to a Brady-Newton S-Bowl.

Besides, the 3 amigos, Pap, Monty, and Kidd gotcha covered this year!!! :cheers2:

I'm not as convinced of the superiority of Newton over Palmer.....I think Palmer may have just had a case of nerves last week. My pick of the Panthers is based more on their dominance in the first half last week and having home field.

I agree that Brady is playing much better than Manning. Manning has had a pretty crappy year. He didn't look that good in the game last week. I'd prefer Denver winning, but with the Pats offense getting healthy, playing at home, I just don't expect it.

Panthers 24 - Cards 20

I'm not as convinced of the superiority of Newton over Palmer.....I think Palmer may have just had a case of nerves last week. My pick of the Panthers is based more on their dominance in the first half last week and having home field.

I agree that Brady is playing much better than Manning. Manning has had a pretty crappy year. He didn't look that good in the game last week. I'd prefer Denver winning, but with the Pats offense getting healthy, playing at home, I just don't expect it.

Isn't the game in Denver?

Panthers 24 - Cards 20

Palmer has had nerves for his past two games. Panthers' defensive line gonna give him more nerves........many, many, many more nerves.

Panthers 24 - Cards 20

Yes. I only meant to talk about home field with the Panthers game, brain fart. :)

Panthers 24 - Cards 20

Yes. I only meant to talk about home field with the Panthers game, brain fart. :)

That's cool, I thought I was off,,it wouldn't be the first or last time I get confused.

Funny how the west game is being played before the east game.

Ready to see who will be part of Super Bowl 50.

Forum List

Back