NFL National Anthem Controversy Summed Up

Players, this has no place in the workforce. Twitter your political beliefs. When you are on the field, stick your views behind you and do the job you are being paid for. We don't turn out in to see your opinion of our flag. Flagrant disregard for our anthem, wearing socks that disrespect our policemen will garner a reaction you aren't going to like, if you value your paychecks.

The point that politics doesn't belong in sports is well taken. Always has been.

So let's stop trotting out the national freaking anthem at events that have nothing to do with politics already. Not to mention the pom pom band forming an image of the flag at halftime because they were prostituted into it by the Pentagon.

Oh but we can't talk about that, right?

Having it both ways -- priceless.
Once These Juiced-Up Apes Kneel, We'll All Be Kneeling to Foreign Masters

The flag and the anthem are not political. They cannot be protested. Imagine two factions at a Baptist convention. One faction loses the vote on its issue. Disrespecting our flag is like that faction burning the Bible in protest.

I'll put this question out there for I think the seventh time now ---

--- where do you see anybody "disrespecting a flag"? Where do you even see a flag at all?
I know it's forbidden by your cult, but they aren't watching you here, so try to do some thinking for once. It may be painful for someone who's never used his brain before, but you'll be rewarded greatly and the initial pain won't last very long. You'll lose all your friends, but once you become rational, you'll see that as no great loss.

The "Star-Spangled Banner" is a poetic description of the flag itself, so insulting its theme song does mean insulting the flag.

Oh FUCKING BULLSHIT.

And for the record the Star Spangled Banner is actually about a battle. So you might want to break free of your own robot cult long enough to consider why your country wants to identify itself with war, the ultimate human Failure.
We Will Stop Being the Land of the Free Once We Stop Being the Home of the Brave

In order to cover their shame, all unpatriotic cowards pretend that war is an atrocity. The "Conscientious Objector" scam should be taken off the books.

Protesting the national anthem by disrespect at an NFL game, NBA, game, NHL game, Little League, Pop Warner league, etc. is unacceptable. They are playing a game,. Protests have no place.

jwjnwosihfix.jpg

My problem with all this is, can I just take a Sunday afternoon and just enjoy a football game without all the politicized nonsense? I just wanna watch my Saints or another game and have a day without politics?
Huddling Hoodlums

The thughugging jocks have politicized the game, not Trump.

It is also boring as hell!

Watching soccer, hockey, golf, tennis, and bowling are the most incredibly stupid wastes of time created by man.

In soccer, it's 90 minutes of watching almost no one score.

In hockey, unless you are superhuman, you cannot see the puck. Without the light over the net, 95% of the audience never knows when a goal is scored.

In golf, you can watch the last 15 minutes to find out who won.

Tennis is back and forth, back and forth, and most matches are not even competitive.

The hardest job in the world is being the color commentator for bowling. John: "Bill, what do you think Fred is going to try to do now?"

Bill: "I think he's going to roll that ball down there and knock down all of those pins!"
You have no clue about soccer. It's a highly tactical sport., and strategies. The boring one is football and baseball. 2 secs of play 5 mins of commercials, half of the players are overweight....and the fans are drunk and are indulging on junk good.

I have no clue about soccer? I played soccer in college. It is a great game to play and I loved it, but watching it on TV is like watching a car rust. I don't like professional baseball on TV either.

The fever is spreading, I have friends who didn't grow up around soccer, now they are addicted. Soccer has the best fans.

Growing? Yes. My grandsons played soccer, but now it is baseball, basketball, and football. Same as it ever was!

Soccer is for everyone short or tall as long as you are healthy and train.
Basketball not for everyone.
Football unless if you super fast or big super big and obese you can't play it.
Baseball well that's just like golf, hardly any running or stamina needed.
Why Baseball Should Have Separate Offensive and Defensive Squads

Baseball players have to endure 162 games plus playoffs. Since Low IQ soccer cretins don't have long-term stamina, they can pointlessly run up and down the field for only a comparatively few games a season.

Protesting the national anthem by disrespect at an NFL game, NBA, game, NHL game, Little League, Pop Warner league, etc. is unacceptable. They are playing a game,. Protests have no place.

jwjnwosihfix.jpg

My problem wit all this is, can I just take a Sunday afternoon and just enjoy a football game without all the politicized nonsense? I just wanna watch my Saints or another game and have a day without politics?

And your point is well taken, and always was. That's exactly why I say exactly the same thing at the beginning of every baseball game. And I have to sit through a lot more of those than you do.
Bokomore

For Progos, having to listen to the national anthem is like being water-boarded.

Not sure why the Right would want to be as intolerant to opposing views as the Regressive Left.

There should be no tolerance for opposing views using the forum of the national anthem.

Protest by not showing up to play the game. I bet that will make for some good headlines!

The hypocrisy of the NFL is also on display. Want to wear a message on your headband? Oh, no! We cannot allow that because our advertisers pay us to wear their stuff!

Want to show disrespect for our nation during the national anthem? Go right ahead. That's a freedom of speech issue.
Putting limits on freedom of expression is something the Regressives do too.

It seems like there's always an excuse for shutting down opposing speech.

But limits exist. All presidents, especially democrat ones enjoy great protection when it comes to getting protested. It's not unreasonable to forbid this attention whoring during games. These men are multi millionaires, they have every oppertunity to speak out. Instead, they take over every faciat of the public at larges lives until there is no escape from all the outrage. If it were me, I would already have a list of contracts that I would let run out. I'm thinking we will see many new faces in all aspects of the NFL over the next two or so years.

Not sure why the Right would want to be as intolerant to opposing views as the Regressive Left.

There should be no tolerance for opposing views using the forum of the national anthem.

Protest by not showing up to play the game. I bet that will make for some good headlines!

The hypocrisy of the NFL is also on display. Want to wear a message on your headband? Oh, no! We cannot allow that because our advertisers pay us to wear their stuff!

Want to show disrespect for our nation during the national anthem? Go right ahead. That's a freedom of speech issue.
Putting limits on freedom of expression is something the Regressives do too.

It seems like there's always an excuse for shutting down opposing speech.

But limits exist. All presidents, especially democrat ones enjoy great protection when it comes to getting protested. It's not unreasonable to forbid this attention whoring during games. These men are multi millionaires, they have every oppertunity to speak out. Instead, they take over every faciat of the public at larges lives until there is no escape from all the outrage. If it were me, I would already have a list of contracts that I would let run out. I'm thinking we will see many new faces in all aspects of the NFL over the next two or so years.
Or you could just let it go, and allow people to express different opinions without punishing them.

Neither end seems to have the ability to do that.

It's not unreasonable to forbid this attention whoring during games.

It is however unreasonable to characterize a completely silent, passive posture as "attention whoring" and "taking over every faciat of the pubic at larges lives", whatever that means. More to the point it's blatantly dishonest.

But that's appeal to Emotion, a different fallacy.

jwjnwosihfix.jpg

My problem wit all this is, can I just take a Sunday afternoon and just enjoy a football game without all the politicized nonsense? I just wanna watch my Saints or another game and have a day without politics?

And your point is well taken, and always was. That's exactly why I say exactly the same thing at the beginning of every baseball game. And I have to sit through a lot more of those than you do.
Bokomore

For Progos, having to listen to the national anthem is like being water-boarded.

Once AGAIN --- this doesn't address the question at all. It runs away from it. :gay:

Very well not-played. Beautifully not-done-anything-about.

It is however unreasonable to characterize a completely silent, passive posture as "attention whoring" and "taking over every faciat of the pubic at larges lives", whatever that means. More to the point it's blatantly dishonest.

No it isn't. It's ones God given right to do just that. And the stunt was attention whoring plain and simple. Wait, lemme guess, you also have a top secret library your dad willed to you to take care of for him that completely details attention who reign making you an expert. Got it.

No it isn't. It's ones God given right to do just that. And the stunt was attention whoring plain and simple. Wait, lemme guess, you also have a top secret library your dad willed to you to take care of for him that completely details attention who reign making you an expert. Got it.

"Attention who reign"? Do you even speak English?

Yes it absolutely IS dishonest. Colin Kaepernick was simply sitting out, calling no attention to himself whatsoever, until some media wag who obviously wasn't standing for the national anthem either, took his picture and tried to milk a story out of it. And you Gullibles just bought it hook line and sinker. Because not-buying it would require actual thought.

Sorry Virginia, doing nothing cannot be described as "attention whoring". Getting all butthurt because somebody does nothing when you wanted them to be a lockstep marionette and then whining on a message board about their exercise of free will however, does describe it. So you'll always have that.

Colin Kaepernick was simply sitting out, calling no attention to himself whatsoever, until some media wag who obviously wasn't standing for the national anthem either, took his picture and tried to milk a story out of it.

This brings up another angle I haven't seen mentioned.

WHO was the reporter that, DURING the national anthem, took this picture?

0827-colin-kaepernick-twitter-5.jpg

Does this not mean the cameraman/photographer was himself ignoring the national anthem?

Should the sumbitch not be fired on the same basis?

Well?

aaaaaaand CUE crickets.

Does this not mean the cameraman/photographer was himself ignoring the national anthem?

All kinds of people sit for the national anthem without getting into trouble.

Example:

8d7d1dc99093cb689e810de3a33c0707--army-band-national-anthem.jpg

U.S. Army Band plays the National Anthem at the USAA 238th U.S. Army Birthday Celebration

All kinds of people sit for the national anthem without getting into trouble.

Example:

8d7d1dc99093cb689e810de3a33c0707--army-band-national-anthem.jpg

U.S. Army Band plays the National Anthem at the USAA 238th U.S. Army Birthday Celebration

Got a pic of somebody playing a song with a camera?

Got a pic of somebody playing a song with a camera?

36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem

(1) when the flag is displayed—
(A)
individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;

(C)
all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart,

Maybe he was a left handed cameraman ;)

And if USA won't tolerate Trump's snowflake brigades trying to steal valor from the military to justify bigotry? What then? I mean, you've stooped low before, but this is kind of a new low for you.

No matter. This will all fade in a week, when the Trumpflakes get their orders to get poutraged over something new. In the meantime, Kaepernick is a national hero, the issue of police brutality is front and center again, and Trump looks even more petty, weak and immoral. Liberals are pleased with that outcome, and we thank you for helping make it happen.

And respecting or disrespecting the anthem and flag have absolutely nothing to do with law enforcement or police brutality. It is probably one of the stupidest attempts to show disrespect to law enforcement.

Also, why weren’t you and others supporting the rights of the NYC police when they turned their backs on the NYC mayor?

More proof that liberals are dead and lefties have prevailed.

All hail the regressive left!
why didn't they protest last weekend? or the weekend before that and on and on.
They have been protesting since last year, at least a paltry few. It probably would have just faded away like a fart in the wind if president shitgibbon didn't go and put his 2 cents in. Now everyone will get in on the stupid act.
The Power and the Glory

It's a President's duty to protect the flag. Trump's concern over the matter of blatant treason should have been expressed by all previous presidents, especially by LBJ, who should have drafted the Campus Commie Scum. Boot-camp DIs would have turned those childish brats into men.

Protect the Flag and damn the Constitution huh?

And if USA won't tolerate Trump's snowflake brigades trying to steal valor from the military to justify bigotry? What then? I mean, you've stooped low before, but this is kind of a new low for you.

No matter. This will all fade in a week, when the Trumpflakes get their orders to get poutraged over something new. In the meantime, Kaepernick is a national hero, the issue of police brutality is front and center again, and Trump looks even more petty, weak and immoral. Liberals are pleased with that outcome, and we thank you for helping make it happen.

And respecting or disrespecting the anthem and flag have absolutely nothing to do with law enforcement or police brutality. It is probably one of the stupidest attempts to show disrespect to law enforcement.

Also, why weren’t you and others supporting the rights of the NYC police when they turned their backs on the NYC mayor?

They have been protesting since last year, at least a paltry few. It probably would have just faded away like a fart in the wind if president shitgibbon didn't go and put his 2 cents in. Now everyone will get in on the stupid act.
The Power and the Glory

It's a President's duty to protect the flag. Trump's concern over the matter of blatant treason should have been expressed by all previous presidents, especially by LBJ, who should have drafted the Campus Commie Scum. Boot-camp DIs would have turned those childish brats into men.

did you mean to say protect the flag and the constitution? cause that's what we are doing. it's called HONOR. you should look up its meaning.

The Power and the Glory

did you mean to say protect the flag and the constitution? cause that's what we are doing. it's called HONOR. you should look up its meaning.

Honor was not mentioned. Duty was. Here is the President's duty:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Not a flag. Flag burning and any other form of flag desecration is protected by the Constitution.

The Presidents dishonorable outbursts, has defamed and caused injury to a profitable and successful American business and tradition. But who really expects honor from such a man as one who denigrated a Republican colleague over something about the look of her face. A man whose demonstrative lies are so numerous and told so often, that they've become the new normal for the once prestigious Office of the President.

The Power and the Glory

Honor was not mentioned. Duty was. Here is the President's duty:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Not a flag. Flag burning and any other form of flag desecration is protected by the Constitution.

The Presidents dishonorable outbursts, has defamed and caused injury to a profitable and successful American business and tradition. But who really expects honor from such a man as one who denigrated a Republican colleague over something about the look of her face. A man whose demonstrative lies are so numerous and told so often, that they've become the new normal for the once prestigious Office of the President.
and he has been doing that daily while subjective to lies and scatterish bullshit about russia russia. so thanks for recognizing him for that. the flag is a symbol of our nation and is tied to that constitution thingy, but hey you have the free speech to disrespect what most all americans hold as honor to our love for our land and sacrifices made by millions to make it the best country on the planet.. BTW duty is to protect that thing called the flag. It's why it is on almost every building in america and military camps and ships and planes and on and on.

Forum List

Back