NFL National Anthem Controversy Summed Up

It's not unreasonable to forbid this attention whoring during games.

It is however unreasonable to characterize a completely silent, passive posture as "attention whoring" and "taking over every faciat of the pubic at larges lives", whatever that means. More to the point it's blatantly dishonest.

But that's appeal to Emotion, a different fallacy.

No it isn't. It's ones God given right to do just that. And the stunt was attention whoring plain and simple. Wait, lemme guess, you also have a top secret library your dad willed to you to take care of for him that completely details attention who reign making you an expert. Got it.

"Attention who reign"? Do you even speak English?
Giggling Gotcha Gang

You're too lazy to figure out that it is a typo for "whor(e)ing," which is typical of the way you twist things into the most favorable outcome for your peculiar perspective.

images

Players new uniform....

Colin Kaepernick was simply sitting out, calling no attention to himself whatsoever, until some media wag who obviously wasn't standing for the national anthem either, took his picture and tried to milk a story out of it.

This brings up another angle I haven't seen mentioned.

WHO was the reporter that, DURING the national anthem, took this picture?

0827-colin-kaepernick-twitter-5.jpg

Does this not mean the cameraman/photographer was himself ignoring the national anthem?

Should the sumbitch not be fired on the same basis.
Pogo Agog

Someone so patriotic that he probably put his life on the line covering other patriots in Afghanistan and Iraq. No wonder a goofy traitor like you criticizes him for doing such a brilliant job on Qaepernick.

Soccer is for everyone short or tall as long as you are healthy and train.
Basketball not for everyone.
Football unless if you super fast or big super big and obese you can't play it.
Baseball well that's just like golf, hardly any running or stamina needed.
Why Baseball Should Have Separate Offensive and Defensive Squads

Baseball players have to endure 162 games plus playoffs. Since Low IQ soccer cretins don't have long-term stamina, they can pointlessly run up and down the field for only a comparatively few games a season.
LOL soccer players are one the fittest athletes on earth. You have to Sprint numerous times, jog, tackle pass, kick, nonstop for 90 mins, if it goes to extra time it's 120 mins.
A sport that has overweight players shouldn't be called a sport, I'm sorry, both baseball and football are very boring and that's why they didn't make it passed north America.
Soccer has over 3 billions fans.

Baseball is huge in Japan, you seem to be ignorant about sports. Glad you like soccer, it’s a great sport but it will never be the number one sport in the US. You have no proof outside of a few international games played in this country that the interest level is anywhere close to even hockey, a Canadian and Russian sport. Hockey is the fourth largest sport. Again, your claims that soccer is the fastest growing sport in America is fine and dandy, it has been the fastest growing sport for 40 plus years and still is number five in this country. So for a fast growing sport, it has made little progress. The TV ratings, the attendance for games is still far below the big three and auto racing has bigger ratings and attendance than soccer.

Demographics going forward will push soccer to pass both NFL and MLB. And trust me Soccer is a very good choice, not only it keeps the kids fit, but also everyone can play it, you don't have to be super fast, or super tall, or super fat and big to be able to play it. So it give an equal opportunity to kids that wanna practice it.

world cup for example is watched by over a billion all over the world....the super bowl? 100 million or so. Baseball was number 1 before, than NFL took over...Soccer all the stats showing it's moving up as the demographics are changing....Immigrants encourage kids to play sports that they are fimilair with and soccer comes in the first spot, it's also cheap to practice it.

Youth Soccer has more participants than football and Baseball.

The 2015 Women’s World Cup generated $40 million in ad revenue for Fox. That is more than double the projections. It outperformed the Stanley Cup Final, World Series and NBA Finals.

In 1998 there were only10 major MLS teams now there are 22 and more to come.

They have been saying that since the 70s. It's not happening.

Soccer is one minute of action crammed into 90 minutes of watching foreigners with names you cannot pronounce kick a ball back and forth..
LOL so you are a racist then. You life must be mesirable.

Colin Kaepernick was simply sitting out, calling no attention to himself whatsoever, until some media wag who obviously wasn't standing for the national anthem either, took his picture and tried to milk a story out of it.

This brings up another angle I haven't seen mentioned.

WHO was the reporter that, DURING the national anthem, took this picture?

0827-colin-kaepernick-twitter-5.jpg

Does this not mean the cameraman/photographer was himself ignoring the national anthem?

Should the sumbitch not be fired on the same basis.
Pogo Agog

Someone so patriotic that he probably put his life on the line covering other patriots in Afghanistan and Iraq. No wonder a goofy traitor like you criticizes him for doing such a brilliant job on Qaepernick.

Exercising your right to free speech isn't disrespectful of the military, but stopping others from exercising their right to free speech is. Why? Because the military swore an oath to the Constitution, not the flag or the anthem, and because of that oath, all military should support the right to free speech that is in the Constitution.

Here..............lemmie help you out if you're confused about what the oath says..........

The Oath of Enlistment (for enlisted):

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The Oath of Office (for officers):

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the _____ (Military Branch) of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

Be Ready To Raise Your Right Hand | Military.com

summation;

Trump calls players SOB's, they protest his sorry ass.

glad I could help

So they took a knee because TRUMP! How gay and childish.

There a bunch of self-entitled, overpaid stooges. I hope t hey all tear there fucking ACL's.

That's informative --- wishing injury on Americans exercising a Constitutionally guaranteed right....

Jingobots are crowing "oh noes you can't do that, you're disrespecting the flag/country/anthem/whatever". Jingobot-in-chief calls them "sumbitches" who should be "fired" and/or "boycotted". Somebody comes up with stories of fans or sponsors pulling support, yea verily that mob mentality may prevail over Free Speech.

The gesture meanwhile is entirely passive and respectful.

The ban-bots employ a naked appeal to emotion trying vainly to invoke the taboo power of the Totem to focus on the mob's emotion and ignore the context behind it.
____________________________​

There's your sum-up.
BIG BROTHERHOOD IS WATCHING YOU

The ruling class and its flunkies in SCROTUS tell us it is "a Constitutionally guaranteed right." Like Eve, we don't have to listen to anything those bossy, conceited, power-hungry snakes tell us is true. If the American people resent it, the only reason the Establishment allows it is to humiliate the American people. The rulers despise, hate, and most of all fear all other White people. Let's give them something to really fear about and they will quickly surrender their unearned privileges of social dominance and lawmaking.

Real men would break these jocks' legs. You got a problem with that? WE DON'T CARE.

but the nfl will lose this, doesn't matter what the poll says. I'm sorry, no one can afford to lose 50% of business revenue and survive. just saying, it ain't in the cards bubba. so you go right along posting this nonsense and we will all watch as the players either change their protest behavior or sink as a business. the clock is ticking...tick, tick, tick. Anyone get on a knee last night?

Only pointing out your hypocrisy.
Nice try.

Yet confederate flag waivers have a right to waive a true symbol of hatred for the Stars and Stripes.
Nice move.....fake "patriots".:bsflag:

“In democracies, we the people get the government we deserve. We also get the celebrities we deserve, the artists we deserve, and the athletes we deserve. Because ultimately, we the people get to decide who and what gets our attention, and who and what does not.”

“Right now the NFL, the players who choose to kneel, the networks who choose to broadcast their protest, the advertisers who sponsor the games, and the President of the United States, are all eager for our attention. And they are all using football to get it. That’s all well and good, right up to the point where it isn’t.

In my view, this controversy really isn’t about patriotism, social justice, racial inequality, or free speech. It’s not even about the flag or the national anthem. It’s really only about one thing – what we will tolerate, and what we won’t.”

“I was disappointed last night, to hear President Trump encourage owners to fire players who refuse to stand for the anthem. Not because I dispute the owners right to do so, and not because I would grieve the dismissal of anyone who chooses to disrespect our flag. I was disappointed because the President’s comments presuppose that the owners are in charge of the game.

They’re not. We are. We decide what to watch, and that decision – far more than any other consideration – will determine the what the owners choose to do. And that in turn will affect what the players choose to do.”

As the leader of the country, the President had an opportunity to remind us that The NFL, the networks who broadcast their games, and all of the players – standers and kneelers alike – work for us. He might have also used the occasion to remind us that he too, serves at our pleasure.”

“I felt a similar bemusement when the Commissioner issued his response, followed by the President of the Player’s Union. Their comments – along with the comments of many of the players themselves – were perfectly reasonable, perfectly understandable, and perfectly in keeping with their first amendment rights. But they were also perfectly arrogant. Because they too, presuppose that millions of fans will continue to watch them play a game – no matter what.”

As Mike Rowe stated earlier, it all comes down now to what the American people will tolerate and what they will not. I guess we will find out the answer to that in the weeks to months to come.

Mike Rowe Blasts Everyone Involved In The NFL-National Anthem Protests
well technically, confederate flag waivers have the same freedoms as the kneelers. Or not? tell me.

Nice try.

Yet confederate flag waivers have a right to waive a true symbol of hatred for the Stars and Stripes.

“In democracies, we the people get the government we deserve. We also get the celebrities we deserve, the artists we deserve, and the athletes we deserve. Because ultimately, we the people get to decide who and what gets our attention, and who and what does not.”

“Right now the NFL, the players who choose to kneel, the networks who choose to broadcast their protest, the advertisers who sponsor the games, and the President of the United States, are all eager for our attention. And they are all using football to get it. That’s all well and good, right up to the point where it isn’t.

In my view, this controversy really isn’t about patriotism, social justice, racial inequality, or free speech. It’s not even about the flag or the national anthem. It’s really only about one thing – what we will tolerate, and what we won’t.”

“I was disappointed last night, to hear President Trump encourage owners to fire players who refuse to stand for the anthem. Not because I dispute the owners right to do so, and not because I would grieve the dismissal of anyone who chooses to disrespect our flag. I was disappointed because the President’s comments presuppose that the owners are in charge of the game.

They’re not. We are. We decide what to watch, and that decision – far more than any other consideration – will determine the what the owners choose to do. And that in turn will affect what the players choose to do.”

As the leader of the country, the President had an opportunity to remind us that The NFL, the networks who broadcast their games, and all of the players – standers and kneelers alike – work for us. He might have also used the occasion to remind us that he too, serves at our pleasure.”

“I felt a similar bemusement when the Commissioner issued his response, followed by the President of the Player’s Union. Their comments – along with the comments of many of the players themselves – were perfectly reasonable, perfectly understandable, and perfectly in keeping with their first amendment rights. But they were also perfectly arrogant. Because they too, presuppose that millions of fans will continue to watch them play a game – no matter what.”

As Mike Rowe stated earlier, it all comes down now to what the American people will tolerate and what they will not. I guess we will find out the answer to that in the weeks to months to come.

well technically, confederate flag waivers have the same freedoms as the kneelers. Or not? tell me.
so no answer eh? it seems I've found your hypocrisy instead. wish to debate me say so. you answer first though.

Nice try.

What Hypocrisy?

People who fly Confederate Flags have the same Constitutional Right to do so as NFL Players have the right to kneel. Both also do not have the right to avoid the consequences of their actions.

The consequences of the NFL players' actions have forced them to change their minds and abandon kneeling DURING the National Anthem.

Your arguments are of the false narrative., the protest is over how non-whites are treated in society.
Not about disrespecting the flag.
Again, nice try.
But honoring a flag that tore the country apart by traitors is still okay in your mind.
Duly noted.

Snowflakes continue to make False Arguments...

It is your biased liberal opinion that Americans fly the Confederate flag because they hate America. Does not make it a fact - just your Opinion.

No one has said the NFL Players do not have the Constitutional Right to take a knee during the National Anthem.

Americans have stated that they should NOT take a knee during the National Anthem because it is disrespectful.

Players can continue to protest during the national Anthem all they want...but they don't have the right to demand people stop holding them accountable for doing so.

Your arguments are of the false narrative., the protest is over how non-whites are treated in society.
Again, nice try.
But honoring a flag that tore the country apart by traitors is still okay in your mind.
Duly noted.

Nice try.

so no answer eh? it seems I've found your hypocrisy instead. wish to debate me say so. you answer first though.

Again, nice try.
Duly noted.

Snowflakes continue to make False Arguments...

It is your biased liberal opinion that Americans fly the Confederate flag because they hate America. Does not make it a fact - just your Opinion.

No one has said the NFL Players do not have the Constitutional Right to take a knee during the National Anthem.

Americans have stated that they should NOT take a knee during the National Anthem because it is disrespectful.

Players can continue to protest during the national Anthem all they want...but they don't have the right to demand people stop holding them accountable for doing so.
so why protest the flag during the anthem and disrespect those who fought for their right to earn that fking million dollars, the ones in the stands with missing limbs because they fought for that right. fk them and the ship they came in on.

ungrateful

Last edited:
Your arguments are of the false narrative. The protest is over how non-whites are treated in society. Not about disrespecting the flag.

Snowflakes keep repeating that OPINION, and it is no more true now than when it was when it was 1st stated.

Collin Kaepernick started the entire 'protest' during the national Anthem, claiming to condemn an entire nation for a small percent of a subsection of this nation's populace's action.

Fans, American citizens decided that they felt conducting such a protest was disrespectful to the country, to Vets, and to the National Anthem.
- YOU don't get to tell THEM, snowflake, what they feel, what they are allowed to feel / believe. YOU don't get to define what something is or isn't about. To THEM, kneeling during the National Anthem is an unacceptable act.

58% of ALL Americans stated the other day that opposed the NFL's United Disrespect of the National Anthem.
- That United act of kneeling or refusing to come out of the locker-rooms had NOTHING to do with 'how non-whites are treated in society'. Many said so themselves. Many said it was a reaction to what the President said - SO IT IS YOU ARE SUDDENLY PUSHING THE FALSE NARRATIVE.

The backlash was swift and severe. Americans did not create this backlash because they could care less about treatment of minorities, They did so because to them kneeling during the Anthem was hijacking a sporting event to disrespect the national anthem.

Jerry Jones and the Cowboys demonstrated to the entire NFL that there is a way to focus attention on the original protest and off perceived disrespect by kneeling during the National Anthem. They did so by kneeling BEFORE the Anthem.

The NFL got the message - players got the message. Teams are NOT going to risk giving the impression they are disrespecting the flag any more. They are all announcing they WILL stand for the Anthem now.

Some have also stated they will kneel before the Anthem. For the most part Americans have responded to that by saying, 'Go for it! just don't do it during the National Anthem'.

So you just keep pushing that false narrative / BS, snowflake. The majority of Americans disagree with you, they sent their message, and the NFL and players heard it loud and clear, causing them to change what they are doing.

Where was Kaepernick BEFORE he got fired and couldn't find a job?
Where was he when he was a celebrated starter doing so well with the 49ers?
The crap he suddenly started protesting by taking a knee didn't JUST start up.
Where was his sense of outrage over injustice before?
Perhaps the only 'injustice' he truly opposed was that no one wanted his ass on their team!

Where was Kaepernick BEFORE he got fired and couldn't find a job?
Where was he when he was a celebrated starter doing so well with the 49ers?
The crap he suddenly started protesting by taking a knee didn't JUST start up.
Where was his sense of outrage over injustice before?
Perhaps the only 'injustice' he truly opposed was that no one wanted his ass on their team!
you're right, Kaepernick's protest was due to him getting fking benched.

Baseball players have to endure 162 games plus playoffs. Since Low IQ soccer cretins don't have long-term stamina, they can pointlessly run up and down the field for only a comparatively few games a season.
LOL soccer players are one the fittest athletes on earth. You have to Sprint numerous times, jog, tackle pass, kick, nonstop for 90 mins, if it goes to extra time it's 120 mins.
A sport that has overweight players shouldn't be called a sport, I'm sorry, both baseball and football are very boring and that's why they didn't make it passed north America.

Baseball is huge in Japan, you seem to be ignorant about sports. Glad you like soccer, it’s a great sport but it will never be the number one sport in the US. You have no proof outside of a few international games played in this country that the interest level is anywhere close to even hockey, a Canadian and Russian sport. Hockey is the fourth largest sport. Again, your claims that soccer is the fastest growing sport in America is fine and dandy, it has been the fastest growing sport for 40 plus years and still is number five in this country. So for a fast growing sport, it has made little progress. The TV ratings, the attendance for games is still far below the big three and auto racing has bigger ratings and attendance than soccer.

Demographics going forward will push soccer to pass both NFL and MLB. And trust me Soccer is a very good choice, not only it keeps the kids fit, but also everyone can play it, you don't have to be super fast, or super tall, or super fat and big to be able to play it. So it give an equal opportunity to kids that wanna practice it.

world cup for example is watched by over a billion all over the world....the super bowl? 100 million or so. Baseball was number 1 before, than NFL took over...Soccer all the stats showing it's moving up as the demographics are changing....Immigrants encourage kids to play sports that they are fimilair with and soccer comes in the first spot, it's also cheap to practice it.

The 2015 Women’s World Cup generated $40 million in ad revenue for Fox. That is more than double the projections. It outperformed the Stanley Cup Final, World Series and NBA Finals.

Soccer is one minute of action crammed into 90 minutes of watching foreigners with names you cannot pronounce kick a ball back and forth..

How do you get racist out of that comment?

I also have no idea what mesirable means.

Growing? Yes. My grandsons played soccer, but now it is baseball, basketball, and football. Same as it ever was!

Soccer is for everyone short or tall as long as you are healthy and train.
Basketball not for everyone.
Football unless if you super fast or big super big and obese you can't play it.
Baseball well that's just like golf, hardly any running or stamina needed.

Again, 40 years ago soccer was the fastest growing sport in the US. Again, 40 years ago we heard how soccer would be the number one sport in the US in 20 years, it didn't happen in 20 and hasn't happened in 40 and now you want us to believe it will happen in 60? In 1968 the NASL started, in 1978-1980 the NASL had 24 teams, in 1984 the league folded. I was part of the big soccer phase in the 70's, so I have been there and done that. I have watched the great players of the time play live. The Portland Timbers were the darlings of the league at the height of its glory. Peter Withe, Clive Charles, Mick Poole and so on.

When soccer starts making gains, then we will see, so far it is all talk and nothing else. Comeback and we will talk when it moves from 5th to 4th.

How do you get racist out of that comment?

I also have no idea what mesirable means.
Labeling soccer players as foreigners, why do you have to go there? Soccer has been player in the US for almost a century and most that play the game here on high level are Americans.

Forum List

Back