NFL National Anthem Controversy Summed Up

I'm sure that most in college ball are left winged loons as well, especially as they are indoctrinated by left winged universities around the country.

I'm also certain that if they have two brain cells to rub together, which I assume a few do, they realize that the NFL is in decline which means that their future is being threatened.
Cool so soccer can take over....we immigrants will be the majority and soccer will be for sure number one. .
We Should Be Proud That This Is Why Americans Never Adopted Soccer

Soccer is a peasant game, as indicated by the fact that the serfs can't use their arms. It is also revealing that it is mostly boring and miserable except for a few seconds the few times a score is made. It is for slavish cowards who are satisfied with that while the pigs they enrich feast all day long.
Soccer isnumber one sport in the world, the fastest growing sport in the US. It's taking over, it's exciting, all athletes are fit, fans are engaged in 90 mins mostly healthy individuals who don't indulge on hot dogs and sleep during games. Highly tactical. Got the best fans, has the highest audience both in attendance and TV. Brings all nations close to each other
Doesn't require thousands of dollars for kids to play it. Is simply the beautiful game.
20 years tops it'll be number 1 in the US.

It is also boring as hell!

Watching soccer, hockey, golf, tennis, and bowling are the most incredibly stupid wastes of time created by man.

In soccer, it's 90 minutes of watching almost no one score.

In hockey, unless you are superhuman, you cannot see the puck. Without the light over the net, 95% of the audience never knows when a goal is scored.

In golf, you can watch the last 15 minutes to find out who won.

Tennis is back and forth, back and forth, and most matches are not even competitive.

The hardest job in the world is being the color commentator for bowling. John: "Bill, what do you think Fred is going to try to do now?"

Bill: "I think he's going to roll that ball down there and knock down all of those pins!"
You have no clue about soccer. It's a highly tactical sport., and strategies. The boring one is football and baseball. 2 secs of play 5 mins of commercials, half of the players are overweight....and the fans are drunk and are indulging on junk good.

I have no clue about soccer? I played soccer in college. It is a great game to play and I loved it, but watching it on TV is like watching a car rust. I don't like professional baseball on TV either.

Cool so soccer can take over....we immigrants will be the majority and soccer will be for sure number one. .

Soccer is a peasant game, as indicated by the fact that the serfs can't use their arms. It is also revealing that it is mostly boring and miserable except for a few seconds the few times a score is made. It is for slavish cowards who are satisfied with that while the pigs they enrich feast all day long.
Soccer isnumber one sport in the world, the fastest growing sport in the US. It's taking over, it's exciting, all athletes are fit, fans are engaged in 90 mins mostly healthy individuals who don't indulge on hot dogs and sleep during games. Highly tactical. Got the best fans, has the highest audience both in attendance and TV. Brings all nations close to each other
Doesn't require thousands of dollars for kids to play it. Is simply the beautiful game.

Soccer was the fastest growing sport in America in the 70’s and was expected to over take hockey and basketball by the mid 80’s and in 20 years would become the number one sport in the US.

So far it still trails behind basketball and hockey. I used to play it in high school but I lost interest after high school and will watch basketball, football and baseball and I sleep through a soccer game. I doubt it will ever be as popular as other American games.
Where do you live?
Cause in metropolitan areas any park you walk some dudes are playing soccer. Here in LA is number one sport, we have the galaxy and now LAFC too. So does new York they have 2 major teams, franchises are popping up everywhere the base is growing fast.

There was a world cup fever in the US, millions watched it. It was watched more than any super bowl or NBA finals. Also some soccer teams have more attendance than some NFL teams, if you compare Seattle sounders for example to the yankees .

Hate it or not is the most played, watched, richest sport in the world and will be the most popular in the US for sure.

Again, I heard this rhetoric in the 70's. I live in America. Swimming, field hockey, figure skating have great ratings during the Olympics, doesn't translate into popularity long term. World Cup has great ratings and then after, they go back to poor at best

Comparing the Yankess avg attendance to the Sounders avg attendance. The Yankees avg. is lower because they play 81 home games, the Sounders play 17 home games. The Seattle Seahawks average 69,000 to the Sounders 41,000. Also, the Sounders averaged 2,000 less this in 2016 than 2015. The next closest in attendance is Orlando over 11,000 less a game than the Sounders. The other end of the spectrum is FC Dallas which averages 14,000. The pacific northwest has always done well for soccer and it goes back to the NASL when the Sounders and the Timbers would consistently sell out. The interest in the sport was at an all-time high in Seattle and Portland back then and the interest never waned, it never became as popular across the rest of the nation. My guess is it never will but you are free to dream like I did in the 70's.

As far as revenue:
NFL $13.0 billion per year.
MLB $ 9.5 billion per year.
NBA $ 5.2 billion per year.
NHL $ 3.7 billion per year.
MLS $ 0.6 billion per year.
CFL $ 0.2 billion per year.

It's growing in attendance popularity and revenue. With the growing population of immigrants it'll take over for sure. Example I played competitive soccer here, now we are 5 members who attend games, watch it online and on TV and spend money on merchandise. All I see is soccer everywhere, I can't remember last time I saw kids playing football or baseball. Soccer fields are replacing baseball fields due to high demand. And I've travelled a lot.

Watching soccer, hockey, golf, tennis, and bowling are the most incredibly stupid wastes of time created by man.

In hockey, unless you are superhuman, you cannot see the puck. Without the light over the net, 95% of the audience never knows when a goal is scored.

Tennis is back and forth, back and forth, and most matches are not even competitive.

The hardest job in the world is being the color commentator for bowling. John: "Bill, what do you think Fred is going to try to do now?"

Bill: "I think he's going to roll that ball down there and knock down all of those pins!"
You have no clue about soccer. It's a highly tactical sport., and strategies. The boring one is football and baseball. 2 secs of play 5 mins of commercials, half of the players are overweight....and the fans are drunk and are indulging on junk good.

I have no clue about soccer? I played soccer in college. It is a great game to play and I loved it, but watching it on TV is like watching a car rust. I don't like professional baseball on TV either.

The fever is spreading, I have friends who didn't grow up around soccer, now they are addicted. Soccer has the best fans.

Soccer was the fastest growing sport in America in the 70’s and was expected to over take hockey and basketball by the mid 80’s and in 20 years would become the number one sport in the US.

So far it still trails behind basketball and hockey. I used to play it in high school but I lost interest after high school and will watch basketball, football and baseball and I sleep through a soccer game. I doubt it will ever be as popular as other American games.
Where do you live?
Cause in metropolitan areas any park you walk some dudes are playing soccer. Here in LA is number one sport, we have the galaxy and now LAFC too. So does new York they have 2 major teams, franchises are popping up everywhere the base is growing fast.

There was a world cup fever in the US, millions watched it. It was watched more than any super bowl or NBA finals. Also some soccer teams have more attendance than some NFL teams, if you compare Seattle sounders for example to the yankees .

Hate it or not is the most played, watched, richest sport in the world and will be the most popular in the US for sure.

Again, I heard this rhetoric in the 70's. I live in America. Swimming, field hockey, figure skating have great ratings during the Olympics, doesn't translate into popularity long term. World Cup has great ratings and then after, they go back to poor at best

Comparing the Yankess avg attendance to the Sounders avg attendance. The Yankees avg. is lower because they play 81 home games, the Sounders play 17 home games. The Seattle Seahawks average 69,000 to the Sounders 41,000. Also, the Sounders averaged 2,000 less this in 2016 than 2015. The next closest in attendance is Orlando over 11,000 less a game than the Sounders. The other end of the spectrum is FC Dallas which averages 14,000. The pacific northwest has always done well for soccer and it goes back to the NASL when the Sounders and the Timbers would consistently sell out. The interest in the sport was at an all-time high in Seattle and Portland back then and the interest never waned, it never became as popular across the rest of the nation. My guess is it never will but you are free to dream like I did in the 70's.

As far as revenue:

It's growing in attendance popularity and revenue. With the growing population of immigrants it'll take over for sure. Example I played competitive soccer here, now we are 5 members who attend games, watch it online and on TV and spend money on merchandise. All I see is soccer everywhere, I can't remember last time I saw kids playing football or baseball. Soccer fields are replacing baseball fields due to high demand. And I've travelled a lot.

Yeah, when was the last time over 100,000 fans showed up for a college soccer game?

The fever is spreading, I have friends who didn't grow up around soccer, now they are addicted. Soccer has the best fans.

Growing? Yes. My grandsons played soccer, but now it is baseball, basketball, and football. Same as it ever was!

Nothing on TV can compare to actual experience. It can't. TV is two-dimensional.
It's also sensorially dictatorial, meaning it requires its viewer to be a passive sponge to whom every event will be dictated as it sees fit, and your job is to sit down and shut up. The game, or whatever the program may be, is simply the carrot to lure you into that passive position so it can sell you shit you don't need, which is what we call "advertising" -- the stick.

If one desires to follow a sports event and can't be there the radio broadcast is ultimately the superior way to do it, and always will be.

Where do you live?

As far as revenue:

Yeah, when was the last time over 100,000 fans showed up for a college

Europeans teams were touring and playing here this summer, they were beating stadium attendance records, 104 000 was reach in one game. And soccer has the 3rd most attendance now.

Where do you live?

As far as revenue:

Europeans teams were touring and playing here this summer, they were beating stadium attendance records, 104 000 was reach in one game. And soccer has the 3rd most attendance now.

Where can you seat 104,000 for a soccer game here in the US? I smell bullshit!

Growing? Yes. My grandsons played soccer, but now it is baseball, basketball, and football. Same as it ever was!

Soccer is for everyone short or tall as long as you are healthy and train.
Basketball not for everyone.
Football unless if you super fast or big super big and obese you can't play it.
Baseball well that's just like golf, hardly any running or stamina needed.

Arr your eyes brown? If they are, it is because you are full of shit!

Soccer players look like your prototypical homosexual.

Where do you live?

As far as revenue:

My bad it's actual more than that.

Emotional Minutes

A sold-out crowd of 109,318 filled Michigan Stadium on Saturday, according to estimates, shattering the previous record of 101,799 set during a 1984 Olympic match between Brazil and France.

I went to games here in LA between European teams and it's always over 94 000.

Give me a number that beats that that took place on US soil.

Arr your eyes brown? If they are, it is because you are full of shit!

Soccer players look like your prototypical homosexual.

Homosexual...because we are fit and healthy?

As far as revenue:

Emotional Minutes

A sold-out crowd of 109,318 filled Michigan Stadium on Saturday, according to estimates, shattering the previous record of 101,799 set during a 1984 Olympic match between Brazil and France.

You do realize that stadium is the only one in the US that can hold that many people, whereas those are NOT US teams. The novelty would wear off quickly if they played every week or so.

Emotional Minutes

You do realize that stadium is the only one in the US that can hold that many people, whereas those are NOT US teams. The novelty would wear off quickly if they played every week or so.
Numbers are growing that's what's the stats show. NFL still big so is baseball but soccer beats both NFL and NBA.

Where do you live?

As far as revenue:

You have said nothing other than your opinion and your observation. Again, in the 70's soccer was the fastest sport and people said it would be the most popular sport in this country. 40 years later we hear soccer is the fastest growing sport and in 20 years it will be the most popular in the country. Forgive me for being skeptical, but it hasn't happened in 40 years of supposedly being the fastest growing sport and still being behind hockey doesn't give you much credibility.

Also for a guy that claims he travels a lot, you need to learn how to spell traveled.

Emotional Minutes

Numbers are growing that's what's the stats show. NFL still big so is baseball but soccer beats both NFL and NBA.

Why do you persist with these lies? The stats have been posted in this thread.

Total Attendance
MLB: Baseball United States/Canada 73,159,068
Nippon Baseball Japan 24,981,514
NBA Basketball United States/Canada 21,997,412
NHL United States/Canada 21,429,412
NFL United States 17,788,671
Minor Baseball United States 13,829,761
Premier League Soccer England/Wales 13,612,316

I don't see MSL on there. For the fastest growing sport for the last 40 years, where is it?

As far as revenue:

Emotional Minutes

The record for most to watch to watch a soccer match in the US was FC Barcelona vs the LA Galaxy and that was 93,226, the next was FC Barcelona vs the LA Galaxy and that was 93,137. Again you lie.

The largest attendance for a football game was 130,045 set last year on September 10th when Tennessee beat Virginia Tech

That same Michigan Stadium had 115,109 watch a Michigan vs. Notre Dame football game in 2013.
Notre Dame at Michigan, Sept. 10, 2011 -- 114,804
Ohio State at Michigan, Nov. 26, 2011 -- 114,132
Michigan State at Michigan, Oct. 20, 2012 -- 113,833
Nebraska at Michigan, Nov. 19, 2011 -- 113,718
Beaver Stadium, Penn State: vs. Nebraska, Sept. 14, 2002 -- 110,753
Kyle Field, Texas A&M: vs. Ole Miss, Oct. 11, 2014 -- 110,633

The Indianapolis 500 has over 500,000 watch their event every year.

You try to sell it but we aren't buying it.

Protesting the national anthem by disrespect at an NFL game, NBA, game, NHL game, Little League, Pop Warner league, etc. is unacceptable. They are playing a game,. Protests have no place.

jwjnwosihfix.jpg

My problem wit all this is, can I just take a Sunday afternoon and just enjoy a football game without all the politicized nonsense? I just wanna watch my Saints or another game and have a day without politics?

Protesting the national anthem by disrespect at an NFL game, NBA, game, NHL game, Little League, Pop Warner league, etc. is unacceptable. They are playing a game,. Protests have no place.

jwjnwosihfix.jpg

My problem wit all this is, can I just take a Sunday afternoon and just enjoy a football game without all the politicized nonsense? I just wanna watch my Saints or another game and have a day without politics?

And your point is well taken, and always was. That's exactly why I say exactly the same thing at the beginning of every baseball game. And I have to sit through a lot more of those than you do.

Forum List

Back