NFL weighs penalty for Anti American Kneelers

NFL weighs 15-yard penalties for kneeling during national anthem: report

They shouldn't be allowed to stay in the locker room for the anthem. They are ALLOWED to live in this country that ALLOWS them to play a game and make MILLIONS the VERY LEAST they can do is stand for the damn National Anthem!

While not a violation of game rules, the disrespecting of the flag does violate the handbook the NFL hands out to teams on TEAM CONDUCT. When on that field, you represent the NFL and are there to play football. This is a NATIONAL sport and the Flag is the ultimate symbol of our NATION. If you don't respect our nation, then get off the field and don't play and don't take our money. Maybe go to Canada. Keep your personal political peeves for off the field on your own time where you can represent them all you want as YOUR views without reflecting on your employer. People pay big money in order to be entertained, not insulted. I'll be very disappointed if the NFL now backs down on this.

According to the link above in post 85 --- they just did, if that link is accurate.

Over the last decade the NFL tried to brown-nose the DoD and its pimping of fake patriotism displays by trotting its players onto the field for the national anthem charade as some sort of imprimatur on the whole Jingo commercial. And then the paid-patriotism scandal was exposed by two (Republican) Senators and they were shamed into sending three-quarter of a million bucks back to the government. And now the whole marionette thing has blown up in their collective face and the players are going back to the locker room where they always used to be.

Serves 'em right. Because again they're supposed to be there to hold a football game, not to run a string of fucking Jingo commercials paid for by the taxpayer.

And as far as this mindless fake canard of anybody being on a football field to "represent our nation", absolute fucking BULLSHIT. What they're there to represent is the city of San Francisco and the city of Miami, or whoever the opponents are. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE PLAYING EACH OTHER Dumbass.

Last edited:

It does look like a win.

But the amount of the fine is not specified.

Lets US remember the NFL's first move was to stand by the asshole players, and support their anti-americanism.

Until is hurt their bottom line.

Their actions suggest that they are greedy assholes first and anti-American scum SECOND.

But they are certainly anti-American scum.

IF, they can hold it together and manage to not insult their customers on camera,

that will be good for the sport,

but they still have my unmitigated contempt.

FUCK THEM ALL.

It does look like a win.

Lets US remember the NFL's first move was to stand by the asshole players, and support their anti-americanism.

Actually let us remember that the NFL's first move was to take taxpayer-funded bribes pimped by the Pentagon to run these fake patriotism displays. And its second move was to be shamed into sending it back to the government once that scandal was exposed. THERE is your 'anti-American' wet dream. Been siting there for years.

But no --- let's notice the black guy, right?

Fucking hypocrites....

It does look like a win.

Actually let us remember that the NFL's first move was to take taxpayer-funded bribes pimped by the Pentagon to run these fake patriotism displays. And its second move was to be shamed into sending it back to the government once that scandal was exposed. THERE is your 'anti-American' wet dream. Been siting there for years.

Fucking hypocrites....

Your problem with how the National Anthem was introduced to the game,

does not change the fact that the kneelers, were/are actively expressing disrespect and disloyalty to the nation and their fellow citizens,

nor that the League's first impulse was to support them in their anti-Americanism.

Your race baiting is noted and dismissed as mindless assholery.

It does look like a win.

Fucking hypocrites....

-- is not a "problem" -- it's a question. It can't be a "problem" until the question is answered.

And if you want to discuss why there is political posturing at a sports event --- and that's a perfectly valid question --- then how that posturing got there and what its purpose is, *IS* your first question. You don't just selectively start noticing because somebody's not going along with the jingo-marionette act while ignoring that the jingo stage was already set BEFORE that.

That's what I mean by 'hypocrisy'. Technically you can ignore that question and go right on to the black guy as if he popped up in some kind of imaginary vacuum that you wish existed, but that would be dishonest. And we're right back to Hypocrisy.

does not change the fact that the kneelers, were/are actively expressing disrespect and disloyalty to the nation and their fellow citizens,

Once AGAIN you fascisti don't get to dictate what other people's intentions are FOR them. This planet simply does not work that way. Never has, never will.

But hey I tell you want, as long as you want to dick-tate what people ae "expressing", why don't you tell the class what this woman is "expressing" not only during the national anthem but while she herself is the one signing it:

26730538.jpg

Last edited:
The NFL will make each player that kneels have to go to church and the pastor won't like it because they'll be prohibited from kneeling for 'god's' prayer.

Then the NFL will have to choose between angering a bunch of redneck jersey burners or the guy that causes 40 day floods that cover the Earth. By the way 'god' is a Cleveland Browns fan. He always goes for the underdog.

It does look like a win.

Fucking hypocrites....

-- is not a "problem" -- it's a question. It can't be a "problem" until the question is answered.

And if you want to discuss why there is political posturing at a sports event --- and that's a perfectly valid question --- then how that posturing got there and what its purpose is, *IS* your first question.

I agree it is a valid question. But it is a separate question. I don't see how your what ever you want to call it, excuses the actions of the kneelers and the League that came later.

You don't just selectively start noticing because somebody's not going along with the jingo-marionette act while ignoring that the jingo stage was already set BEFORE that.

That's what I mean by 'hypocrisy'. Technically you can ignore that question and go right on to the black guy as if he popped up in some kind of imaginary vacuum that you wish existed, but that would be dishonest. And we're right back to Hypocrisy.

You are not making your case. YOu are not explaining why, the kneelers and the League should not be judged on their actions.

Their actions are not excused by your complaints about the National Anthem, nor the National Anthem being sung at the games.

Once AGAIN you fascisti don't get to dictate what other people's intentions are FOR them. This planet simply does not work that way. Never has, never will.[/QUOTE]

We are complaining about their visible actions, and besides, Kaepernick has clarified that his actions were to show disrespect for a nation he considers "insert bullshit whines".

But hey I tell you want, as long as you want to dick-tate what people ae "expressing", why don't you tell the class what this woman is "expressing" not only during the national anthem but while she herself is the one signing it:

26730538.jpg

First she was showing disrespect to the Anthem by singing it insanely badly, possibly as a form of humor,

and then she was showing disrespect to the people who were rightly booing her.

She was widely criticized following this.

What is your point?

It's disrespecting the country and the men and women who have died to defend their right to play football.

Yes, it is definitely disrespecting the military.

Why the fuck do you think you have a right to wake up in the morning without a gun pointed at your head. You think that shit came from unicorns and candycanes? It's the fucking military you dipshit. That's the ONLY reason you are free.

I didn't spend 20 years and serve in 4 different war zones so that people "had the right to play football". I spent that time in support and defense of the Constitution of the US, which also includes the right to free speech and peaceful protest. If the NFL players want to kneel? THAT is what I spent 20 years in the military for.

Hey Airplane Mechanic, how many years did YOU serve? If you didn't serve, shut the fuck up about why our soldiers and sailors serve. If you have never served, you don't know.

A privately ran business last time I looked, still has some rights, and as far as I know they have a right to enforce rules of conduct.
Now if it was the government forcing you to stand, then I would be right there with you.

Is it specified in their contracts that they must stand during the playing of the national anthem? If not, then they have the right to kneel if they want. But, it looks like the NFL is gonna cave in to the right wing idiots who want to suppress free speech because now they are changing the rules.

The NFL will make each player that kneels have to go to church and the pastor won't like it because they'll be prohibited from kneeling for 'god's' prayer.

Then the NFL will have to choose between angering a bunch of redneck jersey burners or the guy that causes 40 day floods that cover the Earth. By the way 'god' is a Cleveland Browns fan. He always goes for the underdog.

Wow. That is insanely stupid.

In no other country can a person work 16 days a year for 3 and a half hours each of those days and get paid 100 million dollars.

And yes, they are ALLOWED to play in the NFL. Many people bust their ass much more than any NFL player to get hired on at a great company for a great job, and it's still at-will employment. The company can fire them at any time for any reason or no reason at all. Same with the NFL. They do have contracts, but there are many reasons they can be let go. They are voluntarily accepted to play in the NFL. They have no RIGHT to be in it. So yes, it is at-will employment.

Just ask Michael Vick.

They don’t work 16 days of the year.

If you believe that, you have no idea what happens in the NFL.

It's disrespecting the country and the men and women who have died to defend their right to play football.

Why the fuck do you think you have a right to wake up in the morning without a gun pointed at your head. You think that shit came from unicorns and candycanes? It's the fucking military you dipshit. That's the ONLY reason you are free.

I didn't spend 20 years and serve in 4 different war zones so that people "had the right to play football". I spent that time in support and defense of the Constitution of the US, which also includes the right to free speech and peaceful protest. If the NFL players want to kneel? THAT is what I spent 20 years in the military for.

Hey Airplane Mechanic, how many years did YOU serve? If you didn't serve, shut the fuck up about why our soldiers and sailors serve. If you have never served, you don't know.

A privately ran business last time I looked, still has some rights, and as far as I know they have a right to enforce rules of conduct.
Now if it was the government forcing you to stand, then I would be right there with you.

Is it specified in their contracts that they must stand during the playing of the national anthem? If not, then they have the right to kneel if they want. But, it looks like the NFL is gonna cave in to the right wing idiots who want to suppress free speech because now they are changing the rules.

Jeez, fans didn't like being insulted to their faces, by people they were paying.

So they started staying home.

And they are the bad guys?

The kneelers are anti-American assholes. The league are anti-Americans assholes.

FUCK THEM ALL.

In no other country can a person work 16 days a year for 3 and a half hours each of those days and get paid 100 million dollars.

And yes, they are ALLOWED to play in the NFL. Many people bust their ass much more than any NFL player to get hired on at a great company for a great job, and it's still at-will employment. The company can fire them at any time for any reason or no reason at all. Same with the NFL. They do have contracts, but there are many reasons they can be let go. They are voluntarily accepted to play in the NFL. They have no RIGHT to be in it. So yes, it is at-will employment.

Just ask Michael Vick.

They don’t work 16 days of the year.

If you believe that, you have no idea what happens in the NFL.

They insult the nation by their kneeling. THey deserve to be outcast from our society.

Remarkably similar to the terroristic antics of the Ku Klux Klan, who would pull people out of their own house and whip them for "not going to church" and who also wrapped themselves in the flag and crowed about "100% Americanism".

But of course they too were fucking fascists. And "very fine people" I'm told.

Jeez, fans didn't like being insulted to their faces, by people they were paying.

And they are the bad guys?

The kneelers are anti-American assholes. The league are anti-Americans assholes.

FUCK THEM ALL.

You know what I find interesting? The people who have never served a day of military duty are telling everyone else how these players are disrespecting the military. Guess what? They aren't. Military people are taught about the Constitution and what it entails as well as benefits of the military and how one is to conduct themselves. It's called Navy Rights and Responsibilities, and we go through training once every year for a couple of days. Because of that, we understand about the right of free speech and what that entails. We all swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies both foreign and domestic. That means in addition to defending it against foreign enemies, I also have to defend it talking to idiots who don't understand free speech.

No. I served 20 years in the U.S. Navy, and was in 4 war zones during my career. I'm kinda glad that they felt free enough to express themselves, even if I don't agree with it. It's free speech in the form of a peaceful protest, which is a RIGHT guaranteed by the Constitution. You conservatives are staunchly defending the 2nd, well..................I'm defending the whole thing, which includes the 1st Amendment.

Remarkably similar to the terroristic antics of the Ku Klux Klan, who would pull people out of their own house and whip them for "not going to church" and who also wrapped themselves in the flag and crowed about "100% American

Being offended, by being insulted, and thus not paying money to those that insult you,

is not the same as dragging people out of their homes and whipping them.

NOT PAYING MONEY TO SOMEONE IS NOT THE SAME AS COMMITTING PHYSICAL VIOLENCE.

And it is bat shit crazy of you to claim it is.

Remarkably similar to the terroristic antics of the Ku Klux Klan, who would pull people out of their own house and whip them for "not going to church" and who also wrapped themselves in the flag and crowed about "100% Americanism".

The old quote, despots always clothe themselves in the flag.

We certainly don't know that's true, and once AGAIN it's not your place to speak for other people.

BUT just to entertain it momentarily for the sake of argument --- if the fans didn't like being insulted to their faces, and started 'staying home' --- then they should have thought of that when they were ALL ordered to act as marionettes for a frickin' national anthem --- an exercise having absolutely NOTHING to do with what they all came there for, THE GAME --- even before the players were trotted out from the locker room to act as uniformed marionettes. Should they not?

In any case we've seen no evidence that attendance is down. We have seen specious claims made that it's impacted TV ratings but that already fails on two fronts -- one, TV ratings for all sports, and non-sports, have been in steady decline for years due to the availability of internet streaming, smartphones, Netflix, etc --- and two, the fucking national anthem isn't part of the TV broadcast anyway. That broadcast starts with the kickoff, which is the beginning of the GAME, which is --- once AGAIN --- WHAT THEY'RE ALL THERE FOR.

Which means (hypocrisy alert again) that NOBODY sees players either standing OR kneeling unless they're physically in the stadium. Which means y'all obedient obsequious robots are only whining only BECAUSE YOU'RE TOLD TO whine, and you follow orders without question, which is exactly why you're in the position you're in right now.

But go ahead, prove me wrong --- show me anybody anywhere who goes to a fucking football game for the purpose of watching a Jingo commercial.

FUCK Jingo commercials. That <<< is the starting point.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back