NFL weighs penalty for Anti American Kneelers

To me, if the standing can't be done, the respect and appreciation had better be shown in some way, especially for those who had to die in order for you to have the right to thumb your nose at whatever it is that you want.

God bless you and our troops who are still here always!!!

Holly

Having it both ways: Priceless.
Rosanne apologized because of all the heat she had to take for what she did, [bush even took her on in the press and scheduled his tv appearences so they would interrupt her show] and hers was really just a routine intended to be funny, not a political statement for some white lefties to rally around and bash America...but I believe you didn't know any better when you posted that bit of dishonest revisionism.

Yeah? And what "dishonest revisionism" would that be? I mean seeing as how there's nothing quoted above "Having it both ways -- Priceless" ? Why is there nothing there? Inconvenient?

The fact is here's a singer spitting and grabbing her own crotch not only DURING the national anthem but while herself SINGING it. Did that not happen? In San Diego, so much a "militay town" that its baseball team uses military-style camo uniforms?

What part of that is "revised" then? What part is "dishonest"?

Pop quiz Tonto --- which of these gestures is "showing respect"?

preparing-to-big-game-side-view-of-american-football-player-hol_bwc24554527.jpg
26730538.jpg

Well? We're waiting.

Last edited:
Yeah? And what "dishonest revisionism" would that be? I mean seeing as how there's nothing quoted above "Having it both ways -- Priceless" ? Why is there nothing there? Inconvenient?

The fact is here's a singer spitting and grabbing her own crotch not only DURING the national anthem but while herself SINGING it. Did that not happen? In San Diego, so much a "militay town" that its baseball team uses military-style camo uniforms?

Well? We're waiting.
What happened to you lefties this morning? somebody put the bad acid in the electric kool-aid?...I explained what was dishonest which is also what made it revisionist...come down first, then go back and read my post until you understand it/them.

26730538.jpg

Well? We're waiting.
What happened to you lefties this morning? somebody put the bad acid in the electric kool-aid?...I explained what was dishonest which is also what made it revisionist...come down first, then go back and read my post until you understand it/them.

So ---------- no answer. What a surprise..

Having it both ways: Priceless.
Rosanne apologized because of all the heat she had to take for what she did, [bush even took her on in the press and scheduled his tv appearences so they would interrupt her show] and hers was really just a routine intended to be funny, not a political statement for some white lefties to rally around and bash America...but I believe you didn't know any better when you posted that bit of dishonest revisionism.

26730538.jpg

Well? We're waiting.
Neither. Any other brain busters?

the one with the football player seems to be very respectful, but of course leaving the context out it cannot be determined one way or the other so the one not rosanne, why? rosanne was taken to task for a comedy routine for which she apologized because the country found it disrespectful...trying to pretend it was something else is the dishonest revisionism.

In no other country can a person work 16 days a year for 3 and a half hours each of those days and get paid 100 million dollars.

And yes, they are ALLOWED to play in the NFL. Many people bust their ass much more than any NFL player to get hired on at a great company for a great job, and it's still at-will employment. The company can fire them at any time for any reason or no reason at all. Same with the NFL. They do have contracts, but there are many reasons they can be let go. They are voluntarily accepted to play in the NFL. They have no RIGHT to be in it. So yes, it is at-will employment.

Just ask Michael Vick.
They aren't working 16 days for 3 and a half hours each of those days. They practice. BTW, how many health company execs get multimillion dollar salaries by screwing Americans?

Speaking of at will employment, we need to get rid of it. I can't fire a goddamn phony Christian or I will be sued because I violate his religious rights, even if he or she is stealing MY time by reading the Bible at work. And then the phony Christian pharmacist who refuses to dispense the morning after pill will sue the employer to keep his or her job.

Face it--the NFL kneeling controversy is all about racism. Many of those who despise the black players taking a knee were the same goddamn ones who praised Tebow, the Jesus motormouthing NFL player.

A fringe sentiment s0n....might as well be standing naked on a stool in the middle of Siberia screaming "fire!".

The felons will stand!:113:

NFL weighs 15-yard penalties for kneeling during national anthem: report

They shouldn't be allowed to stay in the locker room for the anthem. They are ALLOWED to live in this country that ALLOWS them to play a game and make MILLIONS the VERY LEAST they can do is stand for the damn National Anthem!

While not a violation of game rules, the disrespecting of the flag does violate the handbook the NFL hands out to teams on TEAM CONDUCT. When on that field, you represent the NFL and are there to play football. This is a NATIONAL sport and the Flag is the ultimate symbol of our NATION. If you don't respect our nation, then get off the field and don't play and don't take our money. Maybe go to Canada. Keep your personal political peeves for off the field on your own time where you can represent them all you want as YOUR views without reflecting on your employer. People pay big money in order to be entertained, not insulted. I'll be very disappointed if the NFL now backs down on this.

It's disrespecting the country and the men and women who have died to defend their right to play football.

Yes, it is definitely disrespecting the military.

Why the fuck do you think you have a right to wake up in the morning without a gun pointed at your head. You think that shit came from unicorns and candycanes? It's the fucking military you dipshit. That's the ONLY reason you are free.

I didn't spend 20 years and serve in 4 different war zones so that people "had the right to play football". I spent that time in support and defense of the Constitution of the US, which also includes the right to free speech and peaceful protest. If the NFL players want to kneel? THAT is what I spent 20 years in the military for.

Hey Airplane Mechanic, how many years did YOU serve? If you didn't serve, shut the fuck up about why our soldiers and sailors serve. If you have never served, you don't know.

Sorry, but the penalty is bullshit.

I don't agree with the kneeling, but I do believe they have the right to take a knee. I realize that's not a popular opinion with some folks... I'd much prefer they state their grievances on their own time, but ultimately their time on the field is when they get the most attention...

If you don't like it, don't watch. Don't go to the stadium. There's always the NHL, MLB, NASCAR (shudder), MLS (double shudder)...
If I so choose to exercise my right to free speech on company time, my boss/company has the right to suspend or fire me, especially if what I say hurts the business.

Agreed. But answer me this: When is a professional athlete ever on their own time? Seriously. Even in the off season their antics frequently get them reprimanded, punished, or otherwise chastised. Game suspensions for violating league policies. They are always considered, by both the league and the team, representatives of both and seemingly always "on the job".

You and I, we go home after eight or ten hours and, provided we're not yelling our employers name or wearing a polo with their logo, our misbehavior is highly unlikely to have an affect on our job...

And again, Moma, I don't agree with their kneeling, I just think it's their right and I'm not particularly bothered by it. I do think it's a damn shame they don't focus more on the domestic violence issues of which many players have been accused. Seems that is more important than whether or not some joker is standing for the national anthem, but hey, as long as the team is winning...

It's disrespecting the country and the men and women who have died to defend their right to play football.

Yes, it is definitely disrespecting the military.

Why the fuck do you think you have a right to wake up in the morning without a gun pointed at your head. You think that shit came from unicorns and candycanes? It's the fucking military you dipshit. That's the ONLY reason you are free.

I didn't spend 20 years and serve in 4 different war zones so that people "had the right to play football". I spent that time in support and defense of the Constitution of the US, which also includes the right to free speech and peaceful protest. If the NFL players want to kneel? THAT is what I spent 20 years in the military for.

Hey Airplane Mechanic, how many years did YOU serve? If you didn't serve, shut the fuck up about why our soldiers and sailors serve. If you have never served, you don't know.

A privately ran business last time I looked, still has some rights, and as far as I know they have a right to enforce rules of conduct.
Now if it was the government forcing you to stand, then I would be right there with you.

Forum List

Back