NHS to give sex change drugs to nine-year-olds

Gender binary? You mean like some people are born MALE and some FEMALE. Like its been through all recorded history? 9 year old child cannot make this call.

Gender binary? You mean like some people are born MALE and some FEMALE. Like its been through all recorded history? 9 year old child cannot make this call.

Recorded history predates the scientific method and discovery that there are indeed more than two sexes.
46, XX Intersex. The person has the chromosomes of a woman, the ovaries of a woman, but external (outside) genitals that appear male.

46, XY Intersex. The person has the chromosomes of a man, but the external genitals are incompletely formed, ambiguous, or clearly female. Internally, testes may be normal, malformed, or absent.

True Gonadal Intersex. Here the person must have both ovarian and testicular tissue. This may be in the same gonad (an ovotestis), or the person might have one ovary and one testis. The person may have XX chromosomes, XY chromosomes, or both.

Complex or Undetermined Intersex Disorders of Sexual Development. Many chromosome configurations other than simple 46, XX or 46, XY can result in disorders of sex development. These include 45, XO (only one X chromosome), and 47, XXY, 47, XXX -- both cases have an extra sex chromosome, either an X or a Y.

How about this: pick a spot and get there. Either you eat tube steak or snatch and there is NO in between.

At the end of the day, how does an individual presenting the identity they feel most comfortable with effect your life? It doesn't, at all. Just be thankful you identify with your birth gender and do not have to go through all the discrimination and violence that the Trans community deals with on a daily basis.

That's because hormone therapy for transitioning is far more effective if started before puberty. This is simply an example of an organization having a policy based in science instead conforming to the sensibilities of the ignorant.

Prior to puberty ought to be a criminal freaking act. How the frick can anyone make a mature decision before maturation?

That's because hormone therapy for transitioning is far more effective if started before puberty. This is simply an example of an organization having a policy based in science instead conforming to the sensibilities of the ignorant.

Prior to puberty ought to be a criminal freaking act. How the frick can anyone make a mature decision before maturation?

The Endocrine Society's clinical guidelines are for hormone blockers to be administered at Tanner stage 2 of puberty which is about age 9-10. Here is the quote that I am posting for a second time.

Conclusions: Transsexual persons seeking to develop the physical characteristics of the desired gender require a safe, effective hormone regimen that will 1) suppress endogenous hormone secretion determined by the person’s genetic/biologic sex and 2) maintain sex hormone levels within the normal range for the person’s desired gender. A mental health professional (MHP) must recommend endocrine treatment and participate in ongoing care throughout the endocrine transition and decision for surgical sex reassignment. The endocrinologist must confirm the diagnostic criteria the MHP used to make these recommendations. Because a diagnosis of transsexualism in a prepubertal child cannot be made with certainty, we do not recommend endocrine treatment of prepubertal children. We recommend treating transsexual adolescents (Tanner stage 2) by suppressing puberty with GnRH analogues until age 16 years old, after which cross-sex hormones may be given. We suggest suppressing endogenous sex hormones, maintaining physiologic levels of gender-appropriate sex hormones and monitoring for known risks in adult transsexual persons.
Endocrine treatment of transsexual persons should include suppression of endogenous sex hormones, physiologic levels of gender-appropriate sex hormones, and suppression of puberty in adolescents (Tanner stage 2).
An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

If it were based on science I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I'm glad to hear that, here you go:
Endocrine Treatment of Transsexual Persons:An Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline said:
Conclusions: Transsexual persons seeking to develop the physical characteristics of the desired gender require a safe, effective hormone regimen that will 1) suppress endogenous hormone secretion determined by the person’s genetic/biologic sex and 2) maintain sex hormone levels within the normal range for the person’s desired gender. A mental health professional (MHP) must recommend endocrine treatment and participate in ongoing care throughout the endocrine transition and decision for surgical sex reassignment. The endocrinologist must confirm the diagnostic criteria the MHP used to make these recommendations. Because a diagnosis of transsexualism in a prepubertal child cannot be made with certainty, we do not recommend endocrine treatment of prepubertal children. We recommend treating transsexual adolescents (Tanner stage 2) by suppressing puberty with GnRH analogues until age 16 years old, after which cross-sex hormones may be given. We suggest suppressing endogenous sex hormones, maintaining physiologic levels of gender-appropriate sex hormones and monitoring for known risks in adult transsexual persons.
Endocrine treatment of transsexual persons should include suppression of endogenous sex hormones, physiologic levels of gender-appropriate sex hormones, and suppression of puberty in adolescents (Tanner stage 2).

First, there is no link, so that is a useless quote.

Second, even if there was a link, how is that science? Do you know what science is?

NHS to give sex change drugs to nine-year-olds: Clinic accused of 'playing God' with treatment that stops puberty | Mail Online

Children as young as nine will be given controversial drugs on the NHS to prepare them for sex-swap surgery, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

The treatment, which halts the onset of adulthood, is aimed at youngsters who believe they are trapped in the wrong body. But critics accused the clinic offering the puberty- postponing injections of ‘playing God’.

‘I think many people will be horrified at the thought of a nine-year-old being provided with a drug that effectively stops them developing and maturing naturally,’ said Conservative MP Andrew Percy.

Others insisted that undisputed research shows that the vast majority of under-16s who
are troubled about their gender do not go on to take the drastic step of surgery. Many turn out to be gay, but no longer feel confused about whether they are male or female.

Read more: NHS to give sex change drugs to nine-year-olds: Clinic accused of 'playing God' with treatment that stops puberty | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, great stuff. More of those demented scientists altering nature. Oh right, cause a person born as a man is not always "natural."

Actually, 9 is the youngest, but MP Percy will ask for an investigation. I agree 9 is too young, lest there be a physical disorder, even with parental consent. Perhaps with a Court order but not just parents saying "my daughter wants to be....."

Second, even if there was a link, how is that science? Do you know what science is?

This website would not allow me to post the link without a required post count but the organization that the quote was made by was listed. Is everything you read in a textbook useless because hyperlinks are impossible in print form? Here is the link you asked for. An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
Peer reviewed journals are the most credible sources available, do you know what science is?

Actually, 9 is the youngest, but MP Percy will ask for an investigation. I agree 9 is too young, lest there be a physical disorder, even with parental consent. Perhaps with a Court order but not just parents saying "my daughter wants to be....."

Let's have politicians make medical decisions for the population. We all know how qualified they are in that field...

This website would not allow me to post the link without a required post count but the organization that the quote was made by was listed. Is everything you read in a textbook useless because hyperlinks are impossible in print form? Here is the link you asked for. An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
Peer reviewed journals are the most credible sources available, do you know what science is?

Funny thing about your link, it doesn't actually say what you think it says. It is about the effectiveness of endocrine therapy in the treatment of Gender Identity Disorder. It contains absolutely no science proving that this disorder is a real issue. In other words, it doesn't actually address the point I am raising, for which absolutely no scientific evidence exists.

Funny thing about your link, it doesn't actually say what you think it says. It is about the effectiveness of endocrine therapy in the treatment of Gender Identity Disorder. It contains absolutely no science proving that this disorder is a real issue. In other words, it doesn't actually address the point I am raising, for which absolutely no scientific evidence exists.

Do you not understand the concept of the peer-review process? Do you really think that an academic journal would get away talking about a condition that is a farce? Just to indulge you, here is what you are asking for. BSTc region of brain

How many Elliot Rodger types is this stupid idea liable to cause if we embrace it? Ask yourselves that, filthy perverted leftists. We can always aim for an even more fucked up society on our march towards irrational equality, right liberals? Bring it all down meeeeyaaaan!

Do you not understand the concept of the peer-review process? Do you really think that an academic journal would get away talking about a condition that is a farce? Just to indulge you, here is what you are asking for. BSTc region of brain

In a word, yes.

In a word, yes.

Well your username suits you. While I have provided sources to my arguments all you have presented are empty statements backed by nothing. Which reminds me, the burden of proof rests on those making a claim and I shouldn't be engaging in your fact-less claims.

In a word, yes.

Well your username suits you. While I have provided sources to my arguments all you have presented are empty statements backed by nothing. Which reminds me, the burden of proof rests on those making a claim and I shouldn't be engaging in your fact-less claims.

I made no fact less claims at all. Unlike you, I understand how the peer review process works, and how it can be scammed.

21st Century Gives Birth to "Open Access Journals"

Bogdanov affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The peer review process is not perfect, and publication is merely the first step of the process. What happened after the paper was published? Was it debunked by the review process, or found to be valid?

We should not be promoting mental illness PERIOD, as tax payers, as humans for pete's sake. If you think you were born in the wrong body, your dumb ass is WRONG, homeboy!

Homosexuality is one thing, but defying reality to the point of pretending someone can change their sex? No...that is evil no matter how you mask it.

You liberals are so sick it's almost sad..

We should not be promoting mental illness PERIOD, as tax payers, as humans for pete's sake. If you think you were born in the wrong body, your dumb ass is WRONG, homeboy!

Homosexuality is one thing, but defying reality to the point of pretending someone can change their sex? No...that is evil no matter how you mask it.

You liberals are so sick it's almost sad..

If someone thinks they are in the wrong body, that is their business. They can get the life altering surgery if they want. They should not be getting life altering drugs at 9 years old. Wait until they are 18 and let them do as they wish.

Forum List

Back