Nike made a business decision not a political statement

It's puzzling because NIKE usually uses champions or at least the successful. With Colin Cancer they have an unemployed failure.
Nike is chasing the future, those 35 and under world wide. They are a diverse and open minded demographic. They love America in a way you will never understand.
They do not want you.
Nike just stepped in a big pile of political doodoo that is not going to come off of their shoes too easily.

I will be spending my money on other sporting apparel companies. Nike might not notice that I am no longer buying their products for myself and my kids, but I am not going to patronize a company that shits on our police and supports a guy who claims he was blackballed, yet turned down $7 million to play for the Broncos.

Fuck Cap.
Nike understands there will be many like you but many more will act the opposite of you. That demographic is younger and richer and will be around a lot longer than you.

Nike made a business decision not a political statement in running their recent add with Colin Kaepernick.
They are chasing the dollars.
They realize the vast majority of people who will stop buying their products because of the add is outweighed by the increases they will receive by those who do not feel strongly about or support Kaepernick.

This is a statement about who will be the strongest demographic with the most disposable income in the future pro-Trumpers or anti-Trumpers

It's complete stupidity and will have the same failing results as others who took similar positions.

When you are dealing with the public, you have people on all different ends. For instance, the kneelers. About a third of their paying audience doesn't care one way or another. They are just there to see a football game. Another third agree with them as you pointed out. The other third are insulted by their actions, and some will refuse to ever come back.

If they never took a political position in the first place, everybody is happy. But by taking a political position, they pissed off about a third of their audience.

It works the same way in music and all entertainment. When your living depends on people coming to see you, the stupidest thing you can do is piss any of them off. It makes zero business sense.

Jordan wasn’t a moron.

He famously said, “Republicans buy sneakers, too.”

Jordan is a billionaire.

Yes, but that really wasn't a political position. It was more an inclusive statement if anything and was quite brilliant.
The new demographic focus on LeBron and his NBA chorts more than Jordan.

Ok. We will see.

The results of this will be obvious in the 4th quarter results. October to December Sales.

It will be empirical and conclusive. We will know around February 1st.

This will likely not affect the 3rd quarter very much.

Let’s compare results to Q4 forecasts.

I will go on record as saying this will negatively affect their revenues.

It's puzzling because NIKE usually uses champions or at least the successful. With Colin Cancer they have an unemployed failure.
Nike is chasing the future, those 35 and under world wide. They are a diverse and open minded demographic. They love America in a way you will never understand.
They do not want you.
Nike just stepped in a big pile of political doodoo that is not going to come off of their shoes too easily.
Based on the sophistication of Nike analytics, I do not think so.

They do not want you.
So you're loading up on NIKE stock Elmer?

They do not want you.

If you have inside knowledge of Nike’s analytics, you probably shouldn’t be sharing them.

If you don’t, you don’t know any more than anyone else.

They do not want you.
So you're loading up on NIKE stock Elmer?

I’d say shorting Nike would be a good short term position.

Nike made a business decision not a political statement in running their recent add with Colin Kaepernick.
They realize the vast majority of people who will stop buying their products because of the add is outweighed by the increases they will receive by those who do not feel strongly about or support Kaepernick.

This is a statement about who will be the strongest demographic with the most disposable income in the future pro-Trumpers or anti-Trumpers

It's complete stupidity and will have the same failing results as others who took similar positions.

When you are dealing with the public, you have people on all different ends. For instance, the kneelers. About a third of their paying audience doesn't care one way or another. They are just there to see a football game. Another third agree with them as you pointed out. The other third are insulted by their actions, and some will refuse to ever come back.

If they never took a political position in the first place, everybody is happy. But by taking a political position, they pissed off about a third of their audience.

It works the same way in music and all entertainment. When your living depends on people coming to see you, the stupidest thing you can do is piss any of them off. It makes zero business sense.

Jordan wasn’t a moron.

Jordan is a billionaire.

Yes, but that really wasn't a political position. It was more an inclusive statement if anything and was quite brilliant.

Ok. We will see.

The results of this will be obvious in the 4th quarter results. October to December Sales.

Short term will give some indication of the results but Nike is betting on the long run. They have received an estimated 43 million dollars of free advertising in news coverage in the past 24 hours.

Jordan wasn’t a moron.

Jordan is a billionaire.

Ok. We will see.

Short term will give some indication of the results but Nike is betting on the long run. They have received an estimated 43 million dollars of free advertising in news coverage in the past 24 hours.

Harvey Weinstein has gotten a lot of free advertising lately. How’s his company doing?

Jordan wasn’t a moron.

Jordan is a billionaire.

Ok. We will see.

But with those whizz bang NIKE analytics and the new generation that is all open minded and shit, the stock is can't miss, amiright?

They do not want you.

If you have inside knowledge of Nike’s analytics, you probably shouldn’t be sharing them.

I have knowledge of the sophisticated analytics of every major brand. Nike is one of the most recognized brands. They would not be where they are for such a long period without highly sophisticated analytics.

Jordan wasn’t a moron.

Jordan is a billionaire.

Ok. We will see.

But with those whizz bang NIKE analytics and the new generation that is all open minded and shit, the stock is can't miss, amiright?

According to what Elmer has said, he should liquidate all other positions and go long on Nike.

I will be spending my money on other sporting apparel companies. Nike might not notice that I am no longer buying their products for myself and my kids, but I am not going to patronize a company that shits on our police and supports a guy who claims he was blackballed, yet turned down $7 million to play for the Broncos.

Fuck Cap.
Nike understands there will be many like you but many more will act the opposite of you. That demographic is younger and richer and will be around a lot longer than you.

Assuming that younger people all feel the same way?

I'd bet your prediction is wrong. Look at Chick-Fil-A, look at Target, look at the NFL.

People will quit buying a product because in most cases, it's not that much of an inconvenience. But few will buy a product because the companies political view equals theirs. If they always purchased the product, they will continue doing so.

People on the left get motivated by protesting, burning down cities, fighting with the cops and getting thrown in jail. We on the right take our anger out in more legal ways. We vent our anger through boycott and voting. We are the silent killers.

Jordan wasn’t a moron.

Jordan is a billionaire.

Ok. We will see.

Which will last what, two weeks?

Jordan wasn’t a moron.

Jordan is a billionaire.

Ok. We will see.

We will see. This is a strategy they are playing for the long term, not the short term. It is just one of many strategies Nike is playing.

They do not want you.

I have knowledge of the sophisticated analytics of every major brand. Nike is one of the most recognized brands. They would not be where they are for such a long period without highly sophisticated analytics.

What specific analytics are you taking about?

Your corporate business acumen seems suspect to me.

You are claiming that Nike decided it was in their best long term position to alienate the Police nation wide as well as those who don’t like Kaepernick kneeling for the anthem?

The NFL viewership is down 10% since the anthem kneeling started.

How, specifically, will this ad campaign lead to increased revenues?

You are claiming the increased sales will make up for an surpass the lost sales to those like me who will no longer buy Nike.

Again, I guess we will see.

I got news for you, corporations live in the next quarter. Better sales in 2020 mean dick to current stakeholders.

Jordan wasn’t a moron.

Jordan is a billionaire.

LeBron lost a lot of followers here in Cleveland. In fact when he left, many said good riddance. It's not his playing that was criticized, it was his political views.

I don't know if it was a business or political decision and as I didn't buy Nike stuff before this because I think their stuff is overpriced I really don't care personally I think it's dumb decision but whatever it doesn't impact me in any way, shape or form.

They do not want you.

Really ok I'm intrigued. I'm not pulling your leg here, what do you think of Sketchers? Assuming you somehow know shoe company analytics how does SKX compare with NKE

Ok. We will see.

We will see. This is a strategy they are playing for the long term, not the short term. It is just one of many strategies Nike is playing.
So are you telling me that if this Kaperdink experiment blows up in their face and the stock tanks 30% in the next 6 months, they are going to "stay the course" and keep pushing Cop hater/loser shoes for the long term?

Forum List

Back