No Beating Trump After This

Its really bad...I get calls all day long...its at the point where no one answers their phone anymore for fear its a robocall or a scam call.....

I thought it was just me. I get unidentified calls, 4-5 a day. They fill my mailbox up then legitimate calls cannot get through. I keep my ringer turned off and don't even answer it anymore. Everything goes to mailbox IF they haven't filled the box with empty messages or too many calls.

There are multiple free market products that will screen calls for you, we really do not need the government to swoop in and save the day yet again
Which products are those?

I use Robokiller. It's a free app but a pay service. It doesn't stop all of them, but I would estimate about a good 80% of them. I think it's under four bucks a month or something in that range.

Its really bad...I get calls all day long...its at the point where no one answers their phone anymore for fear its a robocall or a scam call.....

I thought it was just me. I get unidentified calls, 4-5 a day. They fill my mailbox up then legitimate calls cannot get through. I keep my ringer turned off and don't even answer it anymore. Everything goes to mailbox IF they haven't filled the box with empty messages or too many calls.

There are multiple free market products that will screen calls for you, we really do not need the government to swoop in and save the day yet again

Sure we do. I welcome it.

I get both the spam calls and spam emails

Spam emails are easier to stop than phone calls. Most of them come from overseas even though it's American companies that hire them. This way they can get around the Do Not Call list and avoid the penalties.

I hated back in the 1990's...we had telemarketers calling all hours or the day, and even at night - around dinner.
I think there was a law passed that Telemarketers couldn't call after a certain time - dinner time.
They always seem to get around the law...

U.S. Poised to Let Phone Companies Block Robocalls.

Trump will even have Code Pink cheerleading for him.
LOL

I will believe that when I see it
They will block Robocalls as soon as Mexico pays for the wall

Say what you will, but when GW instituted the Do Not Call list, my phone completely stopped ringing after I signed up. As I stated, now companies are getting slick and hiring foreigners to make the calls. But it was very peaceful for a few years there.

Agree. And the problem is people from other countries are totally stupid. You tell them you never bought anything from them before, you never will in the future, and they call you the next day.

I got into an argument with one of them saying the reason he's in a third world country is because his people are totally dumb. In the US, if an employer found you calling people that will never buy anything from you, your ass would be fired.

U.S. Poised to Let Phone Companies Block Robocalls.

Trump will even have Code Pink cheerleading for him.

It's the pragmatic things that can win you an election. Trump gave his blessing to Rubio when he wanted to introduce the elimination of time changes across the country; keep it daylight savings time like it is now. Even if I hated Trump, I would certainly have to consider his reelection on that alone.

I also said Trump could get a lot of voters by pressuring industry to move to a 4 day work week instead of a five. Hell, you drove all the way to work. Why not work two extra hours to get a three day weekend every week?

We turned off the ringer. If it's a friend or important, they can leave a message.

I use Robokiller. It's a free app but a pay service. It doesn't stop all of them, but I would estimate about a good 80% of them. I think it's under four bucks a month or something in that range.
So I can pay an extra four bucks to block the majority of them. I would prefer there not be government intervention here but without it how do we get AT&T for example to allow people to opt out of these calls for no extra cost? It is after all them selling you phone service and also selling your robocall people phone service. And let's face it. They also sold your contact info to those very robocall companies.

You can block numbers with AT & T
But they always call on a different number.

So I can pay an extra four bucks to block the majority of them. I would prefer there not be government intervention here but without it how do we get AT&T for example to allow people to opt out of these calls for no extra cost? It is after all them selling you phone service and also selling your robocall people phone service. And let's face it. They also sold your contact info to those very robocall companies.

You can block numbers with AT & T
But they always call on a different number.

Same thing with iPhones. We have a block feature and you can block as many calls as you like without using any service. But like you said, spoofing allows them to call from different numbers every time.

I have no problem with government helping out with this one. After all, it's government that regulates our phone services. It's also government that allows spoofing. There is no law against it, and if I remember correctly, the company that makes the spoofing software is right here in the USA.

These calls are almost unavoidable because we all deal with customer service at one time or another. Most customer services are outside of the country, and it's those people who sell your number to other foreigners. Then it's like giving to charity. They never leave you alone and your number keeps getting sold to more and more people. It's not the phone company that's responsible.

We turned off the ringer. If it's a friend or important, they can leave a message.

Yeah, but is that any way to deal with this problem? I mean, you should be able to have a phone with nobody bothering you. Every ring should be a call you want to answer.

ATT has an app called "call protect" which does a good job of weeding out a lot of the calls. There are probably a 100 more just like it

Sure we do. I welcome it.

of course you do, the government is always the solution for you.

I am still in awe of Trump taking credit for no commercial airline deaths last year, because he has leaned so hard on the FAA. Apparently, the FAA reacted by telling Boeing that their 737 MAX is not allowed to crash in the USA.

Forum List

Back