No charges for TX man who beat daughter's rapist to death

The man found 47-year-old Jesus Mora Flores and his daughter inside. Neither were wearing any underwear, according to Lavaca County sheriff's deputies. The father, whose name is not being released to protect the girl's identity, beat Flores unconscious. The man tried calling 911, but Flores died from his injuries.
Textbook example of self-defense.

In this case the lawful use of deadly force to protect another victim.

Here's a more extensive article.

Texas father who beat Jesus Flores to death for raping 5-year-old daughter will NOT face murder charges | Mail Online

Indeed, the father is heard profanely screaming at a dispatcher who couldn't locate the property.

Becoming increasingly frazzled, the father at one point tells the dispatcher he's going to put the man in his truck and drive him to a hospital before sheriff's deputies finally arrive.

V'Anne Huser, the father's attorney, sternly told reporters several times during a news conference at the Lavaca County courthouse that neither the father nor the family will ever give interviews.

'He's a peaceable soul,' Huser said. 'He had no intention to kill anybody that day.'

Last edited:
If the guy was beaten right when he was found doing what he was doing to that little girl, I wouldn't charge her dad for how he responded if it were up to me. In my opinion, defending his daughter is what he was doing.

God bless you and him and his little angel always!!!

Holly

P.S. I believe that if killing that man was her dad's true intention, he would have made that intention more blatantly obvious by taking the guy out in a different way.

I don't see - literally. From a medical perspective. I don't see how anybody could find their daughter either raped or about to be raped, and have their mind stay up and running, logic intact. It's a visceral thing. Just thinking about it, I get angry - and my baby girl is 32. If it was my granddaughter, who actually is five? Same thing. No. Just no. No thinking, just reacting.

And he'd be dead.

I don't understand why there was ever any question about this.

Standard operating procedure, I'm thinking. A man is dead, another man is responsible. I's dotted, T's crossed - no case.

Giving it to a grand jury was actually good for the victim’s father: due process was acknowledged, justice was served, and the father and victim can focus on healing.

Standard operating procedure, I'm thinking. A man is dead, another man is responsible. I's dotted, T's crossed - no case.

Giving it to a grand jury was actually good for the victim’s father: due process was acknowledged, justice was served, and the father and victim can focus on healing.

No waiting for the other shoe to fall. Good point.

What bugs me is why anyone, even the police, would think it was a close question. It seems pretty cut and dried, but he is apparently supposed to stop hitting him once the threat is neutralized. How can anyone who is not a Vulcan simply stop in a situation like that?

It would have been better of everyone just said there was no need to even question it, especially considering the fact that the police never found any evidence that conflicted with his story.

Going to the grand jury is not supposed to happen if you think the guy is not guilty. end of discussion.

I am assuming the rapist was a white man.

Because if the rapist was black or hispanic.

Al and Jessie would already be on the scene.......and the case would be all over the media. .. :cool:

Forum List

Back