No Excuses: Keystone XL Pipeline Clears Major Hurdle

In a crushing blow to opponents and environmentalists, the State Department released key findings today that show the Keystone XL pipeline would have no detrimental effects on the environment. It does however stop short of approving the pipeline. The Keystone XL pipeline has a been major source of contention for Republicans and Democrats as far back as 2012.

The long-delayed Keystone XL pipeline got a major boost on Friday as a key State Department review raised no major environmental concerns, muting pipeline foes' main argument and raising pressure on the Obama administration to make a final decision.

Republican supporters said the report should compel President Obama to swiftly green-light the Canada-to-Texas project.

"This report from the Obama administration once again confirms that there is no reason for the White House to continue stalling construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline," Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said in a statement. "So, Mr. President, no more stalling -- no more excuses."

The Canadian government, which wants Keystone approved, also pressed the administration to act, though a final decision could be months off.

"This is the fifth federal study on the environmental impact of the Keystone XL pipeline. Each previous one has stated that building Keystone XL would not adversely affect the environment. Today's report confirms once again this result, including no appreciable impact on greenhouse gases," Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver said in a statement. "The benefits to the U.S. and Canada are clear. We await a timely decision on this project."

Keystone review mutes environmental concerns, raises pressure on Obama | Fox News

TransCanada Pipelines had a massive pipeline explosion on Sunday.......

You've really bought in to that trickle down thingy, haven't you, Tex?

When you grow up you might get some idea how the world really works. Your marxist utopias have never and will never work they just create miserable little people like you. Some day you may learn there are more people involved in making your happy meal than the guy that puts it in the bag and hands it to you.

Now, Tex, calm down. Take a Valium and close your eyes, and visualize offshore tax havens and billionaire's yatchs. You'll soon fall asleep. Call me in the morning. Remember. there is a Bently with your name on it waiting for you someday!

Projecting much? BTW you misspelled yachts and Bentley.

The fucking Canadians are too good to have their shit exported to China across their own land.

The Arkansas leak was kept under raps from the Governor down. It was a massive injustice.

In a crushing blow to opponents and environmentalists, the State Department released key findings today that show the Keystone XL pipeline would have no detrimental effects on the environment. It does however stop short of approving the pipeline. The Keystone XL pipeline has a been major source of contention for Republicans and Democrats as far back as 2012.

The long-delayed Keystone XL pipeline got a major boost on Friday as a key State Department review raised no major environmental concerns, muting pipeline foes' main argument and raising pressure on the Obama administration to make a final decision.

Republican supporters said the report should compel President Obama to swiftly green-light the Canada-to-Texas project.

"This report from the Obama administration once again confirms that there is no reason for the White House to continue stalling construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline," Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said in a statement. "So, Mr. President, no more stalling -- no more excuses."

The Canadian government, which wants Keystone approved, also pressed the administration to act, though a final decision could be months off.

"This is the fifth federal study on the environmental impact of the Keystone XL pipeline. Each previous one has stated that building Keystone XL would not adversely affect the environment. Today's report confirms once again this result, including no appreciable impact on greenhouse gases," Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver said in a statement. "The benefits to the U.S. and Canada are clear. We await a timely decision on this project."

Keystone review mutes environmental concerns, raises pressure on Obama | Fox News

TransCanada Pipelines had a massive pipeline explosion on Sunday.......

And?

Seems like the rest of it works just fine. If it only takes them all of a week to fix, that tells you the failure wasn't on their end. Want to try something else? I'll take the State Department report over your fear.

When you grow up you might get some idea how the world really works. Your marxist utopias have never and will never work they just create miserable little people like you. Some day you may learn there are more people involved in making your happy meal than the guy that puts it in the bag and hands it to you.

Now, Tex, calm down. Take a Valium and close your eyes, and visualize offshore tax havens and billionaire's yatchs. You'll soon fall asleep. Call me in the morning. Remember. there is a Bently with your name on it waiting for you someday!

Projecting much? BTW you misspelled yachts and Bentley.

OMG!!! I have been spotted by the spelling Nazi! All I ask is PLEASE don't throw me in the briar patch!!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7tyhpWiZyM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7tyhpWiZyM[/ame]

Last edited:
It is becoming increasingly clear that Hussein does not give one damn about you or me. The Keystone pipeline could cure the crisis we are currently in, but Hussein Obama in his bid to destroy America, instead choses to lounge around like a shiftless lazy man. He is too busy shuckin' and jivin' from the truth to face the realities that we face as a nation.

He is keeping it as a bargaining chip to get another government program from the Republican House.

I really have strong doubts the Keystone will generate even 100,000 permanent jobs, every ligament resource I have read puts the permanent job totals much lower.
However, consider the State Department's report Keystone XL's effect on the environment I do think Obama should let the project move forward. It still will have a positive effect jobs-wise and the US needs more jobs available. There will be permanent and probably a larger number of temporary jobs derived from the Keystone project.

Last edited:
You're dealing with slime pumping the opposite direction through a network of 60 year old corporate pipes to be refined and sent to some fucking commies. It's a pile of substandard petroleum crap so nasty that the fuck heads from CanadUH won't touch it.

I really have strong doubts the Keystone will generate even 100,000 permanent jobs, every ligament resource I have read puts the permanent job totals much lower.
However, consider the State Department's report Keystone XL's effect on the environment I do think Obama should let the project move forward. It still will have a positive effect jobs-wise and the US needs more jobs available. There will be permanent and probably a larger number of temporary jobs derived from the Keystone project.

Actually, I agree with you. I think it will actually result in cutting some jobs, because shipping by pipe is much more efficent than shipping any other way, and it has worked well for America ever since WW2, when pipe was laid to both coasts from Texas refineries.

I just can't resist messing with Oktex! Nobody but nuts thing that this is going to create 500,000 jobs. I'm sure he knows that, too, but is not about to admit it! :lmao:

You're dealing with slime pumping the opposite direction through a network of 60 year old corporate pipes to be refined and sent to some fucking commies. It's a pile of substandard petroleum crap so nasty that the fuck heads from CanadUH won't touch it.

Oh, for a minute there I thought you were talking about the administration that has been keeping the project stymied. :lol:

It’s been reported that Chinese industrial pollution is drifting and may be blowing in and around the west coast.

The tar sands are going to go somewhere to be refined, that is a fact.

It’s also been reported that we have much more efficient ( clean) facilities to refine it. If it makes its way to china, it will be refined less efficiently ( dirtier) and wind up in the air regardless, will add more net pollution and may in fact blow over us anyway to boot.

In addition theres the transportation issue; if we don't do the pipeline, it will be railed to Canada’s west coast for transshipment to china, and/or railed here, a pipeline is and always has been the cleanest least risky avenue of transportation.

So, if the goal is to prevent pollution, contamination via spillage etc. and add some jobs, it appears to me , refining it here via pipeline delivery is a win win win.

(500k jobs is ridiculous, I think its 20-40K(?)).

It’s been reported that Chinese industrial pollution is drifting and may be blowing in and around the west coast.

It’s also been reported that we have much more efficient ( clean) facilities to refine it. If it makes its way to china, it will be refined less efficiently ( dirtier) and wind up in the air regardless, will add more net pollution and may in fact blow over us anyway to boot.

In addition theres the transportation issue; if we don't do the pipeline, it will be railed to Canada’s west coast for transshipment to china, and/or railed here, a pipeline is and always has been the cleanest least riskier avenue of transportation.

So, if the goal is to prevent pollution, contamination via spillage etc. and add some jobs, it appears to me , refining it here via pipeline delivery is a win win win.

Hmm. I wonder who it is that might stand to make a lot of money should that go by rail.

In addition theres the transportation issue; if we don't do the pipeline, it will be railed to Canada’s west coast for transshipment to china, and/or railed here, a pipeline is and always has been the cleanest least riskier avenue of transportation.

Hmm. I wonder who it is that might stand to make a lot of money should that go by rail.

beats me. but unless they plan on not refining it at all, there is no reason not to do it via a pipeline.

spillvol.jpg

It is becoming increasingly clear that Hussein does not give one damn about you or me. The Keystone pipeline could cure the crisis we are currently in, but Hussein Obama in his bid to destroy America, instead choses to lounge around like a shiftless lazy man. He is too busy shuckin' and jivin' from the truth to face the realities that we face as a nation.

Yes...and let us hope he stays with that plan. Why should he start fooling the independents, now? Let him cook his goose, well, as the midterms are not far away. :clap2:

Forum List

Back