No Excuses: Keystone XL Pipeline Clears Major Hurdle

Americans will not get any of the refined gas that results from Keystone.

So why should America take the environmental risk?

You don't know that.
BTW, exporting fossil fuels will make this country into an economic powerhouse.
More revenue to the federal government. Lower taxes on individuals. More money in the pockets of the people. Stronger economy.
Where's the problem?
Higher prices at the pump. :woohoo:
What could possibly be a problem with higher fuel prices???

My basic question, which NOBODY asks, is: Why doesn't Canada build it's own refinery, and it's own pipeline to it?
Because the Canadian people are not stupid enough to spoil their land when the Tea Bag Brotherhood is willing to foul the air they breath here in the US!
That is an idiotic response..
Oh....It's B-R-E-A-T-H-E.....
Just like other libs, you oppose THIS project because Obama told you to do so.
It's a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word.
- Andrew Jackson

500,000 permanent jobs doing what? Polishing the pipe? Oh wait, that's what you're doing!

The pipeline will only create a few thousand temporary construction jobs

In reality the Kochstone Pipeline will put $100 million/yr in the Koch Brother's pockets.

agreed that the "500K permanent jobs" claim is absurd...

but construction will create a huge shit-load of fairly long-term temporary jobs...

as well as a smaller shit-load of permanent jobs to operate and maintain the beast...

and the whole thing will help us, in terms of energy supplies...

and whatever profit the Koch's may make on the project is fuckin' besides the point...

So will building a new entry point to NY to go along with the GW Bridge and Lincoln and Holland tunnels.

So will building new schools and fixing bridges and infrastructure.

Keystone is far from the only construction job on the horizon.

do they need a new entry point? or is that just a project for the sake of a project?

we need more schools:eusa_eh:

fixing bridges? what happened to the stimulus $$?

That's a reason?

Fighting each and every one of them.

well then, you're part of the problem. physician heal thyself.
No, I want solar, wind, and hydro, along with specific locations for nuclear.

I agree on the nuclear but the greens say thats a no go, the hydro is a dead issue, they are trying to tear down reservoirs/dams, hello.

and as far as sun and wind, go read up on what Germany has now had to do to their solar wind industries...

You don't know that.
More revenue to the federal government. Lower taxes on individuals. More money in the pockets of the people. Stronger economy.
Where's the problem?

I do know that. They've said so.

We are awash in fossil fuel: why isn't our gas down to $0.99 like it was the day Clinton left office?

You don't know that.
Where's the problem?
Higher prices at the pump. :woohoo:
What could possibly be a problem with higher fuel prices???

Ok..I'll bite.. How would the completion of the Keystone XL pipeline translate to higher gas prices?
Anyway, what the fuck do you care? You WANT higher gas prices because that would be a form of 'forced conservation".That is Obama's agenda..
Don't try to tell me you would not be orgasmic if we were paying for gas what the Euros pay...

Am I a Canadian now?

Well I guess because you love Gino Vannelli so much I could make you an honorary Canuck....:)

But seriously one only has to look at North Dakota and what they are pulling out of the ground up here. They have to get it to refineries somehow. They would greatly benefit with the pipeline.

Pipeline is the safest way to transport IMHO. Rail is unnerving because transporting such a highly flammable product thru towns and cities run the horrid risk of a disaster like what happened in Quebec last year.
My basic question, which NOBODY asks, is: Why doesn't Canada build it's own refinery, and it's own pipeline to it?

becasue their costs analysis says that thats not cost effective.

Because you want and need our oil and have for years.

Ah you believe in the myth of dirty tar sands. Despite your latest review by your government. Got it. I'll tackle that tomorrow.

Why don't you think about this? We've been your number one supplier for many a year now.

Canada provides you with "ethical oil". Our country is not run by a dictator. All who work in the oil fields are paid more than handsomely with fabulous benefits.

Our First Nations profit greatly from the contracts and thousands of First Nations are employed directly or indirectly in a remote part of Canada.

We don't starve or brutalize our peoples. We have fabulous human rights compared to the middle east. We pay everyone awesome amounts who work in the oil industry as compared to Venezuela.

And the carbon footprint from transporting our oil to your refineries is miniscule compared to you shipping in tanker loads from the Middle East or from Venezuela.

Let alone the damage from a leak is minor compared to a tanker swamped at sea releasing thousands of barrels of oil into the ocean and corrupting the seas.

Don't you care about the planet Syn?

:eusa_angel:

Ethical oil. It's the way to go.

Are you engaging in selective reading?

None of this tar sand oil is bound for U.S. markets. All of it is going overseas.

And?
Why should we risk out environment in order to serve Canada and China's interests?

Well I guess because you love Gino Vannelli so much I could make you an honorary Canuck....:)

But seriously one only has to look at North Dakota and what they are pulling out of the ground up here. They have to get it to refineries somehow. They would greatly benefit with the pipeline.

Pipeline is the safest way to transport IMHO. Rail is unnerving because transporting such a highly flammable product thru towns and cities run the horrid risk of a disaster like what happened in Quebec last year.
Because the Canadian people are not stupid enough to spoil their land when the Tea Bag Brotherhood is willing to foul the air they breath here in the US!

the airs already being fouled by Chinese pollution, they refine much less efficiently than we do ala environmental controls etc. As we have seen the global atmosphere doesn't lend itself to seclusion/isolation. They would generate more pollution than we would in the refining process.

agreed that the "500K permanent jobs" claim is absurd...

but construction will create a huge shit-load of fairly long-term temporary jobs...

as well as a smaller shit-load of permanent jobs to operate and maintain the beast...

and the whole thing will help us, in terms of energy supplies...

and whatever profit the Koch's may make on the project is fuckin' besides the point...

So will building a new entry point to NY to go along with the GW Bridge and Lincoln and Holland tunnels.

do they need a new entry point? or is that just a project for the sake of a project?

They desperately need a new entry point. You won't find anyone who says otherwise (with any credibility), Democrat or Republican.

Stimulus money was spent by 2011. One third of it was tax cuts. A lot of it was in Green initiatives, which I took advantage of.

Then why do you need to transport your dirty tar sands across America?

Pump it, pipeline it across Canada, and refine it all yourselves.

Because you want and need our oil and have for years.

Ah you believe in the myth of dirty tar sands. Despite your latest review by your government. Got it. I'll tackle that tomorrow.

Why don't you think about this? We've been your number one supplier for many a year now.

Canada provides you with "ethical oil". Our country is not run by a dictator. All who work in the oil fields are paid more than handsomely with fabulous benefits.

Our First Nations profit greatly from the contracts and thousands of First Nations are employed directly or indirectly in a remote part of Canada.

We don't starve or brutalize our peoples. We have fabulous human rights compared to the middle east. We pay everyone awesome amounts who work in the oil industry as compared to Venezuela.

And the carbon footprint from transporting our oil to your refineries is miniscule compared to you shipping in tanker loads from the Middle East or from Venezuela.

Let alone the damage from a leak is minor compared to a tanker swamped at sea releasing thousands of barrels of oil into the ocean and corrupting the seas.

Don't you care about the planet Syn?

:eusa_angel:

Ethical oil. It's the way to go.

Are you engaging in selective reading?

None of this tar sand oil is bound for U.S. markets. All of it is going overseas.

actually you are engaged in selective readings as well as selective outrage, petroleum is fungible...here;

fun·gi·ble
ˈfənjəbəl/
adjective
Law
adjective: fungible

(of goods contracted for without an individual specimen being specified) able to replace or be replaced by another identical item; mutually interchangeable.
"money is fungible—money that is raised for one purpose can easily be used for another"

well then, you're part of the problem. physician heal thyself.

I agree on the nuclear but the greens say thats a no go, the hydro is a dead issue, they are trying to tear down reservoirs/dams, hello.

and as far as sun and wind, go read up on what Germany has now had to do to their solar wind industries...
I don't mind nuclear as a bridge to the future as long as it's located in stable areas, i.e. not earthquake zones, etc.

They desperately need a new entry point. You won't find anyone who says otherwise (with any credibility), Democrat or Republican.

Stimulus money was spent by 2011. One third of it was tax cuts. A lot of it was in Green initiatives, which I took advantage of.

they do? I have heard that they need to rebuild the 59th street bridge etc....

so one third was tax cuts so what?

so, did you get a solyndra T-shirt at least? :rolleyes:

That's Canada's problem.

I don't mind nuclear as a bridge to the future as long as it's located in stable areas, i.e. not earthquake zones, etc.

and the rest?

That's Canada's problem.

no, actually, its not;

here one more time-

fun·gi·ble
ˈfənjəbəl/
adjective
Law
adjective: fungible

(of goods contracted for without an individual specimen being specified) able to replace or be replaced by another identical item; mutually interchangeable.
"money is fungible—money that is raised for one purpose can easily be used for another"

they do? I have heard that they need to rebuild the 59th street bridge etc....

so one third was tax cuts so what?

so, did you get a solyndra T-shirt at least? :rolleyes:

You've decided to veer off into Retard Land. Enjoy the trip.

Forum List

Back