No Excuses: Keystone XL Pipeline Clears Major Hurdle

Well I guess because you love Gino Vannelli so much I could make you an honorary Canuck....:)

But seriously one only has to look at North Dakota and what they are pulling out of the ground up here. They have to get it to refineries somehow. They would greatly benefit with the pipeline.

Pipeline is the safest way to transport IMHO. Rail is unnerving because transporting such a highly flammable product thru towns and cities run the horrid risk of a disaster like what happened in Quebec last year.
My basic question, which NOBODY asks, is: Why doesn't Canada build it's own refinery, and it's own pipeline to it?
Because the Canadian people are not stupid enough to spoil their land when the Tea Bag Brotherhood is willing to foul the air they breath here in the US!

Not only do you foul the air with your own exhaled C02 effluent, you have to pile this bullshit on top of it?

ed, you ignorant slut.

Am I a Canadian now?

Well I guess because you love Gino Vannelli so much I could make you an honorary Canuck....:)

But seriously one only has to look at North Dakota and what they are pulling out of the ground up here. They have to get it to refineries somehow. They would greatly benefit with the pipeline.

Pipeline is the safest way to transport IMHO. Rail is unnerving because transporting such a highly flammable product thru towns and cities run the horrid risk of a disaster like what happened in Quebec last year.
My basic question, which NOBODY asks, is: Why doesn't Canada build it's own refinery, and it's own pipeline to it?

We have refineries all over the country. True story. :)

Last edited:

Then why do you need to transport your dirty tar sands across America?

Pump it, pipeline it across Canada, and refine it all yourselves.

Before I sign off for the night, here's a partial list. More at link.

B

Burnaby Refinery

C

CCRL Refinery Complex
Come By Chance Refinery

D

Dartmouth Refinery

H

Husky Lloydminster Refinery

I

Irving Oil Refinery

L

List of oil facilities in Montreal

M

Montreal East Refinery (Gulf Oil Canada)
Montreal East Refinery (Shell Canada)
Montreal Refinery

N

Nanticoke Refinery

O

Oakville Refinery (Petro-Canada)

Category:Oil refineries in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because you want and need our oil and have for years.

Ah you believe in the myth of dirty tar sands. Despite your latest review by your government. Got it. I'll tackle that tomorrow.

Why don't you think about this? We've been your number one supplier for many a year now.

Canada provides you with "ethical oil". Our country is not run by a dictator. All who work in the oil fields are paid more than handsomely with fabulous benefits.

Our First Nations profit greatly from the contracts and thousands of First Nations are employed directly or indirectly in a remote part of Canada.

We don't starve or brutalize our peoples. We have fabulous human rights compared to the middle east. We pay everyone awesome amounts who work in the oil industry as compared to Venezuela.

And the carbon footprint from transporting our oil to your refineries is miniscule compared to you shipping in tanker loads from the Middle East or from Venezuela.

Let alone the damage from a leak is minor compared to a tanker swamped at sea releasing thousands of barrels of oil into the ocean and corrupting the seas.

Don't you care about the planet Syn?

:eusa_angel:

Ethical oil. It's the way to go.

It is becoming increasingly clear that Hussein does not give one damn about you or me. The Keystone pipeline could cure the crisis we are currently in, but Hussein Obama in his bid to destroy America, instead choses to lounge around like a shiftless lazy man. He is too busy shuckin' and jivin' from the truth to face the realities that we face as a nation.

500,000 permanent jobs doing what? Polishing the pipe? Oh wait, that's what you're doing!

The pipeline will only create a few thousand temporary construction jobs

In reality the Kochstone Pipeline will put $100 million/yr in the Koch Brother's pockets.

agreed that the "500K permanent jobs" claim is absurd...

but construction will create a huge shit-load of fairly long-term temporary jobs...

as well as a smaller shit-load of permanent jobs to operate and maintain the beast...

and the whole thing will help us, in terms of energy supplies...

and whatever profit the Koch's may make on the project is fuckin' besides the point...

I love ya, Synth... but you obviously have no fuckin' idea of what you're talking about...

Ah you believe in the myth of dirty tar sands. Despite your latest review by your government. Got it. I'll tackle that tomorrow.

Why don't you think about this? We've been your number one supplier for many a year now.

Canada provides you with "ethical oil". Our country is not run by a dictator. All who work in the oil fields are paid more than handsomely with fabulous benefits.

Our First Nations profit greatly from the contracts and thousands of First Nations are employed directly or indirectly in a remote part of Canada.

We don't starve or brutalize our peoples. We have fabulous human rights compared to the middle east. We pay everyone awesome amounts who work in the oil industry as compared to Venezuela.

And the carbon footprint from transporting our oil to your refineries is miniscule compared to you shipping in tanker loads from the Middle East or from Venezuela.

Let alone the damage from a leak is minor compared to a tanker swamped at sea releasing thousands of barrels of oil into the ocean and corrupting the seas.

Are you engaging in selective reading?

None of this tar sand oil is bound for U.S. markets. All of it is going overseas.

It is becoming increasingly clear that Hussein does not give one damn about you or me. The Keystone pipeline could cure the crisis we are currently in, but Hussein Obama in his bid to destroy America, instead choses to lounge around like a shiftless lazy man. He is too busy shuckin' and jivin' from the truth to face the realities that we face as a nation.

500,000 permanent jobs doing what? Polishing the pipe? Oh wait, that's what you're doing!

In reality the Kochstone Pipeline will put $100 million/yr in the Koch Brother's pockets.

but construction will create a huge shit-load of fairly long-term temporary jobs...

as well as a smaller shit-load of permanent jobs to operate and maintain the beast...

and whatever profit the Koch's may make on the project is fuckin' besides the point...

So will building a new entry point to NY to go along with the GW Bridge and Lincoln and Holland tunnels.

So will building new schools and fixing bridges and infrastructure.

Keystone is far from the only construction job on the horizon.

Tough shit....This is getting built.
Oblammy isn't going to be President forever.
Regime change is imminent.

Americans will not get any of the refined gas that results from Keystone.

So why should America take the environmental risk?

You don't know that.
BTW, exporting fossil fuels will make this country into an economic powerhouse.
More revenue to the federal government. Lower taxes on individuals. More money in the pockets of the people. Stronger economy.
Where's the problem?

Americans will not get any of the refined gas that results from Keystone.

So why should America take the environmental risk?

Because you already have Keystone I and Keystone II.

That's a reason?

Oh and I guess you've never seen actually all your pipelines across the country.

Where were the enviro weenies and enviro whackos when all of these were built?

MapofUSpipelines.jpg

Fighting each and every one of them.

YES....As if you libs have latched on to the irrational belief that THIS is where the lined is crossed. NO MORE!!!, you shout in shrill harmony.
You people don't even know against what it is you protest.
All you know is "Obama doesn't like it, so neither do I."

That's a reason?

Fighting each and every one of them.

well then, you're part of the problem. physician heal thyself.
No, I want solar, wind, and hydro, along with specific locations for nuclear.

So do most people. Unfortunately those things not only are prohibitively expensive, they do not power our vehicles or aircraft.
And until there is an alternative fuel that performs as well as fossil based, is as readily available, gets the same or better fuel economy and costs the same or less, we're sticking with what we have.
Quite frankly I think we should be developing Hydrogen and Natural Gas as alternative auto fuels right now.

Because the Canadian people are not stupid enough to spoil their land when the Tea Bag Brotherhood is willing to foul the air they breath here in the US!
That is an idiotic response..
Oh....It's B-R-E-A-T-H-E.....
Just like other libs, you oppose THIS project because Obama told you to do so.

Don't forget the ancillary jobs as a result.
Housing, retail, infrastructure, transportation, manufacturing, etc....
of course those screaming JOBS JOBS JOBS, ignore that because the jobs this project will create are not the politically correct type that libs will accept.

Are you engaging in selective reading?

None of this tar sand oil is bound for U.S. markets. All of it is going overseas.

And?

So will building a new entry point to NY to go along with the GW Bridge and Lincoln and Holland tunnels.

So will building new schools and fixing bridges and infrastructure.

Keystone is far from the only construction job on the horizon.
School construction is a LOCAL issue. Our county has built ten new schools in the last 5 years. So what? If a new school is needed, local taxpayer dollars are spent to complete that task.
US motorists and truckers pour hundreds of billions of dollars in fuel and road use taxes into the federal treasury each year. And each year the money is stolen from the highway trust fund to be used for everything but the intended use of highway tax dollars.
Tell ya what, you figure out the root of the corruption that allows politicians to steal that money, get it back and THEN you can have your wish.

Forum List

Back