No frivolous gun control laws would have stopped this...

There was a time in the 80's and 90's when the NRA did some good ,,showed youngsters how to handle a weapon how to shoot how to take care ,,,, BUT now they're just an arm of the Republican party

I wouldn't go that far. The NRA was a sensible organization up until the 1970's... when it supported common sense gun laws.

Then the nuts like LaPeirre took over.

This was also about the time that hunting started falling out of fashion as a sport, so the gun industry realized that the home protection market was the way to go.
OK whats a decade or 2 among friends?

I am still waiting for one of you on the left to tell us exactly what new gun laws would stop the school shootings, and which ones would stop the murders in Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, Atlanta, DC, philly, et. al.

tell us exactly what the wording of the new laws would be that would stop these shootings and murders.

what you fools don't get is that the problem is not guns, the problem is a sick society, made sick by decades of liberal thought and PC bullshit.

Unfortunaetly both sides have contributed to the drugging of our children. I blame pharma for that! You can believe this when I tell ya, pharma has spread the money to boith sides of the fence on that one! We have some bi-partisian support to sue pharma in Ohio right now. I believe this is a step in the right direction to sorting this mess out. Unfortunbately we can all look in the mirror and take some responsibilty for this one. Parents, teachers and the governemt has failed thier children on this one. We were all here and share some responsibilty!

First, find a spellcheck program.

More importantly, what are you going to sue a pharmaceutical company for doing? I do think that like cigarettes and hard alcohol, advertising of prescription drugs should be prohibited.

No, "everyone" is NOT responsible. Children are no longer held accountable for their behavior, nor are their parents. Instead of working to be parents or teachers, GIVE THEM A DRUG!

I hold the government more responsible than anyone. Beginning with the Lyndon Johnson War on Poverty and Great Society we began to reward bad behavior and punish good behavior. We punish married couples and reward single parents, we reward them even more if they have a child, two and even more reward. Although no one cares who raises the kids and who teaches them morals and builds their character.

Saying that we all share some responsibility is a coward way out of holding anyone responsible.
Ya, passing the buck on responsibility makes you a hero! Get bent!

What did I post that got under your skin?

Pieces-S.jpg

I am still waiting for one of you on the left to tell us exactly what new gun laws would stop the school shootings, and which ones would stop the murders in Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, Atlanta, DC, philly, et. al.

total ban on privately owned guns.

That would stop this shit.

For some here, Redfish needed to add the word REALISTIC". Like all Progressives, you can't help but live in a fantasy world.

Support%20guns%20or%20confiscate%20guns-M.jpg

How about “law abiding gun owners” secure their guns instead of leaving them lying around for their psycho kid to grab?

Dad should be charged .
You finally said something that makes sense

Dad should definitely be charged. We need to go after anyone who arms these killers, they clearly need an incentive to be more responsible with their arms.
Didn't the courts overturn a law that gun owners needed to secure their weapons (I think it was in D.C.). The courts said you can't tell a man what to do inside his castle. So I don't think holding Dad accountable will fly in the long run.
TBH, I think the Dad will suffer for the rest of his life about this. Imagine if it were your kid who did this. It must be nearly insufferable.

You do have a point. If a kid gets into the liquor cabinet at home, gets drunk, and grabs his car getting into a fatal accident, you don't blame the parents because the kid stole booze.
But the parents are still responsible for the acts of their minor children
No. In most states, parents are responsible for all malicious or willful property damage done by their children. The parent is obligated only to financially compensate the party harmed by his or her child's actions.

TWENTY school shootings this year and it's not even June and there's a fight against checking mental health?? And BTW I do have a marksman medal around my house somewhere ,,Almost made sharpshooter

No fight, how do you use it?

Please list the school shootings along with how many schools are in the United States.

Thank you.

For some here, Redfish needed to add the word REALISTIC". Like all Progressives, you can't help but live in a fantasy world.

Um, guy last time I checked, Europe, Australia and Japan were in the same world we are in.

see, here's a map.

map-of-world.jpg

They've all banned private gun ownership, and they all have stopped these kinds of incidents from happening.

upload_2018-5-20_19-6-37.jpeg

Chick bitch slapped the shooter and pushed him over an edge. He would have picked up a knife to whack her for true after what she did to him.

I swear for what she did to him she would have died at the end of a pencil crayon.

All y'all have got the deal here right? Bitch whent cookoo nutso on shooter dude and bullied the fuck out of him so the kid lost it and wasted her and her friends that were bullying him.

Um, guy last time I checked, Europe, Australia and Japan were in the same world we are in.

see, here's a map.

map-of-world.jpg

They've all banned private gun ownership, and they all have stopped these kinds of incidents from happening.

View attachment 194568

I'll take you apart at Australia. Knife deaths went up in response to gun deaths going down. Yes.....where there is a fucking will there is a way. Knife deaths and others increased as gun deaths went down.

AK murders on the increase without fucking GUNS ASSHOLE.

When was the last school shooting in Germany, France, UK, Japan, Denmark.... yeah seems like gun laws can really restrict this kind of thing...

Skipped Norway I see.

As for France:
Paris massacre: At least 128 killed in gunfire and blasts, French officials say
By Steve Almasy, Pierre Meilhan and Jim Bittermann, CNN
Updated 9:48 AM ET, Sat November 14, 2015
Paris massacre: At least 128 die in attacks - CNN

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

Violent%20Crime-L.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

UK is violent crime capital of Europe

total ban on privately owned guns.

That would stop this shit.

This is true. Look how well we did with totally banning recreational narcotics in this country.

Right. Obama was making school officials not do their jobs right after he got done making your boss cancel your health insurance. Obama is hiding behind every bush. Watch out, Obama might pop out and get you!!!

The PROMISE program was praised by the Obama administration and the Broward school district was awarded $54 million in grants from the $4 billion 'Race to the Top' initiative.

On Feb. 28 Sunshine State News reported possible ways the school system's PROMISE Program, and the aims behind it,
may have stopped confessed shooter Nikolas Cruz from being arrested well before he killed 14 students and three teachers at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School -- despite numerous allegations of criminal behavior. The PROMISE Program’s goal is to reduce the number of students arrested for minor infractions. But the pursuit of that goal may have stopped Cruz from entering the criminal justice system before carrying out the massacre on Valentine’s Day.

Are you starting to learn something now, or are you just going to keep making excuses for your Mulatto Prince?

When you have TWO conditional clauses in a sentence, you really don't have an argument.

Either the program stopped Cruz from being arrested, or it didn't.

Or more likely, he just didn't do anything serious enough to get arrested for. Unless they outlawed being a mopey teenager recently.

Ah yes, so you didn't see his Facebook posts. I guess you didn't know he was reported to authorities about his threatening behavior before the shooting. I guess you didn't know that he was restricted from bringing back packs to school because teachers feared him.

And the millions of dollars the feds gave to a school in such an affluent area? Happens all the time, right Joe?

Just as long as you don't blame Hussein. That's all that counts. It's never the black guys fault according to you self-hating white folks.

How about “law abiding gun owners” secure their guns instead of leaving them lying around for their psycho kid to grab?

Dad should be charged .
You finally said something that makes sense

Dad should definitely be charged. We need to go after anyone who arms these killers, they clearly need an incentive to be more responsible with their arms.
Didn't the courts overturn a law that gun owners needed to secure their weapons (I think it was in D.C.). The courts said you can't tell a man what to do inside his castle. So I don't think holding Dad accountable will fly in the long run.
TBH, I think the Dad will suffer for the rest of his life about this. Imagine if it were your kid who did this. It must be nearly insufferable.

You do have a point. If a kid gets into the liquor cabinet at home, gets drunk, and grabs his car getting into a fatal accident, you don't blame the parents because the kid stole booze.
But the parents are still responsible for the acts of their minor children

I don't know about that.

In my suburb, we elected a really great Mayor. I knew he was great because Council didn't like him, much like Congress doesn't like Trump. Anyway, he got a law passed that parents were going to be held responsible for the actions of their children. It would start as a warning, then small fines, and increasing fines until the parent straightened out their own kids.

This fat black woman was hit with a fine because of her out of control kid. She took it to court and eventually won. They ruled the law was too ambiguous, and that the parent cannot be held responsible for the actions of their children unless they were aware of illegal activity from the beginning. Then we had to rescind the law.

Notice how Trump said he was for all the students at the Texas HS ?? EXCEPT when it comes time to do something

Specifically, what could the President REALISTICALLY DO that would stop the school shootings? Keep in mind too that President Donald Trump, unlike failed former President Barack Hussein Obama cannot write laws from the Oval Office. Go!

When was the last school shooting in Germany, France, UK, Japan, Denmark.... yeah seems like gun laws can really restrict this kind of thing...

Skipped Norway I see.

As for France:
Paris massacre: At least 128 killed in gunfire and blasts, French officials say
By Steve Almasy, Pierre Meilhan and Jim Bittermann, CNN
Updated 9:48 AM ET, Sat November 14, 2015
Paris massacre: At least 128 die in attacks - CNN

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

Violent%20Crime-L.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

UK is violent crime capital of Europe
Stats like this are absolutely ridiculous because the definitions of crimes in different countries are significantly different. For example in the US, a ‘violent crime’ is one of four specific offenses: murder and non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. In the UK, a violent crime is any crime against the person. This includes all ‘crimes against the person,’ including simple assaults which is not a violent crime in the US. It includes housebreaking which is not a violent crimes in the US. It also includes all ‘sexual offenses such as exposure, voyeurism, intercourse with an animal, sexual activity in a public lavatory, sex with adult realities, none of which are violent crimes in the US. These are just a few examples.

Even the definition of a crime in reporting stats is different in different countries. For example, there are crimes reported, crimes charged, crimes prosecuted, and criminal convictions.

Once you know this, it becomes clear how misleading it is to compare rates of violent crime in different countries.

Last edited:
Notice how Trump said he was for all the students at the Texas HS ?? EXCEPT when it comes time to do something

Specifically, what could the President REALISTICALLY DO that would stop the school shootings? Keep in mind too that President Donald Trump, unlike failed former President Barack Hussein Obama cannot write laws from the Oval Office. Go!
The only thing a president can do to stop school shootings is to close the schools.

I wouldn't go that far. The NRA was a sensible organization up until the 1970's... when it supported common sense gun laws.

Then the nuts like LaPeirre took over.

This was also about the time that hunting started falling out of fashion as a sport, so the gun industry realized that the home protection market was the way to go.

And, now we have common sense gun laws. How many more common sense gun laws do we need before they go beyond common sense and accomplish nothing?

Perhaps hunting has fallen out of favor where you live, but it certainly has not where I live, the panhandle of Florida.

As you know, personal protection has worked and worked well. More guns have equaled fewer murders and violent crimes. Why is that a problem for you? Why do you demand more murders and violent crimes?

Forum List

Back