No historical Jesus

Let's not forget that the vast majority of scholars are the product of Christian seminaries.
Can you back that up with stats and a source then qualify the relevance if the stats prove you correct.

Cannot find any stats on the net Alex, but it is factual. My point is that seminary scholars are not going to jeopardize their careers by bucking the system.

SBL Publications
I have not found what you describe to be true.

You source states it's Mission Statement: Foster Biblical Scholarship

Relevance to the OP?

I have a Master's Degree in Legal Forensics.
There is no such degree or course of study that I could find.:bsflag::rofl:
There are lots of Master's programs that come and go in today's ever changing market and economy.
I could have posted anything but I tend to stick to the truth.
Try again. You float a great deal of unsubstantiated posts this is merely one of them.

Even were I a high school dropout I have already ripped you to shreds many times over.
What amazes me about you is that my level of erudition has not already indicated to you that I have acquired a high level of education.
You are driven by a religious zeal, not by provable facts.
I will not lie about my Masters Degree.
On the other hand, that's not the topic of the thread.

Let's not forget that the vast majority of scholars are the product of Christian seminaries.
Can you back that up with stats and a source then qualify the relevance if the stats prove you correct.

Grow up.
I can debate on this and other subjects without resorting to Googling links.
Can you?
When I debate on facts I provide sources and sites. When I discuss opinion I don't, generally.

I'm waiting for facts.
Your sites are at best amateurish HTMLs that I was introduced to back in 1998-2003.
Baloney you are beat, your position has not been substantiated and now you are attempting to discredit the established educational institutions and well respected educators and professionals I have presented.
If they believe virgin birth stories then you must throw all their opinions away they're tainted

Grow up.
I can debate on this and other subjects without resorting to Googling links.
Can you?
When I debate on facts I provide sources and sites. When I discuss opinion I don't, generally.

I'm waiting for facts.
Your sites are at best amateurish HTMLs that I was introduced to back in 1998-2003.
Baloney you are beat, your position has not been substantiated and now you are attempting to discredit the established educational institutions and well respected educators and professionals I have presented.

More ad hominems from the loving "Jesus Like" Alex.

There are lots of Master's programs that come and go in today's ever changing market and economy.
Try again. You float a great deal of unsubstantiated posts this is merely one of them.

Even were I a high school dropout I have already ripped you to shreds many times over.
What amazes me about you is that my level of erudition has not already indicated to you that I have acquired a high level of education.

Nonsense. Prove what you submit to be true.

Isn't it called cognitive dissonance when a otherwise smart person believes a stupid thing hat isn't scientifically possible?

You want me to provide personal information?
Are you insane?
It's only because intellectually you know I'm correct in regards to the thread.

Isn't it called cognitive dissonance when a otherwise smart person believes a stupid thing hat isn't scientifically possible?

First of all, you are presuming Alex is smart; his English is average at best so it's hard to believe he attended an American University.
Furthermore, a religion that does not require a regiment leaves in it's vacuum a void that must be filled by faith.
Judaism is a religion of practice.
I spend way too much time studying and practicing Torah to feel a void.

Extraordinary claims require evidence. It doesn't take any evidence to say a human can't walk on water.

Do I need to have 1000 people try?

Extraordinary claims require evidence. It doesn't take any evidence to say a human can't walk on water.

TRCC utilizes negative evidence quite often.

Not the OP please stay on point.

First of all, you are presuming Alex is smart; his English is average at best so it's hard to believe he attended an American University.
Furthermore, a religion that does not require a regiment leaves in it's vacuum a void that must be filled by faith.
Judaism is a religion of practice.
I spend way too much time studying and practicing Torah to feel a void.
You are spending way too much time floating unsubstantiated claims and whining when things don't go your way. Generally, arrogance and egocentricity are coupled with some semblance of validity to the claims made. Yours is pure bluster accompanied by an inflated sense of self and nothing more except angry childish outbursts and in personam attacks when challenged.

Cannot find any stats on the net Alex, but it is factual. My point is that seminary scholars are not going to jeopardize their careers by bucking the system.

SBL Publications

Relevance to the OP?

The link is in reference to my claim on faith based scholarship. Did you read the post?

Are you insane?
You offered, I asked for the educational institution or match book cover where you claimed to receive this advanced degree.

SBL Publications

Relevance to the OP?

The link is in reference to my claim on faith based scholarship. Did you read the post?
yes I did I disagree

Not the OP please stay on point.
Once I realized the debate I bounced.

Are you insane?
You offered, I asked for the educational institution or match book cover where you claimed to receive this advanced degree.

Your debating skills leave much to be desired.
For instance, providing facts is an important component of debate.
Flaming is for the weak-minded jury.
You have resorted to flaming.

Anyway, I have more important things to do at the moment...no sarcasm intended.

Are you insane?

Your debating skills leave much to be desired.
For instance, providing facts is an important component of debate.
Flaming is for the weak-minded jury.
You have resorted to flaming.

Anyway, I have more important things to do at the moment...no sarcasm intended.
Fact is I proved my premise which happens to be what the OP is about. You have attacked, lied, boasted and whined but have not proved your point.:itsok:

Well... yes... usually, people who are Biblical scholars attended Christian seminary. Most people who are Judges went to Law School. Most doctors attended medical school. Unfortunately, there are not a whole lot of Biblical scholars who are Atheists. Not a lot of firemen who are pyromaniacs. :dunno:

The professions you cite are not based on a mythology of "faith".

The Bible is considered primary source. The historians I have mentioned are considered to be a secondary source.

A secondary source interprets and analyzes primary sources. These sources are one or more steps removed from the event. Secondary sources may have pictures, quotes or graphics of primary sources in them. Some types of seconday sources include:
  • PUBLICATIONS: Textbooks, magazine articles, histories, criticisms, commentaries, encyclopedias
Primary vs Secondary Sources

One or two steps...
Try 2,000 years.

I'll tell you what
Don't waste my time.

You are posting LINKS regarding "newspaper articles" from people who never met Jesus and I'm wasting YOUR time?
I'd like to see ONE piece of papyrus I can get someone to translate.
OP>>>>No historical Jesus

That has been proved and accepted by "qualified" and degreed historians, experts in their field that I have provided in those links. Your homespun and myopic perspectives have been exploded and proven wrong.
Me: Other than a pompous ass historian "making the claim", where's the evidence?
You: A pompous ass historian "making the claim".

Seriously, I need something I can submit for evidence other than TNT or an "eyewitness account" by someone writing a post-mortum article on Jesus in The Roman Times.

Anyway, I'm past bored.

Paul the Apostle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sources outside the New Testament that mention Paul include:
So Paul of Tarsus was a real person who wrote extensively about Jesus and his message.

Now... I have no idea how to maneuver through your minefield of rejection when it comes to evidence... you seem to want some kind of a historical quote from a non-Christian, talking about Jesus in his writings or something? Of course, Paul of Tarsus is about as close as you'll get to that... but you don't accept him because... why again? Oh... he wrote part of the Bible!

The New Testament of the Bible is a comprehensive set of books from people writing about Jesus. It's like the Jesus Documentary box set. But that's not "evidence" for you.

In short, what you have spent days here demanding is that someone change your stubborn mind that refuses to accept evidence of any kind if it contradicts your preconceived belief. Maybe you're retarded and don't comprehend this but no one can ever make you change your mind.

Apparently, you never read The Book of James; Paul never met Jesus. James says Paul was an asshole.
I am already familiar with your long winded style which is why I never respond to your postings.

Uhm... yeah, I'm pretty sure Paul met Jesus on the Road to Damascus.
Yes, he was a total asshole and not a Jesus freak. He was on his way to kill Christians.
You guys would have LOVED Paul in his younger days. He was just like you!

Forum List

Back