🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No One Has a Right to Health Care

"No One Has a Right to Health Care"

No one of significance or consequence says one does.

Anyone who maintains such a thing is wrong.

Many people do, however, and it displays a disturbing level of ignorance regarding the concept of rights. It's disturbing because our primary defense against losing our rights, is our collective will to defend them. These people don't even understand what rights are.

For example:

Every human being has a right to medical care

Nobody should ever have the right to use government to force somebody else to pay their bills for them.

When greedy shitheads use the government to provide them with things they are too sorry to provide for themselves then that is nothing more than state supported thievery and it is despicable.
It s helping people who need help and it is admirable

Its helping when you volunteer to help.

Its forcing you to help when your hard earned tax money is used for something it was never meant to be used for.
You volunteer to help when you become a citizen of the U.S.

Nope. I never volunteered and that's the point. No one asked we taxpayers if we wanted to bankroll everyone who can't or won't take care of themselves.

Big difference in volunteering and being forced.

Nobody should ever have the right to use government to force somebody else to pay their bills for them.

When greedy shitheads use the government to provide them with things they are too sorry to provide for themselves then that is nothing more than state supported thievery and it is despicable.

I am quite capable of determining who I should help and who I shouldn't. You Liberals hate the idea of personal responsibly and freedom, don't you?

I should have the liberty of helping people that I feel needs it, not have the filthy ass oppressive government take my money by force and give it to greedy third and forth generation welfare queens that have no intentions of ever paying their own bills.

They don't have to pay their own bills when all they have to do is vote for shithead Democrats who will steal money on their behalf.

It is slavery for the government to force me to give my money to somebody else.

113869d1372466742-obamas-cdc-report-gun-violence-democarts-slavery.jpg

Why does the military get free medical care, free room and board, free clothes and so on?
Its just another job and if they are hurt on the job they can sue just like everyone else. It has been a tradition for all these years they get all these freebies and it is time to stop the free loading and assume it's just another job, and most of that job is just training.

Why does the military get free medical care, free room and board, free clothes and so on?
Its just another job and if they are hurt on the job they can sue just like everyone else. It has been a tradition for all these years they get all these freebies and it is time to stop the free loading and assume it's just another job, and most of that job is just training.

They don't get freebies. They earn whatever they get by putting on that uniform. Those guys and gals are prepared to put themselves in harms way.

How bout you??

Americans have a right to receive medical treatment if they become sick

They also should not lose everything they have saved in their lifetime just because they get sick

We are the wealthiest nation on earth. Most other industrialized nations assure that. We should also

Its helping when you volunteer to help.

Its forcing you to help when your hard earned tax money is used for something it was never meant to be used for.

It is called freedom and these Libtards hate that concept.

They demand you work and give them your money because they were able to come up with a plurality to elect assholes like Obama to force you to give them you money.

They hate the concept of paying their own bills when all they have to do is elect Democrats to take your money and give it to them.

Despicable people, aren't they?

They also should not lose everything they have saved in their lifetime just because they get sick

We are the wealthiest nation on earth. Most other industrialized nations assure that. We should also

Who says they have that right?? You??

Who the hell are you to tell me or anyone else that they have to pay for medical care for someone?

Ask some of the citizens of those countries about those long waits for medical care. I'm sure there are folks in the UK, Europe and Canada that can tell some horror stories about those waits.

Last edited:

Who says they have that right?? You??

Who the hell are you to tell me or anyone else that they have to pay for medical care for someone.

Ask some of those countries about those long waits for medical care. I'm sure there are folks in the UK, Europe and Canada that can tell some horror stories about those waits.

DOCTORS IN THE FORMER USSR TOOK THE POSITION THAT

"THE GOVERNMENT PRETENDS TO PAY US AND WE PRETEND TO PROVIDE HEALTH CARE"

HEALTH CARE WAS ONLY PROVIDED PRIVATELY TO THOSE WHO PAID BRIBES

SO THE BERNERS SHOULD WAKE THE FUCK UP.

[

Civilizations levy taxes on their citizens. Any tax whatsoever could be called "coercive" or "stealing". Taxes are going to happen, and the amount is up to that civilization. Those who want far lower taxes and services can do what they can do vote in those who will get it done.

Personally, I'm a capitalist and I'm greedy. And I don't like indirectly paying for mid-level, high-level or catastrophic health care services for people who have no coverage. I can either help pay for the high-level stuff or I can help pay for lower-level stuff such as preventive, foundational and diagnostic care so the high-level stuff is far less frequent, not to mention more difficult to access.

To me, allowing these people to suffer and die is simply not an option, not in this country, and I'm confident that any other decent human would feel the same.

Is it also possible to work to make our federal spending as efficient as possible, so that waste and fraud are minimized? You bet. The two are not mutually exclusive.

A healthier populace is good economics, and I'm all about economics.

That is the worst argument of all.

Thievery through Democracy is still thievery no matter how you look at it.

If you want to help to keep people from dying by pauing their health care bills then that should be your business.

However, when you force me by force of arms to give to your concept of charity then that is oppression.

Go away. You're a moron.

I tried to answer this "stealing" and "point of a gun" and "force" stuff in the first paragraph. Civilizations choose to pool money to pay for certain services. Those civilizations also choose which services will be pooled and how much to pay for them.
Civilizations choose? What about individuals? don't they have the right to choose what to do with the fruits of their own labor?

And those who feel like Medicare and Medicaid are unconstitutional are certainly welcome to promote candidates who would abolish them.
Where in the Constitution are Medicare and Medicaid authorized?

I'm not going to hold my breath on that. The thought of leaving millions of seniors - many of whom simply do not have the capacity to make complicated decisions any more - is quite immoral to me.
How is that immoral? there is no initiation of force against such people and anybody who chooses can voluntarily provide whatever aid they like to them.

Paying taxes to help those who were not seems perfectly moral to me, and I don't lose a moment of sleep over it.
Well then why would government have to use the threat of force against you (or anybody else) to do it? If it's a moral case shouldn't it be easy to persuade most people to do so voluntarily?

[

Civilizations levy taxes on their citizens. Any tax whatsoever could be called "coercive" or "stealing". Taxes are going to happen, and the amount is up to that civilization. Those who want far lower taxes and services can do what they can do vote in those who will get it done.

Personally, I'm a capitalist and I'm greedy. And I don't like indirectly paying for mid-level, high-level or catastrophic health care services for people who have no coverage. I can either help pay for the high-level stuff or I can help pay for lower-level stuff such as preventive, foundational and diagnostic care so the high-level stuff is far less frequent, not to mention more difficult to access.

To me, allowing these people to suffer and die is simply not an option, not in this country, and I'm confident that any other decent human would feel the same.

Is it also possible to work to make our federal spending as efficient as possible, so that waste and fraud are minimized? You bet. The two are not mutually exclusive.

A healthier populace is good economics, and I'm all about economics.

That is the worst argument of all.

Thievery through Democracy is still thievery no matter how you look at it.

If you want to help to keep people from dying by pauing their health care bills then that should be your business.

However, when you force me by force of arms to give to your concept of charity then that is oppression.
Then every country on the planet is oppressed.

Vote in someone who will eliminate taxes and all programs.

Just make sure they eliminate all of them.

Then you won't be oppressed.

Rights are about protection, not about forced giving. The right to bear arms does not mean you have a right to be given a gun if you can't afford one.

Free health care is not a right any more than free guns are.

again, whether or not the issue is a right.... it's the right thing to do.

if you want to save money, maybe you should have opposed bush starting two wars while, for the first time in history, cutting taxes during wartime.

That's their problem.

They aren't my responsibility or yours or the taxpayers of America.

I bet you're a "Christian," aren't you?

Nope. Not religious at all. I'm just a taxpayers who's getting sick and tired of being hosed to take care of other peoples responsibilities.

But I bet you're "pro-life." So explain how a baby is responsible for being born with a heart defect.

(You do know no one's asking you to take them in to live with you, right? Would knowing that help you stop feeling like such a martyr?)

You'd be dead wrong.

I'm pro choice and have no problem with abortion.

And apparently no problem with infants dying of correctable heart defects, as long as you don't have to watch.

[Q

Then every country on the planet is oppressed.

Vote in someone who will eliminate taxes and all programs.

Just make sure they eliminate all of them.

Then you won't be oppressed.

Democracy sucks when the majority (usually only a plurality) finds out they can use the government for thievery. You know like getting somebody else to pay their health care bills.

Very few people have any problem with legitimate government functions like defense, police, courts, etc.

What they have trouble with is when the oppressive filthy ass government use force to take money away from the people that earned it and give it to the people that didn't earn it. Like in welfare, subsidies, bailouts and entitlements.

It is despicable government.

I tried to answer this "stealing" and "point of a gun" and "force" stuff in the first paragraph. Civilizations choose to pool money to pay for certain services. Those civilizations also choose which services will be pooled and how much to pay for them.
Civilizations choose? What about individuals? don't they have the right to choose what to do with the fruits of their own labor?

And those who feel like Medicare and Medicaid are unconstitutional are certainly welcome to promote candidates who would abolish them.
Where in the Constitution are Medicare and Medicaid authorized?

I'm not going to hold my breath on that. The thought of leaving millions of seniors - many of whom simply do not have the capacity to make complicated decisions any more - is quite immoral to me.
How is that immoral? there is no initiation of force against such people and anybody who chooses can voluntarily provide whatever aid they like to them.

Paying taxes to help those who were not seems perfectly moral to me, and I don't lose a moment of sleep over it.
Well then why would government have to use the threat of force against you (or anybody else) to do it? If it's a moral case shouldn't it be easy to persuade most people to do so voluntarily?
I don't know what to tell ya.

If you pay one penny in taxes, then you're being robbed and forced at the point of a gun. The question is who we vote in, and how low they can keep that oppression. I don't know how many people you can convince to vote out health care for the old, poor and needy.

As I said, a healthier populace is good economics. That's my focus, that's my interest. Since I've not yet had a gun held to my head to pay taxes, I can't speak to that.

Even prior to the ACA nobody was denied access to healthcare. If you walked into a publicly funded hospital with a stab wound or drug overdose they were required to take care of you.

AND THAT WAS WRONG.

IN OUR CONSTITUTIONALFORM OF GOVERNMENT NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO COMPEL TAXPAYERS AND PRODUCERS TO PROVIDE THEM WITH SOMETHING.

So everyone but you should die. No need to SHOUT.

Health care is not a right. If there was this vast overall concern for the well being of others, under the perception that everyone deserves the same right to a better quality of life, then those who were among the strongest advocates wouldn't be battling to provide "exceptions to the rule" through their position on abortion. They will argue that government doesn't have the right to force their views and decisions onto others with regard on how they "choose" what's best for their lives, yet they promote a government that forces it's position of what's best for your life in obtaining health care. They insist government has no place dictating and imposing their "morality" view of life onto those who don't share in that belief, BUT on the other hand a better quality of life is somehow a "right" that our government has the responsibility to guarantee upon all those who are in need of it. Their double minded hypocrisy is why their argument lacks any credibility. If you are willing to allow for acceptions to the rule, then it's NOT a right.

Healthcare should be a right, just as is education or owning a gun.
Who pays for it?

Forum List

Back