🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No One Has a Right to Health Care

[Q

Yes, the taxpayers were asked every time they vote. Don't you vote?

Democracy sucks when greedy assholes find out they can use the government to steal for them with 51% of vote. Of course most of the time it is not really a majority but a plurality, which makes it even worse.

All humans should have a Bill of Rights to prevent the government from taking their money and giving it away to somebody else. Don't you agree?

Only a first rate greedy thieving asshole would vote for somebody who runs on a platform to take money from other people. You know, like the shithead Moon Bats that vote for Clinton and Sanders.

Greed is a despicable motivation for electing government officials. Liberals are despicable greedy people. I think we can all agree on that.

Every human being has a right to medical care

Not at somebody elses expense.
Yes at someone else's expense if they can't afford it themselves

So, if I can't afford health insurance I have a right to force you to buy it for me?

Are you insane?
Yes

I don't want you to suffer

I don't want to see you suffer either. Hardly obligates me or you in any way though.

Well fortunately for our country, the majority are not as callous as you

Last edited:
I have a wife and two young daughters, never had to buy anything with credit or have had to file an insurance claim in my adult life...
Never will

Paid the obstetrician with chickens? Wouldn't get health insurance even if one of your dependents needed care? Remarkable.

Americans have a right to receive medical treatment if they become sick

They also should not lose everything they have saved in their lifetime just because they get sick

We are the wealthiest nation on earth. Most other industrialized nations assure that. We should also

Who says they have that right?? You??

Who the hell are you to tell me or anyone else that they have to pay for medical care for someone?

Ask some of the citizens of those countries about those long waits for medical care. I'm sure there are folks in the UK, Europe and Canada that can tell some horror stories about those waits.
Yes me

As a U.S. citizen, I get to vote for those who think healthcare is a basic right and you get to vote for those who want healthcare to go to the highest bidder

Ask those in Europe how many would rather switch to the U.S. system. You will be laughed at

Correct.

If you rob Peter to pay for Paul, the Paul's of your society generally have no objection.

[Q

Yes, the taxpayers were asked every time they vote. Don't you vote?

Democracy sucks when greedy assholes find out they can use the government to steal for them with 51% of vote. Of course most of the time it is not really a majority but a plurality, which makes it even worse.

All humans should have a Bill of Rights to prevent the government from taking their money and giving it away to somebody else. Don't you agree?

Only a first rate greedy thieving asshole would vote for somebody who runs on a platform to take money from other people. You know, like the shithead Moon Bats that vote for Clinton and Sanders.

Greed is a despicable motivation for electing government officials. Liberals are despicable greedy people. I think we can all agree on that.
quote-taxes-are-the-price-we-pay-for-a-civilized-society-oliver-wendell-holmes-70-62-92.jpg

Not at somebody elses expense.

So, if I can't afford health insurance I have a right to force you to buy it for me?

Are you insane?
Yes

I don't want to see you suffer either. Hardly obligates me or you in any way though.

Callous? Hardly.. what's callous is demanding that your neighbor pay your bills. No, that's just plain fucked up.

They also should not lose everything they have saved in their lifetime just because they get sick

We are the wealthiest nation on earth. Most other industrialized nations assure that. We should also

Who the hell are you to tell me or anyone else that they have to pay for medical care for someone?

Ask some of the citizens of those countries about those long waits for medical care. I'm sure there are folks in the UK, Europe and Canada that can tell some horror stories about those waits.
Yes me

As a U.S. citizen, I get to vote for those who think healthcare is a basic right and you get to vote for those who want healthcare to go to the highest bidder

Ask those in Europe how many would rather switch to the U.S. system. You will be laughed at

Correct.

If you rob Peter to pay for Paul, the Paul's of your society generally have no objection.
You think you are being "robbed" by saving someone's life?

Yes me

Correct.

And believe me... he's a Paul.

Are you insane?
Yes

Callous? Hardly.. what's callous is demanding that your neighbor pay your bills. No, that's just plain fucked up.
Yes, the word is callous

As in not being willing to contribute to save another Americans life

Yes me

Correct.

And believe me... he's a Paul.
What would cause you to think that?

Are you insane?
Yes

Yes, the word is callous

Willing to contribute <> forced to contribute under penalty of law. Who says we don't help in other ways? You know nothing of me.... I just tire of lefties screeching about helping people when it always involves taking things from everybody else.

Anyway, the ACA is a fucking scam, even the IRS can't get the reporting right... it's a typical government monstrosity aimed at fixing a non-existent problem. What the next? The AFA (Affordable Food Act) mandating we all maintain a government mandated supply of health foods? Hell, it's in all our best interests that we eat healthy, right? The the Affordable Clothing Act? The Affordable Water Act?

It never ends...

It is not civilized to steal money by the force of government from those that earn it and give it to the fat ass welfare queens. That is what destroys civilization.

You Liberals are not smart enough to understand that.

When Holmes made that statement the total cost of government was a fraction of the cost it is nowadays. He never would have said that in a country like the US where 40% of the GDP goes for the combined cost of government.

Yes

Yes, the word is callous

Willing to contribute <> forced to contribute under penalty of law. Who says we don't help in other ways? You know nothing of me.... I just tire of lefties screeching about helping people when it always involves taking things from everybody else.

Anyway, the ACA is a fucking scam, even the IRS can't get the reporting right... it's a typical government monstrosity aimed at fixing a non-existent problem. What the next? The AFA (Affordable Food Act) mandating we all maintain a government mandated supply of health foods? Hell, it's in all our best interests that we eat healthy, right? The the Affordable Clothing Act? The Affordable Water Act?

It never ends...
Sorry ...our society does not function on "willing to contribute"

Our schools are not funded by those willing to contribute
Our police and fire departments are not paid by those willing to contribute
Our wars are not paid by those willing to contribute

I tried to answer this "stealing" and "point of a gun" and "force" stuff in the first paragraph. Civilizations choose to pool money to pay for certain services. Those civilizations also choose which services will be pooled and how much to pay for them.
Civilizations choose? What about individuals? don't they have the right to choose what to do with the fruits of their own labor?

And those who feel like Medicare and Medicaid are unconstitutional are certainly welcome to promote candidates who would abolish them.
Where in the Constitution are Medicare and Medicaid authorized?

I'm not going to hold my breath on that. The thought of leaving millions of seniors - many of whom simply do not have the capacity to make complicated decisions any more - is quite immoral to me.
How is that immoral? there is no initiation of force against such people and anybody who chooses can voluntarily provide whatever aid they like to them.

Paying taxes to help those who were not seems perfectly moral to me, and I don't lose a moment of sleep over it.
Well then why would government have to use the threat of force against you (or anybody else) to do it? If it's a moral case shouldn't it be easy to persuade most people to do so voluntarily?
I don't know what to tell ya.

If you pay one penny in taxes, then you're being robbed and forced at the point of a gun. The question is who we vote in, and how low they can keep that oppression. I don't know how many people you can convince to vote out health care for the old, poor and needy.

The point of Constitutionally limited government is to protect our rights irrespective of the winds of democracy. Otherwise the minority is completely at the mercy of the majority.

As I said, a healthier populace is good economics. That's my focus, that's my interest. Since I've not yet had a gun held to my head to pay taxes, I can't speak to that.

It may be your focus and your interest, but it shouldn't be a goal of government. Citizens aren't the employees of government, and government is not our boss. How healthy and industrious we choose to be is none of the state's business.

We have a government limited by a constitution. Too bad for you that it isn't custom made to suit your one in 350 million preference.

Law should never be custom made to suit anyone's preference. It should protect everyone's rights to live their lives according to their own preference, and should protect them equally. Government should be a means of protecting our freedom, not a tool to get your way.

I tried to answer this "stealing" and "point of a gun" and "force" stuff in the first paragraph. Civilizations choose to pool money to pay for certain services. Those civilizations also choose which services will be pooled and how much to pay for them.
Civilizations choose? What about individuals? don't they have the right to choose what to do with the fruits of their own labor?

And those who feel like Medicare and Medicaid are unconstitutional are certainly welcome to promote candidates who would abolish them.
Where in the Constitution are Medicare and Medicaid authorized?

I'm not going to hold my breath on that. The thought of leaving millions of seniors - many of whom simply do not have the capacity to make complicated decisions any more - is quite immoral to me.
How is that immoral? there is no initiation of force against such people and anybody who chooses can voluntarily provide whatever aid they like to them.

Paying taxes to help those who were not seems perfectly moral to me, and I don't lose a moment of sleep over it.
Well then why would government have to use the threat of force against you (or anybody else) to do it? If it's a moral case shouldn't it be easy to persuade most people to do so voluntarily?
I don't know what to tell ya.

If you pay one penny in taxes, then you're being robbed and forced at the point of a gun. The question is who we vote in, and how low they can keep that oppression. I don't know how many people you can convince to vote out health care for the old, poor and needy.

The point of Constitutionally limited government is to protect our rights irrespective of the winds of democracy. Otherwise the minority is completely at the mercy of the majority.

As I said, a healthier populace is good economics. That's my focus, that's my interest. Since I've not yet had a gun held to my head to pay taxes, I can't speak to that.

It may be your focus and your interest, but it shouldn't be a goal of government. Citizens aren't the employees of government, and government is not our boss. How healthy and industrious we choose to be is none of the state's business.

We have a government limited by a constitution. Too bad for you that it isn't custom made to suit your one in 350 million preference.

Law should never be custom made to suit anyone's preference. It should protect everyone's rights to live their lives according to their own preference, and should protect them equally. Government should be a means of protecting our freedom, not a tool to get your way.

It's impossible for government to protect everyone's preference. That's absurd.

Yes, the word is callous

It never ends...

Schools, military and fire departments aren't transfer payments. The assumption is the government isn't entitled to shit.. however, we acknowledge that we need to fight fires, educate children and protect ourselves.

Far cry from forcing me to buy you insurance.

Not to mention the next step in this process is to tax you on your insurance you receive..think about that, forced to carry something so you can pay a tax on it... and a tax on a non cash income item at that.

Fucking lovely.

Yes, the word is callous

It never ends...

Schools, military and fire departments aren't transfer payments. The assumption is the government isn't entitled to shit.. however, we acknowledge that we need to fight fires, educate children and protect ourselves.

Of course they are

I don't use the schools, why should I pay for your kids?
I have never had the police at my house, why should I pay for them?
It's your war...why should I pay for a war I don't support?

Freeloader

Yes, the word is callous

It never ends...

Of course they are

I don't use the schools, why should I pay for your kids?
I have never had the police at my house, why should I pay for them?
It's your war...why should I pay for a war I don't support?

Freeloader

Oh good grief.... that's about the stupidest thing you have ever written... and you have penned some doozies.

Forum List

Back