🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No One Has a Right to Health Care

What is wrong with emotion? You feel as strongly about your stance as Arianrhod is about hers/his.

Jeez, I wish there was a gender neutral pronoun for people.

It's those damn veterans lazing about in hospitals that started this welfare thing. Then to add insult, Washington, that's George, wanted to give some of the officers pensions. Add to that some of the states began taking care of their indigent even to taking care some of the younger kids that couldn't work. Of course, the kids that could work were rented out to employers during the day. A nation that begins like that is on its way to welfare heaven.

Veterans are a different matter.

The government has a constitutional duty to raise armies
Veterans who have been injured have a contractual right to be taken care of just like company XYZ may have a contractual right to pay for the health care of its employees.

That is entirety different from Comrade Sanders who proclaims to provide free healthcare if you just vote for him.

libertarian much?

rdean

Yup. Loads of people have grown up thinking the Govt., i.e. the taxpayers of America, owe them for food, housing and medical care.

If anyone has ever read the Constitution you won't find the word Charity in it anywhere and I doubt the FF envisioned one class of people, the taxpaying class supporting the none taxpaying or freeloader class.

The FF were pretty damned smart and its not their fault that America has loads of freeloaders who feel someone else should bankroll their lives for em.
GFY, Claudette. I am no free loader; I have worked all my life and have never taken a dime from the government even when things were really tough. And I still believe universal healthcare is the only fair and moral solution for our country.

Just who do you think will be paying for that universal HC??

We the taxpayer of course. We will be paying for everyone. That includes the freeloaders. People who can't or won't take care of themselves.

I've never taken a dime of taxpayer money either and have worked my whole life. Just because I have doesn't entitle me to other peoples money for healthcare or anything else for that matter.
. If we had a universal single payer health care system that worked for all, I would be honored and proud to know that I helped people get the best care needed for their sickness. And who is to say that if a person goes without worry to get treatment and get well, that they might become the very person who pays in later to get me the help that I may need when down and out one day due to an illness.

That's nice. Only problem is America is full of freeloaders who take but do nothing to give back.

Oh and BTW Who in their right mind wants the Govt. in charge of HC for 300 million Americans?

A Govt. that has never done anything cheaply or well in its entire history.

A Govt. that turns everything into mounds of paperwork, regulations, red tape and long waits.
. Good points but something has to be done.... Just saying.

Govt. ain't the answer.

There are many charities out there who are there to assist the poor.

The welfare state compels taxpayers and producers to pay for healthcare - but socialized medicine will bankrupt the nation. I mean the US is already bankrupt t---the national debt is over 18 TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTrillion $$$$$.

In 1935 America was led to believe that Social Security would bankrupt the nation, if SS didn't bankrupt us then certainly The New Deal would. If not the New Deal, then we were assured we could not pay for WWII. We even survived Bush doubling the debt and then Reagan tripling the debt. So since the nation was formed how many times has America gone bankrupt?
The debt has been paid off only once and that by a Democratic president.

That might be true if a President could pay off a debt. But as we all know, Presidents don't do that--Congress does that. Give credit where credit is due.
Presidents may not pay off the debt because it has been paid off only once, and Jackson seems to get the credit, not the Congrss. Do we ever blame Obama or other presidents for the debts caused during their administration?
The interesting thing is that no one ever questions how Jackson did it. The payoff had one unfortunate outcome, it caused a depression.

The leftists constantly blame Bush for our debt, blame Reagan for tripling our debt, but credit DumBama with the lowering of deficits even though that didn't take place until after we put Republicans back in charge. And dare anybody blame DumBama for the insane spending that took place once DumBama took office with a Democrat led Congress, they still blame Bush stating DumBama had to spend that money because of him.

Republicans were fully in charge in 2001 when Bush proceeded to bust the budget.

The tech bubble had already burst before Bush took office. That's what busted the budget. You can give Clinton credit for that.

Of course Americans have a right to healthcare

The alternative is......let em die
Thats what I like about you, Nutjobber. It's the constant fallacy in your posts. In this cae the fallacy of false dichotomy. The alternative to gov't provided healthcare is privately provided healthcare. Not letting them die.
. Be nice if could calculate how many have died due to being deemed not worthy or to high a risk and etc. In fact there are horror stories of people dying like animals right there in the ER.

libertarian much?

rdean

The heavily biased Blitzer provided a scenario of someone who can afford health insurance who did not buy insurance.

That's a far cry from free healthcare for crackhead thieves.

Be nice if could calculate how many have died due to being deemed not worthy or to high a risk and etc. In fact there are horror stories of people dying like animals right there in the ER.
Does this not happen in countries with socialized medicine?

Okay, so we end Medicaid and every other government program that to some degree gives people a right to healthcare regardless of their ability to pay.

How does that make America better? Be specific.

It makes america better because then people can spend this money on the healthcare or other services they want, not what the government forces them to pay for. That means private providers will have to compete for their business, and competition is what makes products and services much better and cheaper. Furthermore the mere fact of not being looted by a gang of mooching thugs is an improvement, regardless of any collateral benefits that may result.

Be nice if could calculate how many have died due to being deemed not worthy or to high a risk and etc. In fact there are horror stories of people dying like animals right there in the ER.

You bet it does. Long lines and waiting to get on a list for health care.

Bet some folks in the UK and Europe could tell you some real horror stories about those waits.

GFY, Claudette. I am no free loader; I have worked all my life and have never taken a dime from the government even when things were really tough. And I still believe universal healthcare is the only fair and moral solution for our country.

Just who do you think will be paying for that universal HC??

We the taxpayer of course. We will be paying for everyone. That includes the freeloaders. People who can't or won't take care of themselves.

I've never taken a dime of taxpayer money either and have worked my whole life. Just because I have doesn't entitle me to other peoples money for healthcare or anything else for that matter.
. If we had a universal single payer health care system that worked for all, I would be honored and proud to know that I helped people get the best care needed for their sickness. And who is to say that if a person goes without worry to get treatment and get well, that they might become the very person who pays in later to get me the help that I may need when down and out one day due to an illness.

That's nice. Only problem is America is full of freeloaders who take but do nothing to give back.

Oh and BTW Who in their right mind wants the Govt. in charge of HC for 300 million Americans?

A Govt. that has never done anything cheaply or well in its entire history.

A Govt. that turns everything into mounds of paperwork, regulations, red tape and long waits.
. Good points but something has to be done.... Just saying.

Govt. ain't the answer.

There are many charities out there who are there to assist the poor.
There are not enough. I started two charities, and could barely make a dent in the needs in my community.

Of course Americans have a right to healthcare

The alternative is......let em die

Where does this end? Everyone needs:

• Food
  • Shelter
  • Water
  • Air
  • Love
  • Clothing
  • Transportation
  • Etc., etc.

So they have a right to all of this?

Of course not.. you leftwing nutters crack me up.

Um...most of those they do have a right to

Money can't buy you love

Really? When did this happen? Then why am I still paying for these things if I have a right to them?
. Because you are a contributor to the system and not instead a leech is why. No one wants anything for free, but rather just a more righteous and morally run system than it is now.

Bet some folks in the UK and Europe could tell you some real horror stories about those waits.

yes. but it's better to wait on line for health care than to have no health care.

people with money can still pay for their own private treatment.

although...I thought we were talking about the ACA, not socialized medicine.

. We are not the UK or elsewhere, and we should lead instead of follow. We can do better..

Its a right as long as you can pay for it.

So people with end-stage renal disease like the poster in Post #224 should just die?

Babies born with heart defects should just die?

Who else would you pass judgment on?

Their problems are their own. They aren't my responsibility or the taxpayers of America's responsibility.

Its not passing judgment moron. Its stating a fact.

People are responsible for themselves.
. This is where your failing friend..

What do you mean WE can do better??

Since people are responsible for themselves its up to them to do better.

So people with end-stage renal disease like the poster in Post #224 should just die?

Babies born with heart defects should just die?

Who else would you pass judgment on?

Their problems are their own. They aren't my responsibility or the taxpayers of America's responsibility.

Its not passing judgment moron. Its stating a fact.

People are responsible for themselves.
. This is where your failing friend..

I'm not failing at all. I've never failed at anything I've set out to do in my life.

If you don't agree with my take on things then good for you. Its a free country pal.

I don't give a crap whether it is a "right". I don't care if some people think it is "moral".

Providing at least preventive, diagnostic and basic health care services identifies problems early and saves money in the long run. It's good economics.

Expand the current, already-working personal Medicare/Medicare Supplement/Medicare Advantage program to all.

Take a massive cost/administration monkey off the backs of American business. Take a massive cost/administration monkey off the backs of insurers by relieving them of paying for the lower-end services. Rid us of the SEVEN (7) different delivery/payment systems we have right now, none of which coordinate directly with the other. Maintain a robust, dynamic, competitive insurance environment.

Both parties have completely failed us on this.
Untrue. The first and only time the Democrats were able to use reconciliation they used it on health care. The GOP used it three times. And all three times was to redistribute the wealth of the nation to the top 1%.

I wish these people would stop saying the two parties are the same. They are worlds apart.

and yet every other civilized country makes sure that it's people receive health care.

in this country people pay for it and then get canceled as soon as they need it.
If every other civilized country decided the moon was made out of cheese, it doesn't make it true.

Free health care is not a right. Free health care is a gift taken by force from someone else.
. Under Obama Care (true), but under other programs it could be much better. Problem with greed is that it knows no bounds until someone checks it here and there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back