‘No one in the US should be retiring at 65’: Ben Shapiro said Social Security was not designed to provide retirement benefits for 20+ years

When I enlisted, the retirement was paid out after twenty years--in my case, I would have been 37. Somewhere in the mid 70s, that changed and you could retire from the military at 37, but you couldn't collect until age 55. I'm not sure what the law is anymore.

It was never the way you describe.

I joined the Navy in the 70's, retired in the late 90's at 38 and have drawn my retainer/pension since retirement.

You may be confusing, and it's easy to do, the retirement programs for active duty and reservists.

WW

we pay it all. They are GOVT employees, correct?

FERS employees? No.

Part is funded from the employee who makes contributions from their earnings, then there is an employing agency match.

Once earned it their contribution is coming out of their money.

(Now you can quibble about taxpayers paying the initial pay check. Have at it.)

WW

Last edited:
If they were added to SS, then SS would have integrate those people into SS and it would actually cost SS MORE to then pay benefits to those State and Municipal employees then would be received in additional revenue.
So how is that different than my private employer-sponsored pension plan that pays more than SS. I still paid into SS and I am able to collect SS. I see it as a giveaway for gov't employees. Take for example a public school teacher in CA. Said teacher is paid from age 21 to age 52 (31 years) on STRS. The employee leaves the public school system at 52 and becomes an administrator with a salary of $100K+ in private school and pays into SS for 40 quarters. The teacher then retires and collects the STRS pension and very high (by SS standards) SS pension as well. State and municipal workers are no different from anyone in the private sector and they should have to pay into SS.

Your reply is to a post stating "conspiracy theory alert!' and you respond to an imaginary argument?

Not sure who Rodd Perot is, but let's assume you mean Ross Perot. He was seriously invested in conspiracy theories.
Like Trump claims to be the only one speaking truth. :abgg2q.jpg:

SS is still here.

Try delving into a few facts before your next post.
Rodd Perot?
I have no idea who that is?

When I enlisted, the retirement was paid out after twenty years--in my case, I would have been 37. Somewhere in the mid 70s, that changed and you could retire from the military at 37, but you couldn't collect until age 55. I'm not sure what the law is anymore.

That has never been the law. You are mistaken.

Yup, you can. It is solely based on your highest 40 quarters of earnings. If you never worked more than 40 quarters, you would receive the same benefit as someone who earned the same amount in their highest years even if they worked 40 years. That is what makes SS a ponzi scheme.
That’s not correct

Yup, you can. It is solely based on your highest 40 quarters of earnings. If you never worked more than 40 quarters, you would receive the same benefit as someone who earned the same amount in their highest years even if they worked 40 years. That is what makes SS a ponzi scheme.
Nope
It would in fact be a scam to allow just 10 years of contribution, 40 quarters, and max out the same as a person who contributed for 40 years, 160 quarters..

Like it or not, he's right.
It obviously is a huge political football, but going forward this country will be forced to make adjustments to the age for full benefits.
Right now, I would change it from 67 to 69, and every three years going forward, I would increase it by one year until the age of 75. Then, reevaluate every two years and make adjustments if necessary.

‘No one in the US should be retiring at 65’: Ben Shapiro said Social Security was not designed to provide retirement benefits for 20+ years — and those who expect that are ‘crazy’​

“Not designed” means it wasn’t thought through.

I’ve said it before, the minute they forced me to pay into it, was the minute I deserved every penny promised. And that promise did not come with a time limit.

“Not designed” means it wasn’t thought through.

I’ve said it before, the minute they forced me to pay into it, was the minute I deserved every penny promised. And that promise did not come with a time limit.
I believe that whatever the law was when you made your first contribution should be the law that you collect under. A contract was entered into and when the government increased the full retirement age to 66 2/3 yrs, they breached the contract that was previously 65 for full retirement. But what are we to do. Can't sue city hall.

lol, I’m fine with Jenner , but that’s just knowing that he is bigger than Shapiro. I’d like to see how Jenner would have reacted if that were Joe Rogan sitting in the chair next to him….im sure that would have been a totally different ending.

But, I do like that you chose to use someone being threatened with violence as your method of proving a point…that’s pretty good lol.
I doubt Rogan would've been so disrespectful. You don't get it, but then again you're probably just another weaselly little bully like Ben.

and that is not Jenner, that is Zoey Tur. You can't even follow a simple video. You're an imbecile - proven.

Tur is tough as nails and allowed Ben to go for a few, then finally had to put him in his place.

Last edited:
FERS employees? No.

Part is funded from the employee who makes contributions from their earnings, then there is an employing agency match.

Once earned it their contribution is coming out of their money.

(Now you can quibble about taxpayers paying the initial pay check. Have at it.)

WW
Yes, we fund the GOVT. Therefore every dollar is our TAX funded dillars. Ir orinted ir borrowed, deeply sighing.

Forum List

Back