No Sea Level Rise says Isle of the Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest from NSIDC.org

The first three weeks of February saw little ice growth, but extent rose during the last week of the month primarily due to growth in the Sea of Okhotsk (180,000 square kilometers or 70,000 square miles) and to a lesser extent in Baffin Bay (35,000 square kilometers or 13,500 square miles). Extent is presently below average in the Barents and Kara seas, as well as the Bering Sea and the East Greenland Sea. Extent decreased in the Barents and East Greenland seas during the month of February. In other regions, such as the Sea of Okhotsk, Baffin Bay, and the Labrador Sea, ice conditions are near average to slightly above average for this time of year. An exception is the Gulf of St. Lawrence, which remains largely ice free.

In the Antarctic, sea ice reached its minimum extent for the year on February 19, averaging 2.6 million square kilometers (1 million square miles). It is the ninth lowest Antarctic sea ice minimum extent in the satellite record.
Great, the Sea Ice GREW in February, as your link states. Who's side you arguing?

Growth is growth, despite the headline.

N_stddev_timeseries_thumb.png

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Well below the two sigma mark, and the melt season will start in about two weeks. Looks like this will be the first year that the ice does not reach 13 million square kilometer mark.

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/IMAGES/seaice.area.arctic.png

N_stddev_timeseries_thumb.png

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Well below the two sigma mark, and the melt season will start in about two weeks. Looks like this will be the first year that the ice does not reach 13 million square kilometer mark.

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/IMAGES/seaice.area.arctic.png
yet no sea level rise, in relation to the Isle of the Dead benchmark. At least we know we have no worries about the ice melting and flooding our cities

Which means, of course, that there are vast areas that are way below normal. Old girl, you are demonstrating a room temperature IQ.

Which means, of course, that there are vast areas that are way below normal. Old girl, you are demonstrating a room temperature IQ.
Thanks, my thread is about, "no sea level rise". And the fact that you agree vast areas are way below normal makes me question, who's side are you on?

Did you miss the fact that he was talking about sea ice extents or were you hoping no one else remembers two posts back?

Did you miss the fact that he was talking about sea ice extents or were you hoping no one else remembers two posts back?
I missed no facts, Old Crock stated that the Sea Level was below normal, had Old Crock meant otherwise in a Sea Level thread he would of posted as such.

Crick, your thoughts are like a baby boy's

No, dumb lying little fuck, that is not at all what I stated in post # 88.

Elektra's post # 87;

In other regions, such as the Sea of Okhotsk, Baffin Bay, and the Labrador Sea, ice conditions are near average to slightly above average for this time of year.

My post in reply, # 88;

Now how do you twist that to mean sea level? The subject was ice.

No, dumb lying little fuck, that is not at all what I stated in post # 88.
Elektra's post # 87;
In other regions, such as the Sea of Okhotsk, Baffin Bay, and the Labrador Sea, ice conditions are near average to slightly above average for this time of year.
My post in reply, # 88;

Now how do you twist that to mean sea level? The subject was ice.

Oh, the subject was ice, I forgot that was what I meant when I titled the thread, "NO SEA LEVEL RISE SAYS THE ISLE OF THE DEAD

Say what you mean Old Crock, it is that simple, I would say easy as PIE (inside joke). So, some regions are above average and some are below average, and if you do that math (easy as pie), they come out as average.

No Sea Level Rise says Isle of the Dead....
No Sea Level Rise says Isle of the Brain-Dead...AKA Denierstan Bizarro-world....where up is down and black is white and our heads are safely tucked into our asses....
You say your head is in your ass, do you think about what you post or is it all just off the top of your head from within your rectal canal?

No Sea Level Rise says Isle of the Brain-Dead...AKA Denierstan Bizarro-world....
where up is down and black is white and our heads are safely tucked into our asses....
You say your head is in your ass, do you think about what you post or is it all just off the top of your head from within your rectal canal?

Nope! As usual, Ejakulatra, your retarded inability to understand what you read has betrayed you.....I SAID that you denier cult retards on the Isle of the Brain-Dead...AKA Denierstan Bizarro-World, have your heads tucked safely up your asses where the nasty real world can't upset your demented delusions.

No Sea Level Rise says Isle of the Brain-Dead...AKA Denierstan Bizarro-world....
where up is down and black is white and our heads are safely tucked into our asses....

Nope! As usual, Ejakulatra, your retarded inability to understand what you read has betrayed you.....I SAID that you denier cult retards on the Isle of the Brain-Dead...AKA Denierstan Bizarro-World, have your heads tucked safely up your asses where the nasty real world can't upset your demented delusions.

How do you explain this? No significant rise, despite the Doomsday claims of Global Warming nuts.
C3: Xtra Catg: Are Oceans Rising

Using the satellite observations, compiled by the leading sea level research group's site, one can download sea surface height anomalies from the beginning of the 21st century. This empirical evidence should clarify if civilization's massive CO2 emissions over the last 15+ years have caused a dangerous sea rise surge of ever higher waves.

And it does clarify.

• Image 'A' above shows 32 ocean locations that were downloaded for this analysis. (There are four corner locations for each island region.)
  • Image 'B' contains the plots of each island region's average sea surface anomalies (monthly increase/decrease). While the sea heights can very significantly, the overall trend from the average anomalies(see dark green curve) is an underwhelming +1.8 mm/year - that translates to per century trend of 7.2 inches/century (the bright red trend line).
  • Image 'C' is the 3-year (36-mth) simple moving averages from the same anomaly datasets of 'B'. Again, the 3-year trends show variation, but for the most part, within a tight band.
  • Image 'D' is a plot of the datasets' fitted trends, which better show the increase/decrease cycle of the anomalies, which is difficult to discern from image 'B'. These trends reveal a similar up/down pattern that was evident in the prior analysis of the longer record from the tidal gauges.
The empirical evidence is rather convincing when it comes to a lack of rapidly rising sea heights around Pacific islands and atolls.

With that said, there indeed may be certain Pacific regions and specific island situations that are experiencing a greater acceleration of rising sea levels. But one would be hard-pressed to claim a unique location (or several) represents the result of CO2-induced global climate change when scientific measurement-reality obviously indicates accelerating, doomsday sea level rise is not a global phenomenon.

Why are we wasting our time looking at sea level trends at specific locations? Has the Earths population all moved to Wake Island while no one was looking?

Here is the data we need to look at. Yours is meaningless.

sl_ns_global.png

Why are we wasting our time looking at sea level trends at specific locations? Has the Earths population all moved to Wake Island while no one was looking?

Here is the data we need to look at. Yours is meaningless.

sl_ns_global.png
nice graph, but the fact is the water isn't rising. So a pretty little graph. Did you color it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back