No shootings at parochial schools. Why? What are they doing right?

What are Catholic/private schools doing right that Public schools are not?

• More discipline

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Religious teaching

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • High tuition

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • More parental involvement

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Strict dress code

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Well, when you've got two separate populations with an obvious deficit, it's a good starting place to look into other correlations.

Makes me wonder about the percentage of kids on antidepressants in private vs public schools.

Its not the percentage of kids on antidepressants, but the number of shooters that were on them. That is a MAJOR factor in mass school shootings:.
The Role of Psychiatric Medications in School Shootings Medications and fatherlessness are factors
Antidepressants Are a Prescription for Mass Shootings – Citizens Commission on Human Rights, CCHR Antidepressants are a major factor
Prescription For Violence: The Corresponding Rise of Antidepressants, SSRIs & Mass Shootings - The Libertarian Institute Antidepressants again

OK, so it looks like antidepressants are a MAJOR factor in public school shootings. No clue how many Catholic vs Public school kids use them????

How many school shootings would there be if no kids took any type of antidepressant?

One momemt - you give kids antidepressants? I hope extremely seldom or much more exrtemly seldom than only most extremely seldom.

There would likely be an explosion of school shootings for all of those depressed kids not on any medication!

Good grief. No wonder that the USA is full of drug addicts.

With every post, you just show how little you know about this country. Why don't you sit back and learn because everything you have posted so far has been wrong?

Why should I know something about the USA? You are the US-American, not so I. But I have the feeling, if I like to know something about the USA, it could be you are the wrong person for my questions, because you are a propagator of rhethoric nonsense. But who is not a propagator of rhethoric nonsense in the USA?

Nevertheless it is a crime to give children antidepressants - except on very extremely seldom reasons under full control of high qualified doctors. You are misusing by the way also opioids in your clinics. This too produces drug addicts.

Why should you know something about the US? Because you are posting on a US Message Board. All you are doing is posting ignorant comments. I guess the smart play would be for everyone to ignore you.

Its not the percentage of kids on antidepressants, but the number of shooters that were on them. That is a MAJOR factor in mass school shootings:.
The Role of Psychiatric Medications in School Shootings Medications and fatherlessness are factors
Antidepressants Are a Prescription for Mass Shootings – Citizens Commission on Human Rights, CCHR Antidepressants are a major factor
Prescription For Violence: The Corresponding Rise of Antidepressants, SSRIs & Mass Shootings - The Libertarian Institute Antidepressants again

OK, so it looks like antidepressants are a MAJOR factor in public school shootings. No clue how many Catholic vs Public school kids use them????

How many school shootings would there be if no kids took any type of antidepressant?

One momemt - you give kids antidepressants? I hope extremely seldom or much more exrtemly seldom than only most extremely seldom.

There would likely be an explosion of school shootings for all of those depressed kids not on any medication!

With every post, you just show how little you know about this country. Why don't you sit back and learn because everything you have posted so far has been wrong?

Why should I know something about the USA? You are the US-American, not so I. But I have the feeling, if I like to know something about the USA, it could be you are the wrong person for my questions, because you are a propagator of rhethoric nonsense. But who is not a propagator of rhethoric nonsense in the USA?

Nevertheless it is a crime to give children antidepressants - except on very extremely seldom reasons under full control of high qualified doctors. You are misusing by the way also opioids in your clinics. This too produces drug addicts.

Why should you know something about the US? Because you are posting on a US Message Board.

I try only to find a way how mankind could come in a situation again, where it is not inevitable any longer, that mankind dies out. The USA seems to be a key in this question - but I still don't know why.

All you are doing is posting ignorant comments.

Do you not feel like an idiot yourselve, when you say such a totally unqualified nonsense like someone, who likes to play to be a male alpha ape?

I guess the smart play would be for everyone to ignore you.

You do anyway not [like to] understand anything what a stranger says to you. So ignore what I say and take a bigger machine gun. That's enough plausible argument in the USA.

Last edited:

Why should you know something about the US? Because you are posting on a US Message Board.

I try only to find a way how mankind could come in a situation again, where it is not inevitable any longer, that mankind dies out. The USA seems to be a key in this question - but I still don't know why.

Do you not feel like an idiot yourselve, when you say such a totally unqualified nonsense like someone, who likes to play to be a male alpha ape?

You do anyway not [like to] understand anything what a stranger says to you. So ignore what I say and take a bigger machine gun. That's enough plausible argument in the USA.

Goodbye Adolf!

I was curious if any school shootings happened at Catholic schools, so far there were none. There were about 200 public school shootings since 2000.
This is significant since about 25% of US students attend Catholic/private schools. Should public schools learn from what Catholic schools are doing right? Maybe buying bullet-proof backpacks isn't the answer?

Catholic schools, spared from mass school shootings, remain vigilant

Lets take a poll...
I have a better one for you most schools in the world never had a mass shooting....crazy huh? Guess why? most of those countries have super strict gun laws, and in most cases no love for guns. The problem with america and Americans they are still stuck in the 18th century, both mentalities need to change, laws and also the Constitution.
Actually it is us who changed. We fogged up improvements with human rights with a massive reduction of sensible human behavior and lower IQ's.

Goodbye Adolf!

And now you got a very serios problem with god, because you called someone, who lost lots of famliy members in the Holocaust, a murderer of his own people. And believe me: God is not a joker in such questions. The strange thing is that you had to ask me now to forgive you this derailment. But you will not ask.

Last edited:
Tighter security.

Strict standards of who can attend.
Not sure what you mean "strict standards of who can attend"? If you pay the tuition you're in, Jews, Protestants, anyone.
Not sure where you're from, but it doesnt work like that around here. Private schools mostly have entry exams.
Bullshit. My nephew went to a private school. They didn't have any entrance exams. That's a leftwing myth.

I was curious if any school shootings happened at Catholic schools, so far there were none. There were about 200 public school shootings since 2000.
This is significant since about 25% of US students attend Catholic/private schools. Should public schools learn from what Catholic schools are doing right? Maybe buying bullet-proof backpacks isn't the answer?

Lets take a poll...

Well, when you've got two separate populations with an obvious deficit, it's a good starting place to look into other correlations.

Makes me wonder about the percentage of kids on antidepressants in private vs public schools.

How many school shootings would there be if no kids took any type of antidepressant? There would likely be an explosion of school shootings for all of those depressed kids not on any medication!
I posted links showing the connection between shooters and anti-depressants.
You have not shown a credible link showing that more shooters would happen without the anti-depressants.
Please read thru the above links before spewing/postulating outcomes....

Lets take a poll...

How many school shootings would there be if no kids took any type of antidepressant? There would likely be an explosion of school shootings for all of those depressed kids not on any medication!
You have not shown a credible link showing that more shooters would happen without the anti-depressants.
Why do you always make faulty inferences, with data?

This one's pretty simple.

Almost 0% of fatherless households become "shooters," so correlation is there but cannot be linked as causation ~ else we'd have what at least would rise to a "trend" in the population of fatherless households. Close to 0% of them becoming shooters is not a "trend," you're looking backwards at the data and it's yet another flawed inference. I'll bet 100% of the shooters drink water, too. Causation? No, mere correlation.
The side effects of anti-depressants causing "violent/manic" behavior occur in very few, which is why the drugs have been approved in the first place whereas depression, in and of itself, causes manic behavior as well. It's an assumption that there would be more shooters without anti-depressants, no doubt, but to think there's going to be some magical link to what one might consider deductive reasoning - is odd. I don't think that anyone would dispute that depression often leads to manic behavior, that's pretty established. Are you disputing this? There's certainly links for THAT.

Last edited:
Tighter security.

Not sure what you mean "strict standards of who can attend"? If you pay the tuition you're in, Jews, Protestants, anyone.
Not sure where you're from, but it doesnt work like that around here. Private schools mostly have entry exams.
Bullshit. My nephew went to a private school. They didn't have any entrance exams. That's a leftwing myth.
So your nephew's 1 experience proves some invisible username on the internet is "bullshit?"

Bripat, why do you remain consistent as the dumbest, most shat on poster here?

You KNOW you can look up entry requirements for probably EVERY private school there is, don't you? Google your fat fingers next time instead of (angrily, as usual) spouting off about ONE CHILD'S school. WTF

Lets take a poll...

A little apples and oranges there, you ask about Catholic schools, but cite numbers for Catholic/private schools.

Not saying you are not on to something, but that is a little muddled there.

Were there no shooting in any PRIVATE schools, at all? What percentage of schools are catholic?

The link I found said that "the vast majority" of private schools are Catholic. You can google it if you want more precise numbers.
But due to tuition, attendance is dropping off recently, so look at numbers 10-20 years ago.

In the North, maybe, but in the South, the vast majority of private schools are Protestant.

Tighter security.

Perhaps your nephew's school did not, but the good ones do. I think that speaks for the quality of education he may have received.

Regardless, if you don't pass in a privates school, they kick you to the curb.

Tighter security.

My elementary aged children attend a private Christian school. They didn't have an entrance exam per-se. They were interviewed for about 1 hour by the admisssions director and were asked a series of questions to evaluate their academic apptitude. Of course their grades from their previous private school were also sent.

Lets take a poll...

Logic and statistics are not your strong suit.

I cannot prove something does not exist.

Lets take a poll...

Because most kids who go to those have moms and dads.

Lets take a poll...

A little apples and oranges there, you ask about Catholic schools, but cite numbers for Catholic/private schools.

Were there no shooting in any PRIVATE schools, at all? What percentage of schools are catholic?

The link I found said that "the vast majority" of private schools are Catholic. You can google it if you want more precise numbers.
But due to tuition, attendance is dropping off recently, so look at numbers 10-20 years ago.

In the North, maybe, but in the South, the vast majority of private schools are Protestant.

Where did you get that information? I taught in public schools in the south and finding a private Protestant Christian School was like finding a gold nugget.

In my area, there is one private Christian (Protestant) school, and more Catholic Schools (K-8) than you can shake a stick at! In recent years, the Catholic high schools have concentrated in the urban areas, but in one county where I taught, the K-8 Catholic school was the largest school in the county with no major cities.

Lets take a poll...

Almost 0% of fatherless households become "shooters," so correlation is there but cannot be linked as causation ~ else we'd have what at least would rise to a "trend" in the population of fatherless households. Close to 0% of them becoming shooters is not a "trend," you're looking backwards at the data and it's yet another flawed inference. I'll bet 100% of the shooters drink water, too. Causation? No, mere correlation.
The side effects of anti-depressants causing "violent/manic" behavior occur in very few, which is why the drugs have been approved in the first place whereas depression, in and of itself, causes manic behavior as well. It's an assumption that there would be more shooters without anti-depressants, no doubt, but to think there's going to be some magical link to what one might consider deductive reasoning - is odd. I don't think that anyone would dispute that depression often leads to manic behavior, that's pretty established. Are you disputing this? There's certainly links for THAT.
A good friend of mine went to a catholic high school. No entrance exam. The kid down the street went to a catholic high school. No entrance exam. His parents sent him to that high school because he was such a fuck up.

GG's claim that private schools get a better class of student doesn't jib with the empirical evidence. He's just as much of a lying douchebag as you.

A good friend of mine went to a catholic high school. No entrance exam. The kid down the street went to a catholic high school. No entrance exam. His parents sent him to that high school because he was such a fuck up.

GG's claim that private schools get a better class of student doesn't jib with the empirical evidence. He's just as much of a lying douchebag as you.
You consider a few people that you know as "evidence," and that my friend is why you had a go fund me that raised exactly zero dollars, and became the laugh of the board :itsok:

Tighter security.

Perhaps your nephew's school did not, but the good ones do. I think that speaks for the quality of education he may have received.

Regardless, if you don't pass in a privates school, they kick you to the curb.
By "good," you mean the elite schools that cost tens of thousand of dollars and can afford to be picky. Most private schools don't have that luxury.

You consider a few people that you know as "evidence," and that my friend is why you had a go fund me that raised exactly zero dollars, and became the laugh of the board :itsok:
You must be a sock for one of the morons I used to kick around all the time.

I have three examples, and none of them required entrance exams. Other than petulant bleating, where's your evidence?

Lets take a poll...

Where did you get that information? I taught in public schools in the south and finding a private Protestant Christian School was like finding a gold nugget.

In my area, there is one private Christian (Protestant) school, and more Catholic Schools (K-8) than you can shake a stick at! In recent years, the Catholic high schools have concentrated in the urban areas, but in one county where I taught, the K-8 Catholic school was the largest school in the county with no major cities.

Not sure where you lived, but I where I am it isn't even close. There are not nearly as many Catholic schools or churches as Protestant. It really isn't even close. Catholics generally reside in the North and of course many immigrants. You won't find many born and bred Southerners who are Catholic.

The largest city in my state has over 3 times the number of private Christian schools than Catholic ones. The discrepancy is even greater in the next 2 largest cities in my state.

Forum List

Back