No shootings at parochial schools. Why? What are they doing right?

What are Catholic/private schools doing right that Public schools are not?

• More discipline

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Religious teaching

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • High tuition

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • More parental involvement

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Strict dress code

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
You've been given links to shootings at private schools. Not only that, but catholic ones, and after 2000.

Of the 4 or 5 links, you dismissed one because it was a teacher/suicide.

You were made aware that...if we are to EXCLUDE those types, the number is NO WHERE NEAR 200 since 2000.

You were also advised of how poorly your inferences are, regarding statistics ... and why

Conclusion: ya cant fix mother fuggin stupid, on the internet
Conclusion: you can't explain the data, or don't like the answer!
You keep whining about the 200 number instead of comparing a significant NUMBER of shootings to ZERO shootings.
This thread is about trying to rationalize the following data:
1. The last (XXX) school shootings were at public schools, by public school students
2. There are about 26,000 public schools in the US and about 11,000 private/Catholic schools in the US, or about 29% non-public schools
3. Is there a reason why the shootings all were at public schools by public school students and not at private/Catholic schools?
4. If it was simply random chance the p-value would be 5% or less. Since the non-public schools number about 29% of the total number of schools, the result is statistically significant, i.e. not "null" or random. The question remains, "why have there been no shootings at private/Catholic schools?"
5. Is it anti-depressants? Religious teaching? A better home life? More discipline and structure? The gun culture & video games? Why fewer (or no) shootings?
Fewer because its a statistical rarity to happen to begin with, and youre not compounding that rarity with the 5%, a rarity as well, to come to the proper conclusion...

but thats all irrelevant now anyways, since the OP is in error and there were a bunch of shootings since 2000 at private schools, and in order to even know if 5% of the total number of those were at private schools, we must first establish the criteria of what YOU consider a school shooting...because YOU dismissed a teacher murder/suicide, and if we EXCLUDE those types of shootings, our root number is closer to 134 than 200 and the 5% is even closer to reality.

Im done with this droolish derp shit. 99.996% of public schools do whatever in your imagination is causing shootings not to happen, thats an inconvenient fact for your religious agenda/dogma. :thup:
You're quitting because he's whipping your ass.

Where is the evidence for these supposed mass shootings in private schools?
i linked a whole mess of them in this thread already, dipshit.

kyzr ignored that, and he also has fuckin google, one would presume, to find some of his own.

problem is, theres not some central database of public bs private shootings, theres a few ppl put together independently, you need to look for local news articles and you can find a slew of shootings at private schools.
Where?

read the thread, there are multiple links to them.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
You've been given links to shootings at private schools. Not only that, but catholic ones, and after 2000.

Of the 4 or 5 links, you dismissed one because it was a teacher/suicide.

You were made aware that...if we are to EXCLUDE those types, the number is NO WHERE NEAR 200 since 2000.

You were also advised of how poorly your inferences are, regarding statistics ... and why

Conclusion: ya cant fix mother fuggin stupid, on the internet
You keep whining about the 200 number instead of comparing a significant NUMBER of shootings to ZERO shootings.
1. The last (XXX) school shootings were at public schools, by public school students
2. There are about 26,000 public schools in the US and about 11,000 private/Catholic schools in the US, or about 29% non-public schools
3. Is there a reason why the shootings all were at public schools by public school students and not at private/Catholic schools?
4. If it was simply random chance the p-value would be 5% or less. Since the non-public schools number about 29% of the total number of schools, the result is statistically significant, i.e. not "null" or random. The question remains, "why have there been no shootings at private/Catholic schools?"
5. Is it anti-depressants? Religious teaching? A better home life? More discipline and structure? The gun culture & video games? Why fewer (or no) shootings?
Fewer because its a statistical rarity to happen to begin with, and youre not compounding that rarity with the 5%, a rarity as well, to come to the proper conclusion...

but thats all irrelevant now anyways, since the OP is in error and there were a bunch of shootings since 2000 at private schools, and in order to even know if 5% of the total number of those were at private schools, we must first establish the criteria of what YOU consider a school shooting...because YOU dismissed a teacher murder/suicide, and if we EXCLUDE those types of shootings, our root number is closer to 134 than 200 and the 5% is even closer to reality.

Im done with this droolish derp shit. 99.996% of public schools do whatever in your imagination is causing shootings not to happen, thats an inconvenient fact for your religious agenda/dogma. :thup:

kyzr ignored that, and he also has fuckin google, one would presume, to find some of his own.

problem is, theres not some central database of public bs private shootings, theres a few ppl put together independently, you need to look for local news articles and you can find a slew of shootings at private schools.
Where?
Im not here for your pleasure, bripat.

If youd like to bet permabans that I havent posted links to shootings at private schools, Id be glad to call the mod of your choice in here to referee that bet. I have posted said links.

This is my agreement to that ^ exact bet. Now, if youre big tough mr bripat, take the bet or shut the fuck up :thup:ill wait

I was curious if any school shootings happened at Catholic schools, so far there were none. There were about 200 public school shootings since 2000.
This is significant since about 25% of US students attend Catholic/private schools. Should public schools learn from what Catholic schools are doing right? Maybe buying bullet-proof backpacks isn't the answer?

Catholic schools, spared from mass school shootings, remain vigilant

Lets take a poll...

Given that hundreds of thousands of boys were raped by priests, you would think there would be lots of those grown boys coming back and shooting the schools and parishes up.

Public school teachers sexually assaulted more children than priests have and you are forced to send your kids to those schools...

No one is forced to attend public schools. You are forced to attend school, not just public schools. Private school and home schooling are optional.
You are forced to pay for them, whether your kids attend them or not.

Where?

If youd like to bet permabans that I havent posted links to shootings at private schools, Id be glad to call the mod of your choice in here to referee that bet. I have posted said links.

This is my agreement to that ^ exact bet. Now, if youre big tough mr bripat, take the bet or shut the fuck up :thup:ill wait
I'm just asking you to tell me where I can find them so I can examine the quality of your evidence.

Not sure what you mean "strict standards of who can attend"? If you pay the tuition you're in, Jews, Protestants, anyone.

They have strict standards of who can attend, it is not just about money. Grades. Discipline issue. Learning disabilities. All can be denied attendance to their schools.

And perhaps, "all" contribute to dodging the types of problem kids that turn into shooters?

Of course they do. Public schools are not allowed to do those things.

Seems kind of a quick jump. Is it all of them, or just three of them? Can we learn from this and apply a lesson to make public schools safer?

Should public schools have entrance exams?

Should public schools be allowed to refuse kids with learning disabilities?

What percentage of public schools have had a shooting at them?
Public schools send kids with learning disabilities to schools designed to handle them. It's stupid to mix such students in with the general population.

The percentage of public schools that have had mass shootings is far greater then the percentage of private schools that have had them.

Where?

I'm just asking you to tell me where I can find them so I can examine the quality of your evidence.

They are in this thread. Read it and you will find them

Where?

And Im telling you...

1. if you want to claim that i havent posted them, id be glad to wager permabans with the mod of your choice that i have posted them...so, go for it if you think im bluffing put your boardname where your mouth is.

2. Ive told you i already that did the work of posting them once. if youre gunna come in here like a big mouth and brag about how the thread is going without...yannow...READING it first, and havent seen them...then why the fuck should *I*, the person you said it wasnt going well for in light of accusing me of posting no links....humor your epic failure/retardation and find it for you?

Do you wipe your own ass or what?

Where?

Sad thing is, bigmouth middle finger already commented on how the threads going.

Figures!

usmb is awesome

And perhaps, "all" contribute to dodging the types of problem kids that turn into shooters?

Seems kind of a quick jump. Is it all of them, or just three of them? Can we learn from this and apply a lesson to make public schools safer?

How many lives would be saved, if we did that, vs how many kids would lose out opportunities if we did that?

Tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands would lose out on opportunities and this year it would have saved 7 lives.

Answer me this, if the problem lies with the public schools, why is it only 0.004% of public schools have a shooting each year?

If a low percentage means there is no problem, then why are turds like you even whining about mass shootings?

Where?

Sad thing is, bigmouth middle finger already commented on how the threads going.

Figures!

usmb is awesome
Apparently that's supposed to mean something.

Public schools send kids with learning disabilities to schools designed to handle them. It's stupid to mix such students in with the general population.

Nope, they sure do not unless they are sever handicaps. You have no clue what you are talking about.

The percentage of public schools that have had mass shootings is far greater then the percentage of private schools that have had them.

Well, the percentage of public schools that have had mass shootings is 0.004%. Since you made the claim, what is the percent for private schools?

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

How many lives would be saved, if we did that, vs how many kids would lose out opportunities if we did that?

Tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands would lose out on opportunities and this year it would have saved 7 lives.

Answer me this, if the problem lies with the public schools, why is it only 0.004% of public schools have a shooting each year?

If a low percentage means there is no problem, then why are turds like you even whining about mass shootings?

Feel free to point to a post of me whining about mass shootings.

Where?

And Im telling you...

1. if you want to claim that i havent posted them, id be glad to wager permabans with the mod of your choice that i have posted them...so, go for it if you think im bluffing put your boardname where your mouth is.

2. Ive told you i already that did the work of posting them once. if youre gunna come in here like a big mouth and brag about how the thread is going without...yannow...READING it first, and havent seen them...then why the fuck should *I*, the person you said it wasnt going well for in light of accusing me of posting no links....humor your epic failure/retardation and find it for you?

Do you wipe your own ass or what?
I never claimed you didn't post them. I just don't want to read through this entire thread to find them. There's only so much of your idiocy I can take.

Yes, why should liberal start banning semi automatic weapons when only .004% of public schools have a shooting each year? In the inner cities, where more murders are committed, it is the handgun that not only is banned, but used to kill others. Thank you for telling the truth about liberals and their gun grab.
They painted themselves into a corner.

Nope, they sure do not unless they are sever handicaps. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Well, the percentage of public schools that have had mass shootings is 0.004%. Since you made the claim, what is the percent for private schools?
0.0%

There obviously has to be some cutoff on how bad their problem has to be before they are sent to a special school. They have special classes for the kids that don't go to special schools.

0.0%

There obviously has to be some cutoff on how bad their problem has to be before they are sent to a special school. They have special classes for the kids that don't go to special schools.[/QUOTE]

yep, you still have no clue what you are talking about. That and you lie about the percent. you are in fine form today

I was curious if any school shootings happened at Catholic schools, so far there were none. There were about 200 public school shootings since 2000.
This is significant since about 25% of US students attend Catholic/private schools. Should public schools learn from what Catholic schools are doing right? Maybe buying bullet-proof backpacks isn't the answer?

Catholic schools, spared from mass school shootings, remain vigilant

Lets take a poll...

Given that hundreds of thousands of boys were raped by priests, you would think there would be lots of those grown boys coming back and shooting the schools and parishes up.

Public school teachers sexually assaulted more children than priests have and you are forced to send your kids to those schools...

No one is forced to attend public schools. You are forced to attend school, not just public schools. Private school and home schooling are optional.

Yes......you have money taken from your earnings to pay for public schools, so if you want to send you kid to a private school, you pay twice..... so, sorry, you are wrong.....

You said "forced". That was YOUR error.

I have no kids in school anymore, yet I pay taxes. That is part of the social contract for an educated society.
The so-called "social contract" is a myth. I certainly never agreed to any such thing.

There are about 13,500 school districts and 200 have had mass shootings, that's 1.5%, not 0.004%

There are 98,000 public schools. There are about 30 a year, 95% of which have no deaths.

30/98,000 is roughly 0.004%
If a low percentage means it's nothing to be concerned about, then why all this hyperventilating about mass shootings in the first place?

Yes......you have money taken from your earnings to pay for public schools, so if you want to send you kid to a private school, you pay twice..... so, sorry, you are wrong.....

You said "forced". That was YOUR error.

I have no kids in school anymore, yet I pay taxes. That is part of the social contract for an educated society.
The so-called "social contract" is a myth. I certainly never agreed to any such thing.

Sure you did, when you agreed to stay part of the society you agreed to such things. You give your consent by your presence.

Forum List

Back