No shootings at parochial schools. Why? What are they doing right?

What are Catholic/private schools doing right that Public schools are not?

• More discipline

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Religious teaching

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • High tuition

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • More parental involvement

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Strict dress code

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Tighter security.

Strict standards of who can attend.
Not sure what you mean "strict standards of who can attend"? If you pay the tuition you're in, Jews, Protestants, anyone.
Not sure where you're from, but it doesnt work like that around here. Private schools mostly have entry exams.
Bullshit. My nephew went to a private school. They didn't have any entrance exams. That's a leftwing myth.

My elementary aged children attend a private Christian school. They didn't have an entrance exam per-se. They were interviewed for about 1 hour by the admisssions director and were asked a series of questions to evaluate their academic apptitude. Of course their grades from their previous private school were also sent.
The purpose of evaluating their academic aptitude is to determine whether they can perform the course work. It wasn't a contest to see who gets in and who doesn't. They do the same thing in public schools

How many school shootings would there be if no kids took any type of antidepressant? There would likely be an explosion of school shootings for all of those depressed kids not on any medication!
The Role of Psychiatric Medications in School Shootings Medications and fatherlessness are factors
Antidepressants Are a Prescription for Mass Shootings – Citizens Commission on Human Rights, CCHR Antidepressants are a major factor
Prescription For Violence: The Corresponding Rise of Antidepressants, SSRIs & Mass Shootings - The Libertarian Institute Antidepressants again
I posted links showing the connection between shooters and anti-depressants.
You have not shown a credible link showing that more shooters would happen without the anti-depressants.
Please read thru the above links before spewing/postulating outcomes....
Why do you always make faulty inferences, with data?

This one's pretty simple.

Almost 0% of fatherless households become "shooters," so correlation is there but cannot be linked as causation ~ else we'd have what at least would rise to a "trend" in the population of fatherless households. Close to 0% of them becoming shooters is not a "trend," you're looking backwards at the data and it's yet another flawed inference. I'll bet 100% of the shooters drink water, too. Causation? No, mere correlation.
The side effects of anti-depressants causing "violent/manic" behavior occur in very few, which is why the drugs have been approved in the first place whereas depression, in and of itself, causes manic behavior as well. It's an assumption that there would be more shooters without anti-depressants, no doubt, but to think there's going to be some magical link to what one might consider deductive reasoning - is odd. I don't think that anyone would dispute that depression often leads to manic behavior, that's pretty established. Are you disputing this? There's certainly links for THAT.
A good friend of mine went to a catholic high school. No entrance exam. The kid down the street went to a catholic high school. No entrance exam. His parents sent him to that high school because he was such a fuck up.

GG's claim that private schools get a better class of student doesn't jib with the empirical evidence. He's just as much of a lying douchebag as you.
You consider a few people that you know as "evidence," and that my friend is why you had a go fund me that raised exactly zero dollars, and became the laugh of the board :itsok:
You must be a sock for one of the morons I used to kick around all the time.

I have three examples, and none of them required entrance exams. Other than petulant bleating, where's your evidence?
4 fucking seconds on google.

Yeah, your "3 people I know" really means it isn't done, Chester.

Remember, you attacked me and said I was full of shit?

Here's that egg all over your face, Bripat with the $0.00 raised in your psychotic go-fund me. :thup:

Gagg on reality's cock.

THE 2019 TEST FOR ADMISSION INTO CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOLS 2020

WHO

Students in the eighth grade during the 2019-2020 school year wishing to apply for fall 2020 admission into Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of New York and the Diocese of Brooklyn/Queens are eligible.

WHEN

Archdiocese of New York: Friday, November 8, 2019, at established test sites in Manhattan, Bronx, Staten Island, Westchester, Orange, Rockland, and Dutchess Counties.

Diocese of Brooklyn/Queens: Saturday, November 9, 2019, at test sites in Brooklyn and Queens.

^ that's one...just the first of the thousands of google results, all link at the bottom of this post.

Here's the study guide for the entrance exams that dont exist :spinner:: Catholic High School Entrance Exams Study Guide | Practice Tests

Here's a dedicated organization made to prepare students for entrance exams into catholic high schools...but I guess since they don't service the "3 epople you know," they're out of business at this point! :party: Home

Eighth graders planning to attend any of the 10 Catholic high schools on Long Island are required to take this rigorous, annual entrance exam in October. Students review the math, reading, writing, vocabulary and grammar skills on the exam and learn test-taking strategies to help them work faster and more confidently to maximize their score. All materials are included. Classes are completed before the October CHSEE and are taught by experienced teachers. The classes are taught over five Saturdays at our Rockville Centre campus located at 1000 Hempstead Avenue, Rockville Centre and on five Sundays at our Suffolk Center campus located at 7180 Republic Airport, East Farmingdale on the grounds of Republic Airport.

St. Therese, Chicago: Catholic High Schools: Entrance Exam on Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 8am
Prospective students may pre-register for the entrance exam at their first choice high school. Pre-registration will remain open until the date of the exam.

Catholic High Schools Hold Entrance Exam
Everything you need to know about the Catholic high school entrance exam for incoming eighth-graders on Saturday, Dec. 1.

Dear Parents and Guardians,

With a focus on rigorous academic instruction, a values-based education, and a strong commitment to faith, Catholic High schools are becoming more and more competitive as the years proceed. In anticipation of the Catholic High School Entrance Examination in October, The CERTA Learning Center specializes in the preparation of students for this important assessment.

catholic school entrance exam - Google Search

:iyfyus.jpg::itsok:

I can do thousands.

The Role of Psychiatric Medications in School Shootings Medications and fatherlessness are factors
Antidepressants Are a Prescription for Mass Shootings – Citizens Commission on Human Rights, CCHR Antidepressants are a major factor
Prescription For Violence: The Corresponding Rise of Antidepressants, SSRIs & Mass Shootings - The Libertarian Institute Antidepressants again
You have not shown a credible link showing that more shooters would happen without the anti-depressants.

Almost 0% of fatherless households become "shooters," so correlation is there but cannot be linked as causation ~ else we'd have what at least would rise to a "trend" in the population of fatherless households. Close to 0% of them becoming shooters is not a "trend," you're looking backwards at the data and it's yet another flawed inference. I'll bet 100% of the shooters drink water, too. Causation? No, mere correlation.
The side effects of anti-depressants causing "violent/manic" behavior occur in very few, which is why the drugs have been approved in the first place whereas depression, in and of itself, causes manic behavior as well. It's an assumption that there would be more shooters without anti-depressants, no doubt, but to think there's going to be some magical link to what one might consider deductive reasoning - is odd. I don't think that anyone would dispute that depression often leads to manic behavior, that's pretty established. Are you disputing this? There's certainly links for THAT.
A good friend of mine went to a catholic high school. No entrance exam. The kid down the street went to a catholic high school. No entrance exam. His parents sent him to that high school because he was such a fuck up.

GG's claim that private schools get a better class of student doesn't jib with the empirical evidence. He's just as much of a lying douchebag as you.
You consider a few people that you know as "evidence," and that my friend is why you had a go fund me that raised exactly zero dollars, and became the laugh of the board :itsok:
You must be a sock for one of the morons I used to kick around all the time.

I have three examples, and none of them required entrance exams. Other than petulant bleating, where's your evidence?
4 fucking seconds on google.

Yeah, your "3 people I know" really means it isn't done, Chester.

Remember, you attacked me and said I was full of shit?

Here's that egg all over your face, Bripat with the $0.00 raised in your psychotic go-fund me. :thup:

Gagg on reality's cock.

THE 2019 TEST FOR ADMISSION INTO CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOLS 2020

WHO

Students in the eighth grade during the 2019-2020 school year wishing to apply for fall 2020 admission into Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of New York and the Diocese of Brooklyn/Queens are eligible.

WHEN

Archdiocese of New York: Friday, November 8, 2019, at established test sites in Manhattan, Bronx, Staten Island, Westchester, Orange, Rockland, and Dutchess Counties.

Diocese of Brooklyn/Queens: Saturday, November 9, 2019, at test sites in Brooklyn and Queens.

^ that's one...just the first of the thousands of google results, all link at the bottom of this post.

Here's the study guide for the entrance exams that dont exist :spinner:: Catholic High School Entrance Exams Study Guide | Practice Tests

Here's a dedicated organization made to prepare students for entrance exams into catholic high schools...but I guess since they don't service the "3 epople you know," they're out of business at this point! :party: Home

Eighth graders planning to attend any of the 10 Catholic high schools on Long Island are required to take this rigorous, annual entrance exam in October. Students review the math, reading, writing, vocabulary and grammar skills on the exam and learn test-taking strategies to help them work faster and more confidently to maximize their score. All materials are included. Classes are completed before the October CHSEE and are taught by experienced teachers. The classes are taught over five Saturdays at our Rockville Centre campus located at 1000 Hempstead Avenue, Rockville Centre and on five Sundays at our Suffolk Center campus located at 7180 Republic Airport, East Farmingdale on the grounds of Republic Airport.

St. Therese, Chicago: Catholic High Schools: Entrance Exam on Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 8am
Prospective students may pre-register for the entrance exam at their first choice high school. Pre-registration will remain open until the date of the exam.

Catholic High Schools Hold Entrance Exam
Everything you need to know about the Catholic high school entrance exam for incoming eighth-graders on Saturday, Dec. 1.

Dear Parents and Guardians,

With a focus on rigorous academic instruction, a values-based education, and a strong commitment to faith, Catholic High schools are becoming more and more competitive as the years proceed. In anticipation of the Catholic High School Entrance Examination in October, The CERTA Learning Center specializes in the preparation of students for this important assessment.

catholic school entrance exam - Google Search

:iyfyus.jpg::itsok:

I can do thousands.
I didn't say that no private schools had entrance exams, shit for brains. Furthermore, I didn't know were talking only about high schools.

Tighter security.

Not sure what you mean "strict standards of who can attend"? If you pay the tuition you're in, Jews, Protestants, anyone.
Not sure where you're from, but it doesnt work like that around here. Private schools mostly have entry exams.
Bullshit. My nephew went to a private school. They didn't have any entrance exams. That's a leftwing myth.
^ Bripat not saying entrance exams are a leftwing myth :abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

Tighter security.

^ Bripat not saying entrance exams are a leftwing myth :abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:
You show all the symptoms of being a sock for FAUN.

Tighter security.

Yeah, you could say that, or, man the fuck up to being wrong about something on the internet.

Men are all class-less snowflakes these days. :itsok:

Yeah, you could say that, or, man the fuck up to being wrong about something on the internet.

I'm not wrong, asshole. If I said no private schools have entrance exams, I would have been wrong. However, I didn't say that. On the other hand, kyzr said "Private schools mostly have entry exams." So far neither of you have provided proof to support that claim.

I'm not wrong, asshole. If I said no private schools have entrance exams, I would have been wrong. However, I didn't say that. On the other hand, kyzr said "Private schools mostly have entry exams." So far neither of you have provided proof to support that claim.
"They didn't have any entrance exams. That's a leftwing myth." - bripat, on the internet.

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

"They didn't have any entrance exams. That's a leftwing myth." - bripat, on the internet.

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:
The majority of them don't, FAUX.

Why are you hiding behind a sock? Your reputation got too meany stains on it?

I was curious if any school shootings happened at Catholic schools, so far there were none. There were about 200 public school shootings since 2000.
This is significant since about 25% of US students attend Catholic/private schools. Should public schools learn from what Catholic schools are doing right? Maybe buying bullet-proof backpacks isn't the answer?

Catholic schools, spared from mass school shootings, remain vigilant

Lets take a poll...

Well, when you've got two separate populations with an obvious deficit, it's a good starting place to look into other correlations.

Makes me wonder about the percentage of kids on antidepressants in private vs public schools.

Its not the percentage of kids on antidepressants, but the number of shooters that were on them. That is a MAJOR factor in mass school shootings:.

OK, so it looks like antidepressants are a MAJOR factor in public school shootings. No clue how many Catholic vs Public school kids use them????

How many school shootings would there be if no kids took any type of antidepressant? There would likely be an explosion of school shootings for all of those depressed kids not on any medication!

This thread is about trying to rationalize the following data:
1. The last 200 school shootings were at public schools, by public school students
2. There are about 26,000 public schools in the US and about 11,000 private/Catholic schools in the US, or about 29% non-public schools
3. Is there a reason why the shootings all were at public schools and not at private/Catholic schools?
4. If it was simply random chance the p-value would be 5% or less. Since the non-public schools number about 29% of the total number of schools, the result is statistically significant, i.e. not "null" or random. The question remains, "why have there been no shootings at private/Catholic schools?"
5. Is it anti-depressants? Religious teaching? A better home life? More discipline and structure? What???

Well, when you've got two separate populations with an obvious deficit, it's a good starting place to look into other correlations.

Makes me wonder about the percentage of kids on antidepressants in private vs public schools.

Its not the percentage of kids on antidepressants, but the number of shooters that were on them. That is a MAJOR factor in mass school shootings:.

OK, so it looks like antidepressants are a MAJOR factor in public school shootings. No clue how many Catholic vs Public school kids use them????

1. The last 200 school shootings were at public schools, by public school students
2. There are about 26,000 public schools in the US and about 11,000 private/Catholic schools in the US, or about 29% non-public schools
3. Is there a reason why the shootings all were at public schools and not at private/Catholic schools?
4. If it was simply random chance the p-value would be 5% or less. Since the non-public schools number about 29% of the total number of schools, the result is statistically significant, i.e. not "null" or random. The question remains, "why have there been no shootings at private/Catholic schools?"
5. Is it anti-depressants? Religious teaching? A better home life? More discipline and structure? What???
You've been given links to shootings at private schools. Not only that, but catholic ones, and after 2000.

Of the 4 or 5 links, you dismissed one because it was a teacher/suicide.

You were made aware that...if we are to EXCLUDE those types, the number is NO WHERE NEAR 200 since 2000.

You were also advised of how poorly your inferences are, regarding statistics ... and why

Conclusion: ya cant fix mother fuggin stupid, on the internet

Religion and discipline go a long way toward producing a sane and balanced person.

Last edited:

You've been given links to shootings at private schools. Not only that, but catholic ones, and after 2000.

You were made aware that...if we are to EXCLUDE those types, the number is NO WHERE NEAR 200 since 2000.

You were also advised of how poorly your inferences are, regarding statistics ... and why

Conclusion: you can't explain the data, or don't like the answer!
You keep whining about the 200 number instead of comparing a significant NUMBER of shootings to ZERO shootings.
1. The last (XXX) school shootings were at public schools, by public school students
3. Is there a reason why the shootings all were at public schools by public school students and not at private/Catholic schools?
5. Is it anti-depressants? Religious teaching? A better home life? More discipline and structure? The gun culture & video games? Why fewer (or no) shootings?

You keep whining about the 200 number instead of comparing a significant NUMBER of shootings to ZERO shootings.
1. The last (XXX) school shootings were at public schools, by public school students
3. Is there a reason why the shootings all were at public schools by public school students and not at private/Catholic schools?
5. Is it anti-depressants? Religious teaching? A better home life? More discipline and structure? The gun culture & video games? Why fewer (or no) shootings?
Fewer because its a statistical rarity to happen to begin with, and youre not compounding that rarity with the 5%, a rarity as well, to come to the proper conclusion...

but thats all irrelevant now anyways, since the OP is in error and there were a bunch of shootings since 2000 at private schools, and in order to even know if 5% of the total number of those were at private schools, we must first establish the criteria of what YOU consider a school shooting...because YOU dismissed a teacher murder/suicide, and if we EXCLUDE those types of shootings, our root number is closer to 134 than 200 and the 5% is even closer to reality.

Im done with this droolish derp shit. 99.996% of public schools do whatever in your imagination is causing shootings not to happen, thats an inconvenient fact for your religious agenda/dogma. :thup:

Fewer because its a statistical rarity to happen to begin with, and youre not compounding that rarity with the 5%, a rarity as well, to come to the proper conclusion...

but thats all irrelevant now anyways, since the OP is in error and there were a bunch of shootings since 2000 at private schools, and in order to even know if 5% of the total number of those were at private schools, we must first establish the criteria of what YOU consider a school shooting...because YOU dismissed a teacher murder/suicide, and if we EXCLUDE those types of shootings, our root number is closer to 134 than 200 and the 5% is even closer to reality.

Im done with this droolish derp shit. 99.996% of public schools do whatever in your imagination is causing shootings not to happen, thats an inconvenient fact for your religious agenda/dogma. :thup:
You're quitting because he's whipping your ass.

Where is the evidence for these supposed mass shootings in private schools?

You're quitting because he's whipping your ass.

Where is the evidence for these supposed mass shootings in private schools?
i linked a whole mess of them in this thread already, dipshit.

kyzr ignored that, and he also has fuckin google, one would presume, to find some of his own.

problem is, theres not some central database of public bs private shootings, theres a few ppl put together independently, you need to look for local news articles and you can find a slew of shootings at private schools.

you already have egg on your face from earlier, too. youre a fuckin sad excuse for a man, if ya are one

What are the 99% of schools altogether in the Country doing "right" to not have had any shootings :rolleyes:

If one good sized category of schools, are totally missing a certain problem, it makes sense to ask why.
Not really, that's correlative inference with no justification...since school shootings are not happening in a bubble all done by some same hive mind. They're done by individuals, and the reasons vary but typically land on a brain malfunction.

Thus the asking of the question, is there a cause? And if so, what is it?

Seems unlikely that with 200 instances, that it would just be random chance.
Theres a cause, and it has nothing to do with what "type" of school they go to ~ thats really dopey because as far as anyone can tell, Schools themselves dont cause mental disabilities or sell guns to Minors.
How do you know schools don't cause mental instabilities? Given all the discrimination against boys, and their persecution, it seems highly likely to me that they might be causing boys to have emotional problems.

Forum List

Back