No substance rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and one other having recently joined here seem to be bent on attaining some power. The other wanted a civilian ruling class as a buffer between staff and members and BOTH sides shot that down.
We are simply NOT a board that is going to support ANYTHING that creates a tyrant.

I have no idea what you are talking about

And negative rep systems destroys members, boards and profits. If you do not like our system that is fine or our way well that is fine as well. But its OURS and we intend to keep it. If you are truly unhappy I suggest you load your U-haul and move it on down the road.

If "WE" are happy with OUR system and YOU are not it is not "US" that needs to change. It's YOU.

Shouting down feedback? Sounds like a very transparent and civil system, lol.

Settle down dude.

They are not interested in constructive discussion, only punishing those they don't like.

Publish in the CDZ forum, if you want to eliminate the nonsense. Someone who acts up can be put on vacation by a mod.

The Conspiracy Theories forum needs a CDZ forum of its own. Pretty sure conspiracy theories aren't allowed in the CDZ.

I don't see very many conspiracy theories being moved out of the politics section

I imagine any on 9/11 would be (that's my personal favourite, been studying it since around 2003). But personally, I'd want a place that's got CD Zone civility enforcement, otherwise the discussion tends to devolve into name calling.
Then buy it or build it just like this owner did.

The hard right cons were using the neg rep to punish and drive away their opponents.

Stats figured out how to use the system against them, and we broke the hard right.

The mods then, on suggestion, took away the neg rep, and the hard right has been crying ever since.

There actually is more debate now and while there is much whining, it is less than before.

Don't act like it wasn't a two way street. Both sides abused it.
I don't deny it, but for every 1 TM there were 12 rebs.

Can you back up that assertion ;-)?

Nope, but for the old timers on the board, common knowledge reaffirms it. :lol:

I'm wary of things like "common knowledge" and "common sense". It's certainly true that sometimes the person saying these things is correct, but it's also true that they are frequently used in order to deflect scrutiny of a claim. I'm glad that you at least admit that you don't have solid evidence to support your assertion.

They are not interested in constructive discussion, only punishing those they don't like.

Publish in the CDZ forum, if you want to eliminate the nonsense. Someone who acts up can be put on vacation by a mod.

The Conspiracy Theories forum needs a CDZ forum of its own. Pretty sure conspiracy theories aren't allowed in the CDZ.

I don't see very many conspiracy theories being moved out of the politics section

I imagine any on 9/11 would be (that's my personal favourite, been studying it since around 2003). But personally, I'd want a place that's got CD Zone civility enforcement, otherwise the discussion tends to devolve into name calling.

I'm not -demanding- that a Conspiracy Theory CD Zone be created, I'm simply requesting it. Many people make requests in this forum. It is up to the Administration whether or not they want to fulfill any particular request.

80% of this site does not actually debate. They just insult you, meander, and resort to a variety of other petty debating tactics.

I usually get called an idiot (a very unoriginal insult) and my arguments get deflected, and then everyone starts ganging up and doing the same thing.

Go ahead and insult all you want, but at least give me something to respond to rather than forcing me to walk away or get involved in a flame war.

Wouldn't a "no substance" rating be wonderful? Something you could use on people who do not bring up any actual points of discussion in their post.
we had something like that.

but the board leftist are such snowflakes they cried and cried and cried about it until it was taken away and the kiddie zone was created for them.

It wasn't "no substance"...it was "lets gang up on the new kid and drive him off the board"

That's why your toys were taken away

You and one other having recently joined here seem to be bent on attaining some power. The other wanted a civilian ruling class as a buffer between staff and members and BOTH sides shot that down.
We are simply NOT a board that is going to support ANYTHING that creates a tyrant.

He's referring to this thread:
A bridge between Mods and Non Mods: Ambassadors

I think it should be noted that the focus of the thread changed in with flacaltenn's Post #73.

And negative rep systems destroys members, boards and profits. If you do not like our system that is fine or our way well that is fine as well. But its OURS and we intend to keep it. If you are truly unhappy I suggest you load your U-haul and move it on down the road.

If "WE" are happy with OUR system and YOU are not it is not "US" that needs to change. It's YOU.

Shouting down feedback? Sounds like a very transparent and civil system, lol.

Settle down dude.
When you come to feed back and you get feed back WITHOUT the name calling then YOU need to accept that feed back no matter how brutal or blunt. The issue of YOU not liking the feed back is NOT my problem, it rests on you.

We are NOT a group of people who will be swooned by slick talking. We are NOT a group of people who will be brutalized by buffoonery.

We ARE USMB and we DO know what we are doing. And IF you look to the sites thread start numbers and its comments numbers we ARE active and more importantly protective of what WE have.

Now if you do not like it here LEAVE because as a whole we be doing fine.

Last edited:
I am too baffled to make a joke about xenephobia on an internet forum.

Is DarkFury for real?

80% of this site does not actually debate. They just insult you, meander, and resort to a variety of other petty debating tactics.

I usually get called an idiot (a very unoriginal insult) and my arguments get deflected, and then everyone starts ganging up and doing the same thing.

Go ahead and insult all you want, but at least give me something to respond to rather than forcing me to walk away or get involved in a flame war.

Wouldn't a "no substance" rating be wonderful? Something you could use on people who do not bring up any actual points of discussion in their post.

but the board leftist are such snowflakes they cried and cried and cried about it until it was taken away and the kiddie zone was created for them.

It wasn't "no substance"...it was "lets gang up on the new kid and drive him off the board"

When the "toy" harms board growth it should be taken away.

Is DarkFury for real?

He is :p. Based on what I've seen of him, he may do a little caps locking but I've never seen him use base insults, which is a lot more than I can say for some other members of this board.

Last edited:

Actually, this particular "toy" wasn't removed, it simply wasn't available in the board software that USMB moved to. Coyote pointed this out in Post #50:
No substance rating

I'm not -demanding- that a Conspiracy Theory CD Zone be created, I'm simply requesting it. Many people make requests in this forum. It is up to the Administration whether or not they want to fulfill any particular request.
If you had taken the time to study the board you would have seen the "Structured Debate Zone" has been built to meet your needs.
Why not try it FIRST before complaining WE lack the fore sight to see needs?

He is :p. Based on what I've seen of him, he may do a little caps locking but I've never seen him use base insults, which is a lot more than I can say for some other members of this board :p.

The usage of bold BB code is a little strange.

Never have I given feedback on a site and been told to fuck off. I have been a member for nine months, so how long before I am allowed to make suggestions without being subjected to some bizarre xenophobic rant.?

Actually, this particular "toy" wasn't removed, it simply wasn't available in the board software that USMB moved to. Coyote pointed this out in Post #50:
No substance rating

The new software had a red X that quickly became the new neg

it was dropped

If you had taken the time to study the board you would have seen the "Structured Debate Zone" has been built to meet your needs.
Why not try it FIRST before complaining WE lack the fore sight to see needs?

I saw it. It's too confining for me. I like it when everyone in a given forum can participate, so long as civility is enforced. That's essentially what the Clean Debate Zone has.

Is DarkFury for real?

He is :p. Based on what I've seen of him, he may do a little caps locking but I've never seen him use base insults, which is a lot more than I can say for some other members of this board.
The use of the CDZ and A&F REQUIRES manners. Outside of those two forums I AM an asshole. Thank you.
Fury

He is :p. Based on what I've seen of him, he may do a little caps locking but I've never seen him use base insults, which is a lot more than I can say for some other members of this board :p.

The usage of bold BB code is a little strange.

I suppose :)

Never have I given feedback on a site and been told to fuck off.

Come now, he never swore at you.

I have been a member for nine months, so how long before I am allowed to make suggestions without being subjected to some bizarre xenophobic rant.?

I think you're being too harsh. I certainly couldn't say that DarkFury is the most hospitable member of USMB, but I think his bottom line in his comments to you is that he likes the current system and thinks that if you -don't- like it, you're can leave. It's not an approach I personally like to take, as it discourages people trying to create a better system than the one we have, but he's within his rights to take that position.

Is DarkFury for real?

The use of the CDZ and A&F REQUIRES manners. Outside of those two forums I AM an asshole. Thank you.
Fury

I actually suspected that your manners might be different elsewhere. Anyway, I'd like to say that I don't think that anyone deserves the designation you just gave yourself. People are very complicated creatures and I think it's a travesty to refer to them as a single part of their anatomy.

The hard right cons were using the neg rep to punish and drive away their opponents.

Stats figured out how to use the system against them, and we broke the hard right.

The mods then, on suggestion, took away the neg rep, and the hard right has been crying ever since.

There actually is more debate now and while there is much whining, it is less than before.

How did "negging" someone drive the opponents away?

How did "negging" someone drive the opponents away?
If a new person joined and they were conservative then liberals negged to them into a hole that no number of thread starts or comments could pull them free of. So they quit and went to other sites where that abuse was not supported or tolerated by those options.

The rep the site got {Jabber Reports} was even worse and is STILL out there costing members. Because those who read site reviews BEFORE they come here simply don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back