No to BBQ sauce on smoked BBQ. Do not need it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to me like you have a pretty thick rub on that BBQ. No difference between that and sauce beyond the fact that the meat is drier. Everyone has different tastes.
:itsok:
Huge difference. Mine is flava town... bbq sauce is not.

Ooo..you got me thinkin' bout dat dere. What else?
Guava butter is what we Florida Crackers and the Caribbean folks have in common. Unsmoked pork goes with it well as does wild pork. We use to pick them wild here in Florida but they have mostly been wiped out by development.

I prefer my tenderloin in salsa verde. Meh, you do you.

I love salsa verde!!!!! delicious!!!!:up:

You can put it on top of the chicken, or any meat or fish you prefer!YUM

1692747950727.png

Pork tenderloin. Smoked one yesterday.
After it cooled I put it in refrigerator overnight.
Just sliced it. Ready for dinner

No way to BBQ sauce. You put BBQ sauce on your smoked ham?
Good BBQ does not require sauce. End of story.

View attachment 818174

Ribs are about the only meat I can say where I think it is a necessity.

Guava butter is what we Florida Crackers and the Caribbean folks have in common. Unsmoked pork goes with it well as does wild pork. We use to pick them wild here in Florida but they have mostly been wiped out by development.
Oh, well I'm smokin' it. I still have a couple jars made by a cousin that's now dead.

We've always kept Guava trees. Well, not now, after that last freeze.

Last edited:
I love salsa verde!!!!! delicious!!!!:up:

You can put it on top of the chicken, or any meat or fish you prefer!YUM

View attachment 818208
I love chile verde but our local Mexican restaurant is pricing themselves out of my range so I tried something new. I cut our tenderloin into 1" cubes and browned them lightly in a skillet. Placed them in a crockpot on low with a jar of Great Value Salsa Verde for five hours. I was AMAZED. The end product was more tender than the restaurant and the flavor difference was indistinguishable. Now I don't have to drive thirty miles for my chile verde.

I love chile verde but our local Mexican restaurant is pricing themselves out of my range so I tried something new. I cut our tenderloin into 1" cubes and browned them lightly in a skillet. Placed them in a crockpot on low with a jar of Great Value Salsa Verde for five hours. I was AMAZED. The end product was more tender than the restaurant and the flavor difference was indistinguishable. Now I don't have to drive thirty miles for my chile verde.
the subject is.... Share your recipes in your own thread

No to BBQ sauce on smoked BBQ. Do not need it​

Last edited:
This is the subject of this thread:

No to BBQ sauce on smoked BBQ. Do not need it​

If you do not understand the subject, stay out of this thread
Do not change the subject
I don't want to hear about your recipes..
Start your own thread.

Next is the report button...
Do not make me go there :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back