No Wonder Libs Are Upset - The Surge Is Working

I realize the surge is in Baghdad...and I realize that when we pumped 28K more troops into Baghdad, the insurgents took their fight to other areas of Iraq where we were not reinforced... our death rate is unchanged.

Just because the insurgents have left baghdad while our surge is there does not mean that the violence throughout the country is lessening any. We do not have the assets to be everywhere we need to be and the bad guys will just keep moving to where we are not...

you are the twit and your understanding of the middle east and the military is laughable.

It looks like you will have to put your party and dancing over the bodies of the troops for a little while longer MM

The troops are doing their job by killing terrorists and you are doing your job by wanting to have them come home losers and scoring political points for your treasonous party

It looks like you will have to put your party and dancing over the bodies of the troops for a little while longer MM

The troops are doing their job by killing terrorists and you are doing your job by wanting to have them come home losers and scoring political points for your treasonous party

why won't you show me on YOUR website

http://icasualties.org/oif/

where we have had a 60% decrease in casualties

You claim to be so damn smart - find it

it was YOUR website.

I showed you the casualty figures from YOUR website that show that we have had a 37% INCREASE in our casualties over the last six months over the previous six months. I showed you the casualty figures from YOUR website that show we have not seen a decrease at all since the surge began.

Do you admit that YOUR website shows exactly that?

it was YOUR website.

I showed you the casualty figures from YOUR website that show that we have had a 37% INCREASE in our casualties over the last six months over the previous six months. I showed you the casualty figures from YOUR website that show we have not seen a decrease at all since the surge began.

Do you admit that YOUR website shows exactly that?

So does that mean your party is back on?

As I said...I mourn every American death in Iraq. Will YOU admit that this bullshit about our seeing a 60% decrease in casualties is a lie? Will you admit that I am right?

Sorry to burst your bubble but the surge is working and libs like you are in mourning over the progress - nothing else

Sorry to burst your bubble but the surge is working and libs like you are in mourning over the progress - nothing else

why have we lost the same number of troops since the surge?

why won't you address my point about the insurgents merely moving to a place where we are not in force?

Take your remedial reading course then reread my post that clearly shows the 60% decrease

why have we lost the same number of troops since the surge?

why won't you address my point about the insurgents merely moving to a place where we are not in force?

The liberal media is scared the surge is working...............

Bush success vs. al Qaeda breeds long-term worries

By David Morgan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush's administration has crippled al Qaeda's ability to carry out major attacks on U.S. soil but at a political and economic cost that could leave the country more vulnerable in years to come, experts say.

Even as al Qaeda tries to rebuild operations in Pakistan, experts including current and former intelligence officials believe the group would have a hard time staging another September 11 because of U.S. success at killing or capturing senior members whose skills and experience have not been replaced.

"If the question is why al Qaeda hasn't carried out another 9/11 attack, the answer I think is that if they could have, they would have," said a former senior U.S. intelligence official who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Tighter U.S. airport security, greater scrutiny of people entering the United States and better coordination between the CIA, FBI and Department of Homeland Security also have made it harder for extremists to enter the country, experts said.

Home-grown extremists in the United States are believed to be isolated and lacking the will or ability to carry out large-scale operations.

"Make no mistake about it, however, our enemy is resilient and determined to strike us again," said Charles Allen, chief intelligence officer at the Department of Homeland Security.

Some experts warn that the successes of Bush's war on terrorism have been undercut by huge security costs, strains on the U.S. military from wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and resentment of the United States abroad.

"Look at al Qaeda's plans," said Michael Scheuer, who once led the CIA team devoted to finding al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden. "They're very simply defined in two phrases: spread out America's forces and bleed the United States to bankruptcy. I'd argue America has been under attack successfully every day since 9/11 from that perspective.

"If you're looking at it from the cave, or wherever al Qaeda is hiding at the moment, you have to be pretty happy with the way the world is moving," he said.

ATTACKS WANE

The Iraq war has been described by U.S. intelligence as both a cause celebre for new al Qaeda recruits and a militant training ground in explosives and urban guerrilla tactics.

"There may be individuals they've been able to recruit in Iraq who might have the credentials and capabilities to deploy elsewhere, even though the core al Qaeda has been damaged," said John Brennan, former acting director of the National Counterterrorism Center.

U.S. intelligence believes that bin Laden and his second-in-command Ayman al-Zawahri, driven from Afghanistan when U.S.-led forces ended Taliban rule there in 2001, are now trying to reestablish operations in remote, semi-autonomous tribal areas in Pakistan.

But experts view recent attacks in Europe such as the July 2005 London transport bombings as evidence that al Qaeda-linked groups, while dangerous, lack the advanced skills and organization of militant groups like Hezbollah.

"What al Qaeda's left with is a bunch of Sunni radicals in various capitals who get their orders and technology on the Internet. But their contact with home base is not very strong and they're not very disciplined," said former CIA official Robert Baer

Islamist groups have killed about 1,600 people in 53 attacks overseas since 2001, according to IntelCenter, an Alexandria, Virginia-based intelligence contractor.

The number and lethality of the attacks have fallen off since 2004. Last year, there were five attacks and 28 deaths, according to IntelCenter statistics, which do not include attacks in Iraq, Afghanistan or other war zones.

But IntelCenter chief executive Ben Venzke said the chance of an al Qaeda attack on U.S. soil has grown based on the militant network's increasing references to the American homeland in public messages.

"Our leading thinking is that we are closer now to an attempt at a major attack in the United States than at any point since 9/11," Venzke said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...3?pageNumber=1

this is not helpful to the discussion...

You, and other supporters of the right-wing in America, have long since run out of intellectual ammunition. Poor boy...Your little brain must be working overtime to try and find something, anything, to disprove or gloss over the facts on the ground in Iraq and the corruption of the Administration which is now coming to light. Failing that, we have the result of posts such as what I've quoted above.

this is not helpful to the discussion...

You, and other supporters of the right-wing in America, have long since run out of intellectual ammunition. Poor boy...Your little brain must be working overtime to try and find something, anything, to disprove or gloss over the facts on the ground in Iraq and the corruption of the Administration which is now coming to light. Failing that, we have the result of posts such as what I've quoted above.

This is how libs end the war on terror - by removing the word terror from all documents

What is wrong with posting what libs actually do?

this is a good point.

You remember the ones Poppy Bush told to revolt against Saddam's rule and then left them swinging in the breeze.

I am not a bush bot, I criticize my party, and bush , when he does wrong, and praise him when he does bad, and im learning to praise democrats when they do good, and criticize when they do bad, my questions to the liberals on this board is, have you ever praised bush or a conservative for any good they have done, or are you stuck in republican/bush evil, liberals/democrats saints like i was, but the opposite way a while ago?

this is a good point.

You remember the ones Poppy Bush told to revolt against Saddam's rule and then left them swinging in the breeze.

I am not a bush bot, I criticize my party, and bush , when he does wrong, and praise him when he does bad, and im learning to praise democrats when they do good, and criticize when they do bad, my questions to the liberals on this board is, have you ever praised bush or a conservative for any good they have done, or are you stuck in republican/bush evil, liberals/democrats saints like i was, but the opposite way a while ago?

I have posted many times when Pres Bush was wrong. He is wrong on not securing the boarders, not vetoing the pork rich spending bills, and going along with the myth of global warming

Maineman. You're behavior is inappropriate. Calling red states a pussy, and using other vulgar words. And, you seem like you would rather be right, for the sake of more american men dying, then wrong for the sake of less american men dying.

To be fair, red states, I do think you should talk more in your own words.

And damit, too both of you, this is not about proving the other one wrong, so if both of you could tone it down a bit with the insults.

Liberals are not evil, conservatives are not evil.

Thank You.

anyone else want to chime in on this?

Maineman. You're behavior is inappropriate. Calling red states a pussy, and using other vulgar words. And, you seem like you would rather be right, for the sake of more american men dying, then wrong for the sake of less american men dying.

To be fair, red states, I do think you should talk more in your own words.

And damit, too both of you, this is not about proving the other one wrong, so if both of you could tone it down a bit with the insults.

Liberals are not evil, conservatives are not evil.

Thank You.

anyone else want to chime in on this?

I do believe most liberals actually want the US to lose the war in the US. Everyday the liberal media goes out of its way to undermine the war, the troops, and Pres Bush

Liberals have a long history of not wanting to confront evil. Elected Dems have a history of insulting and smearing the troops

I never said they were evil - but they are only interested in gaining more political power - and our enemies are wishing them luck

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=is+the+surge+working&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...oop+surge+working&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-501&x=wrt

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...n+baghdad+working&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-501&x=wrt

You know, red state, and maine, you both can be right and you both can be wrong. Let me explain.

You both can have good points, and you both can be full of crap. The truth is not owned by one individual person or party, and i ask that you both be a bit more civil, and try to acknowledge each others views and intellegence, nobody said you have to holds hands and sing kumbaya or agree, but dont be so mean to each other.

Forum List

Back