No Wonder Libs Are Upset - The Surge Is Working

MIL-IRAQ-US SOLDIERS
Baghdad security crackdown seriously curbs killings of US soldiers

BAGHDAD, March 14 (KUNA) -- The rate of killings of US troops in Iraq has been on the decline, down by 60 percent, since the launch of the new security measures in Baghdad, according to statistics revealed by the Multi-National Force -Iraq Combined Press Information Centre.

Only 17 members of the US military in Iraq have been killed since February 14 till March 13, compared to 42 from January 13 to February 13; the rate was on the decline during the first month of the security crackdown, compared to a month before.

Two of the 17 soldiers died at US Baghdad camps of non-combat causes.

The remarkable decrease in killings among the US troops came at a time when more of these troops were deployed in the Iraqi capital, especially in districts previously regarded as extremely hazardous for them such as Al-Sadr City, Al-Azamiyah, and Al-Doura.

Meanwhile, US attacks on insurgent strongholds north of Baghdad curbed attacks against helicopters. Before the new security plan, many such craft were downed leaving 20 soldiers dead.

The US army in Iraq had earlier said that sectarian fighting and violence in Baghdad had dropped sharply, by about 80 percent, since the launch of the plan.

The statistics excluded US troops killed in other governorates such as Al-Anbar, Diyala, and Salahiddin.

As to the latest human losses, the US army announced Wednesday that two American soldiers had been killed, one in southern Baghdad and the other northeast of the capital.(end) ahh.

http://www.kuna.net.kw/Home/Story.aspx?Language=en&DSNO=961365

4 bombs..and 160 people killed yesterday?

It sure is working...(Not).

BAGHDAD - Four large bombs exploded in mostly Shiite areas of Baghdad on Wednesday, killing at least 160 people and wounding scores as violence climbed toward levels seen before the U.S.-Iraqi campaign to pacify the capital began two months ago.

the rebels in Iraq wont stop fighting until the occupying forces leave ,its that simple,there may well be civil war as America had a civil war
Which does not equate into a lost war for the US. Our goal is to stay until the democratically elected official government has the military ability to fight off a terrorist minority group who want to impose a dictatorship on them.
but it will eventually lead them to their own destiny and sovereignty whatever form that may take , America would not tolerate the occupation of there nation and the middle east wont either it would be a war without end

You show your ignorance of American history and the revolutionary war, as do most all libs.
First, if you are going to make an analogy with the two wars, the current govt in Iraq would be the insurgents.
Second, we did tolerate, in fact WELCOMED the French forces during and after 1780.

that editorial ends as follows:

If the president's plan won't work, what will? History suggests only four other ways to keep together a country riven by sectarian strife:

We allow or help one side to win, which would require years of horrific bloodletting.

We perpetuate the occupation, which is impossible politically and practically.

We promote the return of a dictator, who is not on the horizon but whose emergence would be the cruelest of ironies.

Or we help Iraq make the transition to a decentralized, federal system, as called for in its constitution, where each major group has local control over the fabric of its daily life, including security, education, religion and marriage.

Making federalism work for all Iraqis is a strategy that can still succeed and allow our troops to leave responsibly. It's a strategy I have been promoting for a year.

I cannot guarantee that my plan for Iraq (detailed at http://www.planforiraq.com) will work. But I can guarantee that the course we're on -- the course that a man I admire, John McCain, urges us to continue -- is a road to nowhere.

that is not "cut and run" that is not "surrender at all costs" that is a voice of reason and wisdom.... he should not be denigrated or shouted down or blythely dismissed.

Yea, Iraqi officials, under the guidance of the BUsh administration, divided up their oil resources amongst the various groups in Iraq, and of course the libs leveled criticism at the Bush administration.
That project completed, in light of this statement in your "plan for Iraq" by Biden:
"The plan would maintain a unified Iraq by decentralizing it and giving Kurds, Shiites and Sunnis local control over their daily lives - as provided for in the Iraqi constitution. The central government would be responsible for common interests, like border security and the distribution of oil revenues. We would secure support from the Sunnis - who have no oil -- by guaranteeing them a proportionate share (about 20 percent) of oil revenues ",,,AND, the Constitution it refers to, who exactly is responsable for that being in existence. Had the dems been in cotrol, would they have that constitution? Of course you are going to reply by citing a lot of the current negatives going on in Iraq right now (standard typical liberal fare, look at the negative)

The Bush plan called for ousting saddam, accomplished, setting up a temp official govt, accomplished, creating and signing into law a national Constitution, accomplished, and having a nation wide democratic election to put into place govt officials wanted and voted in by the Iraqi people. ACCOMPLISHED.
Now, just as France helped us to stabilize after the revolutionary war ( and make no mistake about it, the English majority thought the colonies would crumble into oblivion, after all, they were basically a bunch of misfits and the Brits didnt even believe the yanks actually wanted a democracy, they only fought to get the Brits off their backs, but since the colonists knew nothing but being ruled by another, it would be natural for them to go back to a form of that once they realize they cannot govern themselves in this new experimental thing called a democracy, of the people and for the people, with God given rights--sounds familiar eh? )
we need to stay in Iraq until they can fully stabalize also.

Come on RSR you told the locals over here in

that you were at the USMESSAGEBOARD.com debating with the "Big Boys."

So far I have only witnessed you verbal masturbate with your keyboard.

masturbate-kitten.jpg

Have you reached kindergarten yet? Sperm is not an individual living organism, it is part of the mans body, UNLIKE the fetus, so, as usual, you fucking idiotic bitter liberals have it backwards, kill the innocent children, let convicted murderers live, and ,,, the fetus which is an individual living organism, you consider it a part of the womans body, even though it doesnt meet any of the requirements of the definition of "part of the womans body" and then in the same breath, you claim that which is in fact a part of the mans body, is an individual living organism, even though it meets virtually NONE of the characteristics required to be defined as such.
Thats a very strange claim anyways, whether its sarcasm or not.

Of course you are going to reply by citing a lot of the current negatives going on in Iraq right now (standard typical liberal fare, look at the negative)

in case you missed it, this thread was about whether or not the "surge" was working. It has always been MY standard fare to point out that the fucking emporer isn't wearing any fucking clothes! That is all I am doing in this case. I point out that the surge is not working. I point out that moronic conservatives on this site are lying their asses off when they make such ridiculous statements as "America has seen a 60% decrease in casualties because of the success of the surge" when we have seen ZERO decrease in casualties and April is shaping up to be the bloodiest month for Americans in well over a year.

I point out that the Bush plan to shock, awe, invade, conquer and occupy Iraq and then to somehow watch a peaceful multucultural jeffersonian democracy blossom on the banks of the euphrates was ALWAYS fatally flawed and I have said so since day one.

When we finally do muster the political will to admit we fucked up and finally leave Iraq to the Iraqis to figure out, when all the bloodletting on all sides spawned by centuries of sectarian hatred finally becomes more than folks over there can stomach, what will emerge is some political solution...and it will most definitely have, as one of its components, a theocratic shiite majority ruling Iraq or some portion of what was once Iraq and that large component will undoubtedly be much more closely aligned and friendly with Iran and much less friendly with America than we could have possibly thought was a good ending when we started this bloody mess.

And throughout it all, we will have done little to nothing to truly address and confront the evil forces that attacked us and seek to do so again.... and we will will be LESS prepared to repel and foil that next attack than we were when Dubya went golfing in August of '01 immediately after being told that Osama was determined to strike within our borders and our enemies were training in our midst.

If the "surge" (as opposed to more "stay the course" which is what it really is) is working so well, why are we building a wall in Baghdad?

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- Criticism mounted Saturday over a wall U.S. troops are building around a Sunni enclave surrounded by Shiite areas in Baghdad, with residents calling it "collective punishment" and the local council leader saying the community did not approve the project before construction began.

Violence continued Saturday, with at least three people killed when a bomb left on a bus exploded in Baghdad's Sadr City neighborhood, police said. The minibus was gutted by flames and its windows shattered.

Gunmen stormed a house in Kirkuk, 290 kilometers (180 miles) north of Baghdad, killing a mother, father and their two teenage daughters, police said. The victims were Kurds who had received death threats from al Qaeda-linked militants operating in the area, witnesses said.

A U.S. soldier was also killed Saturday by a roadside bomb southwest of the capital, the military said.

The U.S. military says the wall in the minority Sunni community of Azamiyah is meant to secure the neighborhood, which "has been trapped in a spiral of sectarian violence and retaliation."

MORE

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/21/iraq.wall.ap/

If the "surge" (as opposed to more "stay the course" which is what it really is) is working so well, why are we building a wall in Baghdad?

A surge so successful its being spilled everywhere.

It needs to be contained.

within a wall.

I love the bunker we are building there..I guess it started 3 years ago...Ms.Rice said it will serve our interests for years to come.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070519/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/world_s_largest_embassy

Anyways..as far as the surge working...From what I have read as of late..That is far from the case as a fact to state.

Another thing I'd like to add..Is it's not just so called.."Libs" that want us out of Iraq...It's a majority of the American population that wants us out..Libs & Cons alike are sick of this shit..and of a bottomless hole of a problem that in my opinion will be impossible to fix..(With our American Interest).

Bush created this blunder..I personaly don't blame the Republican Party for this F-ing mess...It was..and is Bush's War...Please speak up..if he's not the man responsible for this mess...

The American people are sick of this fairy tale of a war..and the just reason that started it..and what's behind it as I write.

We made a terrorist DisneyLand...and some of the so called worlds most respected thinkers are telling the truth...Generals are speaking up...Crap is worse by the day...

What's amazing is...under Saddam none of these nut case muslim freaks were running amok over in Iraq...We're creating a situation..we started this.

Can anybody tell me what we have accomplished?....Most importantly..what we can accomplish?

How long will our little puppet government hold?....We are prolonging this war...Things are out of our control...

To say Libs only are crying about this?...The Republican Party..The Dems...the American People...The world.....Everybody is bumbed..

This Iraq War Crap..and why it started is beyond a political party belief now...The stupidity of this war is known to all.

If you put 20K more police into Los Angeles, do you think that crime would drop?

If you have a country who is involved in a civil war, and the metropolitan area that had been the main battle ground is all of a sudden inundated with 20K more combat troops aimed at stopping the civil war, do you think that the protagonists would continue to fight in that battlegound? Or do you think they might take their battles elsewhere? And do you think that the enmity and rivalry which was behind that civil war had been going on for a millenium, do you think that six months or one year or five years with those combat troops in the middle of everything would make that milennium enmity and hatred go away?

The liberal media has a very short memory when it comes to what Dems said about Saddam, WMD's, and the war

AP Article on Edwards and ‘War on Terror’ Ignores Candidate’s Past
Posted by Noel Sheppard on May 23, 2007 - 18:09.
The Associated Press ran a story Wednesday entitled “Edwards Calls ‘War on Terror’ an Ideological Doctrine” (h/t LGF).

Unfortunately, the author chose not to look into former Sen. John Edwards’ (D-North Carolina) past to see whether the presidential candidate had either referred to or supported this “ideological doctrine” himself.

Had the AP done some homework, it would have found that not only did the former senator tell Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly in October 2001, “I think that we will be united with the President throughout this war on terrorism," (Allah has video here), but also that he and Sen. John Kerry (D-Massachusetts) both referred to this war in their respective acceptance speeches at the 2004 Democratic National Convention.

To set this up, Wednesday’s AP piece began (emphasis added):

Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards on Wednesday repudiated the notion that there is a "global war on terror," calling it an ideological doctrine advanced by the Bush administration that has strained American military resources and emboldened terrorists.

In a defense policy speech he planned to deliver at the Council on Foreign Relations, Edwards called the war on terror a "bumper sticker" slogan President George W. Bush has used to justify everything from abuses at the Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad to the invasion of Iraq.

Hmmm. So, if this phrase is just a bumper sticker slogan, why was it in John Kerry’s acceptance speech for presidential nomination at the 2004 DNC:

We will double our Special Forces to conduct terrorist operations, anti-terrorist operations, and we will provide our troops with the newest weapons and technology to save their lives and win the battle. And we will end the backdoor draft of the National Guard and reservists.

[…]

As president, I will fight a smarter, more effective war on terror.

The AP must have forgotten this, or certainly it would have reported the apparent hypocrisy. And how about what Edwards said the night before when he accepted the Democrats’ nomination for vice president:

None of us will ever forget where we were on September the 11th. We all share the same terrible images, the towers falling in New York, the Pentagon in flames, a smoldering field in Pennsylvania. We share a profound sadness for the nearly 3,000 lives that were lost.

And as a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, I know that we have to do more to fight the war on terrorism and keep the American people safe. We can do that.

[…]

We will always use our military might to keep the American people safe.

And we, John and I, we will have one clear unmistakable message for Al Qaida and these terrorists: You cannot run. You cannot hide. We will destroy you.

Sounds like Edwards was behind this “ideological doctrine” when he was a Senator and a vice presidential candidate, doesn’t it? Yet, now that he’s a presidential candidate, are the press just going to let him make statements today which contradict those he made in the past?

Of course, that last question was rhetorical, although you probably guessed that.

http://newsbusters.org/node/12962

Will libs say Pretty Boy's quotes were taken out of context?

If it isn't doom and gloom the liberal media is not interested

how's that 60% reduction in American casualties because of the success of the surge workin' out for ya, RSR? I haven't seen that press release in some time. Isn't it time to trot that out again?

how's that 60% reduction in American casualties because of the success of the surge workin' out for ya, RSR? I haven't seen that press release in some time. Isn't it time to trot that out again?

Since the terrorists know how badly Dems want to surrender they increased the attacks

Every member pf the US military the terrorists kill, Dems use as a stepping stone to press for surrender

To bad for rerrorists, Dems watched their poll numbers tanking, so they surrendered to Pres Bush

I see you ignored Pretty Boys previous statements - not surprised by that at all

Since the terrorists know how badly Dems want to surrender they increased the attacks

Every member pf the US military the terrorists kill, Dems use as a stepping stone to press for surrender

To bad for rerrorists, Dems watched their poll numbers tanking, so they surrendered to Pres Bush

I see you ignored Pretty Boys previous statements - not surprised by that at all

I ignore nothing.... I just happen to be focusing on one of YOUR statements right now..... one you have yet to retract and admit was bullshit. Are you ready to make such an admission now?

I ignore nothing.... I just happen to be focusing on one of YOUR statements right now..... one you have yet to retract and admit was bullshit. Are you ready to make such an admission now?

The deaths were down, much to the dismay of the left

The terrorists wanted the Dems surrender bill to pass so they increased their attacks

The more dead troops, the better for the anti war left

To bad the voters sent a message to the Dems not to surredner - sinking poll numbers

The deaths were down, much to the dismay of the left

The terrorists wanted the Dems surrender bill to pass so they increased their attacks

The more dead troops, the better for the anti war left

To bad the voters sent a message to the Dems not to surredner - sinking poll numbers

the sinking poll numbers for congress were because congress failed to pass the democrat's funding bill and voted to sustain Bush's veto of it.

and the "deaths were NOT down". if we lose five GI's today and only 2 tomorrow, that does not mean that the casualty rate has dropped by 60% due to the success of the surge...especially when we lose 8 the day after that and 6 the day after that and 10 the day after that. YOur statement about there being a 60% reduction is american casualties was BULLSHIT and you know it.

the sinking poll numbers for congress were because congress failed to pass the democrat's funding bill and voted to sustain Bush's veto of it.

and the "deaths were NOT down". if we lose five GI's today and only 2 tomorrow, that does not mean that the casualty rate has dropped by 60% due to the success of the surge...especially when we lose 8 the day after that and 6 the day after that and 10 the day after that. YOur statement about there being a 60% reduction is american casualties was BULLSHIT and you know it.

The poll numbers are a result of the surrender bill and many broken promises

Liberals always let their arrogrance get in their way of accomplishing things

The poll numbers are a result of the surrender bill and many broken promises

Liberals always let their arrogrance get in their way of accomplishing things

the "surrender bill" , as you intentionally mischaracterize it, had the solid support of 57% of the people. FAILING to pass it with a strong veto proof majority, and SUSTAINING the veto of it drove congressional numbers down.

the people wanted that bill...the democrats tried to deliver it, but the republicans thwarted the will of the people. No WONDER they're pissed at congress!

the "surrender bill" , as you intentionally mischaracterize it, had the solid support of 57% of the people. FAILING to pass it with a strong veto proof majority, and SUSTAINING the veto of it drove congressional numbers down.

the people wanted that bill...the democrats tried to deliver it, but the republicans thwarted the will of the people. No WONDER they're pissed at congress!

So the people wanted to surrendner yet they give the Dems a lower number then the President who vetoed it?

Liberal logic is something to behold

So the people wanted to surrendner yet they give the Dems a lower number then the President who vetoed it?

Liberal logic is something to behold

the people wanted the democrat's bill and they gave CONGRESS a lower number for sustaining that veto.

conservative ignorance and bullheadedness is nauseating to behold.

you really are a fucking tarbaby.....

the people wanted the democrat's bill and they gave CONGRESS a lower number for sustaining that veto.

conservative ignorance and bullheadedness is nauseating to behold.

you really are a fucking tarbaby.....

The Dems are getting what they deserve

Rotten polling numbers for doing a rotten job

They lied to get elected and then people like you try to duck the facts

Forum List

Back