Zone1 No Wonder Why I Had Doubts In God's Existence Before

It's just logic. It makes more sense when you don't try to parse it but read it in the entirety of its intended context.
You can build a wonderful castle but, if you build it on a flawed foundation, it will not serve you.

All belief holds power over the believer.

Just look how scared children get of the Boogey man in the closet.

I never said faith isn't real I said it is belief without proof. What you have faith in might not be real though

And there are a hell of a lot of very intelligent people out there who don't believe in gods
I'm going to stand by my original assessment that your extremely poor examples of faith (which you continue to double down on) tells me that you have absolutely no understanding of what faith is, how it is used or the power it holds.

So you choose to not seek him out because of it. Thus blaming God for your failure. That's an external locus of control. I'm sure if you tried really hard you could come up with a number of reasonable and valid reasons why this is the case. Or you might even discover the spirit of God was inside you the whole time. But regardless of that, I've offered several explanations to you before so you are without excuse for not seeking God.
Thank you, Paul

Spoken like a dualist.

The mind is the body the body is the mind.

And I'm not being disrespectful because not everyone believes in the god you worship. Why do you want to force your beliefs onto others?

You have no proof that there is only one god because that's one of those things you believe even though there is no proof.

I don't hold to your religion so I have no obligation to use its conventions when speaking of any gods.
Yes, I am spirit and matter. We all are. I'm not forcing that belief on anyone. I couldn't care less which path you take in life.

That's a wonderful rationalization for your disrespect of others.

Must? I think that is your choice. Again... this is a textbook example of an external locus of control. You have no choice in bashing Christianity. It's Christianity's fault. SMH.
I disagree. Christianity and God have no control over me. Can you say the same?

Most people have either an internal or external locus of control. Those with an internal locus of control believe that their actions matter, and they are the authors of their own destiny. Those with an external locus of control attribute outcomes to circumstances or chance.

We probably don't share the same view of the Gospels and scripture in general. To a believer the Gospels are the revealed word of God, I get that, but to me they are the works of man. They each have a unique history and evolution. They have been copied and recopied so many times that every bit of text we have from before Gutenberg, has errors in it and we have no complete picture of what they originally contained. Some errors were minor, some not. For example (from memory), the wonderful story of Jesus saying he who is without sin cast the first stone, was not originally in John but only appeared 1,000 years after he died.
Actually they are remarkably accurate for being copied so many times. Especially when compared to other ancient texts.

But yes, we probably don't share the same interpretation of the Gospels. I've studied them extensively for the express purpose of seeking the intent of the author. You haven't. You have made a cursory pass to confirm your bias.

If you like we can compare our understanding of specific accounts to see who has studied them and who hasn't.

No the universe has no awareness of me you or anything else just like you are not aware of the exchange of oxygen that occurs in your lungs. Or like the ocean is not aware of the waves that stem from it.

We are not aware of anything in the universe as all our information of it is literally billions of years old. We are not looking at the universe as it is but as it was a long time ago.
You are part of the universe. You are a product of the creation of the universe. That is a scientific fact.

Actually they are remarkably accurate for being copied so many times. Especially when compared to other ancient texts.

But yes, we probably don't share the same interpretation of the Gospels. I've studied them extensively for the express purpose of seeking the intent of the author. You haven't. You have made a cursory pass to confirm your bias.

If you like we can compare our understanding of specific accounts to see who has studied them and who hasn't.
Pretty arrogant assumption on your part. I'd be the first to admit you may know their theology better than I do but I don't know if you understand their context any better.

But religion is not of nature it is an imposed order by a supposedly all powerful being
Everything is part of nature. No, religion was not an imposed order by a supposedly all powerful being. Religion is a construct of man.

I'm going to stand by my original assessment that your extremely poor examples of faith (which you continue to double down on) tells me that you have absolutely no understanding of what faith is, how it is used or the power it holds.

Yes you would think using the actual definition is a poor example.

Tell you what when you publish your own dictionary then you can use your made up definitions

But religion is not of nature it is an imposed order by a supposedly all powerful being
Everything is part of nature. No, religion was not an imposed order by a supposedly all powerful being. Religion is a construct of man.

Yes, I am spirit and matter. We all are. I'm not forcing that belief on anyone. I couldn't care less which path you take in life.

That's a wonderful rationalization for your disrespect of others.

One more thing you believe with absolutely no proof. Therefore it is opinion

Only fragile people like you whine about being disrespected all the time.

Gods are a construct of man

You cannot just come across religion in nature it doesn't exist in the natural world just like good and evil don't exist in nature. Religion is a product of the intellectual capacity of people

Given an infinite universe and infinite time, Hamlet was inevitable. Doesn't mean the universe was created for Shakespeare.
The universe is not infinite. The universe is finite. It had a beginning.

You assume God exists, is described by Christianity, and work from there. I see no reason to make either assumption. How would your thinking be different if you first assumed God did not exist?
Again... that's not how I did it. I already told you how I did it. I did assume God did not exist.

I consider myself pretty well educated on the nature and structure of our universe. God may have been the Creator, I don't know, but I don't see a lot of evidence in our universe that it was created for us. That is something man, in his arrogance has always assumed, but I see no evidence of.
Saying the universe was created as an intelligence creating machine doesn't mean it was created for us. It was created to produce intelligence.

And from my perspective your understanding of the nature and structure of the universe is poor. You have never studied it like I have.

Forum List

Back