Zone1 Noah's Ark

Genesis 9:20–27, King James Version

FUNNY FACE AAA.jpg all a myth.

It's the changing angles of the moon's surface features that reveal its spherical shape.
But that's inferred. That's not actual stereo perception of a 3D object. What you see is a 2D shape, using binoculars or not.

And since the iron age folks did not have the tools to infer such an idea, they most certainly had no real idea the moon was a sphere.

Doesn’t the fact that you have to do so many gyrations and jump through so many hoops to make the Ark story “work” tell you that it’s a myth/fable/parable/whatever?
It doesn't mater how many hoops they jump through. We can use genetic science to demonstrate the ark myth is false. Definitively.

If I presented the math, would it change your mind?

I did the math already.

"1 cubits to inches = 17.71654 inches"

300 cubits = 5314 inches = 134 meters

The Wyoming was 140 meters.

It's been done. I literally posted it, then you say it's three times the volume of the Wyoming.

It's SHORTER than the Wyoming. The Wyoming had problems because it was too big and it couldn't keep the water out without pumps.

I did the math already.

"1 cubits to inches = 17.71654 inches"

300 cubits = 5314 inches = 134 meters

The Wyoming was 140 meters.

It's been done. I literally posted it, then you say it's three times the volume of the Wyoming.

It's SHORTER than the Wyoming. The Wyoming had problems because it was too big and it couldn't keep the water out without pumps.
The hull length of the Wyoming was 99.8 meters.

The internal volume of the Wyoming was 373,000 cubic feet.
The internal volume of the ark was 1,500,000 cubic feet (approx).

Last edited:
nutz is obtuse - defending the myth than the true event is proof enough ... neither ark nor fauna and flora were the subject of the ancient heavenly event of humanities early beginning.

nutz is obtuse - defending the myth than the true event is proof enough ... neither ark nor fauna and flora were the subject of the ancient heavenly event of humanities early beginning.
I hope you are having as much fun debunking the flood story as I am defending it. :)

The hull length of the Wyoming was 99.8 meters.

The internal volume of the Wyoming was 373,000 cubic feet.
The internal volume of the ark was 1,500,000 cubic feet (approx).

And where do you get the 1.5 million cubic feet from?

It's not in the Bible. "Make the boat 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high."

And the length of the Wyoming was 140 meters, 110 meters on deck.

The Bible doesn't talk about deck size, it talks about length, which is comparable to the Wyoming's 140 meters.

And where do you get the 1.5 million cubic feet from?

It's not in the Bible. "Make the boat 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high."

And the length of the Wyoming was 140 meters, 110 meters on deck.

The Bible doesn't talk about deck size, it talks about length, which is comparable to the Wyoming's 140 meters.
450*45*75=1,518,750

Cubes? The measurement is in cubits.

Do you know what a cube is? A cube is essentially 6 squares. They've taken the measurements of the Ark and multiplied them all. If you do that, you get a cube, or a rectangular cuboid, essentially.

But this isn't what an "ark" is. An "ark" is a boat. So the top surface will be different to the bottom surface meaning the volume of the thing is much, much less than the math done.

Do you know what a cube is? A cube is essentially 6 squares. They've taken the measurements of the Ark and multiplied them all. If you do that, you get a cube, or a rectangular cuboid, essentially.

But this isn't what an "ark" is. An "ark" is a boat. So the top surface will be different to the bottom surface meaning the volume of the thing is much, much less than the math done.

Cubits...not cubes.

Cubits...not cubes.

Look, if you're going to jump into a conversation, try and understand what is being said.

A rectangular cuboid.

1717664240046.png

You take the length and you multiply it by the height and multiply it by the width then you get the volume.

1717664299901.png

A boat, if you take the length, and multiply it by the width and multiply it by the height, you WILL NOT GET THE VOLUME because the length, width and height are not CONSISTENT.

Forum List

Back