Non-believers turn to prayer in a crisis

God did that! Awesome!"
That's the motto by which I live.
Frankly, I have not a single problem with that, pragmatically. Such a thing should not necessarily get in the way of anything. Not science, not morals, not ethics, not anything.

What happens when people take the next logical step and begin to wonder why God did this or that?. For instance, there was a natural disaster. It was the will of God. Great, but why? Thats when some religious bullshit artist who has already been lying in the name of God for his entire life anyway steps up and says its because of the gays, the Mexicans, the hippies, the Jews, rock and roll, demon weed, hollywood, the liberal media, telletubbies, whatever..,... anyone but themselves.

Anyone could be the one chosen by crazy people to be persecuted or slaughtered to appease an angry God.

Thats a problem.
What lead up to the disaster?
It's the natural inclination of the ego to sit down and cry, "Wah! I didn't do anything to deserve this!".
It's interesting that someone who claims to believe that nothing in the physical exists doesn't take into consideration the fact that nothing happens in the physical world that wasn't caused by the spiritual world being influenced by the physical world.

God did that! Awesome!"
Frankly, I have not a single problem with that, pragmatically. Such a thing should not necessarily get in the way of anything. Not science, not morals, not ethics, not anything.

What happens when people take the next logical step and begin to wonder why God did this or that?. For instance, there was a natural disaster. It was the will of God. Great, but why? The gays, the Mexicans, the hippies, the jews, hollywood, the liberal media, etc.

Anyone could be the one chosen by crazy people to be persecuted or slaughtered to appease an angry God.

Thats a problem.
God doesn't need nor want to be appeased. He wishes to love and save! Man cannot save himself --- he is at Satan's mercy. Technically, GOD can end sin, but He must either wipe out everything and begin afresh, or save the portion that will turn to HIM for HIS saving grace and move on. HE predetermined/predestined to do the latter. And HE will follow through to the grand finale --- if only to save this select remnant.

When people learned that the world was round they didn't go around killing all the teachers and burning down all of the schools who were teaching that the world was flat. They just updated their curriculum and adjusted to the revelation, right?

In the same way, when the truth comes to light after Jesus emerges from the clouds that have obscured him from sight for the past 2000 years and all things are made new it will not require the destruction of anything except for what is not true.

And who would possibly object to that?

Last edited:
God did that! Awesome!"

What happens when people take the next logical step and begin to wonder why God did this or that?. For instance, there was a natural disaster. It was the will of God. Great, but why? The gays, the Mexicans, the hippies, the jews, hollywood, the liberal media, etc.

Thats a problem.
God doesn't need nor want to be appeased. He wishes to love and save! Man cannot save himself --- he is at Satan's mercy. Technically, GOD can end sin, but He must either wipe out everything and begin afresh, or save the portion that will turn to HIM for HIS saving grace and move on. HE predetermined/predestined to do the latter. And HE will follow through to the grand finale --- if only to save this select remnant.

When people learned that the world was round they didn't go around killing all the teachers and burning down all of the schools who were teaching that the world was flat. They just updated their curriculum and adjusted to the revelation, right?

In the same way, when the truth comes to light after Jesus emerges from the clouds that have obscured him from sight for the past 2000 years and all things are made new it does not require the destruction of anything.
Two groups of people committed mass murder...Christians and Muslims.
Your religions loses the claim for civility.

God did that! Awesome!"

Thats a problem.

In the same way, when the truth comes to light after Jesus emerges from the clouds that have obscured him from sight for the past 2000 years and all things are made new it does not require the destruction of anything.
Two groups of people committed mass murder...Christians and Muslims.
Your religions loses the claim for civility.
My religion? What religion is that? lol...I am not a Christian or Muslim.

I thought that was obvious. You are nothing if not consistent. Apparently thinking is not your strong suit.

God did that! Awesome!"

What happens when people take the next logical step and begin to wonder why God did this or that?. For instance, there was a natural disaster. It was the will of God. Great, but why? Thats when some religious bullshit artist who has already been lying in the name of God for his entire life anyway steps up and says its because of the gays, the Mexicans, the hippies, the Jews, rock and roll, demon weed, hollywood, the liberal media, telletubbies, whatever..,... anyone but themselves.

Thats a problem.
What lead up to the disaster?
It's the natural inclination of the ego to sit down and cry, "Wah! I didn't do anything to deserve this!".
It's interesting that someone who claims to believe that nothing in the physical exists doesn't take into consideration the fact that nothing happens in the physical world that wasn't caused by the spiritual world being influenced by the physical world.

What lead up to the disaster? A strong weather front? :dunno:

What do you think? Maybe someone wasn't praying fervently enough to a block of wood? Your wife sprinkled bacon bits on the family salad? Two guys got married in Texas?

Last edited:
What happens when people take the next logical step and begin to wonder why God did this or that?
They either reach the conclusion that they do not know, or they delude themselves, by the standards of empirical knowledge.

So true. Cheers, Hobelim! Here is to other future agreements. :)

God doesn't need nor want to be appeased.
God doesn't just demand belief in His own existence, he demands we worship him as the only God and that we fear Him. That is, if you believe parts of the Bible. How do you reconcile this with the truth of the idea (as you claim)that God does not care or demand that we appease Him?

Forum List

Back