None of you are rich. Why are you defending billionaires?

[

You got problems if you cannot live well on 1/4 mill per year.

The national average wage index for 2009 is 40,711.61

250k is over 6 times the average national wage.

It's probably too much, eh comrade? Gotta take enough of that away to make 'em humble, right?

that is your thought not mine.

I am for a pure flat tax with no deductions at all.
Everyone pays exactly the same percentage of their income, ALL income even capital gains.

Last edited:
What "masters" and what "empire"?

Read a book.

No,wait..based on your questions, read a LOT of books.

We really cannot have a serious discussion about social science issues if we aren't both working with the similarly informed data bases.

You view Obama as your master?

I view this society as being controlled by a class of masters, yes.

You can tell yourself, if you choose, that you are a free man in Paris, unfettered and alive, but I prefer to acknowledge that this society is captive of the very system that puts some of us on top of the heap and most of us subserviant.

Its the word "master" that you object to. I could as easily used the word leader.

I use the more inflammatory word master to remind folks that our concept of our FREEDOM is largely illusionary.

Probably my POV and word choice stems from having been drafted.

Remember what the DRAFT really was.

It was ENDENTURED SERVITUDE and the good people of the USA (myself included) went along with it just like most slaves went along with slavery.

Last edited:
First, to do so would be regarded as a form of treachery which would leave them subject to appropriate retaliation in the event of radical changes in world economy.

What form of "retaliation" do you believe would be appropriate for a supposedly civilized government to inflict on its citizens? What system of ethics endorses "retaliation" against people who have done nothing except try to leave?

You just can't help thinking like a thug, can you Mike?

Last edited:
What does it matter to any of you what another person's income is?

Everyone should be able to keep as much of what they earn as possible. Period.

Thats not how a country works and runs, have the balls to be optimistic yet realistic at the same time.

True, it has turned into a kleptocracy where every election is a present auction on future goods.

What does it matter to any of you what another person's income is?

Everyone should be able to keep as much of what they earn as possible. Period.

Thats not how a country works and runs, have the balls to be optimistic yet realistic at the same time.

True, it has turned into a kleptocracy where every election is a present auction on future goods.
[Emphasis added] That is a compelling phrase.

I'm going to steal that for future use.

:thup:

Read a book.

No,wait..based on your questions, read a LOT of books.

We really cannot have a serious discussion about social science issues if we aren't both working with the similarly informed data bases.

You can tell yourself, if you choose, that you are a free man in Paris, unfettered and alive, but I prefer to acknowledge that this society is captive of the very system that puts some of us on top of the heap and most of us subserviant.

Its the word "master" that you object to. I could as easily used the word leader.

I use the more inflammatory word master to remind folks that our concept of our FREEDOM is largely illusionary.

It was ENDENTURED SERVITUDE and the good people of the USA (myself included) went along with it just like most slaves went along with slavery.

Why do you still choose to serve your master?

Answer that question for yourself and you may understand.

Answer that question for yourself and you may understand.

I'm not the one that feels we're being controlled by masters.

We are being controlled by masters. The richest in this country use that money and power to buy off legislators (both R and D)...control markets...influence elections....

They control things so much that they got the SCOTUS to agree that corporations are people, money is free speech, and there shouldn't be a limit to the political influence that money can exert.

We're not talking shadowy conspiracy theory stuff here...just plain common sense. If you think the majority of big business is some benevolent force that wants fair play and goodness for all then you're ignorant of history and capitalism.

Last edited:
We are being controlled by masters. The richest in this country use that money and power to buy off legislators (both R and D)...control markets...influence elections....

They control things so much that they got the SCOTUS to agree that corporations are people, money is free speech, and there shouldn't be a limit to the political influence that money can exert.

We're not talking shadowy conspiracy theory stuff here...just plain common sense. If you think the majority of big business is some benevolent force that wants fair play and goodness for all then you're ignorant of history and capitalism.

You may be controlled. I am not.

[

You got problems if you cannot live well on 1/4 mill per year.

The national average wage index for 2009 is 40,711.61

250k is over 6 times the average national wage.

It's probably too much, eh comrade? Gotta take enough of that away to make 'em humble, right?

Everyone pays exactly the same percentage of their income, ALL income even capital gains.

Agreed--then we wouldn't have this class that pays no income tax what-so-ever constantly calling for others to pay their fair share---:cuckoo:

It just doesn't make sense that many Americans have resorted to taxing another class whom already pay 95% of the entire tax base in this country to pay more. This is the top 10% earners in this country--and the top 5% pay 67% of the 95%.

What has this country come to--when we're O.K. with punishing success--while rewarding failure. We might as well refer to this country as the LAND OF NO OPPORTUNITY.

This administration is the most anti-business administration in the history of the United States. He's out there continually threatening business with higher taxes--in return they have tucked in like a turtle and are waiting for the threat to leave.

Agreed--then we wouldn't have this class that pays no income tax what-so-ever constantly calling for others to pay their fair share---:cuckoo:

It just doesn't make sense that many Americans have resorted to taxing another class whom already pay 95% of the entire tax base in this country to pay more. This is the top 10% earners in this country--and the top 5% pay 67% of the 95%.

What has this country come to--when we're O.K. with punishing success--while rewarding failure. We might as well refer to this country as the LAND OF NO OPPORTUNITY.

This administration is the most anti-business administration in the history of the United States. He's out there continually threatening business with higher taxes--in return they have tucked in like a turtle and are waiting for the threat to leave.

Complete and utter horseshit, driven by fear and hatred.

Obama isn't anti-business...he's bailed out Wall Street...tried to push an infrastructure plan that relies on corporations...and his healthcare plan pushed more people INTO buying private insurance.

WTF?? This is the bullshit that drives me crazy. You hate the man so you believe the lies and not the facts that are in front of your face.

Furthermore, you've bought into this "omg if we could just get rid of all the lazy assholes this kuntree would be great again!" bullshit mentality.

WEll I could TRY to say that I don't since I am the CEO of a corporation and answer to nobody, but that isn't entirely the truth since I answer to my funders about once a year when I petition them to continue funding our project.

So I guess I'll say that the reason so many of us do not take up arms against what we think is a system that makes us little better than slaves is because we do not think that the price of the imaginary freedom we'd likely get as a result of the rebellion is really worth all the bloodshed.

Of course if things continue to go down the shitter, who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Forum List

Back