Normal diplomatic protocol - not if you think Snowden is there.

I

Indofred

BBC News - Bolivia leader's jet diverted 'amid Snowden suspicions'

Bolivian President Evo Morales's plane has been diverted to Austria amid suspicion that US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden is on board, the Bolivian foreign minister has said.

Officials in both Austria and Bolivia said Mr Snowden was not on the plane.

France and Portugal reportedly refused to allow the Bolivia-bound flight to cross their airspace.

This is absolutely shocking.
America is guilty of yet another serious infraction. There is no way any aircraft carrying diplomats or politicians should be refused normal diplomatic privilege but the usual rules and courtesies are fair game if America thinks Snowden might be on board.

I wonder what would happen if air force one was forced into a landing.

All parties involved in this smashing of basic internationally accepted rules should be ashamed of their actions.

Austrian plane search for leaker Snowden enrages Bolivia | Reuters

The countries involved in this outrageous stop and search of an aircraft with diplomatic immunity have just lost all rights to such immunity for their own diplomatic missions.

Of course, if an American diplomat is ever searched, your government will be all upset and cry like a little girl with a skinned knee.

Where is air force one at the moment and are there any nice unfriendly countries it could be forced down in?

The witch hunt is getting to unprecedented levels. Snowden no longer poses any real threat, he let his secretes out already and we would likely already have him in custody if they did not flip out about him. The only reason that other nations are poking us in the eye about this is because of the big fit we are throwing over it.

another great job by the administration. Didn't Kerry campaign on the promise that he could make the Europeans respect us again ?

Austrian plane search for leaker Snowden enrages Bolivia | Reuters

The countries involved in this outrageous stop and search of an aircraft with diplomatic immunity have just lost all rights to such immunity for their own diplomatic missions.

Of course, if an American diplomat is ever searched, your government will be all upset and cry like a little girl with a skinned knee.

Where is air force one at the moment and are there any nice unfriendly countries it could be forced down in?

Try Egypt.

Spain has now admitted, it was Snowden rumours that forced an aircraft with diplomatic immunity to be diverted.
Since only America would have any real reason to do this, I think it's a safe assumption the American security services were behind this serious breach of international law.

BBC News - Edward Snowden 'seeks asylum in further six countries'

Earlier on Friday, Spain's foreign minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo admitted he and the other European countries had been told that Mr Snowden was on board - but refused to say who gave out the information.

However, as you'd expect from most corrupt policemen, I don't seriously expect an apology to come from America.

As the baron said to the bishop, "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely".
Of course, as I'm sure you know, Pitt said something similar but didn't put it quite so nicely and Lamartine tarted it up so much, no bugger cared what he said.
However, regardless of the etymology, the truth of the line holds when you consider the American government's willingness to break international law, knowing nothing serious can be done against it.

Sorta makes one forget about the IRS and Benghazi for a little while
:eusa_shhh:
Let Obama wag the dog

Absolutely insane. The inmates running the nut house.

Anyone that defends this is a whacked in the head!

Forum List

Back