North Carolina drug testing welfare applicants

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
So 1/4 failed the test and 70 failed to show up. Almost 100 druggies the state isn't paying for, well done NC, well done

North Carolina Drug Testing Welfare Applicants

Starting late last year, North Carolina began issuing drug tests to new applicants for certain state welfare benefits. Now the state is reporting that 24 percent of the first batch of applicants tested came up positive for illegal drugs.

State officials report that of the 89 applicants given the drug test, 21 of them tested positive. An additional 70 applicants who were told to take the test never showed up for their appointment and consequently never got benefits.

North Carolina Drug Testing Welfare Applicants - Breitbart

I usually don't support this (because of its failure rate) but these results aint that bad.. Good for them.

I usually don't support this (because of its failure rate) but these results aint that bad.. Good for them.

My take on it is people that pay the taxes for this are most likely subjected to testing so there is no reason the applicants are not also

If someone on welfare is on drugs, then they obviously don't need that money, that bad. Even weed is expensive as shit. Why should WE pay for YOUR drug habit?

They should also test the members of the North Carolina legislature as well. Just b/c you wear a suit or a dress doesn't make living off the taxpayers dime any more noble.

If someone on welfare is on drugs, then they obviously don't need that money, that bad. Even weed is expensive as shit. Why should WE pay for YOUR drug habit?

Our Church has an Outreach program, there is something wrong when someone is standing in a line for a free meal and all the while talking on an Iphone, wearing Nike shoes and clothing and they got out of a SUV to get in line.

What a waste of time.Half of the fails got their benefits anyway because they had kids.
Why pay the $55 to test people when the results dont matter ?

Also, despite the positive results, in half the cases benefits were still paid to the applicants because children were involved.

Our Church has an Outreach program, there is something wrong when someone is standing in a line for a free meal and all the while talking on an Iphone, wearing Nike shoes and clothing and they got out of a SUV to get in line.
Judgment day for you is going to require an army of judges...

What a waste of time.Half of the fails got their benefits anyway because they had kids.

Also, despite the positive results, in half the cases benefits were still paid to the applicants because children were involved.
Good point.

Judgment day for you is going to require an army of judges...

Get lost, I'm not interested in your flaming and trolling BS

Good point.

IDK 70 applicants failed to show, that pays for the drug tests.

Good point.

It was still a waste. I mean, if they are going to get them regardless, whats the point?

Ya know, the more I read about this, the more I am wavering. This applies only to NC's Work First program and the benefits mostly remain intact do the to the fact that children are involved. What the hell is the point then? I am starting to lean towards redundant and wasteful.

Good point.

It was still a waste. I mean, if they are going to get them regardless, whats the point?

The children get them, the adult's is deducted. There is nothing wrong with drug testing welfare applicants and given the waste already in government the money spent is minuscule

Ya know, the more I read about this, the more I am wavering. This applies only to NC's Work First program and the benefits mostly remain intact do the to the fact that children are involved. What the hell is the point then? I am starting to lean towards redundant and wasteful.

LOL Every government program is wasteful. Besides this is a "great economy" according to the Obamabots, get a job.

They should also test the members of the North Carolina legislature as well. Just b/c you wear a suit or a dress doesn't make living off the taxpayers dime any more noble.

To me that is nothing more than a gotcha moment. People working in the legislature are "working." They are not receiving government benefits designed (theoretically) to get them on their feet and back to being productive members of society. A legislative rep toking up on a camping weekend isn't costing me anything.

To me drug use such as pot isn't my concern, unless I'm paying for your benefits, AND you are not producing anything of value. THEN it's my concern because if you have time $$ for drugs, you should have time and $$ to improve yourself instead, and get on your own feet. THEN you can use drugs on your own dime, not min.

URINALYSIS-e1328054224371.jpg

Forum List

Back