Not a Matter of Religion

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
.....The ceremony begins. As the brigade commander finishes his speech, the soldiers quickly run to their commanders, their families and their friends who have come to show their support and encouragement.

When Pvt. Muhammad Atrash's turn comes, he doesn’t look for anyone in the audience. “My parents wanted to come, but I convinced them not to,” he explains. “Jerusalem is very far from our home, we don’t have a car and it’s an hour-long drive.”

The commander tells Muhammad to stand in front of him. Instead of the Hebrew Bible, the young soldier picks up a Quran, decorated with Gold ornaments. He swears his allegiance to the State of Israel, holding the book tightly and smiling.

1.jpg

Not a Matter of Religion

--------------

happy0148.gif

May GOD strengthen those young men and preserve them as they work to preserve Israel for ALL her people.

.....The ceremony begins. As the brigade commander finishes his speech, the soldiers quickly run to their commanders, their families and their friends who have come to show their support and encouragement.

When Pvt. Muhammad Atrash's turn comes, he doesn’t look for anyone in the audience. “My parents wanted to come, but I convinced them not to,” he explains. “Jerusalem is very far from our home, we don’t have a car and it’s an hour-long drive.”

The commander tells Muhammad to stand in front of him. Instead of the Hebrew Bible, the young soldier picks up a Quran, decorated with Gold ornaments. He swears his allegiance to the State of Israel, holding the book tightly and smiling.

1.jpg

Not a Matter of Religion

--------------

happy0148.gif
I don't know how many times I've said Share Jerusalem and make a successful integration of its Economy to make a Palestinian State and they all will defend Israel.

Sometimes I think a Confederation is the best solution.

Accept the Arab Peace offer modified with dual sovereignty for Jerusalem.

More Israeli Arabs doing national service

At a time when the Israeli government is struggling to get ultra-Orthodox Jews into the army, a record number of Israeli Arabs are volunteering for national service.

Despite calls from leaders in the Arab community to shun national service, 3,000 young Israeli Arabs answered the call this year, a 76 percent increase from the 1,700 who volunteered last year.

At a ceremony earlier this week in Haifa, the National Service Administration welcomed the 3,000th Arab volunteer this year, Suriah Suad, who will do her national service by volunteering in the maternity ward at Ziv Hospital in Safed. Four other young Arab volunteers were presented with commendations for outstanding service.

More Israeli Arabs doing national service - Israel Today | Israel News

Israel sure does treat all of their citizens well. I am not aware of a single Palestinian Arab citizen of Israel who has opted to leave to go live in some Arab country. Has there been any that anyone knows of?

At a time when the Israeli government is struggling to get ultra-Orthodox Jews into the army, a record number of Israeli Arabs are volunteering for national service.

Despite calls from leaders in the Arab community to shun national service, 3,000 young Israeli Arabs answered the call this year, a 76 percent increase from the 1,700 who volunteered last year.

At a ceremony earlier this week in Haifa, the National Service Administration welcomed the 3,000th Arab volunteer this year, Suriah Suad, who will do her national service by volunteering in the maternity ward at Ziv Hospital in Safed. Four other young Arab volunteers were presented with commendations for outstanding service.

I hope Jose sees this thread. When Coyote said that some Arabs voluntarily serve in Israel's army, he nearly bit off her head. Surprisingly and graciously, she thanked him. 3,000 Arabs, in a population as small as Israel's, is a significant number.

Originally posted by ForeverYoung436
I hope Jose sees this thread. When Coyote said that some Arabs voluntarily serve in Israel's army, he nearly bit off her head. Surprisingly and graciously, she thanked him. 3,000 Arabs, in a population as small as Israel's, is a significant number.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ForeverYoung, my man... what you just said is so sadly true... I also felt terribly bad the moment I read her gracious response to my rude criticism of her. Maybe I should change my nick to "Joe the Caveman".

But don't forget I got a lot of flak too...

Liability:
"Was the creation of José's brain from a pile of steaming dog shit a good idea?"

If you want to debate anything on the Internet there are two absolute requirements:

knowledge on the subject and a rhino-like skin. :D

But the point I made there was right on the money, Forever.

The western press does convey a deceiving image of the arab citizens of Israel to westerners like Coyote.

I don't have the time right now but I'm gonna "resurrect" that thread from the dead and straighten out Lipush and Hossfly real good.

Jose, this thread is abut a Muslim who is proud to serve his country. Why must you distort everything ?
Do you have anything positive to say about this ?

May God protect all IDF soldiers wherever they are.

Nice to see something like that.

My own Navy-commander was an Arab girl from Haifa, and she was such a kind and awesome person with such willingness to serve and protect the country.

THAT is the kind of things which should be encouraged and praised!:)

Last edited:
May God protest all IDF soldiers wherever they are.

Nice to see something like that.

My own Navy-commander was an Arab girl from Haifa, and she was such a kind and awesome person with such willingness to serve and protect the country.

THAT is the kind of things which should be encouraged and praised!:)

I second that Lipush !!

Israel sure does treat all of their citizens well.

This Monday, the Prawer-Begin Plan for the Arrangement of Bedouin-Palestinian Settlement in the Negev passed the first Knesset reading. The plan involves evicting 30-40,000 Bedouin citizens of Israel from their homes. Given what is currently happening, your statement generates some cognitive dissonance.

The Israel Democracy Institute in its annual survey of 2011 found that 77.6 per cent of Palestinian/Arab citizens of Israel interviewed felt "discriminated against compared with Jewish citizens." This does not suggest the majority feel they are being treated well, or equally, by the larger society.

This Monday, the Prawer-Begin Plan for the Arrangement of Bedouin-Palestinian Settlement in the Negev passed the first Knesset reading. The plan involves evicting 30-40,000 Bedouin citizens of Israel from their homes. Given what is currently happening, your statement generates some cognitive dissonance....

where does Israel expect them to go????????

The Sea???

This Monday, the Prawer-Begin Plan for the Arrangement of Bedouin-Palestinian Settlement in the Negev passed the first Knesset reading. The plan involves evicting 30-40,000 Bedouin citizens of Israel from their homes. Given what is currently happening, your statement generates some cognitive dissonance....

where does Israel expect them to go????????

The Sea???

We expect them to live in cities and not in tents.

Do you think that if *I* went in the middle of a hellhole, put a stick and a tent and said I lived there I won't be evacuated?

And why it is ok to take out JEWS who sit 'illegally' in some place but if far out there do demand the same out of Bedouins?

Forum List

Back