Not All Conservatives Thrilled About Romney VP Pick

You can tax the "rich" at 100% and we would STILL be in very, very DEEP shit...

And you do know that "the Right" gives very generously to charities, don't you?

Yes, and so does the left-give to charities.
Just not as much... That's ok - you thought you had a point..

And I in no way advocate taxing the rich at 100%.

And yes, our debt is out of control.

So a balanced approach is in order-not just slashing Medicare and Medicaid and SS but also looking at the defense budget for example and how bloated that is.
Except nobody is looking at "just slashing Medicare and Medicaid and SS"... That is just regurgitated spin and lies... It's laughable, actually... If you really and truly believe that, then you're beyond kool-aid....

Apparently you're OK with 0bama's 700 billion in cuts to Medicare though, correct?

Prove that the right pays more than the left in charity and even if they do, why that matters again?

The 700 billion is not going to affect Seniors Medicare benefits or quality of care. It is directed at Medicare Advantage-a program that allows Seniors to buy private insurance.

Medicare is improved by the doughnut hole being closed for prescription drugs and wellness exams and tests being covered 100 percent.

Now, I gotta get some sleep.

This liberal works and has to get up in the morning. :)

They had to bring down the borrowing....Obama wasn't going to do that because he needs to borrow for his social agenda. Yes, it's hyperpartisan.....we're 16 trillion in debt and rising everyday. We couldn't even pass a budget, and Obama's budget got 0 votes....0 votes, what kind of major league president offers a budget and it gets 0 votes??????

The problem with this logic is that the money was already spent. Congress had already passed the appropriations bills.

So this was just a gimmick on the part of the Republicans and unfortunately we all paid a price for it with a credit downgrade.

Here's where I will give some ground. I think Obama could of done a better job of getting involved and working with both sides and in my view, and that of others, he did not handle this as well as he could have. But, either did the Republicans and they said repeatedly that they were willing to let us default to get their way. No wonder we were downgraded.

I'm sure you can link us to that statement...

Give it your best shot...

Yes I can, tomorrow. I will come back and give several good links for anything you want me to. Just let me know which ones and I'll come back.

If you could be so kind as to provide the charity link, I'd like to see that.

Goodnight!!

No not at all
1) this is what your talking about?

There are multiple new payment and delivery models being phased into Medicare now, if you're actually interested. You can find more information about most of them on the web site of the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation, the body created in the Medicare reform law and empowered to, as they put it, "test, evaluate and spread the best solutions from the diversity of innovators around the country" in Medicare.

The point being that the Democrats' Medicare reforms are not being proposed, they're being implemented. These reforms are not about scrapping the program because fixing it is too hard, they're about finding the right payment and delivery models to bring Medicare into the 21st century and set it on a more sustainable path. Better care and slower cost growth are achievable, and all without dismantling the program.

So as I understand it Ryans plan will issue vouchers for seniors to buy private health insurance with?

And adding another layer of profit making will save money?
the privatized portion of Medicare, Medicare Advantage already costs 14% more than standard Medicare.

The problem with this logic is that the money was already spent. Congress had already passed the appropriations bills.

So this was just a gimmick on the part of the Republicans and unfortunately we all paid a price for it with a credit downgrade.

Here's where I will give some ground. I think Obama could of done a better job of getting involved and working with both sides and in my view, and that of others, he did not handle this as well as he could have. But, either did the Republicans and they said repeatedly that they were willing to let us default to get their way. No wonder we were downgraded.

I'm sure you can link us to that statement...

Give it your best shot...

Yes I can, tomorrow. I will come back and give several good links for anything you want me to. Just let me know which ones and I'll come back.

If you could be so kind as to provide the charity link, I'd like to see that.

Goodnight!!

Arthur C. Brooks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check out ""Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism"

Here is why democrats are panicked.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwv5EbxXSmE]The Path to Prosperity (Episode 1): America's two futures, visualized - YouTube[/ame]

"When you don't have a record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Here is why democrats are panicked.

The Path to Prosperity (Episode 1): America's two futures, visualized - YouTube

"When you don't have a record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Here is part 2 of the Path to Prosperity--in which Ryan discusses the problem with Medicare and his plan to save it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJIC7kEq6kw]The Path to Prosperity (Episode 2): Saving Medicare, Visualized - YouTube[/ame]

By Charles P. Pierce

The only reason that the zombie-eyed granny-starver Paul Ryan gets to present his own federal budget, as though he were the shadow president and not a guy elected by roughly 180,000 people in and around Janesville, Wisconsin, is that he managed early on to convince people that he was not your run-of-the-mill zombie-eyed, granny-starving, trickle-down Randian snake-oil salesman of the kind that have been running Republican economic policy since half-past Ronald Reagan's lucidity. No, indeed. Ryan was a Serious Man Of Public Policy, interested only in disinterested pursuit of answers to the country's pressing economic needs. You might disagree with him, we were told, but you can't dispute the fact that the man knows his stuff. Even liberal wonks found themselves charmed by Ryan's charts and graphs, all of which, remarkably, came to the same conclusions that a generation of conservative fiscal cranks had been proposing for 30 years. Shift the country's wealth upward and soak the poor and the middle class. Create a functional oligarchy in the national economy and lay in sufficient budgetary traps and snares that the oligarchy you have created is unassailable in the future.

Nonetheless, the ways of the Village are what they are, so Paul Ryan got to bring forth his own budget on Tuesday, and its fiscal bullying is matched only by its towering political cowardice. Ryan is forever meeping about making the "tough choices" necessary to get our economic house back in order, but faced with actual tough political choices, he and his pet budget duck every single one of them. He's still a zombie-eyed granny-starver, but he pushes all the actual zombie-eyed granny-starving down the road a decade, so as not to anger the various grannies in the First Congressional District of Wisconsin. (Ezra Klein seems to find this alarming, although I don't know why, since at least there will be less granny-starving in the short term.) And Ryan and the other Republicans are breaking all kinds of rock trying to defang the automatic defense cuts in the Budget Conrol Act of last summer. Republicans rushing to protect the defense budget — there's change we can believe in.

The fact that this budget is shot through with political chickenshit is relevant because this is primarily a political document, a campaign blueprint for the Republicans this fall. (It's also an attempt to establish bargaining position in the upcoming budgetary brawl with the White House. Whether that succeeds, of course, is completely dependent on whether the White House takes any part of this bag of horrors seriously enough as an actual budget to negotiate on it.) As a plan for governing, it's yet another blueprint for economic dystopia from a man who either doesn't know, or doesn't care, what life is actually like for the people who don't buy him $4000 bottles of wine in restaurants far from the Time Out Pub in Janesville. It's a supply-sider's wet dream, in technicolor, with Jenna Jameson serving you popcorn at intermission. Food stamps and Medicaid — which loses $770 billion anyway, according to Ryan's plan — get handed back to the states in the form of block grants which, if our experience with stimulus money and the tobacco settlement are any indication, the states will then use to fund those things that get their governors re-elected, and you may have noticed that healthy poor people are rarely one of those things. There's what amounts to be a flat-tax: two basic income-tax rates, the top being 25 percent. Also the corporate tax rate gets cut to 20 percent. Because he has to pretend that he's visiting this radical restructuring of the American economy on us because of his great concern over The Deficit — and we'll get to that particular canard in a moment — Ryan proposes to close "loopholes", which means that the upper one percent loses some boutoniere money while you lose your mortgage interest deduction, but you and Steve Forbes will be paying the same flat rate, so it's all good!

More (delicious): Paul Ryan's Budget Is a Cowardly Political Joke, by Charles P. Pierce - Esquire

By Charles P. Pierce

The only reason that the zombie-eyed granny-starver Paul Ryan gets to present his own federal budget, as though he were the shadow president and not a guy elected by roughly 180,000 people in and around Janesville, Wisconsin, is that he managed early on to convince people that he was not your run-of-the-mill zombie-eyed, granny-starving, trickle-down Randian snake-oil salesman of the kind that have been running Republican economic policy since half-past Ronald Reagan's lucidity. No, indeed. Ryan was a Serious Man Of Public Policy, interested only in disinterested pursuit of answers to the country's pressing economic needs. You might disagree with him, we were told, but you can't dispute the fact that the man knows his stuff. Even liberal wonks found themselves charmed by Ryan's charts and graphs, all of which, remarkably, came to the same conclusions that a generation of conservative fiscal cranks had been proposing for 30 years. Shift the country's wealth upward and soak the poor and the middle class. Create a functional oligarchy in the national economy and lay in sufficient budgetary traps and snares that the oligarchy you have created is unassailable in the future.

Nonetheless, the ways of the Village are what they are, so Paul Ryan got to bring forth his own budget on Tuesday, and its fiscal bullying is matched only by its towering political cowardice. Ryan is forever meeping about making the "tough choices" necessary to get our economic house back in order, but faced with actual tough political choices, he and his pet budget duck every single one of them. He's still a zombie-eyed granny-starver, but he pushes all the actual zombie-eyed granny-starving down the road a decade, so as not to anger the various grannies in the First Congressional District of Wisconsin. (Ezra Klein seems to find this alarming, although I don't know why, since at least there will be less granny-starving in the short term.) And Ryan and the other Republicans are breaking all kinds of rock trying to defang the automatic defense cuts in the Budget Conrol Act of last summer. Republicans rushing to protect the defense budget — there's change we can believe in.

The fact that this budget is shot through with political chickenshit is relevant because this is primarily a political document, a campaign blueprint for the Republicans this fall. (It's also an attempt to establish bargaining position in the upcoming budgetary brawl with the White House. Whether that succeeds, of course, is completely dependent on whether the White House takes any part of this bag of horrors seriously enough as an actual budget to negotiate on it.) As a plan for governing, it's yet another blueprint for economic dystopia from a man who either doesn't know, or doesn't care, what life is actually like for the people who don't buy him $4000 bottles of wine in restaurants far from the Time Out Pub in Janesville. It's a supply-sider's wet dream, in technicolor, with Jenna Jameson serving you popcorn at intermission. Food stamps and Medicaid — which loses $770 billion anyway, according to Ryan's plan — get handed back to the states in the form of block grants which, if our experience with stimulus money and the tobacco settlement are any indication, the states will then use to fund those things that get their governors re-elected, and you may have noticed that healthy poor people are rarely one of those things. There's what amounts to be a flat-tax: two basic income-tax rates, the top being 25 percent. Also the corporate tax rate gets cut to 20 percent. Because he has to pretend that he's visiting this radical restructuring of the American economy on us because of his great concern over The Deficit — and we'll get to that particular canard in a moment — Ryan proposes to close "loopholes", which means that the upper one percent loses some boutoniere money while you lose your mortgage interest deduction, but you and Steve Forbes will be paying the same flat rate, so it's all good!

More (delicious): Paul Ryan's Budget Is a Cowardly Political Joke, by Charles P. Pierce - Esquire

Esquire Magazine. Nice! By Charles P. Pierce? A guy who called Romney "Stuck in the Racist Sewer of Our Politics." Yes ........ Is there anything you wont post?

Paul "Ayn Rand" Ryan is a clever cajoler, but I know a snake-oil peddler when I see one. He is one.

Great article, Pierce held nothing back. BTW, Esquire has pretty good circulation. I read it's 700,000.

Paul Ryan's Budget Is a Cowardly Political Joke

Well, let’s just say Ryan’s budget proposals are an example of subjective conservative fiscal dogma, a variation on a long and tedious rightist theme advocating the dismantling of the ‘New Deal Edifice.’

It’s predicated on a naïve and reactionary perception of an American economic paradigm that hasn’t existed for well over 100 years, and is consequently un-workable in a modern 21st Century economy.

Forum List

Back