Not All Conservatives Thrilled About Romney VP Pick

No it's that crappy because of the obvious mistakes he's made that every person can see. Biased or not, you can see this guy can't make a decision to save his life and when he does, they are terrible.

It is bias not to see the Ryan pick as a mistake, or the decision not to release his taxes as a mistake, or his lies about Bain or Obama as a mistake, or to avoid the press as a mistake, or to backtrack from a plan he called marvelous by his own VP, or all the wonderful decisions he made when he was in Europe, or all his flip flops or all his gaffes, or so many other things.

Wow-he's a real gem.

Obama's a real gem that's what we do know. Unemployment over 8%, the longest string of weeks in the last 60 years.
A weak economy...which he owns now.
High debt
High deficit
No budget in 3 years
Lowering the credit rating
Dividing America

Yeah, Obama is all aces, and it seems that is just honky dory with you....how can you even complain about Romney?

OK, I'm gonna start with the credit rating. Do you think Obama did that all by himself with no help from the House Republicans? Specifically the right wing Tea Party House Republicans that repeatedly refused to go along with the House Speakers attempts to compromise with Obama?

The ones that were willing to let us go into default and shut down the Government over something that numerous other Presidents were able to do numerous times with no problems whatsoever?

C'mon.

No, Obama didn't do that all by himself, but he didn't try to divert it either, Obama had no plan along with the dem. house and the dem senate that he had to change it. When the credit agency saw he had no plan and wasn't planning on one is when they had to pull the plug.

And just for the record, I never whined about wanting the Government to give me free shit. I don't need help from the Government. I work, my husband works. We have never taken a handout. I don't have a problem with wealth or success and I don't envy the wealthy.

What I do believe is we need to help the most vulnerable among us. I give a shit about others. I'm not all about me and what is mine. I do believe the wealthy are not paying their fair share in taxes and need to contribute more.

And when I debate, I sometimes deal with facts, sometimes with my opinion, and sometimes with both :)

Just for the record is all.

Last edited:
Obama's a real gem that's what we do know. Unemployment over 8%, the longest string of weeks in the last 60 years.
A weak economy...which he owns now.
High debt
High deficit
No budget in 3 years
Lowering the credit rating
Dividing America

Yeah, Obama is all aces, and it seems that is just honky dory with you....how can you even complain about Romney?

OK, I'm gonna start with the credit rating. Do you think Obama did that all by himself with no help from the House Republicans? Specifically the right wing Tea Party House Republicans that repeatedly refused to go along with the House Speakers attempts to compromise with Obama?

The ones that were willing to let us go into default and shut down the Government over something that numerous other Presidents were able to do numerous times with no problems whatsoever?

C'mon.

No, Obama didn't do that all by himself, but he didn't try to divert it either, Obama had no plan along with the dem. house and the dem senate that he had to change it. When the credit agency saw he had no plan and wasn't planing on one is when they had to pull the plug.

If you read the credit agency report, they stated one of the reasons they downgraded was because of the hyper partisan politics and the fact that Congress wasn't able to make a deal on the debt ceiling as major reasons for the downgrade.

And you are following Romney/Ryan like a good rightwing tool. He resorted to Rove's tactics because unfortunately it works to be negative.

<yawn> Regurgitated leftist shit... do you have anything new?

I wish it didn't. I wish both campaigns were truthful and factual and the campaign was on issues but unfortunately, we get what we get with Citizens United and the very wealthy buying elections and not everyone being fully informed on the issues when they vote.
Citizens United? More unrelated leftist bullshit... You ignore wealthy 0bama and whine that the rich Republicans won't give you free shit...

Boring...

You bore me too with your insults and generalities about the Left. So far, you've brought nothing to the table either.

My comments weren't generalities.. They're a direct comment on the lack of originality in YOUR leftist drivel... You deflect with unrelated topics and logical fallacies...

You are a dime a dozen over at any leftist site...

And just for the record, I never whined about wanting the Government to give me free shit. I don't need help from the Government. I work, my husband works. We have never taken a handout. I don't have a problem with wealth or success and I don't envy the wealthy.

What I do believe is we need to help the most vulnerable among us. I give a shit about others. I'm not all about me and what is mine. I do believe the wealthy are not paying their fair share in taxes and need to contribute more.

You can tax the "rich" at 100% and we would STILL be in very, very DEEP shit...

And you do know that "the Right" gives very generously to charities, don't you?

As far as I can tell, Obama's plan is to demagogue whatever the republicans come up with, and insult and embarass those who present any kind of plan or idea. No attempt to cooperate, compromise, or otherwise work with the GOP on anything. His tactics are to let someone else take the heat, and avoid any tough decisions as long as possible. Except one time he went after Bin Laden, but that's about it. The man knows nothing about good management or leadership.

C'mon.

No, Obama didn't do that all by himself, but he didn't try to divert it either, Obama had no plan along with the dem. house and the dem senate that he had to change it. When the credit agency saw he had no plan and wasn't planing on one is when they had to pull the plug.

If you read the credit agency report, they stated one of the reasons they downgraded was because of the hyper partisan politics and the fact that Congress wasn't able to make a deal on the debt ceiling as major reasons for the downgrade.

They had to bring down the borrowing....Obama wasn't going to do that because he needs to borrow for his social agenda. Yes, it's hyperpartisan.....we're 16 trillion in debt and rising everyday. We couldn't even pass a budget, and Obama's budget got 0 votes....0 votes, what kind of major league president offers a budget and it gets 0 votes??????

<yawn> Regurgitated leftist shit... do you have anything new?

Citizens United? More unrelated leftist bullshit... You ignore wealthy 0bama and whine that the rich Republicans won't give you free shit...

Boring...

You bore me too with your insults and generalities about the Left. So far, you've brought nothing to the table either.

My comments weren't generalities.. They're a direct comment on the lack of originality in YOUR leftist drivel... You deflect with unrelated topics and logical fallacies...

You are a dime a dozen over at any leftist site...

And your are a dime a dozen on any righty site. Deflecting with insults and generalities about the left-which yes, that is what you did here believe it or not-the free shit comment is an example.

There is no originality in your posts either. Just complaints about mine which no one is asking you to read or respond to if you don't like them.

Yes, and so does the left-give to charities.

And I in no way advocate taxing the rich at 100%.

And yes, our debt is out of control.

So a balanced approach is in order-not just slashing Medicare and Medicaid and SS but also looking at the defense budget for example and how bloated that is.

This doesn't surprise me. Not only is Ryan not well known, what people do know, they don't like.

He is a right wing, Tea Party, guy and everyone will see that soon enough if they haven't already.

And for Romney to immediately distance himself from Ryan's plan that he called marvelous, is really quite sad.

Romney has run the most pathetic campaign I have seen in a long time.

This guy can not make a good decision if his life depended on it.

Look at his VP pick, European tour, the NAACP fiasco, his taxes fiasco, his Bain lies, all the gaffes and flip flops, all the lies about Obama, his failure to talk to almost any media except FOX, I mean really-no one can seriously consider this a serious campaign.

Really? You don't think we deserve better than this loser? C'mon.

If Romney's campaign is such a disaster why are the Governor and the President in a dead heat in the majority of polls?

They had to bring down the borrowing....Obama wasn't going to do that because he needs to borrow for his social agenda. Yes, it's hyperpartisan.....we're 16 trillion in debt and rising everyday. We couldn't even pass a budget, and Obama's budget got 0 votes....0 votes, what kind of major league president offers a budget and it gets 0 votes??????

The problem with this logic is that the money was already spent. Congress had already passed the appropriations bills.

So this was just a gimmick on the part of the Republicans and unfortunately we all paid a price for it with a credit downgrade.

Here's where I will give some ground. I think Obama could of done a better job of getting involved and working with both sides and in my view, and that of others, he did not handle this as well as he could have. But, either did the Republicans and they said repeatedly that they were willing to let us default to get their way. No wonder we were downgraded.

No one is arguing for just keeping it the same.

Although one side is arguing for keeping it.

Really? So where is the plan? I havent seen anything passed in the senate, or anything offered by Obama, Reid or any other democrat

The plan is primarily to (1) shift the way Medicare pays for services away from encouraging high-volume, low (or mediocre) value service provision, and (2) promote and assist health care providers in delivering better care more efficiently and less expensively, while holding them accountable for quality outcomes. You can see some of what's coming down the pike in results from this private sector pilot in Massachusetts that incorporates some of these principles: http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...-reform-model-lowers-costs-improves-care.html. More importantly, there are some early indicators that providers have already begun to reorganize care delivery in response to the ongoing and coming reforms, accounting for some of Medicare's current record-low cost growth--and offering some promise that we might be entering a new era of cost containment.

As for where the legislation supporting that is, the bulk of the reforms passed into law here. There are other pieces of Medicare reform scattered around a bit but I'm assuming your request was more tongue-in-cheek.

No not at all
1) this is what your talking about?
Global payments, a lump sum to cover all the care of a defined group of patients, are viewed by many experts as a cost-effective alternative to the traditional fee-for-service system.

Ok so, you're going to define groups (democrats LOVE THAT) and give them a lump sum? So the republicans are giving people a lump sum, but invidually and then they shop for care, which brings the price down. How does the group sum bring the price down? Does someone mandate this?

This doesn't surprise me. Not only is Ryan not well known, what people do know, they don't like.

He is a right wing, Tea Party, guy and everyone will see that soon enough if they haven't already.

And for Romney to immediately distance himself from Ryan's plan that he called marvelous, is really quite sad.

Look at his VP pick, European tour, the NAACP fiasco, his taxes fiasco, his Bain lies, all the gaffes and flip flops, all the lies about Obama, his failure to talk to almost any media except FOX, I mean really-no one can seriously consider this a serious campaign.

If Romney's campaign is such a disaster why are the Governor and the President in a dead heat in the majority of polls?

That's a great question. My guess is that the economy sucks and Obama is taking the heat for that but Romney is a terrible candidate and therefore isn't able to pull ahead.

In the swing states, Obama is ahead and the electoral college.

Your biased opinion makes it just another opinion... Your generalities and one-sided view shows you to be weak in your arguments...

And here you resort to lame, leftist vague generalities and spin... Absolutely nothing original and all just regurgitated shit we could cut and paste from any HuffyPuffy half-wit...

You bring nothing to the table, but sadly you seem proud of that fact....

Yes, and this post here brought so much to the table. Thanks for your insight.

Pointing out weak leftist arguments and tired regurgitated talking points is a hobby of mine...

Thanks...

Oh well, I do that with weak rightwing arguments so......................

Because of his father's early death, from the age of 16 to 18 Paul Ryan received a Social Security safety net (the "hammock") that he put aside to see himself through college.

He now says such a safety net makes people lazy and unwilling to work, and should be done away with.

Seems a little hypocritical of him, at least to me anyway. He wants to be second in charge of this country but has this low an opinion of its citizens?

Or was it a good thing when he needed the assistance, and only became bad when others needed it.

Mitt's choice. Paul Ryan. Really?

Yes, and so does the left-give to charities.
Just not as much... That's ok - you thought you had a point..

And I in no way advocate taxing the rich at 100%.

And yes, our debt is out of control.

So a balanced approach is in order-not just slashing Medicare and Medicaid and SS but also looking at the defense budget for example and how bloated that is.
Except nobody is looking at "just slashing Medicare and Medicaid and SS"... That is just regurgitated spin and lies... It's laughable, actually... If you really and truly believe that, then you're beyond kool-aid....

Apparently you're OK with 0bama's 700 billion in cuts to Medicare though, correct?

OK folks I have to get up in 6.5 hours to go to work. I think I caught up with all the posts that were directed at me. If not, I'll catch you all tomorrow.

I enjoyed the debate!!

That's a great question. My guess is that the economy sucks and Obama is taking the heat for that but Romney is a terrible candidate and therefore isn't able to pull ahead.

In the swing states, Obama is ahead and the electoral college.

True, and to refine that a bit: voters know the economy is bad, understand Obama’s not to ‘blame,’ and are examining the candidate in an ‘extra-economic’ context, thus rejecting the republican ticket.

By Ian Millhiser

In April of 2011, after Republican Vice Presidential nominee Paul Ryan had been House Budget Chair for only a few months, he convinced nearly the entire House GOP caucus to vote for a laissez-faire budget resolution that would slash education, raise taxes on the middle class, and destroy Medicaid’s promise to provide health care to the most vulnerable Americans. Like his running mate Mitt Romney’s tax plan, the Ryan Plan also combined austerity for the poor and the middle class with large tax cuts for the rich.

The Ryan Plan that passed the House in 2011 is most famous, however, for its multiple step plan to phase out Medicare. Let us say that again so we are perfectly clear about what the Ryan Plan does to Medicare. It does not just “end Medicare as we know it” and it certainly does not “reform” Medicare.” The Ryan Plan simply ends Medicare, although it admittedly takes some time for it to achieve this goal.

More w/Chart (worth reading): Paul Ryan's Original Medicare Plan Ends Medicare, Period | ThinkProgress

No it doesn't end Medicare--those under than 55 years old can still opt for Medicare. The only difference is they can make choices as to which health care policy they want.

STOP WITH THE LIES

The problem with this logic is that the money was already spent. Congress had already passed the appropriations bills.

So this was just a gimmick on the part of the Republicans and unfortunately we all paid a price for it with a credit downgrade.

Here's where I will give some ground. I think Obama could of done a better job of getting involved and working with both sides and in my view, and that of others, he did not handle this as well as he could have. But, either did the Republicans and they said repeatedly that they were willing to let us default to get their way. No wonder we were downgraded.

I'm sure you can link us to that statement...

Give it your best shot...

Forum List

Back