Not another Confederate statue will come down in Tennessee!

Elvis did more than lincoln could ever dream of.
Especially for sixteen-year-old girls.

Lincoln didn't do squat for the kids.
Not like Elvis did...them gyrating hips. Oh and them freed black kids, they never did nothing for Lincoln(double negative)......Was they suppose to?

Free? What u talking about? Dems had them drinking out of separate waterin holes and segregated schools in the 1960's. Lol.
I don't know of any town that didn't. Even the ones ran by GOP members...and you were saying?

Some did but the majority were dems. They're good shapeshifters. They divide blacks, ethnicities, races, now to best deliver the handouts. Keep that boot on that throat!

Bigotry put into law, by bigots.

There that makes it all better.
Stupidity thinks erasing history will improve the future.

Removing statues doesn’t erase history. Honouring those who tried to destroy your nation seems like a pretty stupid thing to do though.

Why would you erect a statue to a seditious traitor? No other country in the world erects statues of those who tried to destroy their country.

As previous posters said, statues aren’t history.

Lol,

This country erected statues of a murderer.

The 10 Best Cuba Monuments & Statues (with Photos) - TripAdvisor

So now you want to emulate Cuba????

Especially for sixteen-year-old girls.

Not like Elvis did...them gyrating hips. Oh and them freed black kids, they never did nothing for Lincoln(double negative)......Was they suppose to?

Free? What u talking about? Dems had them drinking out of separate waterin holes and segregated schools in the 1960's. Lol.
I don't know of any town that didn't. Even the ones ran by GOP members...and you were saying?

Some did but the majority were dems. They're good shapeshifters. They divide blacks, ethnicities, races, now to best deliver the handouts. Keep that boot on that throat!
The entire white society did do that.

The entire white society did do that.

Not all. You know that moonglow.

Bigotry put into law, by bigots.

There that makes it all better.
Stupidity thinks erasing history will improve the future.

Removing statues doesn’t erase history. Honouring those who tried to destroy your nation seems like a pretty stupid thing to do though.

Why would you erect a statue to a seditious traitor? No other country in the world erects statues of those who tried to destroy their country.

As previous posters said, statues aren’t history.

Lol,

This country erected statues of a murderer.

The 10 Best Cuba Monuments & Statues (with Photos) - TripAdvisor

So now you want to emulate Cuba????

Its libs who glorify che.

Statues are not history..

What a bunch of dumb fucks

Eventually liberals will prove how stupid they are, statues are not history? lol.

did-build-great-sphinx-egypt-800x800.jpg

I remember watching on PBS years ago, scientist where arguing if floods or wind caused the erosion ...

I guess this Obama statue is not history according to the left.

47832.136097.jpg
Ugly statue

Tear it down

Eventually liberals will prove how stupid they are, statues are not history? lol.

I remember watching on PBS years ago, scientist where arguing if floods or wind caused the erosion ...

47832.136097.jpg

That doesn't even look like O. But leave it up. That was history.....or was it?

Tell me about the name New York??

Need to change the name.
:iyfyus.jpg:

so true------NEW <tyrannical tea drinking bastards> ----how about "VIRGINIA" ---
(did Essex testify?)
And name it after Queen Elizabeth? Scandal!

silly man-----I was referring to the state of
VIRGINIA which was named for the
""VIRGIN QUEEN"" ----Elizabeth I -----daughter of the virgin mother Anne Boleyn and the virgin father Henry VIII

Shouldn’t statues commemerating battles be at the sites of those events?

Why do we have statues of the losers who sought to preserve slavery scattered all over...even places where no such occurred to be preserved?
Because this isn't a dicatorship.

In the end everyone here can agree this is a non story really. Anyone who cares alot about this is quite frankly really dumb. I could care less whether it stays or not because it affects nobody. Think about it if you are able to.

Shouldn’t statues commemerating battles be at the sites of those events?

Why do we have statues of the losers who sought to preserve slavery scattered all over...even places where no such occurred to be preserved?
Because this isn't a dicatorship.

Shouldn't they be part of a battle field memorial?

Why did most of them go up long after the war was over? And why were they put up? What are they actually "commemerating"? Seems that should be examined as earnestly as why they should or should not be taken down.

Confederate Monuments History - Civil War Statues Were Built During Jim Crow
Those who argue in favor of keeping the larger-than-life depiction of the Virginian commander of the Confederate Army sitting atop his horse often cite Southern heritage and history as reasons to keep the monument. But like most Confederate war shrines, this oxidized green statue wasn't erected during Reconstruction as a way to honor those men who died in battle. Rather, it dates back to 1924, more than 50 years after the Civil War was over.

In 2016, the Southern Poverty Law Center estimated that there were over 1,500 "symbols of the Confederacy in public spaces" in the United States. The majority of them are located, as one might expect, in the 11 states that seceded from the union, but as Vice aptly points out, some can be found in Union states (New York, for example has three, Pennsylvania, four) and at least 22 of them are located in states that didn't even exist during the Civil War.

How can that be possible? Because largely, Confederate monuments were built during two key periods of American history: the beginnings of Jim Crow in the 1920s and the civil rights movement in the early 1950s and 1960s.

47832.136097.jpg
But the Obama statue is truely offensive, since when do we honor traitors?
since 1865

thanks for asking, sparky

Forum List

Back