Not sure if this should be in politics but I think I got super Trumped this weekend

Thank heavens the unisom is kicking in and only my second bud. And thanks for listening to my blathering on but I think we really have to take a look at ourselves and not depend on other nations to supply us for our needs. At first I thought Trump was looney tunes for his buy America first kinda old school stuff. How eighties!

But when we made the decision to go local with just one pay check, really local this has been awesome. This is the Canuck Trumpster signing off.

I may be south of Winnipeg but I do believe we can make America great again.

Wait, so you bought the same things (likely made elsewhere than the United States) from a local store instead of Cabela's (which is an American company based in America) and THAT gives you the "warm and fuzzies"?

Yes because buying from the local store didn't even make a dent in the Cabela empire. Hell's bells Cabela's takes a grand in one purchase of a rifle/gun cabinet/bows/and or camo gear. Just one purchase. Trust me. I know their prices off by heart.

Last paycheck (thank you honey for the OT you do) We got an awesome gun cabinet. STACK ON Allegiance series (I'm a serious kick ass find a deal kinda chick) and I scored it for 70% off. Oh and this unreal cleaning kit. I paid full price for that (that hurt my parts :)) BUT then I scored his new knife set for 75% off. Now that money went to Canadian Tire.

Life is good.

I spent a grand locally. I knew everything I could buy I could get from Cabelas yes my decorating choice and I will slap you silly if you don't understand this hehehehe.

He and his sons have always treated us right. So our story and realizing I'm here and not moving I might as well decorate the damn place.

So I no we well after I talked to him decided lets buy it from a guy who has all the stuff Cabela's has and I spent almost a grand in the store.

I have bear decorations for the bathroom, I have a killer mirror I have a lamp to match, a 4 point holder for my coffee cups.

If you buy America you will help yourself. I can't believe I am saying this but its for true.

Point being. I gave it to him. Lets bring the money home. Lets bring it back. I gave almost a grand this weekend to good people who have always been nice to me and it feels great.

You get the deal? I'd rather Detroit get my money. I'd rather <fill in blank Idaho> I'm really getting it. Trust me. It feels so good.

That grand would have gotten you satellite internet for 2 years and you could stop crying about your slow dialup.

Apparently according to my few and far between neighbors they are living life in hell with the companies they deal with to get high speed.

Look to get cell phone service I watch them go "three feet to the lilac, hang a right at the bear shit and scream at the moon". :lol:

It's not a lack of cash. It's a lack of equipment down here.

I spent a grand locally. I knew everything I could buy I could get from Cabelas yes my decorating choice and I will slap you silly if you don't understand this hehehehe.

He and his sons have always treated us right. So our story and realizing I'm here and not moving I might as well decorate the damn place.

So I no we well after I talked to him decided lets buy it from a guy who has all the stuff Cabela's has and I spent almost a grand in the store.

I have bear decorations for the bathroom, I have a killer mirror I have a lamp to match, a 4 point holder for my coffee cups.

If you buy America you will help yourself. I can't believe I am saying this but its for true.

Point being. I gave it to him. Lets bring the money home. Lets bring it back. I gave almost a grand this weekend to good people who have always been nice to me and it feels great.

You get the deal? I'd rather Detroit get my money. I'd rather <fill in blank Idaho> I'm really getting it. Trust me. It feels so good.

Were you drinking when you wrote this? Or did you feed Mandarin into google translate? I think you're grand point is that we should buy American. Though I haven't the first clue how anything in your post is meant to support that, nor is it evident what that has to do with Donald Trump.
Thank you. I feared for a minute I might have had a ministroke and could not understand English.

Ah, its not made in China, or hecho en mexico?

Thank heavens the unisom is kicking in and only my second bud. And thanks for listening to my blathering on but I think we really have to take a look at ourselves and not depend on other nations to supply us for our needs. At first I thought Trump was looney tunes for his buy America first kinda old school stuff. How eighties!

But when we made the decision to go local with just one pay check, really local this has been awesome. This is the Canuck Trumpster signing off.

You're Canadian and made a point of buying American?

whoa.

I'm dual. You keep forgetting that. :) In the olden days pre Walmart in Canada I'd go shopping in Buffalo. We have NAFTA and we do benefit each other. Cross border shopping is a reality. So is cross border partying or cross border sports.

My dad used to get me tickets to not only golds at the Leafs but to Sabres games as well.

I check labels. Some items were made in China but imported to a distributor in Texas. So at least my first middleman was USA.

We really need to bring the jobs back. Left or right I think after all these years we need to really realize you can't just ship jobs overseas and not expect the economies of our nations to not take a hit.

ETA: I have always been a supporter of our Mexican partners in NAFTA as well. Sammy Hagar's company in particular.

:lol:

I check labels. Some items were made in China but imported to a distributor in Texas. So at least my first middleman was USA.

We really need to bring the jobs back. Left or right I think after all these years we need to really realize you can't just ship jobs overseas and not expect the economies of our nations to not take a hit.

ETA: I have always been a supporter of our Mexican partners in NAFTA as well. Sammy Hagar's company in particular.

:lol:

Not I. Jobs tha make that stuff will never come back because they can have it made in a sweat shop in TJ, pay the employee .50 cents an hour to make an item that only cost 15 bucks, ship it north and sell it for a hundred bucks. NAFTA has not done much to improve anyone's life south of the border. thats why they all come here.

whoa.

I'm dual. You keep forgetting that. :) In the olden days pre Walmart in Canada I'd go shopping in Buffalo. We have NAFTA and we do benefit each other. Cross border shopping is a reality. So is cross border partying or cross border sports.

My dad used to get me tickets to not only golds at the Leafs but to Sabres games as well.

Yes it's great to buy American but in the big picture most Americans find themselves obliged to buy imports day in and day out.

whoa.

Yes it's great to buy American but in the big picture most Americans find themselves obliged to buy imports day in and day out.
Man the Chevy Vega was awesome. I'm so damn tired of my Lexus with 145K miles and I'm gonna have to drive it another 100K. It's aweful. Go Donald.

whoa.

Man the Chevy Vega was awesome. I'm so damn tired of my Lexus with 145K miles and I'm gonna have to drive it another 100K. It's aweful. Go Donald.

What year is it ?

It's good you didn't buy any ties or hats or T-shirt from Trump logo, because those are made in CHI-NAH. Don't worry, I'm sure Trump will support bringing jobs home AFTER you vote for him and get him in Office.

whoa.

Saturn was a dream come true. You can make an awesome car in America.

Too bad the D goons took over the management at GM and wrecked the dream.

It's good you didn't buy any ties or hats or T-shirt from Trump logo, because those are made in CHI-NAH. Don't worry, I'm sure Trump will support bringing jobs home AFTER you vote for him and get him in Office.

You are actually buying into the fake shit knock offs? Holy toledo. I believe you buy into his wife and his family and his WHOLE TEAM let him walk out the door in bright orange face paint with big white racoon eyes too?

How stupid are you?

whoa.

Saturn sucks, and i will need to dig, but they are wrapped up in the big three. The big three has been in Mexico for years. While I would like to blame the shitty product GM puts out and has always put out on democrats, Unions get 99% of the blame. Shitty thug employees make shitty stuff. America is better off with the big three in mexico.

whoa.

And it's not easy. I mean you really have to work at it.

All I'm trying to say in this thread is lets run with a good middleman until we can get manufacturing back on an even keel.

Those of us who have a little more and OMG I am cheap cheap cheap but maybe what I did this weekend would be Christmas to a hard working family.

whoa.

Saturn sucks, and i will need to dig, but they are wrapped up in the big three. The big three has been in Mexico for years. While I would like to blame the shitty product GM puts out and has always put out on democrats, Unions get 99% of the blame. Shitty thug employees make shitty stuff. America is better off with the big three in mexico.

My husband worked for PPG. We were at Springhill and before the sons of bitches came and conquered what was an independent union free of GM Saturn was unreal.

I know Saturn inside and out. It was a glorious experiment.

Well till the union big guys rolled in and wrecked the crap out of it.

whoa.

Lots of 'foreign' cars are made in the US now.

My husband worked for PPG. We were at Springhill and before the sons of bitches came and conquered what was an independent union free of GM Saturn was unreal.

I know Saturn inside and out. It was a glorious experiment.

Well till the union big guys rolled in and wrecked the crap out of it.

I got my exwife one in 96. The brakes failed. No one hurt and it was covered under warranty. Just that saturns are girl cars.

whoa.

Lots of 'foreign' cars are made in the US now.

Yup. I always liked most of the Jap rides better anyway.

Forum List

Back