Now gay people can get married AND enjoy lobster!

Gay divorce is right around the corner.

Statistically speaking, gay couples tend to break up far less often than straight couples ... but yeah.

Statistically speaking, there are no stats to make comparisons with. Gays haven't had the institution of marriage but for a few years. Wait until the novelty wears off.

True, it was my point in a later post, we'll see in the future, but they need a chance to prove someone right before anyone can use it.

Statistically speaking, gay couples tend to break up far less often than straight couples ... but yeah.

Statistically speaking, there are no stats to make comparisons with. Gays haven't had the institution of marriage but for a few years. Wait until the novelty wears off.
and when they realize all the things they actually LOSE by being married
:lol:

I'm guessing gay divorces will be higher than straight when, as you say, there is data available.

Actually statistics have been compiled about homo couples that live together, and they are in fact much more tumultuous than heteros. There's far more domestic violence, cheating, depression and drug use. This has all been posted many, many times over the years here. I could dig it all up again but anyone can find this info with a simple google search.

Last edited:

and when they realize all the things they actually LOSE by being married
:lol:

Ahhhh, now there's a good point! :lol:

Actually statistics have been compiled about homo couples that live together, and they are in fact much more tumultuous than heteros. There's far more domestic violence, cheating, depression and drug use. This has all been posted many, many times over the years here. I could dig it all up again but anyone can find this info with a simple google search.

Not according to police records.

You'll have to prove that KK... I'm not going to just take your word for it, because I think you're wrong.

I know I'm right, so if you feel inclined to prove you are, so will I.

You'll have to prove that KK... I'm not going to just take your word for it, because I think you're wrong.

Meh, you can only find biased sources one way or the other online so the point of "proof" is moot. Mine comes from beat cops, who I have as friends ... sort of, I feel more comfortable talking to them in person than most people and when I sit in a coffee shop I usually strike up a conversation with them. Back to the topic, they are the ones I get a lot of my statistics on crime from.

Meh, you can only find biased sources one way or the other online so the point of "proof" is moot. Mine comes from beat cops, who I have as friends ... sort of, I feel more comfortable talking to them in person than most people and when I sit in a coffee shop I usually strike up a conversation with them. Back to the topic, they are the ones I get a lot of my statistics on crime from.
So... you want to preemptively "shoot down" anything I post, but I still have to just take your word for it.... I don't think so. I'll post cold, hard facts, numbers. Can you do that?

The truth about homosexual relationships

Are same-sex partnerships deserving of the same status as traditional marriage? Are they merely a variation of the same type of relationship? No way, says Dr. Timothy Dailey, senior fellow in the Center for Marriage and Family Studies at the Family Research Council. In the FRC report Comparing the Lifestyles of Homosexual Couples to Married Couples, Dailey analyzes more that 30 years of research by social scientists worldwide, and confirms that same-sex relationships have little resemblance to faithful, monogamous marriage.

Duration of Relationships

Homosexual activists often argue that high divorce rates demonstrate traditional marriage fares no better than same-sex relationships in duration. “The research, however, indicates that male homosexual relationships last only a fraction of the length of most marriages,” Dailey notes:

• A 1997 national survey of 884 men and 1,288 women published in the Journal of Sex Research found that 77 percent of married men and 88 percent of married women had remained faithful to their marriage vows.

• A 2002 U.S. Census Bureau study found that 70.7 percent of women married between 1970 and 1974 reached their tenth anniversary and 57.7 percent stayed married for 20 years or longer.

• In a survey of 7,862 homosexuals, the 2003-2004 Gay/Lesbian Consumer Online Census found that of those involved in a “current relationship,” only 15 percent described their current relationship as having lasted 12 years or longer.

Meaning of “Commitment”

Dailey found that even in so-called “committed” homosexual relationships, commitment typically does not mean sexual fidelity:

• A Canadian study of homosexual men who had been in committed relationships lasting longer than one year found that only 25 percent of those interviewed reported being monogamous.

• In The Male Couple, authors David P. McWhirter and Andrew M. Mattison reported that, in a study of 156 males in homosexual relationships lasting from one to 37 years, only seven couples had a totally exclusive sexual relationship, and these men all had been together for less than five years.

• In their classic 1978 study, published as Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women, researchers Bell and Weinberg found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having one thousand or more sex partners.

Not a Healthy Lifestyle

Same-sex relationships are notoriously unhealthy and dangerous. Even those that might be labeled “monogamous” (as homosexuals define the term) would be considered high-risk by most accounts:

• The July 1993 issue of the journal AIDS reported that homosexual men involved in steady relationships engaged in unsafe sexual practices more often than homosexual men without a steady partner. Such practices are directly linked to AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases.

• The July 2001 issue of GayHealth reported that the Dutch government found 67 percent of HIV-positive men aged 30 and younger had been infected by a steady partner.

Research also indicates significantly higher levels of violence in homosexual and lesbian relationships compared to traditional married relationships:

• In 1991 the Journal of Social Service Research published a survey of 1,099 lesbians in which slightly more than half of the lesbians said they had been abused by a female lover/partner. The survey noted that “the most frequently indicated forms of abuse were verbal/emotional/psychological abuse and combined physical-psychological abuse.”

• A survey sponsored by the National Institute of Justice found that same-sex couples reported significantly more violence from their partners than did traditional couples. Noted the report, “Thirty-nine percent of the same-sex cohabitants reported being raped, physically assaulted, and/or stalked by a marital/cohabitating partner at some time in their lifetimes, compared to 21.7 percent of the opposite-sex cohabitants. Among men, the comparable figures are 23.1 percent and 7.4 percent.”

The truth about homosexual relationships

Last edited:

So... you want to preemptively "shoot down" anything I post, but I still have to just take your word for it.... I don't think so. I'll post cold, hard facts, numbers. Can you do that?

Here's the thing, your Google search will pull up what you want to see, just as mine would pull up what I want to see. It's their biggest selling point, the results are customized based on what you normally click through. All sources you find online will have a left or right tilt, and the data will be interpreted based on the views of the one interpreting it. The true cold hard facts have to be taken per city, since the population level and criminal prosecution have to be taken into account, and not all calls are recorded in detail by the police, so most domestic disputes are often miscounted. In our city no matter what the dispute is, even a small amount of violence, they have to by law take them in, if both partners hit or threaten the other they both go in, even if it isn't a true case of domestic abuse or violence. There are no solid stats on who breaks up most often since gay people don't have marriage yet, at least not widely or long enough to build an accurate model. Until they do have marriage in at least half the states for several years and the divorce rates start, there are no hard facts to base a comparison on. "Dating" doesn't really count, because I have seen plenty of straight couples who are very promiscuous, some even including other partners, swinging is what they call it. There are too many variables so without a solid divorce rate there is nothing to say one way or the other. Sorry, but it's just not possible to get solid facts.

Here's the thing, your Google search will pull up what you want to see, just as mine would pull up what I want to see. It's their biggest selling point, the results are customized based on what you normally click through. All sources you find online will have a left or right tilt, and the data will be interpreted based on the views of the one interpreting it. The true cold hard facts have to be taken per city, since the population level and criminal prosecution have to be taken into account, and not all calls are recorded in detail by the police, so most domestic disputes are often miscounted. In our city no matter what the dispute is, even a small amount of violence, they have to by law take them in, if both partners hit or threaten the other they both go in, even if it isn't a true case of domestic abuse or violence. There are no solid stats on who breaks up most often since gay people don't have marriage yet, at least not widely or long enough to build an accurate model. Until they do have marriage in at least half the states for several years and the divorce rates start, there are no hard facts to base a comparison on. "Dating" doesn't really count, because I have seen plenty of straight couples who are very promiscuous, some even including other partners, swinging is what they call it. There are too many variables so without a solid divorce rate there is nothing to say one way or the other. Sorry, but it's just not possible to get solid facts.

Nope... this study is world wide, and it's crammed with solid facts... http://www.usmessageboard.com/1200829-post115.html

I'd suggest spending as much energy proving your assertion as you are trying to spin it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back