Now I Know How Christians Feel

11949558_949358258443080_3191706073313579713_n.jpg
LOL

Mohamed conquered the region by blood.

And Jesus is the Christ. His followers are Christians.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

1 John 5: 1-5
How many times did you read that in your life?

How many times have I read 1 John 5:1-5 in my life? I don't know. How many times have you read it, Sealy?

LOL

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

What does that matter?
Does it change the message?
Imagine back to the year you realized Santa was not real but the churches swore st. Nick was real and could do magic. At some point would you say you don't care what everyone else thinks? That's how us athiests feel.

LOL

What does that matter?
If you take out the lies its a beautiful message. Love thy neighbor and love thyself. Cool

What lies? The Word of God is the truth, Seal. I find it encouraging that you find Loving your neighbor as you love yourself to be a beautiful message. That is good to hear!

LOL

How many times have I read 1 John 5:1-5 in my life? I don't know. How many times have you read it, Sealy?
Not enough to quote it.

LOL

What does that matter?
Imagine back to the year you realized Santa was not real but the churches swore st. Nick was real and could do magic. At some point would you say you don't care what everyone else thinks? That's how us athiests feel.

You know I told my child from the very beginning that there was no such thing as Santa Claus and that the entire story was made up. I never lied to my child about it. And I wasn't a Christian at the time! It was just common sense to me - you don't lie to your child and tell them stories that are not true!

LOL

Not enough to quote it.

Keep reading my posts and threads. You will. :eusa_angel:

LOL

What does that matter?
If you take out the lies its a beautiful message. Love thy neighbor and love thyself. Cool

What lies? The Word of God is the truth, Seal. I find it encouraging that you find Loving your neighbor as you love yourself to be a beautiful message. That is good to hear!
What are jesus' other requirements? I think men who invented the religion we now call Christianity made up or misenterpreted that Jesus said only through him can you go to heaven.

I would think a guy like that would have said only by being good can you go to heaven.

But I'm not even sure the events happened. Lol

LOL

What does that matter?

So what advice did you give the in the closet Muslim?

What does that matter?

What are jesus' other requirements? I think men who invented the religion we now call Christianity made up or misenterpreted that Jesus said only through him can you go to heaven.

I would think a guy like that would have said only by being good can you go to heaven.

Come to the prayer meeting in the morning and read and listen to the worship music and prayers. Let the LORD show you what is true and what is not. John 7:17 says that if we desire to know the truth and are willing to do the will of God once we know it, He will reveal the truth to us. Sweet dreams, Sealybobo. I am praying for the LORD to give you the answers to your questions, to reveal Himself to you and to pour out his kindness and love towards you granting you your deepest needs.

LOL

What does that matter?
Actually, it's Love Thy Neighbor AS Thyself

but it's a good start

What does that matter?

Jesus only gave us two commandments.

You've already spoke of one.

They can be the easiest and most difficult two things to do but, if you do them right, they take care of all the small print you people throw about the floor and stumble over.

Love the Lord thy God with all your heart and love thy neighbor as thyself.
:thup:
That's it
period

What is it about the muslim faith that makes you want to be one, Noomi?

You don't choose the religion, SJ, it chooses you. I have no idea why Islam called to me, but call to me it did, and I answered that call.

Taxpayers are not paying for it, last I heard. Donations are needed in order to build it, however I cannot remember who is being asked.

You don't choose the religion, SJ, it chooses you. I have no idea why Islam called to me, but call to me it did, and I answered that call.
How did it choose you, what convinced you to answer that call?

Hard to explain. Its just a feeling you get. How do people convert to Christianity? I guess it makes them feel happy, peaceful, etc? Loved, even.

How did it choose you, what convinced you to answer that call?

Hard to explain. Its just a feeling you get. How do people convert to Christianity? I guess it makes them feel happy, peaceful, etc? Loved, even.
They understand what the religion actually is. I'm wondering if you know what Islam represents.

When they are mocked for their religious beliefs.

Most of you know that I am a Muslim. I am a non practicing Muslim, and am not majorly devout, however, I have held my faith for a good 6 years now.

In my city, the council passed a motion to build a mosque, which will accommodate the Muslims in the city, who currently have to cram into a tiny little room that the university has kindly allowed them use of when they wish to pray.

On Saturday, there was a rally against this proposed mosque, and a counter rally in support of it. I attended the counter rally, and was horrified by the hatred shown toward those who just want to allow Muslims their own special place of worship.

Back at work, I discovered that my 'friends', who were also very much opposed to the mosque, bitching and complaining that 'those people want to take over the world', and 'they messed up their own country, now they want to screw up ours', and just making jokes about how when the mosque is built, we won't be allowed to serve bacon anymore.

As well as questioning why I wanted the mosque built (none of their business), their attitude toward Muslims appalled me. They don't know that while they make fun of Muslims, they are actually making fun of me. When they say they don't want Muslims in the city, does that mean they wouldn't want me, someone who has lived here for all my 32 years?

As someone who is too scared to openly show my faith, or even learn more about it for fear my faith will be discovered by those who will mock it, I can certainly understand how Christians feel when they are jeered and mocked for their beliefs.
While most of the so called Christians who attended the rally on Saturday are certainly not Christians (Jesus would be appalled at their hatred), there are many who have shown that they are ready to welcome in people of all faiths, which is pleasing - its a lot of loud mouthed fools that just make it so hard for me to feel welcome.

Today I have never felt so rejected and unwanted. I cannot imagine what Christians have had to deal with when they cop shit from atheists.

How do you guys manage to deal with the hatred?
I would be interested in why you decided to convert to Islam, Noomi. I would also be interested in how you would feel if, rather than being made fun of, if you faced being beaten, stoned, crucified, burned alive, or executed for your muslim belief, how would you feel then? How does that compare with what atheists have dished out? At least atheists in this country have not yet resorted to wholesale murder in order to achieve their goals.

Forum List

Back