Now They've Got Marriage, Gays Come Out of the Closet...Again...Chemsex

Did you know chemsex was part of the gay male subculture while gay marriage was being deliberated?

• Yes, but I don't care: gay marriage anyway.

• No, but I don't care: gay marraige anyway.

• No, Oh my GOD what have we done??

• Yes, but I didn't think and still don't think it matters.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is about the gay male subculture, which differs from the lesbian subculture.

After years spent hiding away
in endless sex parties and chillouts, chemsex is now out in the public consciousness for everyone to observe in all its graphic detail
. And it makes a lot of people—gay and straight—very uncomfortable.

Featuring graphic scenes of real sex parties in which guys inject mephedrone, smoke crystal meth, and engage in bareback sex, CHEMSEX makes for challenging viewing. Just when you were ready to tell your mum you met a lovely new guy (on Grindr, though maybe you'll tell her you met in a bar) along comes the chemsex crisis to ruin your picture-perfect wedding.

It has been leading gay magazine Attitude's cover story. Articles have appeared in the Independent and the Guardian. Even the Daily Mail and the Sun ran editorials. Where once it existed in the subculture of gay excess, chemsex is now experiencing the glare of mainstream media attention. But the problems around sex and drug addiction have been the concern of sexual health clinics up and down the country for nearly a decade. It's something the NHS has been dealing with, being the first point of contact when people slip into comas after overdosing on GHB, or worse, when they die. The only organization that doesn't want to address it is the government.

There's even unease from within the gay community. At the Stonewall Awards last month, I was talking with one concerned gay man who told me how he felt it was inappropriate that the media was drawing so much attention to the subject. "It's not exactly the image we want to convey to the world, is it," he said. "The girls in my office would be shocked to hear about that kind of stuff.".... Read more: Why We Need Gay Sex Education in Schools | VICE | United States

What we need to quantify here is "gay excess". Is it excessive in behavior to just use the anus as an artificial vagina? Do most gay men draw the line there? Anything more would be "too kinky" for them? (look at the photos in the OP to help you deliberate).

Or, is it as the article suggests, a "given" that gay men are by their natures "excessive sexual beings" and that they're bummed one of their closeted excesses is being exposed so shortly after they illegally captured "gay marriage rights"?

That's what this thread is trying to provoke in readers.. "What is "gay excess" and should we presume it is in a minority in the gay male population? What evidence do we have to deduce that one way or the other?"

Note, gay men are not saying it isn't an implicit part of their culture. They're just bumming out that the general public is finding out about it. But I'm sure it spent years hiding away in their collective closet because let's face it, they were litigating gay marriage at the time. Now that they've got that in the bag, they're letting their hair down.

Next stop: forced disgorging of adoptable boys...er..I mean "boys and girls" to this subculture of people.. Subculture, not "race".. Hey, "married is married"... Adoption agencies can no longer discriminate. Ah, when behaviors are legally mistaken for "race"... The misinterpretation of the 14th grows horns, hooves and a spiked tail...

Coming out of the closet....

Ugly%20gay%20dude_zps3fr5nglo.jpg

gayparadewithrepressed-2.jpg

Still in the closet??..

two%20dads_zps9sjudpcg.jpg
Quick, the boys down on the Malhuer Refuge needs snacks, send these boys down right away!

This is about the gay male subculture, which differs from the lesbian subculture.

After years spent hiding away
in endless sex parties and chillouts, chemsex is now out in the public consciousness for everyone to observe in all its graphic detail
. And it makes a lot of people—gay and straight—very uncomfortable.

Featuring graphic scenes of real sex parties in which guys inject mephedrone, smoke crystal meth, and engage in bareback sex, CHEMSEX makes for challenging viewing. Just when you were ready to tell your mum you met a lovely new guy (on Grindr, though maybe you'll tell her you met in a bar) along comes the chemsex crisis to ruin your picture-perfect wedding.

It has been leading gay magazine Attitude's cover story. Articles have appeared in the Independent and the Guardian. Even the Daily Mail and the Sun ran editorials. Where once it existed in the subculture of gay excess, chemsex is now experiencing the glare of mainstream media attention. But the problems around sex and drug addiction have been the concern of sexual health clinics up and down the country for nearly a decade. It's something the NHS has been dealing with, being the first point of contact when people slip into comas after overdosing on GHB, or worse, when they die. The only organization that doesn't want to address it is the government.

There's even unease from within the gay community. At the Stonewall Awards last month, I was talking with one concerned gay man who told me how he felt it was inappropriate that the media was drawing so much attention to the subject. "It's not exactly the image we want to convey to the world, is it," he said. "The girls in my office would be shocked to hear about that kind of stuff.".... Read more: Why We Need Gay Sex Education in Schools | VICE | United States

What we need to quantify here is "gay excess". Is it excessive in behavior to just use the anus as an artificial vagina? Do most gay men draw the line there? Anything more would be "too kinky" for them? (look at the photos in the OP to help you deliberate).

Or, is it as the article suggests, a "given" that gay men are by their natures "excessive sexual beings" and that they're bummed one of their closeted excesses is being exposed so shortly after they illegally captured "gay marriage rights"?

That's what this thread is trying to provoke in readers.. "What is "gay excess" and should we presume it is in a minority in the gay male population? What evidence do we have to deduce that one way or the other?"

Note, gay men are not saying it isn't an implicit part of their culture. They're just bumming out that the general public is finding out about it. But I'm sure it spent years hiding away in their collective closet because let's face it, they were litigating gay marriage at the time. Now that they've got that in the bag, they're letting their hair down.

Next stop: forced disgorging of adoptable boys...er..I mean "boys and girls" to this subculture of people.. Subculture, not "race".. Hey, "married is married"... Adoption agencies can no longer discriminate. Ah, when behaviors are legally mistaken for "race"... The misinterpretation of the 14th grows horns, hooves and a spiked tail...

Coming out of the closet....

Ugly%20gay%20dude_zps3fr5nglo.jpg

gayparadewithrepressed-2.jpg

Still in the closet??..

two%20dads_zps9sjudpcg.jpg

You jealous?

Forum List

Back