Now with the Colorado ruling saying that religion can override public accommodation laws

So if a GRAPHIC DESIGNER designs a website (content is not the same as design) then they can be obligated to sell to any and all customers, right? As long as the graphic designer isn't obligated to provide CONTENT, right?

A graphic designer has the right to choose what he designs, according to the dictates of his conscience.

Just as any artist or composer has the right to choose what they draw or compose.

Public accommodation prohibits discrimination of to whom you provide good and services... It carries no prohibition over what goods and services you provide.

The latest SC ruling only confirms this.

Being black isn't the same as being a homo, SD.

Homosexuality is something the people DO, not something they are.

This is not correct. One can be homosexual and not ever have sex with another person of their same sex.

Being heterosexual is not something I do, it is who I am. I am always heterosexual even if I am not having sex.

Don't expect leftists to understand the free market...if they can't get the government to force people to do what they want, they get all confused and helpless......government force is about the extent of their understanding of human interactions...
You mean like the way rightists are trying to force social media companies to do what they want?

Then it is safe to assume you disagree with the other SCOTUS ruling that said an employer must provide religious accommodations to those that ask for them?
That certainly seems contradictory.

This is not correct. One can be homosexual and not ever have sex with another person of their same sex.

Being heterosexual is not something I do, it is who I am. I am always heterosexual even if I am not having sex.

Wrong.

If someone acts like a homo, but is not taking it in the caboose or violating other men's butt holes, he's called a "Metrosexual", not a homosexual.

It is free speech; not compelled speech. That's what the case was about--free speech.

I think it's abhorrent speech, and so do most Americans. So, let some dunderhead try this and see what they get.
Actually this case was about compelled speech. The web designer was compelled to express a belief (support for same sex marriage) that she was opposed to. None of this has anything to do with public accommodation laws. It has nothing to do with anti discrimination laws.

Not stupid.

One is feeding someone lunch. It's utilitarian.

The other is artistry to celebrate a life event, in this case, a wedding.

Big difference. Now you will pretend to be stupid and not understand it.
No. It isn’t. Making a sandwich can be an art. Just ask any chef.

You mean wanting them to stop censoring and shadow banning only certain people?
No, I’m talking about your belief system.

However, if they were, don’t they have a right to just like the website designer?

If a restaurant sells meals ... they are required to serve anyone who pays.

They are not required to provide anything which is not on the menu.
The restaurant is not required to express an opinion in support of or in opposition to any religious belief that they may have. Restaurant staff may not be required to wear a rainbow pin that says "I like pride."

So if a graphic designer puts wedding websites on their menu......why is that different?

The web designer cannot be compelled to express an opinion on something to which they have a sincere religious objection. It should be any objection. There should never any compelled speech at all.

How long will it be before some business refuses service to black people because they say it's against the owner's religion?

How long before an employer gets to refuse to hire a woman because the business owner's religious belief is that a woman should be at home serving her husband and raising children?

And how many other laws will get to be ignored on the basis of a religious claim?
As long as they don’t want to interfere with their freedom of speech there’s no issue! Why do you believe you can force someone to speak for you?

Idiot, you can't force me to do something I don't want to do.

Same with your bullshit vaccinations.

You have no right to impose ANYTHING on me. Especially not your moronic morality (or lack thereof).
You sure can. The problem is something you want to do may have consequences. Sadly, your last paragraph is something you want to do and is churlish.

The web designer cannot be compelled to express an opinion on something to which they have a sincere religious objection. It should be any objection. There should never any compelled speech at all.

Expressing opinions is CONTENT, not design. If the GRAPHIC DESIGNER is designing websites and selling them to others, the customers are ones who will use that product to express their own opinion. You can't refuse to sell paper to someone because you don't like what the person might right on that paper.

A graphic designer has the right to choose what he designs, according to the dictates of his conscience.

And in this case, the graphic designer is designing wedding websites. How the customer chooses to use that product is not the graphic designer's business, nor right to regulate.

Forum List

Back