NRA Meets With Trump- Gun Control Now Off the Table

Minutes of that meeting--

NRA: You do realize, don't you, that you wouldn't be able to win re-election if you enact some sensible gun control measures. And about that donation we talked about...

Trump: Call Sarah Huccabee. I'm ready for a press release!

I hope so. That’s why I give the NRA my money.
Well, they certainly profit off of gun violence.

like it ever was.

Time for me to send another donation to my NRA as once again, they stand for our Civil Rights

-Geaux

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence met with the executive director of the National Rifle Association's lobbying arm Thursday evening.

In a tweet, Chris Cox says the two "don't want gun control."
"I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don't want gun control. #NRA #MAGA," the tweet reads

I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control. #NRA #MAGA

Trump confirmed the meeting in a tweet of his own.
"Good (Great) meeting in the Oval Office tonight with the NRA!" he wrote.
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Good (Great) meeting in the Oval Office tonight with the NRA!

9:04 PM - Mar 1, 2018
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders declined to provide a readout on the meeting beyond Trump's tweet

Trump and Pence meet with NRA leader at White House - CNNPolitics

Yeah, God Bless Ameriku for the right to die in the classroom.
the same right you have at home. yes sir.

If Republicans were sincere, they would pass a federal law that any citizen can carry any gun no matter how powerful and no one can say a damn thing about it. The fact that they don't tells me they are hypocrites. They have the power to do it but don't. Why?

So instead of me being able to carry a gun into a class, bank, mall or business, I have to go in like a sheep being led to slaughter and no way to defend myself.

DXPgd4EXcAAnHoW.jpg
So, you want to ban all semi automatic weapons with a detachable magazine? In other words, about 90% of the guns in america?

The NRA and Russia are bosom buddies. No wonder the NRA spent $30M on Trump in the 2016 election.

Depth Of Russian Politician's Cultivation Of NRA Ties Revealed
[...]
"These revelations suggest that for years the NRA courted a top Putin ally who is now reportedly attracting scrutiny from the FBI," John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety, told NPR. "NRA leaders still haven't explained their close relationship with Russian officials in Putin's orbit. Until they do, people will continue to wonder what the NRA is hiding."

Minutes of that meeting--

NRA: You do realize, don't you, that you wouldn't be able to win re-election if you enact some sensible gun control measures. And about that donation we talked about...

Trump: Call Sarah Huccabee. I'm ready for a press release!

I hope so. That’s why I give the NRA my money.
Well, they certainly profit off of gun violence.

Stupid and wrong. They profit off every left wing nut threat to take away our rights.

Do you ever run out of stupid?

like it ever was.

Time for me to send another donation to my NRA as once again, they stand for our Civil Rights

-Geaux

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence met with the executive director of the National Rifle Association's lobbying arm Thursday evening.

"I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don't want gun control. #NRA #MAGA," the tweet reads

I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control. #NRA #MAGA

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders declined to provide a readout on the meeting beyond Trump's tweet

the same right you have at home. yes sir.

Here are the gun bills pending in the Michigan legislature

Here is the one I want them to pass here in Michigan

Permitless concealed carry
Legislation pending in the Senate Government Operations Committee would let Michigan gun owners carry concealed weapons without needing a concealed weapon permit.

The bills are sponsored by Republican Reps. Michele Hoitenga, R-Manton; Pamela Hornberger, R-Chesterfield Twp.; Sue Allor, R-Wolverine; and Triston Cole, R-Mancelona.

"It is currently legal in the state of Michigan for a law-abiding person to openly carry a firearm on their person without any training classes, fees or state bureaucracy," said Hoitenga. "It only becomes illegal when a person puts on a coat, because the gun then becomes concealed. One millimeter of clothing makes the difference between a criminal act and a legal act."

Opponents have criticized the bills, questioning whether they would allow people barred from getting a concealed carry license to carry concealed weapons anyway.

The House passed the bills in June, and since then they've been stuck in the Government Operations Committee. Senate Majority Leader Arlan Meekhof, R-West Olive, who controls the committee, said in September the timing wasn't right to run the bills.

Rep. Pete Lucido, R-Shelby Township, also has a pair of bills that would eliminate the licensing requirement for people over 21 and not otherwise prohibited from carrying a firearm, House Bills 4003 and 4004.

The NRA and Russia are bosom buddies. No wonder the NRA spent $30M on Trump in the 2016 election.

Depth Of Russian Politician's Cultivation Of NRA Ties Revealed
[...]
"These revelations suggest that for years the NRA courted a top Putin ally who is now reportedly attracting scrutiny from the FBI," John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety, told NPR. "NRA leaders still haven't explained their close relationship with Russian officials in Putin's orbit. Until they do, people will continue to wonder what the NRA is hiding."
Why is Russia interested in the National Rifle Association or vice versa? Isn't the NRA an American organization?

N.R.A. Suggests Trump May Retreat From Gun Control

WASHINGTON — The top lobbyist for the National Rifle Association claimed late Thursday that President Trump had retreated from his surprising support a day earlier for gun control measures after a meeting with N.R.A. officials and Vice President Mike Pence in the Oval Office.

The lobbyist, Chris Cox, posted on Twitter just after 9 p.m. that he met with Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence, saying that “we all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control. #NRA #MAGA.”

The NRA is nothing more than the American People organized, and the majority of us have spoken with our minds, our hearts, our wallets, to keep America forever safe from the Bolsheviks. Now go out and admit that the liberal experiment has been a failure and has accomplished nothing but create a generation of half-crazed, mad, murderous Loons unleashed upon our society. If ever there was a greater need to defend ourselves from the Cracked Left, it is now.

like it ever was.

-Geaux

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

And movie theaters, open-air concerts, malls, churches, etc.
View attachment 179901

Really? Mass shootings don't bother you? Is it now cool to be inhuman?

like it ever was.

-Geaux

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

And movie theaters, open-air concerts, malls, churches, etc.
View attachment 179901

Really? Mass shootings don't bother you? Is it now cool to be inhuman?

Of course they do, but I’m an adult about it.

for God's Sake, stop getting on social media and claiming some magic solution in Gun Laws. Go to college, become a politician, MAKE THE CHANGE

There are no magical solutions. There are a lot of measures to help the situation, none of which American politicians will get behind.

The only measure that will help anything is to fix the problems with the NICS system. The rest are ineffectual feel good measures that only infringe in peoples rights and may cause further deaths.

Section 4 of the 25th Amendment–a provision that enables the Vice President, with a majority of members of the Cabinet, to declare the President unable to discharge his duties, thus installing the Vice President as acting President pending a presidential appeal to, and vote by, the Congress.

It was clear from the debates at the time of adoption and ratification, according to Feerick, that “unpopularity, incompetence, impeachable conduct, poor judgment and laziness do not constitute an ‘inability’ within the meaning of the amendment.”

The House is free to draw up Articles of Impeachment whenever they feel like it ... :dunno:

Everyone is completely ignoring the fact that BEFORE the cops can take anyone's gun, even with an ERPO, there has to be clear and convincing evidence that the person poses a serious threat to himself or others and it must be ORDERED BY A JUDGE.

Kind of like a FISA Warrant ... Yeah, I don't think people trust that shit anymore ... :dunno:

If Republicans were sincere, they would pass a federal law that any citizen can carry any gun no matter how powerful and no one can say a damn thing about it. The fact that they don't tells me they are hypocrites. They have the power to do it but don't. Why?

So instead of me being able to carry a gun into a class, bank, mall or business, I have to go in like a sheep being led to slaughter and no way to defend myself.

Yeah ... Kind of like how President Obama had the White House, both Houses of Congress and didn't do a damn thing about gun control.

Last edited:
Yep, another Trump con job. Lucy and the football again.

No, it was Trump making the stupid Democrats looking like fools, once again.

Of course that is a target rich environment for Trump.

You would have thought the Democrats would have learned something after DACA, wouldn't you?

Trump plays them like a cheap fiddle.

blog_image_3688_3808_Every_Charlie_Brown_Football_Gag_Comic_201701271219.jpg

More likely scenario: Trump is an egomaniac who says what his current audience wants to hear, preferably in the brashest way possible so that he also gets the headlines.

Didn't you see your filthy Fineswine bitch giggling like a little school girl when Trump teased her with an assault weapons ban? It was hilarious to see her fall for it.

Trump is making these idotic Moon Bats look like fools.

Fuck you stupid assholes and your silly gun control.

If you want to stop shootings in this country go round up all those criminal Negroes and Illegals in those Democrat big city shitholes. 90% of the gun crimes would go away overnight.
You know she was laughing at his "knowledge" of guns, right?

The filthy Democrat XXXX was giddy with joy with the anticipation of the curtailment of the Constitutional rights. That is how most of these asshole Democrats roll.

Flash --- Do not attempt to bypass the word filters. Only 4 words banned. If it doesn't print, don't push it...

Last edited by a moderator:

WASHINGTON — The top lobbyist for the National Rifle Association claimed late Thursday that President Trump had retreated from his surprising support a day earlier for gun control measures after a meeting with N.R.A. officials and Vice President Mike Pence in the Oval Office.

The lobbyist, Chris Cox, posted on Twitter just after 9 p.m. that he met with Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence, saying that “we all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control. #NRA #MAGA.”

The NRA is nothing more than the American People organized, and the majority of us have spoken with our minds, our hearts, our wallets, to keep America forever safe from the Bolsheviks. Now go out and admit that the liberal experiment has been a failure and has accomplished nothing but create a generation of half-crazed, mad, murderous Loons unleashed upon our society. If ever there was a greater need to defend ourselves from the Cracked Left, it is now.

When was the last time they went on the offensive to protect gun rights? And why don’t they support taking guns from cops who are convicted of domestic violance, it they are perfectly okay with punishing 18 year olds for the actions of others? The NRA is a shell of what it was. But if you like crappy NRA magazines , cheesy pocket knives made in Taiwan or free ugly ball caps then I guess I agree.

Forum List

Back