NRA Meets With Trump- Gun Control Now Off the Table

N.R.A. Suggests Trump May Retreat From Gun Control

WASHINGTON — The top lobbyist for the National Rifle Association claimed late Thursday that President Trump had retreated from his surprising support a day earlier for gun control measures after a meeting with N.R.A. officials and Vice President Mike Pence in the Oval Office.

The lobbyist, Chris Cox, posted on Twitter just after 9 p.m. that he met with Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence, saying that “we all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control. #NRA #MAGA.”

N.R.A. Suggests Trump May Retreat From Gun Control

Hope so. It’s useless and only restricts the rights of the innocent.

Minutes of that meeting--

NRA: You do realize, don't you, that you wouldn't be able to win re-election if you enact some sensible gun control measures. And about that donation we talked about...

Trump: Call Sarah Huccabee. I'm ready for a press release!

I hope so. That’s why I give the NRA my money.

like it ever was.

Time for me to send another donation to my NRA as once again, they stand for our Civil Rights

-Geaux

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence met with the executive director of the National Rifle Association's lobbying arm Thursday evening.

In a tweet, Chris Cox says the two "don't want gun control."
"I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don't want gun control. #NRA #MAGA," the tweet reads

I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control. #NRA #MAGA

Trump confirmed the meeting in a tweet of his own.
"Good (Great) meeting in the Oval Office tonight with the NRA!" he wrote.
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Good (Great) meeting in the Oval Office tonight with the NRA!

9:04 PM - Mar 1, 2018
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders declined to provide a readout on the meeting beyond Trump's tweet

Trump and Pence meet with NRA leader at White House - CNNPolitics

Yeah, God Bless Ameriku for the right to die in the classroom.
7D3A3847-0557-428D-A322-8F12B01D97C9.jpeg

like it ever was.

Time for me to send another donation to my NRA as once again, they stand for our Civil Rights

-Geaux

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence met with the executive director of the National Rifle Association's lobbying arm Thursday evening.

"I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don't want gun control. #NRA #MAGA," the tweet reads

I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control. #NRA #MAGA

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders declined to provide a readout on the meeting beyond Trump's tweet

And movie theaters, open-air concerts, malls, churches, etc.
FCAB6608-1E7B-4895-A7E5-D735F765DEBB.jpeg

like it ever was.

-Geaux

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

I don't think Trump is going to around along enough to matter.

The document invoking the 25th has already been drawn up. Possibly signed by everyone but Pence.

Trump probably thinks he can tell Pence he'll go quietly as long as Mike promises to pardon him.

Pence will have to consider why Ford lost to Jimmy Carter and then do what he thinks is in the best interest of the country.

Section 4 of the 25th Amendment–a provision that enables the Vice President, with a majority of members of the Cabinet, to declare the President unable to discharge his duties, thus installing the Vice President as acting President pending a presidential appeal to, and vote by, the Congress.

It was clear from the debates at the time of adoption and ratification, according to Feerick, that “unpopularity, incompetence, impeachable conduct, poor judgment and laziness do not constitute an ‘inability’ within the meaning of the amendment.”

This is all you need to know about Trump:

What he says today will contradict what he said yesterday and will be negated by what he says tomorrow.

I never care what Trump says, I only care what he does. So far he’s done a lot of good.

like it ever was.

-Geaux

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

There was a time when conservatives lamented the power lobbyist had over our elected officials, and now they are just like the liberals in cheering for the lobbyist.

I also remember during the election we were told a 1000 times at least that Trump would be immune to the power of the lobby because he was so rich and powerful...what a fucking joke that turned out to be.

Trump isn’t an idiot like you are. He played the democrats, got them to lay out their plans, had a photo op, but now he’s going to do the right thing NOT because he’s afraid of the NRA but because it’s the right thing. Trump is smart enough to know that.

The 1986 Hughes Amendment WAS a ban on assault rifles.

What you want to do now is ban everything else.

Well, it just didn't work. The ban didn't help. The killings continue and are much worse.

So, FUCK the goddamn Hughes Amendment. I want my Assault Rifles back. I want that fucking machine gun in your picture.

REPEAL.

like it ever was.

-Geaux

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

great - name 1 shooter that was a member of the NRA.
name any law you can pass that would have stopped any of the shootings in the last decade

we do need to fix the background checks but more laws and more fear? got more than enough thank you.

Oh, come on. Trump's talking about raising the minimum age to 21, requiring more convictions and mental-illness diagnoses to be reported to the national database (NICS), requiring all states to report to the NICS, requiring background checks for more types of gun sales, and giving local authorities the power to temporarily seize the guns of a person credibly believed to be mentally ill and dangerous until the person is investigated. Those are perfectly sensible, sane measures, especially given the profile of nearly all mass shooters.

Wrong on almost all counts. The only thing that might help is fixing NICS the rest are feel-good-do-nothing infringements on our rights.

like it ever was.

-Geaux

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

No one profits more from school shootings than the NRA and gun manufacturers.

Minutes of that meeting--

NRA: You do realize, don't you, that you wouldn't be able to win re-election if you enact some sensible gun control measures. And about that donation we talked about...

Trump: Call Sarah Huccabee. I'm ready for a press release!

I would call their bluff. The NRA is a toothless lion.

like it ever was.

-Geaux

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

I’m not buying it. Trump made it a point to run right over Pence to say the cops should be able to confiscate guns without due process. It’s was right there for all to see.
Yeah, our great statesman with his eloquent words. That sound byte that has been played three bazillion times now was in the context of the ERPO law that could actually have gotten the guns from Cruz before he shot up that school. Everyone is completely ignoring the fact that BEFORE the cops can take anyone's gun, even with an ERPO, there has to be clear and convincing evidence that the person poses a serious threat to himself or others and it must be ORDERED BY A JUDGE. To me it is not ignoring due process, it is protecting the public.

like it ever was.

-Geaux

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

great - name 1 shooter that was a member of the NRA.
name any law you can pass that would have stopped any of the shootings in the last decade

we do need to fix the background checks but more laws and more fear? got more than enough thank you.
NRA membership rolls are available and open to the public?

like it ever was.

-Geaux

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

I live in Michigan so we don't care what's happening in Florida, Texas, Vegas or other parts of the country. We don't have a gun problem here in Michigan.

Oh wait

Central Michigan University: 2 dead, gunman at large - CNN

Two people were fatally shot Friday after a gunman opened fire at Campbell Hall dormitory at Central Michigan University, campus police said.

James Eric Davis Jr., 19, was identified as a suspect in what campus police believe was a domestic dispute. It was the nation's 12th school shooting this year.

Remember you guys blamed Obama for all the shootings? Well come on let's blame Trump now.

The person of interest is James Eric Davis, Jr. He is a black male, approximately 19 years of age, 5'10" & 135 lbs. He was last see wearing mustard yellow jeans and a blue hoodie. The suspect is considered armed and dangerous. Do not approach the suspect. Call 911 immediately.

like it ever was.

-Geaux

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

the same right you have at home. yes sir.

like it ever was.

-Geaux

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

#NRA #SUPPORTTHENRA

This:

YulX0OVeRaixgrXrxiElzQ.png

This:

q-DX1fkAQj_-geoe70Qtlg.png

This is the Anti-Gun Crowds reaction after again getting Mega Trolled by The Donald:

ZH5Dy0kTSVCjBSkwjSwg7w.png

This is the Pro-Second Amendments Crowds reaction to the Anti-Gun Crowds reaction after again getting Mega Trolled by The Donald:

6wAjR77jR7yZCuGJ-71aIQ.png

And it's President Trump, God Emperor of The Universe :thewave:

miK3KXr1Tq6qZa7gBLQGqw.png
You’ve got some glorious leader jizz on your chin.
That orange stain is SO hard to get out, I bet.

Yep, another Trump con job. Lucy and the football again.

No, it was Trump making the stupid Democrats looking like fools, once again.

Of course that is a target rich environment for Trump.

You would have thought the Democrats would have learned something after DACA, wouldn't you?

Trump plays them like a cheap fiddle.

blog_image_3688_3808_Every_Charlie_Brown_Football_Gag_Comic_201701271219.jpg

More likely scenario: Trump is an egomaniac who says what his current audience wants to hear, preferably in the brashest way possible so that he also gets the headlines.

Didn't you see your filthy Fineswine bitch giggling like a little school girl when Trump teased her with an assault weapons ban? It was hilarious to see her fall for it.

Trump is making these idotic Moon Bats look like fools.

Fuck you stupid assholes and your silly gun control.

If you want to stop shootings in this country go round up all those criminal Negroes and Illegals in those Democrat big city shitholes. 90% of the gun crimes would go away overnight.
You know she was laughing at his "knowledge" of guns, right?

The moment Feinstein fell for Trump's ruse.... :badgrin:

180228203137-dianne-feinstein-donald-trump.jpg

He fills Rat hearts with hope and then grinds them out like a ciggy butt.
She was laughing at him.....looking across at some other members of Congress. You know, then you're in on the joke that the orange moron doesn't get..........women laugh at stupid men a lot....particularly as their back is turned.

Forum List

Back