NRA opposes Fla move to raise age for rifles to 21, the same age for other firearms.

We should have one age of majority in this country. When you hit that age, you can buy booze, join the military, vote, ...

This three year phase in period is BS.

I'd propose 19 because 18 is a bad idea having legal adults in high school. But whatever age it is, let's pick one.

I agree totally! I could live with 19, I think 21 is bullshit.

Would you agree to raise age for the military to 19?

Or would you have soldiers who are given safe spaces instead of rifles?

He did agree to 19 if you read what he was responding to.

I don't know what your second sentence means.

The main thing to me with military is the draft. No one should be able to be forced into the military and yet be denied full citizenship rights.

If volunteers are under the age of 19 in that system, I'd be fine with that.

Then again I oppose a draft entirely, that's why I phrased it that way

It's real simple, the left generally wants a double standard - we will hand a soldier a rifle at 18 - but suddenly 18 year olds are not mature enough to own a rifle - but yet they are mature enough to vote?

It is the absurdity of the positions the left takes.

Like this lefty moron...

View attachment 178822

He's a populist. That's new information to you? Trump says a lot of things. What matters is what he proposes

Like this lefty moron...

View attachment 178822

How does this make him a lefty moron? If you've paid even the slightest bit of attention, it's the mental health angle that those of us who actually respect the Second Amendment have been beating the drums on. It's not the gun that's the issue, it's the fact that people like Nicolas Cruz, Jared Loughner, James Holmes. etc. were able to walk around among the public in the first place. As far as banning bump stocks, I said the day after we had the shooting here in Las Vegas that they should be banned. There is some disagreement on that within the pro-Constitution crowd, but I think most people will agree they should be banned.

As far as raising the age of purchase to 21, as I said in a couple of threads, that's nothing more than theater. It's not going to make anybody more safe and it's an infringement on the Constitutional rights of 18 to 20 year olds.

And for this shooting in particular...the average age of mass shooters is about 33.....

Like this lefty moron...

View attachment 178822

How does this make him a lefty moron? ...
As far as raising the age of purchase to 21, as I said in a couple of threads, that's nothing more than theater. It's not going to make anybody more safe and it's an infringement on the Constitutional rights of 18 to 20 year olds.

According to the post I was responding to, it is only the lefty morons that to want to raise the age to 21.

I agree totally! I could live with 19, I think 21 is bullshit.

Would you agree to raise age for the military to 19?

Or would you have soldiers who are given safe spaces instead of rifles?

He did agree to 19 if you read what he was responding to.

I don't know what your second sentence means.

The main thing to me with military is the draft. No one should be able to be forced into the military and yet be denied full citizenship rights.

If volunteers are under the age of 19 in that system, I'd be fine with that.

Then again I oppose a draft entirely, that's why I phrased it that way

It's real simple, the left generally wants a double standard - we will hand a soldier a rifle at 18 - but suddenly 18 year olds are not mature enough to own a rifle - but yet they are mature enough to vote?

It is the absurdity of the positions the left takes.

Like this lefty moron...

View attachment 178822

He's a populist. That's new information to you? Trump says a lot of things. What matters is what he proposes

No, this is not information to me.

Like this lefty moron...

View attachment 178822

According to the post I was responding to, it is only the lefty morons that to want to raise the age to 21.

I would agree, but the other two points are pretty much accepted across the political spectrum, even on the right.

Like this lefty moron...

View attachment 178822

I would agree, but the other two points are pretty much accepted across the political spectrum, even on the right.

It was just the 21 that I posted the tweet for. I thought that was pretty obvious

If Cruz can't buy an AR15 type weapon, he won't be OUTGUNNING the guards and teachers who are armed at the school. Please say that you understand that concept at least.

Explain in detail how having an AR-15 outguns them. You keep saying that over and over, but you can't seem to explain why. This gets back to your lack of experience with firearms.

You still haven't defined what an assault weapon is either.
Now I'm not sure if you're being obtuse to pull my chain or what, but it's been fun. :biggrin:

What I'm asking you isn't difficult. Why are you having problems answering the question?

You gonna run away and crawl back into your hole now because someone challenged your nonsense?
No, you're simply boring me with the same bullshit NRA talking points. I've heard it all before, you guys see a bunch of dead children and try to do the gun manufacturers bidding. Cold, very cold.

Will the kids be less dead if they get shot up with your standard handgun instead?
AR15 type weapons outgun whomever they come up against, like an armed teacher, police or guard... No wonder the armed school guard was hiding outside.

And ...... you are wrong...and know nothing about this topic....thanks for not playing....

He had no idea what weapon was being used....

Unless a mass shooting is by a muslim terrorist, the shooter will commit suicide, surrender or run away as soon as someone with a gun shows up.....either civilian or police.....I gave you a list of A-15 rifle equiped mass shooters who did just that....they committed suicide, surrendered or ran.....like the shooter in this high school ran away.
So how did that help the dead kids?

It didn't help because the guard didn't engage the shooter and none of the staff had guns of their own....if they had, more lives would have been saved...

Well, it was a gun free zone so what could possibly go wrong?
Ok, so now you have proof that some laws don't work. How about some that will? Watcha got?

Your lack of an answer is the answer, which is no. You don't think it's relevant that you're commenting on a topic you are completely ignorant on? You've never fired an AR-15. You've never fired a revolver, a semi-auto, or a standard shot gun, and yet somehow you think you're more of an expert on this than the rest of us who have experience using these weapons. Typical hubris. Your entire argument is based on emotion and biased opinion. In other words, you have little clue what you're talking about.
Actually, I own a hunting rifle. Too bad for you. :p

When did you fire an AR-15? How about a 9mm semi-auto?
Ever had an abortion? Then why do you opine on it? Ever had gay sex? Well, ok, you maybe. But you get the drift. I never shot JFK either, but I can discuss it like an adult.

I'm pro choice and I support gay marriage. I'm not really sure how any of that is relevant to your making a claim that someone with an AR-15 is more dangerous than the man with a Glock 19.

If I had a glock or an AR-15------I would not be dangerous
The peeps in the Palestine forum might disagree. :biggrin:

AR15 type weapons outgun whomever they come up against, like an armed teacher, police or guard... No wonder the armed school guard was hiding outside.

And ...... you are wrong...and know nothing about this topic....thanks for not playing....

He had no idea what weapon was being used....

Unless a mass shooting is by a muslim terrorist, the shooter will commit suicide, surrender or run away as soon as someone with a gun shows up.....either civilian or police.....I gave you a list of A-15 rifle equiped mass shooters who did just that....they committed suicide, surrendered or ran.....like the shooter in this high school ran away.
So how did that help the dead kids?

It didn't help because the guard didn't engage the shooter and none of the staff had guns of their own....if they had, more lives would have been saved...

Well, it was a gun free zone so what could possibly go wrong?
Ok, so now you have proof that some laws don't work. How about some that will? Watcha got?

Just adhere to the ultimate law of the land, the Constitution.

Providing security for our schools is not a hard thing to do.

In the case of Parkland there were multiple government failures.

The FBI, the Parkland police, and the cowardice of the Broward County Sheriff Department.

Making the school a gun free zone target was just one of the failures.

Do you know that the stupid (mostly Democrat) school board had an agreement with the Sheriff Dept not to arrest students that committed crimes so that they could brag about low juvenile crime rates to get more Federal money?

It's a useless change in the law that will accomplish nothing. It's security theater and nothing more.
You're right there, Bro!
What we need is Federal laws that bring some sanity to the scene, as Australia has done.
As I have learned the last few days, ALL semi autos are as fast, deadly and powerful as an AR-15. So I am told by the pro gun folks.
So yeah, what logical choice do we have?

Like this lefty moron...

View attachment 178822

Like Marco Rubio? Governor Scott? President Trump?

It's a useless change in the law that will accomplish nothing. It's security theater and nothing more.
You're right there, Bro!
What we need is Federal laws that bring some sanity to the scene, as Australia has done.
As I have learned the last few days, ALL semi autos are as fast, deadly and powerful as an AR-15. So I am told by the pro gun folks.
So yeah, what logical choice do we have?
correction

The Ar 15 is one of the least powerful rifles.

...Bull shit...
Whatever you say, cupcake...

Delta, United, Symantec, and other Fortune 500 and smaller companies say otherwise...

Delta and United join list of companies to cut ties with the NRA

... Those are children of leftists being used as political pawns by their parents, the Democrat party and the leftist media...
With your kind permission: You're full of $hit clean up to your ears.

Accusing these action-minded survivors of pawn-status is an ugly, delusional, despicable act of desperation.

These kids aren't pawns. They're leaders. Normal kids, with a national movement's leadership (by example) mantle thrust upon their shoulders.

So far, they're carrying it far better than your Corporatist Whore mouthpieces at the NRA and their paid lackies in Congress.

...If conservatives did that, you'd have a cow
Immaterial.

The Republic has reached a turning point in its tolerance for the NRA and its Blood Money and the Whores who take it.

So you think that it is ok for a group [the NRA] that gives out millions for congress to vote in their favor to have more power over the Americans..

From where does the NRA get its money and its power? It all comes from American citizens, who support the NRA because we expect the NRA to defend our rights under the Second Amendment, against a hostile and corrupt government that continually attacks our rights.
Your right to an unregistered assault rifle ends with a blood-drenched room full of slaughtered school children. Believe it.

Enough.

People drive over the speed limits every day. That's not a good argument for abolishing all speed limit laws.

I would disagree, actually.

In a free society, it is very specifically the duty of government to represent and uphold the collective will of the governed.

If you have a stretch of highway where the posted speed limit is, say, 65 MPH, and the vast majority of the traffic is going 70-80 MPH, then right there is prima facie proof that the posted speed limit does not reflect the will of those who use that highway, and that government is committing malfeasance by imposing a rule which the vast majority of those affected by that rule do not agree with.

No, the will of the people was expressed when the actual representatives of the people imposed the speed limit. If further on the government is not adequately enforcing that law, that is their failure to uphold the will of the people.

[
But they're not shooting up our schools, are they? Please try to keep up with what we're actually talking about.

Tell me Comrade, if these insane murderers like Cruz used a propane tank to kill, do you think his victims would think "thank Allah I was blown up instead of shot?"

You Communists are morons, you seek to attribute attitudes and motives to inanimate objects.

Now why did I mention propane tanks?

Well, because the Columbine butchers had initially intended to use a propane tank bomb, which would have killed hundreds in the blast. You see, evil people intent on killing will find a way to kill, as your beloved Muslims have done with trucks.

Forum List

Back