NRA wants to bring back grizzly hunting in name of public safety

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
This is something libs don't understand. Hunting dangerous game makes them scared of humans and that is best for the bears and the people.

NRA, Hunting Group Say Grizzly Bear Hunts Needed for Safety

nov 25 2017The National Rifle Association and a sport hunting group want to ensure their members can hunt grizzly bears in the three-state region around Yellowstone National Park after the animals lost U.S. protections.

Idaho, Montana and Wyoming are considering limited trophy hunts for grizzlies outside the park in future years after the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service revoked the species' threatened status in July.

Conservation groups have sued to restore protections, and now the NRA and Safari Club International have asked U.S. District Judge Dana Christensen to let them intervene in the case.

Several of the groups' members said in affidavits submitted by their attorneys that hunting would help the region's economy, allow states to better manage the animals and improve public safety.

"Having the ability to hunt grizzlies would be great for business. I would also personally hunt a grizzly if given an opportunity to do so," said Edwin Johnson, a 70-year-old hunting outfitter who lives in Gardiner, Montana. "They need to be hunted so that they fear the scent of humans, rather than following it as they do now."

I recall reading a few years back that the Obama Administration lifted the ban on visitors to some (or all) national parks being armed. At the time I wondered as to the reason for lifting that ban but this mention of grizzlies suggests the answer.

Forum List

Back