Nurse arrested for following hospital policy

Obviously the law surrounding this situation completely escapes you. The officer had no right to demand and due to the circumstances seriously overstepped his authority when he arrested the nurse.

In my mind he should have drawn his service weapon rather than the cuffs.

Yes, in your mind. But then, in your mind sex is only to procreate. And in your mind, Life is to be endured and should be miserable.

So it is obvious that something is wrong with your mind.
Nothing a good prefrontal wouldn't fix...

I guess constitutional prohibitions on authority mean nothing when it comes to expediency eh............. :rolleyes:

ANYTHING that stands in the way of Justice is a problem to be overcome, in whatever way is necessary.
Well then you're in the wrong country tovaritch.
He bleats all the bullshit, but will never actually leave. North Korea might fit his beliefs better.
Don't know, I was getting the impression that he was trying to simply jerk people's chains............. Hence my approach............
No, psycho boy is dead serious.

Too bad nobody gave the cop a hot shot...say, a full syringe of insulin.

Any cops brought to that ER in the future should simply be ignored, just left to bleed out.

No medical professional who is with anything would do that. That's the difference; they don't judge their patients and decide what they "deserve."

A nurse in Utah was arrested because she would not take blood from an unconscious patient. Apparently the hospital policy only allows drawing of blood from unconscious patients if they have given consent, if the police have a warrant, or if the patient is under arrest. The body cam video of the incident seems to show the officer involved arresting the woman out of anger and frustration, rather than because she had violated any law.

The nurse was not charged. The officer was taken off of blood draw duty. Based just on the video (and obviously, there may be important information we don't get from this video) I would think the officer needs some sort of discipline. It appears to me to be an abuse of authority.

Nurse arrested for refusing to draw blood from unconscious patient
I see assault & battery, kidnapping, unlawful imprisonment, false arrest, and several civil rights violations. The nurse should collect at least $100,000,000 in punitive damages. The cop should end his life nailed to a cross and screaming.

A nurse in Utah was arrested because she would not take blood from an unconscious patient. Apparently the hospital policy only allows drawing of blood from unconscious patients if they have given consent, if the police have a warrant, or if the patient is under arrest. The body cam video of the incident seems to show the officer involved arresting the woman out of anger and frustration, rather than because she had violated any law.

The nurse was not charged. The officer was taken off of blood draw duty. Based just on the video (and obviously, there may be important information we don't get from this video) I would think the officer needs some sort of discipline. It appears to me to be an abuse of authority.

I see assault & battery, kidnapping, unlawful imprisonment, false arrest, and several civil rights violations. The nurse should collect at least $100,000,000 in punitive damages. The cop should end his life nailed to a cross and screaming.

I don't know if you're serious, or if exaggeration is just your style.

I don't know if you're serious, or if exaggeration is just your style.
Absolutely one hundred percent dead serious. Bent cops need to die, horribly.

Agreed, that guy should be gone.

Police must police their own better.
Now that we have cell phone and body cams everywhere, we are finding out all the abuses people were talking about all these years that were denied by the cops were actually happening.

Agreed, but I would still say 95% of cops are good people and try to do the job as it is supposed to be done! Problem is those same good cops turn a blind eye to those that are not on the up and up. So maybe that makes them bad to, don't know but it is a bad situation.
You have the ratio backwards. More like 90-95% are bent.

It's imagined that the cops were breaking the law in the first place?
Sooooo, using your all or nothing logic that means every generality ever stated is completely true in all cases........ Got it...... :rolleyes:

The cops were systematically breaking the law.
During that incident, yes.

Which means, they aren't serving with integrity. If you want to assume that this incident is not indicative of deeper corruption; that they somehow are clean the rest the time, then okay. But even in a vacuum, this is enough for many to lose their jobs. The public should not be betrayed like this.
If you want to assume they are corrupt from the get go......... :lmao:
It's like lawyers, politicians, and used-car salesmen: the 90% that are crooked or evil spoil things for the good ones.

In my mind no warrant should be necessary. Then again, I also believe thst failure to agree to a breathalyzer or fiekd sobriety test should be treated as an admission of guilt to a DUI/DWI.

The authorities will follow the mob, at the very least because this is a gray area. Anyway, an exception to the warrant requirement is if the evidence is being destroyed, including by metabolism, so no warrant would be required, if a drug test was justified.

It's not the nurse's right to use "policy" to disobey a police order. It's the cop's job to arrest people who refuse his instructions. It's a judge's job to decide of the evidence was illegally gained, in which case it can't be used to convict the person the evidence was taken from, and the office who illegally collected the evidence may be punished.

The mob defending the nurse are acting like savages in insisting that it's the right of the people to disobey police if they disagree with the police. That's also how people do get arrested and even killed by police.
One more time, for the slow kid...
The guy was NOT A SUSPECT! He was a victim.
A court order could be gotten in-maybe-twenty minutes.
He could not consent, therefore, taking his blood is certainly unethical, probably malpractice, and possibly rises to the level of a criminal act.

The cop was 100% in the wrong, end of story.

You're a fascist, and BTW there are judges on call 24-7 and a warrant can be signed on a computer and returned to the office in charge in minutes.

No, I'm an Authoritarian. There is a difference.

Different shit, same septic tank.

In my mind no warrant should be necessary. Then again, I also believe thst failure to agree to a breathalyzer or fiekd sobriety test should be treated as an admission of guilt to a DUI/DWI.
The guy COULD NOT-he was unconscious! He was not a suspect in anything, he was the VICTIM!

Don't know, I was getting the impression that he was trying to simply jerk people's chains............

Nope. I'm as serious as a heart attack in the middle of the Sahara Desert. I don't have a sense of humor. I had it surgically removed as a child to make space for my Ego.

Last edited:
Don't know, I was getting the impression that he was trying to simply jerk people's chains............

Nope. I'm as serious as a heart attack in the middle of the Sahara Desert. I don't have a sense of humor. I had it surgucskky removed as a child to make space for my Ego.
Now, now. Don't get too big headed, my ego can beat up your ego any day.

A warrant is used for searches and seizures. I think the term you are looking for is court order.

I had a school resource police officer tell me to pick up a carton of milk off the floor, a carton that did not end up on the floor because of me. I simply flipped her off and went about my day. It's amazing that the police think we somehow work for them when it's the other way around. I don't answer to their back and call unless they have a lawful reason for me to do something.

No, they pretty clearly say warrant in the videos.

Forum List

Back