NYC is considering removing statues of Washington and Columbus

As New York City cripples under monumental budget cuts due to a migrant crisis straining public resources, the city council is planning to consider a series of measures that would, among other things, remove statues of major historical figures like George Washington and create a reparations task force.

The items are included in New York City’s council agenda for Tuesday, September 19, 2023. The council’s Cultural Affairs Committee will hold a public hearing on a measure to remove works of art on city property that "depict a person who owned enslaved persons or directly benefited economically from slavery, or who participated in systemic crimes against indigenous peoples or other crimes against humanity."

This criteria would include figures like America’s first president George Washington, Dutch governor and New York settler Peter Stuyvesant, as well as Christopher Columbus – all of whom have statues throughout the city.

Comment:
This is just more Dumb Democrat hate and racism and it will not solve any problems.
The Democrats should put reparations on a ballot if they are serious.
Jefferson and Hamilton too I hope!

And that big George M. Cohan thing on Broadway always bothered me...

Why do we need art anyway?

Tear it ALL down.

And burn the books too.

:)

Not to worry, if they ever get around to reparations, you'll darken up overnight.
No.... the only thing for sure is that racist like you will have more and more bitch in you as the years go on.

My family, other than some in laws, aren't deserving of American reparations. None of my family members were slaves here or victims of American segregation. We didn't immigrate here until the 80s.

As New York City cripples under monumental budget cuts due to a migrant crisis straining public resources, the city council is planning to consider a series of measures that would, among other things, remove statues of major historical figures like George Washington and create a reparations task force.

The items are included in New York City’s council agenda for Tuesday, September 19, 2023. The council’s Cultural Affairs Committee will hold a public hearing on a measure to remove works of art on city property that "depict a person who owned enslaved persons or directly benefited economically from slavery, or who participated in systemic crimes against indigenous peoples or other crimes against humanity."

This criteria would include figures like America’s first president George Washington, Dutch governor and New York settler Peter Stuyvesant, as well as Christopher Columbus – all of whom have statues throughout the city.

Comment:
This is just more Dumb Democrat hate and racism and it will not solve any problems.
So, who owns those statues?

Comment:
Sorry this isn't Satire run amuck.The real satire took place
when a N.Y.city Cop { Who barely walked the beat } was
rewarded with a Mayorship.A desk Officer ta boot.
N.Y.City has been reeling ever since.
Rudderless and now whirling around troubles seas.
The Sea of seedy discipline and bearings.

What is diverse about the democrat party other than skin color?
And the religious and ethnic diversity? 😄

The Republican party is the party of White evangelicals. You must either be a coward or complete moron to suggest there was any other party with less diversity than the Republican party. 😄

I simply don't agree with your premise that honoring slavers honors America.

Are you really trying to tell me what the hue of my skin is from behind your keyboard? I'm Chinese, Indian and African. What other color but caramel would you imagine my skin to be under those circumstances? 😄 Stop fantasizing about me. Its weird.

No. You're just desperate for a point.

He was. It's a fact. Accept it, Soy.

You're a moron.
On a job or college application there is no entry for “caramel”. You’re black. You hate being black so you make us some strange coloring to describe yourself. Washington wasn’t a slaver. You hate America. Leave. Don’t use the USD since Washington is on the dollar bill. Hypocrite.

No.... the only thing for sure is that racist like you will have more and more bitch in you as the years go on.

My family, other than some in laws, aren't deserving of American reparations. None of my family members were slaves here or victims of American segregation. We didn't immigrate here until the 80s.
Why would you immigrate to a systemically racist country that has offensive statues? 🤷‍♂️

Like I said, skin color is all the democrats consider when talking diversity.
What does religion have to do with skin color? And why are you crying about it like a little bitch when you're the one who brought up diversity? 😄

On a job or college application there is no entry for “caramel”. You’re black.
There is an option for other.
You hate being black so you make us some strange coloring to describe yourself.
Caramel isn't a strange color and I'm not ashamed of any facet of my heritage.
Washington wasn’t a slaver.
He was. Take your time coming to terms with that fact. 😄
You hate America. Leave.
No you Bitch. Make me.
Don’t use the USD since Washington is on the dollar bill. Hypocrite.
I haven't carried paper money in ages. 😄
Why would you immigrate to a systemically racist country that has offensive statues? 🤷‍♂️
Because I was a fetus and statues really aren't the top of anyone's concern.

Who are they trying to please by removing statues of historic figures. It certainly won't feed or house the poor. It won't clean up the filthy streets. It won't fix the failing schools. It won't make people safe in their own houses or cars or just walking on the street. It won't make the media accurate. Removing statues is the solution of mental midgets.

They should calculate what the $24 dollars paid for the place would be in today's dollars and trade it back to the Indians.
then they should deport the Democrats

Don't play dumb.

And no, you did.

VVVVVVVVVVV
I don't know what that's supposed to mean. If you want to enlighten me on the link you imagine exists between religion and skin color I'd love to hear about it and then laugh at you for it.

There is an option for other.

Caramel isn't a strange color and I'm not ashamed of any facet of my heritage.

He was. Take your time coming to terms with that fact. 😄

No you Bitch. Make me.

I haven't carried paper money in ages. 😄

Because I was a fetus and statues really aren't the top of anyone's concern.
Weirdos check off “other”. You’re black bro. You hate this country fetus or not, why do you still live here? So when you eat caramels is it cannibalism?

Make you do what? Make an ass out of yourself? You’ve done a great job of that already.

Forum List

Back